HP
3,026 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

good work environment , no benefits
Standalone pre-test and Repair technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2014
A fast pace environment, with multiple tasks. Teamwork was the main characteristic. Management was excellent. Only the benefits were a disappointment, because I worked under 2 year contract. We had an excellent team. The hardest part was meeting foireign standards for manufacturing, but we always excelled. I enjoyed working with multiple computers systems.
Good job finder site
Sr. Strategy and Delivery Leader (Current Employee), WorldwideNovember 20, 2014
Excellent resume builder that helps us to post and maintain resume and also get job alerts
Disappointed
IT Developer/Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: employees, benefits, facility, and work/life balance.
Cons: job security and management
I was hired on as new college graduate to work on back log projects. I thought it was a great opportunity and was so excited to work for HP! During the company changes, management assured me that I will have plenty of work and will not be affected by the work force reduction.

After a year and a half of hard work and dedication, I got laid off. I really – more... did see my future here but I guess they do not value their employees. – less
Like working with the coworkers
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2014
I liek this job because in case of an emmergency they can give you a chance to go
Poor middle-management
Field Tech Support Rep V (Former Employee), MichiganNovember 20, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: poor leadership
Middle-management is a mess - a lot of old school people who are no longer in touch with IT of the 21st century. They are quick to throw employees under the bus to save their own hides.

On the other end of the spectrum, my peers were fabulous to work with.
Great long standing company with lots of care for employees
Warehouse Worker, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: company car, travel expenses, corporate apartrment
Cons: no company team sports.
I have supported several divisions throughout my tenure with the company by providing services of shipping and receiving, inter-office memo distributions. I ordered office supplies and equipment as needed. I also supervised the company car pool service by making sure they were registered and properly maintained.

While employed with HP I was able to – more... learn the software (Smartbuy) needed to perform my duties, as well as the procedures required. The people and management were very supportive in allowing me time to learn all aspects of the business.

I really enjoyed my position. It gave me great satisfaction in helping the business flow and function. I was laid off do to the company restructure. – less
very good staff to work with.
Test and Repair Technician (Former Employee), Tomball, TXNovember 19, 2014
over all 4 stars. Very helpful co workers.sometimes stressful but not always.Normally a very easy environment except for the end of the quarter when quotas had to be matched.
People are friendly except for some. Overall a nice place to work.
Assist Engineers and technicians to trheir task. (Former Employee), San DiegoNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free coffee or tea anytime you want.
Cons: some old timers are acting like they are the general manager.
Working in this company is excellent . The atmosphere in the working place is relax people do not press its other to the point that you feel your being harassed/ Overall just do what task you are assigned and everything would be fine.
Great place to work...six years ago.
Program Manager III (Former Employee), Boise, IDNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great facilities...if you can find the time to use them.
Cons: complete instability.
I joined HP in 2005, under the CEO leadership of Mark Hurd. The focus then was upon excellence, and exceeding customer expectations. While technology was changing daily, and HP had a few wins and a few losses, there was a constant drive internally to be more than our competitors. It was the greatest work stress anyone could hope for, as all departments – more... were working equally hard to make things happen.
Over the past several years, however, the focus changed. Random (appearing) personnel cuts ate into our internal confidence, and it because a suspicious, cautious place of work. Even though the employees continued to push, it was quite frequent that a colleague and project team member was simply gone.
Inside, I still defend HP and their products, but I have not recommended HP as a place to work for several years. If the current strategy of removing long-term employees is to attract a younger workforce, as Meg Whitman has stated, it is failing. I do not know a single person in their twenties that wants to work at a company laying off tens of thousands of people every year. – less
not worth the pay
Pre-Test Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2014
Ride was to long and money was too short. Good benefits and the schedule was good
Challenging environment with pros and cons
Business Analyst III (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: life/ work balance can be challenging.
High pressure deadline driven workplace, Politics sometimes takes over the work but I have met great people and learned a great deal of my own strengths and weaknesses.
Time is slipping
Senior Storage Consultant Lead Technologist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2014
The HP business model is losing ground as the world around it changes. I have had the fortune of working for two vastly different Fortune 500 companies in my career (HP, AT&T). And I've seen this reocrd played before. Fortunately for AT&T their business model adapted to the consumer change from a reliance on long-distance landline phone service to cellular/mobility. – more... Thanks in no small part to the partnership they initally held with the iPhone. The question is what's next for HP? Laptop's and printers are losing their grip on consumer demand. And their businees model shows nothing coming forth on the horizon to keep the company afloat. Hence pay reductions and layoffs are hitting the company hard in a time when other companies around them are increasing their work staffs to meet increased demand. – less
Review of HP
Operator (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good work environment, managment always listened.
Cons: no healthcare benefits.
Good for entry level IT support
Technical Solutions Representative IV (Current Employee), Pontiac, MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: free food on occasion
Cons: no room to grow your it career if you have it experience
If you need your first IT job HP help desk is perfect for you
Decent Pay
No benefits
No room for advancement unless your very lucky
Great people
Great experience
Standard entry level Help Desk
productive and fun workplace
Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, job opportunities
Cons: short breaks, no bonuses, and no awards
Hp was a nice company, great co-workers, and has a lot to offer once you decide to do bigger thing's career wise.I had a great time there, just cant do the traveling anymore and ready to settle down in one work environment.
Forward thinking company
Cloud Enablement Specialist (Former Employee), Cupertino, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts on ink
Cons: lack of managment desire to allow customer engagments in the field
HP acquired Opsware Inc. which was the company I had originally worked for as a technical instructor. HP kept me as a senior delivery specialist which allowed me to travel the world. I later transitioned to a Cloud enablement specialist which gave me the change to learn and implement a cloud based solution for PaaS, Saas for some of the HP products. – more... I enjoyed working with tools that could be integrated and work together to give the customer a single solution. My co-workers were some of the brightest people I had been able to work with and I enjoyed collaborating with them to meet certain goals for projects and customer deliveries. Hardest part of the job was not being able to get field experience when requested to enhance my skillset. – less
Split of Company
Presales Project Manager (Former Employee), virtualNovember 16, 2014
Pros: great people and first line managers
Cons: board of directors, ceo(s) - the last 4
HP split into two companies, Hp Inc and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Hp Inc now only consists of commodity hardware and services which, in order to maintain profit margins, Senior Mgt has been and continues to outsource American jobs off shore to reduce costs while maintaining their own large salaried positions.
CS (Current Employee), washington dcNovember 16, 2014
HP has a good job work life balance. Supportive collaborative environment.
Great Company for Hard Working and Self Motivated Individuals
Technical Consultant III (HP) (Former Employee), Plano, TX, USANovember 16, 2014
Pros: challenging, very technical, constantly changing, global responsibilities, multibillion dollar hp accounts.
Cons: never met my manager or teammates in person
HP is a great company for hard working and self motivated individuals..... dynamic work environment, responsible for several multibillion dollar accounts...... position required in-depth knowledge of engineering. It was nice working from home because it allowed a minimum of 70 hours per week working without having to be concerned with commute time. – more... Able to work with a truly global team: India, Malaysia, Argentina, Hungary, Brazil, Mexico...... – less
No Job Security
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
To many layoffs, makes for an uneasy living. Non one is safe when it comes to job security.

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more