HP
2,431 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

A good company with good ethics
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 10, 2014
HP gave a good start for my career. A place where I learnt about work cultures.
Extra compulsary hours
Quality inspection for best quality control (Former Employee), TexasJuly 10, 2014
working at HP was great experience to work with. Sometimes its very
busy with work. Once working extra became a routine, one time they asked employees to work compulsory on weekends with full support. That was the only time had difficult as everyone of employees was tired with loads of work.
Long Hours
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Dallas TexasJuly 10, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be a long day with lots of breaks and a long lunch and put in 14 hours day sometimes longer. like the over time and time and half.
Great Employer!!
Business Analyst III (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
Great Company to work with!!

Great Learning Opportunities.

Very Capable co-workers.
Good working environment
SENIOR MANAGER eCommerce (Current Employee), AustinJuly 8, 2014
Enjoying the complete transformation of the B2B commerce site!
Exciting and fun
cabling technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
A typical day would be who could out shine everyone else for a good recommendation. I learned how to cable a data center cabinet. The management was great. the co-workers were smart, had energy and was willing to work and get dirty. I would not say any part of the job was hard we just had to work together to make things more simple. I would say the – more... most enjoyable part of the day would be the knowledge that was shared during the labeling and organizing. – less
Great Place to Learn how large corporations function, frustrating at times, but a good learning ground for top management roles
Program Manager - Research and Development (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great environment, excellent management skills learning opportunities.
Cons: decisions do get delayed, too many constituents trying to deliver the same pie.
I worked at HP for about eight years and help build an engineering team for an acquired product. The management was very cooperative and allowed line managers to take key decisions. Yes with a very matrix and hierarchical reporting structure, crucial decisions got delayed. It offered me a tremendous insight into how large American corporations function. – more... Now i am very confident of getting stuff done in large corporations. HP helps you build excellent relationships both within and outside, this is probably the key takeaway working at HP. A stint at HP will surely help you do very well in senior management roles where ever you work later. Excellent people to work with and a tremendous camaraderie amongst the team workers across the globe to always keep you going. – less
HP has a very relaxed work environment
NOC Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: excellent cafeteria
Cons: assignment duration
HP is an awesome workplace where anyone will love working. The management that I have worked under was very helpful and accommodating. The initial training on the job was brief but yet comprehensive enough to perform the assigned job effectively as well as successfully to the satisfaction of the HP management.

I have learned a lot about Cisco Switches – more... and VOIP (SIP) while working in HP.

Most of the co-workers that I have worked with has become my good friends. We were all mutually helpful to one another. – less
N/A
Navy Marine Corps Intranet NMCI/NGEN Queue Manager (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 7, 2014
Navy Marine Corps Intranet NMCI/NGEN Queue Manager, responsible for the managing and the distribution of service tickets to NMCI technicians for the trouble shooting and repair of government issued computers, printers and their peripherals.

Implementation project coordinator for Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) IT equipment. Execution of local and – more... network printer repairs and installations on NMCI network. Provide IT support to PAX River Naval Air Station and conduct both hardware and software repairs on computers. Perform Help Desk site surveys for Service Level Agreement (SLA) printing capabilities. Extremely proficient with Remedy User database,HP Service Manager, Active Directory, Guardian Edge, Adobe and Element. Also proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. – less
HP - A great place to work but a low salary
Financial Associate in HP (Former Employee), HPJuly 7, 2014
Pros: work life balance, cool place, very open and free atmosphere
Cons: salary
HP is truly an amazing place to work especially for freshers. Very cool place with a great working environment. Sad part is salary package is quite less. Not a decent salary package. A great place to learn different things and best part is the work life balance.
Bureaucratic, somewhat productive
Information Services Developer (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 7, 2014
Pros: lower management tries their best to make the job experience as good as it can be.
Cons: no pay increases, red tape, feel like a worker bee. not much recognition.
HP is an alright place to work. One downside is the company has had to layoff people numerous times. That does not make for a feeling of stability. Also, there is also alot of red tape to get things done or approved. Also, one division, ES, is still treated not as well as that divisions that are HP employees. The entire ES division has not received – more... raises since 2012. While HP, non ES, employees have gotten salary increases. – less
Great place to be
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 6, 2014
I love working here. It's a bit far from where I live but the people that work in the building are awesome. The higher ups are nice and make you feel like their in your corner. The benefits are good. The building itself is the best I ever worked in, brand new and spacious, very clean.
Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
Second Level Support (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 6, 2014

Didn't find such yet

Colleagues
fun enviorment
IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 5, 2014
Pros: fun environment, fun co-workers
Cons: n/a
While working at HP it was a fun environment with a lot of fun stuff. It was a very secure place, and needed to make sure you always had what was required at all times.
This was a good place to work
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2014
I liked the environment and the willingness of the supervisors to teach there employee new things. I moved on because it was a temp job.
Great people to work with, and excellent culture.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: friendly culture
Cons: frozen py and lots of layoffs
Top executives in the past have destroyed many of the great aspects of the old HP; however, the culture of sharing and ability to interact with others is outstanding.
It was very interesting and learned a lot like HANA Administration and Security
SAP Basis & Security Administrator & Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 3, 2014
As a PLANNER initially I had issues with coordinating all the teams/users from different Time zones for any Implementations/upgrades
I have learned most from HANA and Security because my main work was on all HANA
fun enviroment very professional
Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: professional workplace
Cons: contract wants long term position
Ensuring the necessary controls and procedures are set in place to cost-effectively to

protect HP systems assets from viruses and destruction

• Regularly review audit logs and provide reports from HP security network

• Participate in duty rotation for access and control process

• Document internal security procedures

• Worked in conjunction with – more... Information Security team to ensure compliance by

monitoring the system changes

• Maintain current knowledge of security regulations and HP technology – less
Distinguished Technologist (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 2, 2014
I spent more than 20 years working for HP and greatly enjoyed working with the team in Fort Collins. The organization was consistently well managed and the team friendly to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more