HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,627 reviews matching the search
Executive leadership doesn't care about employees
Project Manager/Team Lead/Migration Lead/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 29, 2017
From the top leadership does not care about employees based in the USA. They are constantly letting American workers go so they can utilize lower-cost employees in other countries.

Salaries are very low and pay increases are nearly non-existent. I have never received a raise and I don't really know anyone who has in recent years.

The health benefits were very good until this past year, when rates were almost doubled.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home on occasion.
Cons
To many to mention, no job security, low pay, no raises, etc.
Great Place To Be Employed
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
I currently support two V.Ps as well as four Directors and their whole teams. In all I support around 20 people. The environment is face paced and very educational. I am thankful for the experience and knowledge that I have received while I have been employed here.
Pros
One of the largest tech firms in the world
Cons
Contract
productive
Process Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMarch 28, 2017
worked from 10 to 6 am. night shift good to work in even though we had a boss it felt as if we had freedom to listen to music and in so doing we worked better in this shift. we produced more then the other shifts. The management was very cool and the atmosphere was professional and hip. i cant say there was a hard part of the job cause there wasn't it was always fun being able to work the machines and partners to keep production going.
Pros
night shift was fun, every friday one coworker would bring food coworkers of their area
Cons
temporary job
Fulfilling work with not much opportunity for career or compensation growth
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MiramarMarch 28, 2017
Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits. Limited opportunity for advancement. The employees are great to work with, and management is very accessible.
Pros
Opportunity to work from home.
Cons
Limited raises, promotions
Job
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
By far the worst job ever! I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. The managers are all about favoritism and if your a minority goodluck because they will layoff in a heartbeat.
Team excellent and environment also
Manual Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis USAMarch 27, 2017
Amazing experience in all aspects .My team was united and supportive.We had excellent productivity and no doubt about it I miss the most.I had wonderful job in my hands to grow my career.
Nothing Special
Sales Architect (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with the job but sometimes sales quotas can be a bit high. The call volume is a little high also and training materials can be some what missing which makes you learn on the fly.
Lost touch with customers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 27, 2017
You are responsible to work issues with minimal support from management which stand behind products and major issues. They have lost the focus of a company; customer satisfaction. There has been a year over year decline in employee moral.
Pros
Co-workers are very helpful
Cons
Work life balance non-existant.
Good Company
Relationship Account Manager, PSG Midmarket (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 26, 2017
HP is great to work for due to perks... benefits are great, along with the amenities depending on which location you are at. The downfall to working for such a large company was the continued realignments and reorgs of departments. Job security was never good.
Mature to decling business
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 26, 2017
Lots of ad hoc type work and good people to work with. Can be a grind with long days and sometimes weekends. Overall a good place with lots of challenging work.
Great company
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  MOUMarch 26, 2017
Solid company with some great innovation. There are a lot of very talented people working there and many of VITRIA solutions are outstanding.

Cons

I was part of the Sales organization and there were too many reorgs and changes. We would be held to deliverables with no acknowledgement of the disruption of the reorgs to meeting those deliverables. The sales plan wasn't very good.
assembley
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
assembly
line was different fast paced and steady. you have to stay focused in order to get the jib done and you are on your feet long periods of time in one spot
Good experience working for a matrix organization
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
I was lucky to get a good manager. I think your experience is dependent upon who you report to. Great cafeteria and good benefits.
Interns get to participate in fun programs like picnics, bbq, happy hours, etc.
Easy to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2017
The Job doesn't have VTO and PTO
The job is easy but the people are hard to work with. And some of the workers are considered lazy.
But overall I like the hours
Working Environment
Asset Retrieval Coordinator/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
I am busy from the time I begin work in the morning until I leave in the evening. I normally work through my lunch to ensure additional responsibilities are taken care of. The work place culture is very professional. The most difficult part of my job is retrieving the equipment from those who possess it. I enjoy my working with my co-workers most of us have been here for a least 5 years or more.
Good place to enter the workforce
Senior Production Planner, Apollo Computer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 20, 2017
Digital Equipment Corp has been absorbed over the years by other tech companies. Like any large company, entry level positions are a good way to enter the computer technology field.
Pros
Good entry level work
Cons
lots of internal competition
Busy
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAMarch 18, 2017
A lot of work, but also some down time, when we could talk, management was open to us blowing off steam by joking.

The work got very intense at the beginning of the month, and as usual there were some slackers, but for the most part the team worked well together.
Pros
Training, flexible hours, casual atmosphere, vacation
Cons
Pay, management did not offer support with irate callers, few perks.
HP is a decent place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 17, 2017
Overall, HP is a decent place to work.
Salary, bonus and benefits are on the lower end of competitive.
The company culture has some good aspects and bad. Personnel there are very smart, experienced and professional. However, I don't get a strong sense that people are very happy there.
Program & Project Management
New Business Team Implementation Lead (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 17, 2017
You must prioritize projects and ensure you meet deadlines. I have worked in many different industries. I Implemented new programs and updated old ones. I worked from home when possible. I love a challenge.
Pros
Ability to WFH.
Cons
I had to relocate several times.
Awesome Job
SAP Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2017
Coming out of high school this was a great opportunity. I learned about handling work hours and production. I supervised and also obtained many certifications. Awesome experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.