HP Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,261 reviews matching the search
Great Work Life Balance at the Expense of Career Advancement
Service Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 12, 2016
For the most part, HPE is a good place to work. It is a global company which will have you working with good people all over the world. Interactions are typically virtual with online meetings; so travel is minimal. It is a professional work environment and you are treated with respect by management and coworkers. Work life balance is entrenched in the culture. Work from home used to be the norm but is going away. Career development and salary increases are nonexistent; even when you achieve stellar reviews. So be sure to negotiate well on your way in. There is also a never ending round of layoffs. If this causes you to stress, HPE may not be the right employer.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance, Professional Work Environment, Good Benefits
Cons
No Career Advancement, No Salary Increases, Frequent Layoffs
No strategy or future for HP Inc.
Sr. R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2016
There is no clear strategy or long term success plans for HP Inc. after the company split at the end of 2015. Executive management is just hoping to survive long enough for some Asian company to buy out HP Inc. or pieces of HP Inc.

There is no innovation or engineering at HP. It's 100% ODM outsourced to Asia. Any remaining engineering or technical support work is moved to China. HP in the US is sales and marketing only. If you are an engineer or technical, you don't want to work for HP.
Pros
Cons
No pay raises ever, no chance for advancement, constantly cutting bdugets
Independant working environment
Medicaid Helpdesk Rep for www.ctdssmap.com (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 4, 2016
This job offered very little in the area of career development. This contract division of HP dealt mostly with Medicaid billing and processing, as well as enrollment and medical review. Management was very hands-off in their approach and offered little feedback regarding job performance. The call center was very busy which left little time for any interaction or relationship or team building.
Pros
Good benefits, great vacation time, small organization
Cons
Management, outdated office space, disorganized
Productive and Intense
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Work was very stressful. I did love working with the HP customers one on one. Hardest part of the job was the fact that HP management changed so often. This was difficult for everyone. The HP culture was always intense because the company was not doing well and made a lot of bad business decisions that has literally broken the company in two. HP did have a lot of wonderful employee benefits such as doctor, pharmacy, credit union, and workout facility on premises. I am though very appreciative that I did get a chance to work at EDS especially and then HP.
Pros
Employee benefits
Great Company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 30, 2016
Helps build a sales focused mind. Leadership keeps things silent until the last minute causing a lot of distress. Great people and great managers.
Pros
Great sales opportunities, great managers, great work/life balance, great benefits
Cons
Job Security is always a question.
Friendly work environment.
Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2015
I would come in to work early each day, check emails and proceed with tasks assigned to me by my team leads. I provided HP costumers with trouble shooting assistance and PC replacements as needed. During my two years with Hewlett Packard I learned a great deal about laptop and desktop diagnostics and component replacement.
All co-workers where great friends between each other. We planned out holiday events for Thanksgivings as well as Christmas.
Difficulties with work at Hewlett Packard was the large work load placed on Depot employees. During my two years i was responsible for inventory management, PC repairs, customer IT support and shipping, PC diagnostics and re-imaging.
My love for the job was in the hands on work as well as the diverse opportunities provided to learn and grow.
Pros
1 hour lunch, quiet work environment.
Cons
Blow median pay-rate, no possibility for pay raise.
I had a bad experience.
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORFebruary 29, 2016
They hired me and moved me across the country. When I showed up they had hired someone else for the same position. They ended up giving me a bunch of side jobs, and after six month laid me off. Management provided no training, but would get angry if you didn't know how to do something. If you teach me, I can do anything. Great company just had a bad manager.
Pros
Benifits are awsome
Cons
long work hours
A company desperatly trying to find its future
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 3, 2016
I was assigned to a group who were not really sure how they could provide value to their customers. I think one reason is that the organization was a conglomeration of individuals of extremely varying disciplines.

HP in general is stuggling to decide what they want to be when they grow up. Perpetual force reductions do not help the morale.
Pros
Salary, vacation, benefits.
Cons
Unclear mission, management that is unattentive
couldn't wait to quit
HP/3PAR Escalation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 1, 2016
just terrible. management did not back us up against abusive customers calling in for help. no training was provided at all even though all of us begged for training at every meeting. No raises for anyone. Almost no bonuses to speak of. Moral is in the toilet.
Pros
I was able to quit
Cons
no training / no telecommute/ terrible management/ don't care about employees
Where innovation begins but never goes anywhere
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 2, 2016
I have worked for HP in different roles for over 5 years and I have seen time and time again "innovative" ideas get washed out and replaced with the same old song and dance. HP has a ton of potential but simply is stuck in old ways. I believe one day they will regain their brand name but it may be rock bottom before they make real changes.
Pros
excellent 401k
Cons
no other real benefits that compete with companies in their industry of their size
I worked for a great manager and team.
Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 29, 2016
I was with HP/EDS for nearly 15 years.

In my time with HP/EDS, I worked with a great manager and team.

A typical day at work involved administering Microsoft Exchange, supporting end users, and troubleshooting issues.

My team lead, manager and team were great to work with.

The downside with working for HP was the constant worry of job cuts and an uncertain future. Leaving my team and colleagues was a difficult decision but the right decision.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible work hours
Cons
Job cuts
Once great company suffering from poor strategic decisions
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 5, 2016
HP was once a great company and really created the blueprint for what a great tech company should be. When they started bringing in outside executives to the highest positions it became just another corporation. Job security is extremely poor, morale is low, and no one is willing to take a risk. Co-workers are great people and many still believe HP can become a great company again. Everyone works extremely hard, and puts in long hours, only to be rewarded by more layoffs increasing the workload for those who are left. Thoroughly enjoyed my time at HP, but have concerns for its future.
Pros
Great people, interesting work
Cons
Poor strategic management decisions
Like any other computer company, only more succesfull
Data Architecture Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
HP sells more computers than any other company. Just be sure that you work on a product that you think is interesting, because there are a lot or super boring products.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
Major major coorporation culture
Great Working Environment
Incident and remote desktop management of NASA (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 22, 2016
HP split into two separate companies last year, HPI and HPE. I was with HPE and found the company and great environment but lacking opportunities to advance with competitive benefits.
Hewlett Packard
ESIT Compass Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 25, 2015
This company pays well and allows for a work life balance. You can learn a lot and add a lot of value to the organization. Opportunities to work from home, move cross functionally within the organization, and suggest your ideas, have them accepted and implemented. Therefore you can see the results you are producing.
Pros
Compensation, work environment, people
Cons
It can seem like a dead in job. If you want to give this company your life, you may be able to have some promotions over the years.
highly employee oriented company, however, slow-moving to make quick decisions
Manager, Network Server Division (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 22, 2016
great place to work, good benefits, however, too much of decision-by-consensus making it slow and stodgy...

under competitive pressure in virtually all segments of their business. Also, with the declining trend in printing, their printer business revenue is under pressure...
Pros
highly employee-oriented
Cons
slow-paced
great
Social Media Expert (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 9, 2016
Great place to work and make friends. It was a company founded on innovation and one that cared about it's employees. I would recommend this place to anyone that wanted a work environment with a good culture/
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
3 CEOs in 3 years, - too many cooks in the Kitchen
Everyone is a Team Player.
Insight Global Contractor (Former Employee) –  6901 Windcrest Parkway Plano Tx, 75024October 26, 2015
Every day is a learning experience because each day there maybe a different problem that you will have to deal with. I have learn to stick with doing something physical that will not ship overseas.The management was easy to get along with and work with. My co-workers will a great group to work with even thou I train all of them.The hardest part of the job was getting stuff together for the drills. The enjoyable part of the job is not having anyone looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Everyone on the team is willing to help out doing projects.
Cons
If they would give out raises when they are due.
Productive and fun loving environment
Business Analyst/QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 7, 2015
Attended sprint planning meeting every morning. Writing Systems requirements in Version 1. Arranged JAD sessions with the clients for requirement gatherings. UAT testing, Writing meeting minutes on daily meetings. Working on Tier 2 Helpdesk issues. Communication and providing clients with update throughout the project. Co-workers were nice the hardest part of the job to meet some of the deadlines in short amount of time. Enjoyable part of the job being able to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and knoweldge share
Cons
Not good benefits
Can't say much about HP..
QA Project Lead, Software & Systems Group (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I left the company right after HP acquired Tandem Computers. I have great admiration to Tandem. It was a wonderful company to work for. Great culture and treated its employees very well, great benefits and opportunities..
Pros
Tandem was great, and I have heard great things about HP also..
Cons
not much..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.