HP
3,806 reviews

HP Employee Reviews

A fun place to work
Project Manager, Infrastructure (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Working from home mostly
Cons: None
I worked as a PM performing infrastructure refresh projects. I got to work remotely which I find most productive. I interfaced with people from around the globe and some of the people that I had previously worked with at EDS.
Autonomy to Work From Home or Any Bank of America Location
Operational Engineer, (Level 3) HPES (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Work Environment, Management, Peers, Autonomy
Cons: 24/7 On Call Support, With No Overtime or Pager Pay
I enjoyed working with all of my peers. We were an excellent team who always filled in for one another.

I learned from each situation I was tasked with. This ranged from fixing a call center issue in India to fixing a single user's phone in the Bank of America Industry.

The most difficult part of the job was being level 3 support. Break/Fix issues needed to be solved at our level. Our team had no other group to escalate to. We needed to provide a fix and/or workaround within agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement) time frame. We engaged any vendor or team that was needed to assist. We were also tasked with a 7 day rotation of 24/7 on call support.
Fun environment, business orientated
Account Manager (Former Employee), Conway, ARJune 2, 2015
Pros: Nice environment, friendly people
Cons: Not enough training
A typical day for me would be to arrive early, look at my pipeline to see what deals were coming up and the expected deadline to meet the goal of having the commercial business close on an expected sale regarding servers, storage and networking. There would be several team meetings regarding where each individual in the team were at and how to better accomplish the sale goal, and each team member would have to explain why they were at a certain teir, or level of accomplishment. There would also be over the phone conferences with individuals who are outside of the call center and higher up at Hewlett-Packard than the managers who work there. I would have to explain my top deals and where they were at on the pipeline of expectancy and why, and also explain the amount that was projected to close and how close I was to reaching my pipeline goal. I would also work with team leaders and simulations of closed deals.
fantastic Company
Contractor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
Good Benefits and pays very well I was over shipping And receiving also as a material handler team leader is a process ill love to be living by
Large company to work for.
IT Analysis Service (Current Employee), Tulsa, Ok.June 1, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: not sure if you will be working there
There is movement but recently they are moving more toward contractor employees and eliminating the full time HP employees.
Technical Consultant
Mission Critical Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 1, 2015
Remotely assist HP field engineers with troubleshooting. Solution verification, and appropriate hardware procurement.

Provided administrative support by maintain updates, upgrade, repair, test and cleaning desktop computer systems.
HP electronic technician
Technician (Former Employee), Houston,TXMay 30, 2015
Conscientious Electronic Technician with a penchant for identifying innovative ways to boost energy efficiency. Adept at maintaining, installing and repairing various electronic systems and components. Committed to delivering cost-effective electronics solutions
Great Exposure for Freshers
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMay 29, 2015
During my time at Hewlett-Packard, I have developed extensive skills leading, inspiring, coaching and mentoring a skilled team of field support technicians and back office specialists. I worked on a Java based application which included many front end and back end skills.
Fun place when t was Palm
Operations Quality/Service Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 29, 2015
Palm was a fun place to work with great products. But because of slow reacting to market. They could not keep up with market, and HP accrued Palm and killed all the hardware.
fun place
Senior Security Consultant, ESS (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
Very involved in life outside of work and great community outreach programs. They value education and health of their employees
Great place to work, amazing people
Data Warehouse consultant (Former Employee), New Jersey, USAMay 29, 2015
Pros: perfect organization to work with
Cons: cant think of any
I was posted for this job for a short period, but I believe the organization knows how to take care of its employees. wish I could have worked there longer.
Executive-level Management decisions cause stress and lack of Teamwork.Management
Senior IT Program Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2015
Management does not take action when risks are presented. On conference calls 70 - 75% of the day managing Teams across the globe. Hardest part of the job is not being the Direct Manager of your Program Team members. Have taken various conflict management/resolution classes which have helped motivate Core Team members.
Approving claims
Medicaid Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: No advancement
Day at work: process paper claims and approve claims
Learned: Laws of Medicaid
Co-workers: all helpful and easy to get along with
Making life threatening decisions
Approving must needed medical work
Great people to work with
Computer Programmer (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 26, 2015
Not a bad company to work for. Great people which makes for an easy going work environment. Rotating shifts makes it tough for a social life. Pay is not great.
A good place to work
Service Information Developer II (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 26, 2015
The work environment is great -- a lot of interesting projects, supportive co-workers and sensible management team. The most enjoy part of the job is learning all aspects of supporting a large data warehouse.
Company under new management
Bilingual Sales Architect (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, competitive pay, enjoyable hours
Cons: Continually changing policies and procedures
I really enjoyed my time with HP. I've learned how to hone in on my sales skills and abilities through the guidance and assistance of my sales leads. My co-workers were a diverse group of individuals that helped encouraged me through challenging times. The hardest part of my job was having to let go of my position. I was hired on through a third party entity and my time was contractual.
Great people to work with, poor on promises
Customer Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Allen Park, MIMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good people, flexible management
Cons: Performance not adequately compinsated
During my years at Hewlett-Packard, I have developed extensive skills leading, inspiring, coaching and mentoring a skilled team of field support technicians and back office specialists. These individuals are located all throughout Southeast Michigan and the US. I have lead this support team through changes in software and hardware technology.
HP Review Summary
Test Tech 1 (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORMay 26, 2015
Pros: Certain marketing discounts to surrounding restaurants.
Cons: Improper Management of Interpersonal Issues, False sense of moving forward
On a day to day basis you will be running a certain number of tests for a single printer bank. The work consists of making sure the paper is stocked and the tests are running. If there are any errors, you have to fix them and then notate them on an excel document and on paper. The shifts are 8 hours and can be busy if you are alone. If Lionbridge decides to move people to your section, then you may have really slow days because the work is too easy.
I learned how to use software and hardware for processing and testing printers.
I was continually let down by the management, as I was promised a Tech 2 promotion, but was never given the position. I continued working there out of loyalty, but was lead on again, and then disappointed again.
My co-workers were pleasant to be around, and generally acted kindly toward each other. There were times when drama arose and management refused to remedy the situation, leading to major blow outs and angry co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is having the patience and diligence to run good tests with good information, as the shifts are long and it gets boring.
The most enjoyable part of this job is getting paid better than minimum wage.
I really enjoyed the people I worked with but the work enviornment was very difficult due to an uncertain future.
Finance Manager, Level II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Accounting systems were very inaccurate
I started as a telecommuter and then moved into a local office. As a telecommuter the hours were very demanding because I technically never left the office. I moved into a local office and felt more a part of the HP culture. The accounting systems were not very supportive and caused a great deal of problems. The people I worked with were very top notch.
Once was a great company
KNOWLEDGE ACQUISITION ENGINEER (Former Employee), Conway, ARMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great Peers
Cons: Jobs sent to other countries
A great company that is off-shoring most jobs to other countries in order to show a profit. No concern for seasoned employees that have provided non stop support regardless of "constant" layoffs over the last 15 years.

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more

HP Salaries