HP
3,553 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Nice work environment
Kitting Helper (Former Employee), Aguadilla,P.R.March 26, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break every 2 hours.
Cons: 15 minute break was mandatory.
Software inspection, kitting and packaging were some of the skills I learned. Good work environment. Great relationships with my co-workers. We still communicate to know about each other. They became part of my extended family.
An efficient team where we produce detailed network designs in a reliable, streamlined fashion
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Responsible for the design and documentation of global enterprise network infrastructure projects including: LAN, WLAN, physical & data security, HD video conferencing, data center technologies, and more

HP routers/switches, Cisco routers/switches, WLAN heat maps, Polycom video conferencing, CheckPoint firewalls, Tipping Point IPS
Complexity and Challenge Awaits...
Global Sales (Current Employee), MidwestMarch 25, 2015
HP is an enormous place full of complexity, growth, and change. Provided ample opportunity for career growth, skills and knowledge improvement, and change. Global space is all of the above, amplified!
technically challenging
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Remote Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
stimulating work, flexibility, opportunity to try new tools technologies, great professional teams to work with. Various client interactions.
Consistent place to work.
Field Service Engineer III, Site Leader (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, automobile
Cons: Very busy
Hewlett-Packard company provides a consistent place to work. The job changes everyday, with plenty of travel. The company provides the automobile.
not the place to be
Pre-Tester (Former Employee), houston txMarch 24, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
this job is too far out and the pay is not worth it all you are making is gas money. i wouldnt refer anyone to this place short breaks and lunches
Great people, tactically oriented leadership
VP, Chief Tech Application Business Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
HP has some of the most highly skilled and dedicated people in the world. They are innovative and take on big problems. Unfortunately, most of the leadership is held accountable to numbers that are barely in their control and therefore odd decisions take place that may not be in the long term interest of the affected parties.
Not a clear view how to manage external support contracts
ITO Service Delivery Consultant (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: No clear sense of who was running the show.
HP is a great company as we all know, but in my case as a representative of HP providing support for an external organization it was not the best experience for me.
Hewlett Packard is no longer a leader and hasn't been for a long time. They are againt the the United States
Financial Systems Reengineering Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs CoMarch 23, 2015
Cons: the excutives that are running a once great company into the ground.
The United States citizens should stop supporting HP products and services. Typical day is like going to a Morgue. Management are clueless and have no direction. Coworker that are left are good people to work with. Training my replacements before being terminated. I enjoyed everything about my job.
Uncertain Future
BA (Former Employee), TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, vaction
Cons: no job security
The future of HP is unpredictable at this point if you are looking for a stable company look elsewhere. The co-workers are great. The management I have had are not good people managers. Just because they are good at IT does not mean they are good managers.
Looking forward
Software Developer (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 23, 2015
I was a software developer at Hewlett Packard, I created an in house application that was reported in the Wall Street journal. A division was created around my application to help support and report the data that it provided.
Excellent place to work. Built a great career and was able to further education.
US Account Manager (Former Employee), Andover, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: people whom i worked with and customers i met.
Cons: bureaucracy within company and tools to do job.
As an Account Manger the typical day included a monitoring customer order feeds, responding to customer inquiries, reporting on manufacturing activities, reconciling invoices, daily interactions with customers, problem solving, working with Manufacturing Operations personnel, building relationships, and team meetings. I learned how to be part of a team and to manage a team and had the privilege of working with some of the hardest working people in the industry. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job. Developing new business relationships with new clients.
Terrible Company to Temp For
Customer Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: you got to put hp on your resume
Cons: as a temp, you are a second class citizen.
Worked as a temp in customer service. They have an excellent one week training program for customer service reps before they go out on the floor.

However, temp employees work far harder than the regular employees. And the regular employees treat the temps like garbage.

Management will fire a temp for the slightest error. And the regular employees, (very lazy), had complete job security.
Good compensation package, currently going through a transition
Finance Manager II/Controller (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2015
HP has been a very fair and reasonable company. Currently they are splitting into two companies and the transition once completed will make it a better company.
Fun place to work
Techno Functional Consultant for Solution Manager (Former Employee), PhilippinesMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexible time
Cons: compensation
Doing configurations
SAP Solution Manager, Project Management
Transparency with Managers
Responsible
Troubleshooting and analyzing
Fixing an issue
Culture and colleagues
Productive for the most part. Company not fun to work for.
Administrative Clerk 1 (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIMarch 19, 2015
Pros: potluck lunches on occasion
Cons: salary.
Working among co-workers was enjoyable. Everything else wasn't
a good experience.I processed documents and the documents would get scanned. QC would then be performed. I enjoyed working alongside my co-workers immensely.
Productive and stable environment
Technical solutions rep (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: 3rd shift
Typical day was constant calls in queue. I learned how to multi-task lead, and work closely with co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was encountering challenging situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was being re-warded for my accomplishments.
Meet people all around the world.
Software Program Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
Go over issues with vendors and our offshore team. Make sure our products get delivered with minimal to no issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my products being used by millions of people around the world.
short term, quarterly growth numbers are all that matters
Project Manager (Current Employee), SoutheastMarch 19, 2015
Pros: not sure there are many at the moment
Cons: non-competitive salary and too much upper mgmt
instead of maximizing service revenues, cutting cost despite long term impact to clients. Whereas there will likely be a boost to the overall stock value, the ability to serve the real needs of the company and the talent by which to sustain market share, will be greatly diminished.
big company but bad place to work ..
Logistics / IT Operations Support Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 19, 2015
big company but bad place to work if you are a contractor you are treated like second -class citizen.the regular get all the first class .

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more

HP Salaries