HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,755 reviews matching the search
Nice place to work
IT Microsoft Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2017
Great work life balance and nice place to work, good atmosphere and I really enjoyed working there, valued their employees and supported diversity. I really look forward to working for other companies that have the same values.
Pros
Work life balance and great compensation
Cons
N/a
Hello
Tier 2 Level CSR (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed the company while I was there but the money once you're hired on, wasn't worth it. They became my family but again the money when hired on was not worth it.
HP is a balanced Work/Life environment with growth opportunities
Mechanical Engineer (MTS) (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 26, 2017
Hewlett Packard provides a balanced Work/Life environment with fast pace, team worker,competitive peers and growth opportunities. We all looked for team successful results.
Pros
Team work and results oriented company with good salary and benefits.
Excellent Company, Excellent workplace
Enterprise Support Manager-ESM (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJMay 26, 2017
Best Place to work hands down. Fun place to work, great people, great benefits, great salary. You learn something new everyday and you have opportunities to move around the company.
Pros
Fun place to work, great benefits and great people
Cons
Too many Layoffs
Greatest place to work at.
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
It has been a great fun, experience to have been working there. I really like the working environment , the management and the employees. Generally speaking, it is a great place to work at.
Network Computer Test Technician
Computer Networking Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
Good Company to work for i Learn a lot from the team leads and have received a lot of friendship in the process love the job but find a better opportunity
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Job Security
I was a temp forever
Healthcare/Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 23, 2017
I started out as a temp and left as a temp. They would hire outside before hiring temps who were already there and knew the ropes. Different food vendors everyday, so that was cool.
Fast-paced environment
Executive hiring (Former Employee) –  virtualMay 23, 2017
Long hours, good people
Must be independent thinker
Big company means lots of resources, though not all available to consultants
Must want to get the information not wait for it
I enjoyed seeing a positive transformation of the company/culture while I was there
Hewlett Packard is a good place to work
Business Planning Manager V, NA Workstations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed the challenges and the overall management of the company, but as with all big corporations, are always faced with reorganizations and downsizing. Compensation was above average and enjoyed most all the employees I was worked with.
Always something to do
Developer for the Arkansas (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 22, 2017
Always plenty to do to keep busy. I mostly worked from home and created my own schedule. There wasn't any chance for promotion or any increase to salary.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No commitment to their employees.
Decent Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2017
Good Starter job and helped me stretch out my sales skills. Would recommend for a new hire and anyone looking to gain more knowledge in Sales opportunity.
Pros
Learning about HP products
Cons
Hours were restricted by ablity to travel.
Great pay and benefits!
ON SITE ADMINISTRATOR/TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 22, 2017
I was never satisfied with my managers or co-workers. I always felt like I was stepping on someone else's toes or would always get thrown under a bus of one kine or another.
HPE INC to DXC Technology Inc
Print Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAMay 22, 2017
HPE Inc now is DXC Technology Inc is a Fortune 500 company and provides opportunities in Virginia to move to different positions and learn different technical areas on the Navy Project. They provide excellent benefits and pay for a secret and a top secret clearance if required for the position. Hours are flexible and there are additional benefits such as long or short term disability and legal services etc. Normaly day is maintaining outages and worker with different departments and working to resolve server issues. The culture of this is much like that of the Military due to the variety of people in this culture. The hardest part of the job is finding out why a server went down and being extremely specific on the circumstances because we cannot always find out why everytime. The best part is working with some really good people who share knowledge of their environment that may affect yours such as Sequel or VMWare or Active Directory Team or Capacity and Planning. Server years there I have worked under various management teams, some good and some not so good. I learned that the customer is priority because without them we can do nothing.
Pros
Great Benefits and time off
Cons
Working in old building with extremly bad ventilation
Fast paced Technical career.
Technical Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
The tech field is changing at a accelerated pace. At HP we are on the front end of new frontiers. I work for Both Bank of America and Wells Fargo. We at HP service all there needs both with Hardware and Software support.
Pros
Fast paced
Working
Lead Material Handler/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
Get the blueprint and lay it out to the right size of parts make sure the work is done right double check on the parts before I fit them together right
got to work from home so that was good
Manager Capacity Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 18, 2017
my deal with HP is jaded because I was bought from Bank of America in a transition to outsource their storage management. The contract terminated but while I was there HP did a good job of taking care of their employees. I was compensated about average of the market value.
Pros
work from home
Cons
main office was 1 1/2 hours away
Interesting environment
R&D (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 17, 2017
It is a interesting environment, filled with smart engineers. you have the ability to explore many areas in technology.
It is sometime a challenge to navigate the management bureaucracy and pin down commitments towards projects.
Pros
reasonable work/life balance
Cons
corporate management and strategy can be challanging
Would not work here again
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 17, 2017
The most unorganized organization I have ever worked for. No interest in the employee or there well being. Not honest when dealing with there employees and got a head on the backs of there employees
Productive and fun place
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 16, 2017
It was really fun place to work. There will always be work life balance here.
I have had lots of opportunities to learn and work in latest technologies in Testing.
Great workforce, terrible culture.
Software Architect/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 16, 2017
HP is filled with bright hard working employees and work hours are long but flexible. On the down side, management doesn't seem to have the ability to innovate or produce quality products.
Cons
No management vision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.