HP
2,897 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

A great work culture and place to work for
Senior Software Developer/ Team Lead (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: cool, liad back place to work on leading technolgies and settle down
Cons: not much growth
McKesson technologies is a great company. I was in Louisville, CO and it was so much fun working with emploees there. The company a laid back open culture and ideas were welcome and thought over. Developed greated applications for Hospitals.
Hewlett Packard was a great place to work. I had 34 years working with great engineers and technicians.
Engineering Specialist/Consultant (Former Employee), Corvallis, OregonOctober 22, 2014
Pros: was a great place to work when we invented things and practiced the h.p. way
Cons: employment days are numbered for all full time employees. no one is safe.
Hewlett Packard was a great place for the last 25 years. Too many layoffs the last 7 years. I was laid off 6-18-2014. There will be 37,000 more employees laid off this year and by the end of 2015. Many will come back as temporary sub-contractors usually with out benefits.
HP is a great company to work for.
National Situation Management Team (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 22, 2014
HP was a great company to work for. Team work was very important in the position I was in. I worked with a fantastic team of people that helped each other on a daily basis. When I found myself in need of assistance there was always someone there to jump in and help. That door went both ways.
FBHP
IT Audit Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
Great people, great place to work. Audit exposes individual to the entire company and all levels.
Insecure environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
Cons: pay and no advancement
Typical day at work is doing whatever the customer asks.
My co-workers were very nice.
The hardest part of the job is remembering you don't work for the customer but you work for BP.
Good Company to work for but too many internal barriers
Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee), HoustonOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many processes
Many of the tools for effectively managing people are in place and benefits are good. Internal issues keep the company from being a great place to work.
Typical corporate company.
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 22, 2014
The first line management was great , but like most US corporation's they are only interested in the bottom line for the quarter.
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Lead Product Engineer (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 21, 2014
At HP, your work is matter. Everyone works well together to design, develop, and produce great product.
Had to work too many hours without compensation
End-Of-Year 2004 processing Project Lead (Former Employee), Tomball, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers were great people to work with.
Cons: too many hours worked due to under-staffing - they needed 12 p/a's - they only had 2.
The work environment was very nice. So were the co-workers, but the person in charge kept changing the project specifications and still expected the deadlines to be met.
NO competitive salary
Field Technical Support Rep. II (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 21, 2014
No raises and unexpected lay-offs; too many management changes over short time frame.
Great people not so great management.
Manufacturing Line Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: always changing supervisors
Over all I loved working for HP. I learned so much from the people I interacted on a daily basis.
Stay far away!
Partner Account Manager (Former Employee), CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great products to sell
Cons: no raises, strange commission plan
I left a competitor to go to HP. What a mistake. No raises, many WFRs (Work Force Reductions). I loved the job, but HP's culture has gone completely down hill.
Great learning and growing experience
Pre-Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: work remotely
Cons: jobs are going overseas.
During my time with EDS/HP, I had great opportunity to learn about proposals - editing, writing, researching, and production. I am very thankful for that. The team I worked with there was incredible and I still consider them friends.
Busy work place.
WIP Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: often a lot of overtime.
Cons: slim to no chance of advancement within the company.
Typical day you are working on an assembly line and have set daily goals to meet. The hardest part of the job was being over worked because of being short staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow co-workers on my assembly line; we worked together as a family.
Being a Trusted advisor in my accounts allows me to help drive success and adoption within my customer accounts.
Premier Services Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: trusted advisor
As a customer trusted advisor, I am focused on making sure that I understand my customer requirements and validate that they are leveraging the products and achieving success. Also, I will maintain contact with customers to serve as a point of contact for technical and business escalations. Finally, I will engage with different groups within the organization – more... from sales, services, product management, and support to make sure customer is getting what they need. – less
Great Company
Human Resources (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: creative freedom
Cons: commute
Worked my way from a line position to a senior role. Worked for a wonderful boss and the people were amazing.
Excellent job
Sub-Lead (Former Employee), Bentonville AR, 72712October 17, 2014
Work was consistent, people were great. good quality workers.
A Large IT Company
Customer Project/Program Manager (Current Employee), Kokomo, INOctober 16, 2014
A great company to work for. Great benefits. Could use some improvement in care of individual contributors.
productive and hectic
contractor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2014
mail room production and miscellanies jobs assigned by the supervisor
I don't recommend working at HP
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: some of the people are cool to work with
Cons: not allowed to talk to those people because of unnecessary micromanagement, terrible benefits, difficulty getting time off, not recognized for outstanding work
The Madison office is pretty terrible. The benefits barely pass as acceptable and getting time off in certain positions is nearly impossible. If you are looking to move up in the company or even sideways expect to wait a very long time. Even when accepted for a new position they won't let you move for at minimum of 6 months up to a year.
Certain management – more... only care about numbers and will intentionally ignore a request for a one on one meeting just so numbers are met(which never seems to happen).
They are constantly letting people go and making people take on more responsibility than they can handle on a daily basis. Making sure someone is busy during the day is good and I agree with making sure there is plenty of work but when you are told you have to not only do your work but the work of others who were just let go because of workforce reduction, things can get a little hard to handle. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more