HP
3,280 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Inside and out workplace very open
Windows Microsoft Upgrade/Migration Engineer (Current Employee), New CarrollotonJanuary 27, 2015
7 to5 hours
The operationg systems
Excellent
Co-Workers good
Customers
Dealing with the customers
Good Company
Data Migration Lead (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 27, 2015
It's a very good company to work. Very supportive and caring management and executives. HR is really very helpful. Working culture is really good. I got a good exposure in not only the software application, I was contracted for, but also other applications too.
Excelent Company with smart people. Pushes you to excel
Master Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: remote working
Cons: clashes between the old and the new.
HP has been transformed through the leadership of Meg Whitman. It has returned to its former glory as a technology and service innovator.
I had the fortune of working with a smart group of people devoted to excellence and improvement. Worked in establishing a solid IT Risk program and deliver services according to contract and with a higher level of excellence. I worked remotely with more than 60 people from all over the US and Latin America.
Loved working here
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: ability to work at home
Cons: lots of lay offs
Best place to work. I had one of the best managers in my life at HP. I was able to work part time at home and part time at the office. My manager also had complete confidence in my ability to do my job.
No security
Network Engineer (Former Employee), NCJanuary 26, 2015
No clear communication between upper mgmt and employees. No job security and compensation was not adequate. Benefits were ok but overall, not a good company to work for.
Global company, always changing
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Good work/life balance, co-workers very friendly and intelligent. Compensation is average and constant churn with layoffs annually is not for the faint of heart.
Worst job I've ever had
Level IV mechanical builder (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: you can pay your rent
Cons: poor management, no benifits, no time off, no upward mobility
When the agency told me, "We're pretty much hiring anyone" that should have been my first clue. The management is run by young people with huge egos that enjoy rubbing your contract status in your face. Thus, there's hardly any upward mobility. You're always threatened with being let go and the point system that prevents virtually any personal time off make work and life impossible to balance.
Stepping stone job
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits, good co-workers
Cons: restrictive promotions, nonstop change, false promises, horrible compensation scale
This is job is a good opportunity for new professionals in the area, but other than that I would stay away if you are eager for progression like myself. You can stay in this job and have success but it is usually short lived. There pain points to every job, but there are specific ones at this job that limit growth and creativity.

The people you work with are great and work/life balance is good. However, the endless issues and problems you have to deal with due to lack of upper management support and HP cutting costs in the wrong areas is really frustrating. I don't know how a company can expect more and more every quarter when you are stuck doing other peoples jobs everyday. This style of work is ultimately accepted because something always goes wrong. So much, that it becomes more of an administrative job than a sales job. Which in turn sucks all of the creativity and fun out of the job.
Challenging work environment requiring quick thinking and rapid response to issues.
Project / Program Manager IV (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good compensation, good working conditions
Cons: lack ot commitment to the services side of business
Overall, HP ES was a very good place to work. There was a reduction in workforce of approximately 60,000 to improve numbers on Wall Street. This particular contract concluded in September 2014, making it convenient to release those personnel as part of the reduction, which included me. Excellent compensation and benefits; great hardware product line.
great company to work for
Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: in house caffeteria, daily breaks
Cons: long hours
day to day responsibilities required gathering data for new product costs from production, marketing, and engineering personnel also writing up variance reports for work orders with large positive or negative assembly time variances and using these to evaluate standard assembly times

I was able to improved my inter personnel and programming skills,

I had several managers some were excellent others not as good

got along great with co-workers, everyone seemed to really like working here

the long hours, 60 and 70 a week on occasion, were tiring

I enjoyed the challenge of working in several different cost centers: Displays, Scopes, Integrated Circuits as well as with all types of people
Professional environment with little concern for employees
Systems Engineer and Technical Lead (Current Employee), Vancouver, WashingtonJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: wonderful colleagues.
Cons: little opportunity for technical training and advancement
Design, develop, Implement and support state Medicaid systems.
Great colleagues.
Using older technology, that should be modernized.
Technical team members should rotate through the different roles; eg; batch, UI, DBA, so that they obtain a wide technical set.
Challenging and interesting
Unix Consultant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Hardest part of the job:
As a contractor, dealing with the constant management changes.
Most enjoyable part of the job.
Investigating and resolving customer issues.
Contractor with DISA
CCRI/Inventory Property Control Specialist (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule and work from home options
Cons: location
I enjoyed working with our customers and supporting the team.
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Tucker GaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: professional workplace
Cons: manager on power struggle
Productive workplace with room for advancement if your friends with the manager with the particular department. Dress code needs to be professional.
Best time working at HP
Area Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2015
HP works diligently to create an outstanding workplace. Training is top notch.
I Loved Working
EMR Computer Technician (Current Employee), Houston,Tx.January 22, 2015
Staffing agency kept me with a job.....Learned a lot of skills from different jobs.....Co Worker were good.......
Management lost
Hyperscale Inside Account Manager (Current Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: pay gets shifted constantly, quotas are unattainable, metrics are unrelatable.
Management does not know how different segments work and refuses to meet customer needs as they are blinded by the "need" for metrics.
Great place to learn a skill
Solution Leader USPS (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Rather long days and weekends. Not much time off between deals. Co-workers are great! Just got tired of the long days 7 days a week.
Fast pace work place
Support Technician (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: helping customers with issues
Cons: the drive to work was a little long
I would get to work 30 mins early to setup my work station. I enjoyed helping customers with any issue they had with their computers. Co-workers were very helpful if I had a question. I enjoyed the fast pace work. Customers that were upset with the issue, talking them through steps to fix they issue calmed them down and they were vary appreciated.
Seem to be in the middle of downsizing.
Engineering Coordinator IV EMC Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: varied job activities.
Cons: job security.
The job was extremely varied with a mixture of Engineering, Sustaining and Maintenance activities.

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more