HP Employee Reviews

A great place to learn about management
Senior Software R&D Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 16, 2017
HP's culture and management style is what attracted me to this company. They have a formal training program for their managers so they can be successful in leading teams
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Not enough R&D focus
Left over poor management and low pay
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
When changing careers within the company, there is a cap of 20% on your pay increase. I moved to a job that should have been double what I had been making. I unwisely chose to make the move for a pay that was 40% below what it should have been.
Pros
Very strong company with a great culture and awesome benefits
Cons
Advancement is limited on pay grade moves
HP was a great place to work
Strategic Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
HP was a great place to work but the threat of layoffs was always looming in employees minds.

I worked with a great group of people and had some awesome managers. The last manager I had was by far one of the best I ever had. He truly cared for his employees and you could tell that by his actions.
Pros
Excellent benefits and competitive salaries
Cons
Constant waves of layoffs
Nice culture, but hard to advance .
Financial Mgr for Public Sector and Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with external customers and selling as part of a collaborative team. Learning about the IT industry and its ever increasing changes over time was quite invigorating.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
pay
New business opportunity
Business Planning Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 13, 2017
I worked at HP during a time when HP was entering the IT consulting business intending to compete with the big consulting firms. HP ultimately decided to change its approach and business model.
Terrible Management Experience
Account Executive III (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, KSOctober 12, 2017
In my 14 years in HPs Outsourcing arm I had 17 different managers. There was no way to build a true development plan because the new manager Would have a different focus. My last manager lacked leadership skills and set unrealistic goals making it impossible to meet.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Terrible work-life balance, Way to much leadership turnover
HP is a big company.
Senior Windows Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2017
Stressful environment, too much work and little appreciation, not enough support from co-workers, hard to find help or motivation.
good place to learn all about hardware.
Given a very nice package when leaving.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 12, 2017
I like working for a Fortune 500 company. This was a division, formerly EDS and as a result was easily sold off, due to work force reduction. The computer system was outdated, depended too much on EXCEL spreadsheets instead of DELTEK, COST POINT etc
Benefits
Cons
work force reduction
It is an okay place to work.
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 12, 2017
I like what I do, but not the turnaround of employees in my department. The pay and benefits are very good. Fair amount of holiday time and personal time.
Highly Stressful
U.S. Transaction Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 12, 2017
HP believes in off shoring all U.S. technical jobs. Drastically Reduced employee benefits. No raises unless super performer.
Unfulfilled performance based compensation promises constantly.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Highly stressful
Tumultuous during leadership changes
Marketing Manager III (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 11, 2017
I was part of the major layoff of remote/telecommuter employees. It was stressful leading up to it. I'm sure the experience would be different now in a more streamlined organization.
Pros
Incredibly smart people to work with
Cons
Very hard to navigate around the org at that time.
too many reorgs
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 11, 2017
Love my coworkers and the my direct management, but we suffer from FREQUENT reorgs and strategy changes, which prevents forward progress. That's a bummer, and exhausting.
n/a
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 11, 2017
Sought new sales opportunities for the company, supported the information technology department with all technical conflicts and inquires, and coordinated with multi HP Field Representatives across the Greater Los Angeles area, New Mexico, and Arizona to unveil innovative business branding and opportunities.
Very fast pace, the comradeie was awesome. Team work are bar none.
Material Handler/Assembler/Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Ford Island, HIOctober 10, 2017
Typical day starts from 0630 thru 1500, the work load is a fast pace.
The team members pull together to get he job done quickly and in safe manners with guidance of the supervisors and managers, normally they would leave us alone to performed our daily duties. The most difficult aspect of the jobs was coordinating with costumers because working with civilian workers they tend to show up a little bit late to work and that would put a kink on our delivery schedules.
The most enjoyable moment at work is that all team members pull together as one to get the task completed on time.
Pros
flexible schedule and cohesive bonding
fun workplace
Order Picker/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 10, 2017
good work environment lots of overtime and crunch schedule.warehouse had no ac so it got hot during certain season.it was crowded at times do to pore work space.
Pros
close to house
Cons
one break short lunch
Rewarding manufacturing job
Operations Associate I (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 10, 2017
Rewarding manufacturing job . Hours were good and flexible if needed. Work was fast paced at times but was rewarding.
Workplace culture was pretty relaxed at times
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful at times
Productive competitive job
Subject Matter Expert/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2017
In a fast paced work place with constant changes made by the client it could be challenging at times. Helping the insured and providers understand the insurance and claims process made my job worth doing. Teaching new hires the job and see them succeed was even better. The hardest thing about the job was telling the insured or provider that their claim was not getting paid due to policy and procedures set forth by the client.

Each month management came up with ideas to show their appreciation of the hard work by the rest of the staff.
Worst place to work, ever!
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2017
I uses to like HP, the first time i worked there, it wasnt to bad, decent pay, good hours, no advancement, but the job culture was ok. Now, its trash, complete trash, they pay you well below what they should be, no chances for advancement, no benefits, at all. Do Not go work for them, unless you have no other options!
Pros
Cons
the list is too long to place here. :(
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  USOctober 8, 2017
HP is a great company to work for locally. However it's unfortunate senior leaders sitting in their ivory towers are so removed from the good work being done at the grass roots level. It feels all they care about is $$$'s. They seem to forget that without the hard work and commitment of their employees worldwide they wouldn't be a successful company making $$$'s! When it comes to reward / recognition the imbalance of distribution is a joke - especially for lower levels of management and individual contributors. For a company that makes millions to offer employees at best a 2% bonus is an insult. I'm sure the Executive level employees wouldn't be offered the same!
HP Good Place to Work
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  VariousOctober 7, 2017
HP is a good company to work for in many ways. Most the people are great but certainly some bad ones as well. Many different opportunities available. I've stayed many years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.