HP
3,143 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Very nice working enviroment to work in
HP Field Technician/Team Lead (Former Employee), Waynesboro, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: great company with a lot of history
Cons: drive time and parts ordering issues
Very large company to work for. Very nice working conditions. Was provided company car and HP paid for many additional training that I needed.
Great standards
Project Coordinator-PMO (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 24, 2014
Pros: great organization
HP taught me discipline and respect. These two factors can carry you a long way in life and have not failed me yet. The army has been one of my best experiences and I enjoyed everyday of my over 20 years within.
SAP Consume to Cash and Convergent Charging Consultant
SAP SD CCC Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 22, 2014
SAP Consume to Cash and Convergent Charging Consultant
HP is a leading global technology based software service provider. The project included design and testing of the charging of software sales in SAP convergent charging.

Responsibilities
• Led the project team in the design building, configuration and testing phases.
• Designed, configured and tested – more... charging solution pertaining to the high-tech and telecom consume to cash service scenarios in SAP Convergent Charging.
• Designed the connection administration tool to read and process the consumption data records
• Worked on the Batch acquisition and rating tool to manage the consolidation and rating of the consumption data records.
• Performed configurations related to pricing of the consumption data in SAP CC.
• Configured the mapping between SAP convergent charging and SAP convergent invoicing using billable item mapping functionality. – less
Productive and accomodating
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 22, 2014
Pros: company vehicle and room to move up the ladder
Cons: your words fall on deaf ears
Very exciting company to work for.I have learned a lot plus received many opportunities to receive training in advancements of new technology.
Sr. Admin (Current Employee), Herndon, VADecember 21, 2014
Pros: good company
It's a good place to work. I have no problems.====================
Pontiac Leveraged
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIDecember 21, 2014
Pros: fun console -
Cons: high expectations with low pay.
Expect to support multiple clients both taking phone calls and reviewing emails to assignment to secondary support teams as necessary. Rotating schedules. Entry level temporary position as a contract worker. Allows for college schedules and offers part time positions if work not compatible. In the call center personal is continually rotated as many – more... move to new opportunities. A few top performing employees are promoted to new responsibilities but the pay rate remains low.

Co-workers are supportive to resolve tough issues. Management reviews performance daily and expects continual improvement with huddle meeting to display how you are performing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is no particular dress code as we are behind the scenes. – less
MY CUSTOMERS MADE ME
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 21, 2014
Cons: short breaks, unorganized
I LOVED THE JOB AND THE CUSTOMERS FELT LIKE FAMILY. WHEN MY CUSTOMERS WERE HAVING A BAD DAY IT WAS MY JOB TO MAKE SURE THE REST OF THEIR DAY WAS MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE. MY MANAGER WAS HORRIBLE AT HER JOB SO I BASICALLY WAS STANDING ON MY OWN.
fast paced and lots of incoming calls
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 20, 2014
1. Helped customers with billing,orders,payments,credits.
2. learned to calm customers down when they are irate when they call about products or billing.
3. Helped co-workers when needed help and got along with them.
4. Hardest part of the job was keeping phone time under specified amount of time when trying to make a customer happy and satisfied.
5. – more... Team work was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
I like my department at HP
Database Developer (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible
One of the better places I have worked in Madison, WI. Work is challenging and work load is reasonable
Good People
Business Services Manager - Networks (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 19, 2014
Pros: awesome people
Cons: excessive bureaucracy
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the people on my team. When I first started, I was given free reign to perform my duties, to build the most resilient, redundant network possible. The members on my team all supported each other, and collaborated very well together.
HP Enterprise is much different than HP corporate
ITO Service Delivery Consultant (Current Employee), Millington, TNDecember 18, 2014
I was laid off on the latest government contract renewal. For me, it was great. The job progressed to the point it was busy work. There was no room for advancement. No one left their positions. Any input one had was considered, but didn't matter. Management was amazing. In fact, the entire division was. The problems lied with upper management and the – more... company's treatment of employees. – less
Challenging Place to Work
Senior Program Manager - ITO Services (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 18, 2014
Good Culture and Work Life Balance. Working from home is a great benefit.
Great company culture and pride in HP
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Bay Area; Palo Alto, CaliforniaDecember 17, 2014
Pros: nice campus, great company culture with flexible work arrangements.
Cons: compensation for ea's not up to market standard.
I am a true HP fan... fan of the products, people and culture.
Not up to date in how they treat EA's, a bit behind the times in my opinion.
Productive and fun workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee), Herndon, VADecember 17, 2014
no additional comments....

HP is a productive and fun workplace
Friendly workplace and hard workers
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 17, 2014
Inbound calls for Guthy Renker , I took care of the customers issue in a timely matter, Following call flow. I received multiple 100% QA for a job well done as well as customer compliments.
Then I was moved to a different client , United Cargo. I went thru a intensive 2 week training and became a booking agent . We booked freight for companys to ship – more... world wide.
I was later bumped up to the Issue Resolution Team, where we would locate lost freight for the costumer. – less
Would not recommend to anyone
Data Engineer III (Current Employee), Bridgewater, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: no future, no base pay raises, no training or career advancement
My exposure with HP is with one particular state government project, so I cannot judge other projects. However, from what I have experienced, HP as a company does not support it's employees from a training or advancement perspective. It's solution for growth is to encourage taking early retirement, layoff workers, divide itself into two parts so the – more... undesirable part can be sold. It is a company in decline and I would avoid it should you have other options.

I was a full-time remote support employee and enjoyed the flexibility from working from home, however, this privilege included long stints, such as working all night and the next day, sometime up to 36 hours at a stretch, which I think should be illegal.

Coworkers were fine to work with, except for a few exceptions, but that happens anywhere.

Project managers were technically incompetent and there were many of them. Lack of communication was a big problem at all levels of the project. – less
great place to work - great colleagues
Contracts Coordinator II (Former Employee), Andover, MADecember 16, 2014
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working for HP. Always busy which I liked. Learned something new all the time. Co-workers were great. I worked with all levels of management and peers across may departments. (Finance, credit and collections, customer relations, IT, sales, sales administration, managers, directors, vice presidents, order administration, customers, legal and – more... credit team. All Customers and internal departments I interacted it were through out North America, Canada and Israel. – less
A place where I'm driven to do my best
Team Lead (Insurance Healthcare Rep IV) (Current Employee), Monrovia, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: upper management is great
A typical day for me is running several reports, responding to emails, updating processes, and working face-to-face with my co-workers. I also manage several analysts and assist them with client issues as they arise along with any technical concerns/questions they should have.

This experience has helped me to blossom into an established team lead- – more... I've experienced facilitating and managing people and projects.

The hardest part of this job is utilizing downtime effectively. Every so often (usually around holidays), work gets slow- so trying to stay motivated to work on self-development courses/items gets tough.

What I enjoy most is being a mentor to my peers. I am highly organized/detail oriented and thrive on our "process driven" work climate. – less
Good place to work, a lot of changes going on including the split into two separate companies
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: 75 year old company
Cons: constant lay offs
Good place to work, but constant lay offs always going on. A lot of great people to work with.
Great People but Poor Work Life Balance
Project Manager (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CaliforniaDecember 15, 2014
A lot of room to grow if you are willing to put in the work. HP is an international company so know you will be working international hours. Meaning 7 am and/or 8 PM calls.

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more