HP Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,300 reviews matching the search
Supportive Team
Logistics Manager/ Productions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2016
I am enjoying my time here at HP, but I am not sure there is room for advancement. I have learned a lot and the team is willing to teach new things, which is very important
Great company to work for until the last few years
Financial Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 25, 2016
I worked for HP for over 30 years and found those I worked with were great professionals. However the trend is now to move positions offshore. Environment is a bit stressed now awaiting future layoffs.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Moving positions offshore
Good company, but improvements are needed
Security and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
Benefits were good, but compensation needs improvement. Management was, at times, in disarray. We went through several CEO's while I was there and changes seem to occur each week. Not a sable place to work.
Pros
Goo culture
Cons
Sr level management was not solid
A Sinking Ship
Services Developer/Applications Mgmt Services (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 23, 2016
Constant internal restructuring.
Multiple lay-offs affect morale

When starting - they allowed people to work from home but changed that policy, wanting people to come into the office. Yet - your neighbor doesnt work on the same account as you - so its hard to "collaborate".
Purchased by HP
Technical Lead - IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 23, 2016
Gave me many opportunities for growth and learning. Held various types of positions on different accounts. I was one of the last to go through the Information Analyst Development program.
fun place to work, enjoyed being there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise IDAugust 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. It was nice to be around people who had experience that could help me out. It was a good working environment, very relaxed.
Pros
free products
Great Work/Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Great Teamwork within company.
Learned more about computers and programming with this company.
Enjoyed learning about the company and working with different customers throughout the U.S.
Too much CEO turmoil
Lab Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
The company has been off track for a long time and every CEO has no clue how to do anything other than make cutbacks, layoffs and outsource intellectual property.
Relaxed environment with lots of potlucks.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 18, 2016
They have healthy competitions between teams. Potlucks were often and fun. Celebrations every month for birthdays and "fun days" including family.
Warehouse Environment
Team lead/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
training was horrible
bad leadership
however it gave me rdt experience and got me back working
i kept to myself and did my job to the best of my ability
Pros
payed lunch
Cons
training is horrible
Great company
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 16, 2016
I have been aware of your company reputation for some time. And I appreciate that your team’s success is due to number of factors, not least of which is hard work. This company really treats well to their employees, which is amazing.
I have been lucky to be worked with this team.
Pros
Awsome
Cons
I don't find out any thing
productive
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
great coworkers easy to perform job duties great supervisors flexible hours very understanding to school hours and daycare entry level position available
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
Productive and easy to learn work place.
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
You go into work, but because of it's diverse culture, you feel the time passing by fast. They offer incentives for good/hard work like free lunches, gift card, and HP points (which can be used to purchase every brand merchandise on HP's store website).
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Management changes within your branch and above your rank every year or so
I enjoy the responsibility to work remotely
SharePoint Support TIERII (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 15, 2016
Supporting clients with issues and resolving problems with the clients is rewarding daily. I meet new clients regularly and enjoy the challenge. It is a daily routine with the team to work like a well oiled machine by sharing and resolving issues and supporting each other. It can be also a challenge at the end of the day when a issue has not been completed and to inform the client of such and to be able to satisfy client with a time frame of completion. In the morning starting new and waiting for the next challenge to come my way and to see how I will resolve this one.
Pros
Working from home is nice
Cons
driving in traffic but I get up early
Is a great place to work
Lead Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 14, 2016
Our jobs will be outsourced to India. Looking for employment immediately. Wish we could keep our full time permanent here in the US at HP without being outsourced to India.
It was a bad time
Sr. Manager of Worldwide Strategic Alliances (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 14, 2016
I was there at the worst of times so it could only get better. However, when I was recruited they told me that there was no stock the first year, that you were in a calibration year and then they would determine how much you would get. I will not fall for that again.
Pros
Not having to kill yourself
Cons
Management team constant changeover, tough just getting things done
Flexible
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 14, 2016
HP provided a flexible work environment with great co-workers. Many of my customers have become good friends and I enjoyed working with them on their tickets and projects.
Great company and place to work
Server Thermal Mechanical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2016
From the start of the day it was constantly a learning experience. We were always given obstacles to overcome for customer requirements and issues and the tools and knowledge to complete them.

The management was always on board and pushing us harder to help us get to our maximum potential. Co-workers were always helping in scenarios that needed one or more people and we always learned from each other.

Overall my experience working for HPE was one of the best experiences in my life, I learned a lot from everyone there and from the tools and software provided to me.
Great people!
Software Engineer, Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2016
Great, relaxed atmosphere, no one constantly over your shoulder. Relaxed dress code and as long as you deliver, you won't be pressured too much at all.
Great place to work prior to the mergers
Reporting & Analysis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 12, 2016
HP was a great place to work as they encouraged innovation, taking risks and team work. While these factors played an early part of the success of the company and its employees, since the recent mergers with Compaq, EDS and Autonomy, the direction of the company seemed only bright for the high level executives. HP seemed top have lost its way going forward in a diverse constantly changing environment.
The stock price history is a reflection of where HP was and where it is today and there are more questions than answers.
Pros
Its pro college graduates today which is good for the new markets
Cons
Work-Life Balance dring the merger days were non-existent