HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,455 reviews matching the search
Open, flexible work environment, technology driven
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 9, 2016
A lot has changed in the years I have worked at hp. In the beginning hp was known for the best work environment in the industry. They went out of their way to hire the best of the best. If you were lucky to get hired you joined a corporate family that looked out for their own. It was like getting married. Great benefits, excellent resources and continuing education. Unfortunately since Bill and Dave's passing the company has become an aggressive overseas employer leading to reduced benefits, compensation and an atmosphere that continually has the shadow of layoff's hovering over head. Most of their workforce is now contractual with poor compensation, no benefits and frequent layoffs. A rather poor legacy to a once wonderful company.
Pros
Great facilities, flexible work hours
Cons
uncertainty in the workplace, low job security
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Training & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 17, 2016
I have worked for HP / Hewlett Packard Enterprise for 27 years. HP/HPE have fantastic work cultures with world class practices around diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, ethics, and career advancement. Work is engaging and challenging. Employees are rewarded for exemplary performance. HP/HPE foster highly engaging work environments that foster teaming and productivity.
Pros
Culture, benefits, compensation, work-life balance
Cons
The company is changing and becoming more volatile based on competitive demands.
Excellent collaboration and opportunities for innovation
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Working at HPE has been a great ongoing experience. I have learned a lot about solutions architecture as well as had opportunities to be part of efforts across the company to innovate in various areas, and I feel that management is generally there to enable us rather than hold us back. The hardest part of the job is working with a distributed workforce, but this has led to its own benefits as well.
Pros
Work-life balance
Something new every week--wether games or pizza; and the customers always had a new story to tell as to why something was or wasn't done.
Escalations Supervisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 1, 2016
work with advancement but never a pay raise; worked as a family where everyone was able to help each other; hardest part of job when someone expected to get a complete refund for shipments that they received 1-2 years ago; most enjoyable when able to help someone when the computer messed up and to make them extra happy!
Pros
being able to take time off and to make a difference in people's lives
Cons
no raises
Great pay horrible CE
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 30, 2016
Awesome job. Great pay, very fun people to work with.

I was an inside account rep, worked closely with our partners in helping our clients solve their technical needs.

Terrible CEO. Would fly in and promise there is nothing going on and then lay off 20 people for no reason the next day. Seen it happen many times until it happened to me right before Christmas when i was the TOP ISR in the west coast. Denied me my bonuses and my vacation I won.
Pros
Great pay/ benefits
Cons
Very poor management/ CEO
mirco mangement
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Heavy workload, no training, the way most learn system or policy is error's recieved. Management is all friends. No promotion within this office, no pay raise and lots and lots and lots of overtime. Even though this is a technology company they are very far behind the times in this office. Still have paper EVERYWHERE.
Pros
Great paid time off
Cons
no pay increase, lots of overtime and no promotions
Challenging corporate environment with good management
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I learned a lot of new skills at HP around Release Management, and the onsite/offshore development model. Good flexibility of onsite and remote working. Change happens slowly due to the large corporate culture.
Pros
Good work life balance, telecommute two days per week
Cons
Salary not very competitive
Hewlett Packard Company IT - Something for everyone
Vendor Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
HP Inc has something for everyone. At the point of me writing this review I've been with the company for 10 years. I love everything I've learned and the relationships I've built.

Bottom line is that HP is a great place to work.

With that said.. my review is based on the companies current state. We split from HP Enterprise last year and these have been very challenging times given market changes, the changing of work force needs and overall strategy change. I personally have worked a lot for the last year & I gained the benefits of learning more and gaining that recognition. On the flip side my work life balance has suffered for me but I like to think it was my choice.

WFRs have also happened and that's something I believe more related to the industry changes.

I love this company.. current state gets 3 and 1/2 stars from me.
Pros
Fair compensation, Tremendous opportunities for growth, Always room for advancement within the company, Flexible work life balance, Workplace diversity
Cons
Self imposed long hours, Company will not go above and beyond to identify you as a candidate for a promotion
Lots of room for advancement
Automation & Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 5, 2017
- Standard desk job using MS Office & proprietary software
- Management is very flexible
- Co-workers are generally friendly
- The hardest part of the job is sitting for extended periods of time
- The office is set up in 4-6 person pods and not secluded to individual cubicles
Pros
Great benefits, occasionally can work remotely
Cons
Like any large company, gossip can be an issue
Descent place to work
Customer Service Engineer 3 (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEDecember 15, 2016
I worked for HP for 7 years and worked for Digital Equipment Corp for 15 years, 10 years prior. I was given credit for my 15 years with DEC and offered an early retirement severance in August 2012. It was well worth the 7 years that I worked there. I worked with a lot of good hard working caring people.
Pros
great training, great people
Cons
No raises and constant layoffs
great company for non while males
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Executive council actively working to reduce overhead (read salaries). Moving jobs off-source as much as possible, braining in foreign (Indian, Latin America) workers on temporary work visas, and WFR of older workers (high salary, high medication costs)
Pros
very liberal HR -- looking to hire lots of non while males
Cons
very liberal HR -- looking to hire lots of non while males
HP was awesome... Divorce from Hewlett Packard hurt...
Sales Manager, Printing and Personal Systems Group (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 27, 2016
What a great company Hewlett and Packard created. The HP Way. The essence that the employees' brainpower was the company's most important resource. This once magnificent company is a shell of it's former self through 236+ acquisitions and over 50 spinoffs. The people were the most intelligent, focused, hysterical team players I've ever had the privilege of working with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Horrific compensation system. Never got paid the correct comp.
Remote Support
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
Assisted Bank of America help desk and engineering team with backlog ticket and support issues.
We as a group saved the bank millions of dollars in support by preventing the need for technicians to be assigned to go out in person to the site.
Pros
worked from Home and office liked the freedom
Cons
No raises given in three years to most of the team.
Productive environment to successfully grow
Bilingual Technical solution representative (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 6, 2016
As part of the Google structure, Infinity contact offered nice an quiet environment which all the employees to learn the basis of account management and learn more about new career opportunities
Pros
free lunch, good salary structure and benefit
Cons
Parking spot issues
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore INDJanuary 3, 2017
vibrant, fast paced culture
- smart, fun, aggressive colleagues
- management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them
- by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology
- good benefits and perks
Sales Representive
Support Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 8, 2016
Successfully maintain online sales reports and involved in weekly team meetings.
Commute to different retail locations in the Southern New Hampshire region.
Trained & certified in function, features and benefits of Hewlett-Packard retail products.
Assist customers in making informed choices about features & functions of Hewlett-Packard retail products.
Good company poor middle management
Windows /Exchange Admin (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 16, 2017
Company has great perks and benefits but the constant reorganization and management policy changes are a bit much. Management is non existent for the works and seem to promote themselves instead of their employees
Pros
Great benefits and decent pay
Cons
Poot leadership
Productive and fun place to work
Firmware Engineer V, Industry Standard Servers (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2016
HP had a nice work environment. Everybody was very similar in attitude and aptitude. We would all work very well together on our team at least. We had a gym on campus where we worked out together. A few cafeterias to choose from for lunch, lots of nice restaurants and entertainment nearby etc.
Pros
Good pay. Good benefits
Cons
Immigration lawyers suck!
Productive and a learning experience
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Metro CenterJune 14, 2016
My position here is very fast paced. There is no margin for error. I love it! I have learned so much while I was here and I have organized and taught a few things as well. The manager of this department is so fantastic. He gives me room to grow and do what I need to do. My co-workers and the hardest part of my job are together. This department has felt some growing pains. We had some problems who have since been removed and it made what was left of the department come together in a way it wouldn't have otherwise. I could not pick a more enjoyable part of my job. There are so many from the job task, to learning new things and the fast pace of it.
Pros
I enjoy what I do, I love the people I work for and with, I do not hate to come to work, I love the challenges every day.
Cons
Hiring process takes to long. Pay and benefits are very lacking.
Great Team & Productivity
Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2016
There is no typical work day, I work at the site's IT Walk Up Help desk that services over 1500 end users, but for the most part their issues are quickly resolved and at the end of each day we're successful at keeping our clients happy and satisfied.

Management is the best, my boss is one of the best I've worked for and I have worked for some unapproachable individuals.

My co-workers couldn't be any better and we are of all different nationalities and cultures but only see one goal equally for succeeding in our work and in our family lives.

Hardest part of the job is getting here safely! Houston drivers can be complete idiots!

To conclude this I enjoy all parts of my job, there is always something different to go with the routine stuff.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No benefits and increibly extreme low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.