HP Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,173 reviews matching the search
Uncertain future, wavering leaders
Big Data Value Creation Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 23, 2016
The days of ink and printing are behind us. HP Inc's future rests primarily with 3D (where most of the funding is going) and Graphics. Ink is, for all intent and purposes, dying.

Let me say this first: I love working at HP. People are smart, extremely hardworking and helpful. The issue is that the company used to think that the market would come to any product they built. Turning that around is proving a challenge.
Work is fun
Quality Program Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA 95014May 22, 2016
I love the fact of learning new things with the most updated technologies. No experiences, no problems. They trained and got up the speed. Such a cool place to work for the technology.
Fun Workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 22, 2016
Organized.Learned more than expected.Management always in alert. Teamwork always a plus. Team members always on the look.
Pros
Good team workers.
Cons
No benefits
Austin Site Coordinator - Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2016
One of my best jobs.....to bad they decided to close down the public cloud. I would still be there if it wasn't for that. I loved working there and I honestly wished I was still there.
Everyday A New Adventure
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 18, 2016
During my time with HP I learned to always expect the unexpected. A typical day included, assisting customers with system issues, setting up new systems, and adding devices to the network. These were just a few of the skills learned while at HP. Management always encouraged us to be confident and precise with our work. I firmly embraced that concept and also included what I refer to as the 3 P's. Patient, Prompt, and Polite. These five elements added to my success at HP and to my personal life. There was no "hard part" to the job. I take great pride in my critical thinking skills and excepted every challenge head on.
Pros
Daily Challenges
Cons
N/A
Company Review
Project Analyst Advanced (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 18, 2016
It was a good experience working with HP for several years. I was able to develop new skills in the Information Technology industry.
Good place to work:
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
Good Employer, Nice benefits, long term projects. Consulting and enterprises services handled by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
It's okay
Project Manager/Product Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2016
Since the company split, management roller coaster has followed. Most of the team are hard working and honorable individuals, but the turnover is taking its toll. The corporate decision to hire college level individuals during 2012-2015 is really contributing to the dilution of knowledge and experience to complete any task efficiently or effectively. Too many people have left the company for internal systems to falter and become unstable.
Pros
Easy Commute
Cons
Too much corporate restructuring and lack of knowledge
HP Opportunities Available
HP Printing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freetown, MAMay 18, 2016
HP is an ever evolving company. now splitting into two divisions is setting a precedent to stabilize and create more profitability for the company. Co-workers are alright, good people.
good
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
good experience working at hp and good work environment, Best co-workers with helping hands and good management. Overall it's pretty good working with HP
HP is struggling to remain relevant and abusive to its employees.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 17, 2016
HP bought the company I used to work for, Tandem Computers (which was a great place to work), and systematically eliminated everything that made the job fun.
Comfortable working environment
Project Manager & Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 16, 2016
Very understanding and friendly managers. Very good work/ life balance.
Good brunches at meetings and good facilities and perks.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
management not too expressive
A lot of opportunity
Process & Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 16, 2016
HP was a great place or me to show my talents and move forward. Management seemed to know my expertise and showcase it so it was very rewarding. I moved around to different departments, each one learning more, developing my knowledge and challenging me . I enjoyed every bit of my time there.
Pros
Many opportunities
Cons
Individuals must know their limits and act accordingly
HP is basically on downhill path due to their focus on short term loss prevention and long term losing talent.
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 15, 2016
Most of the time if you are in the know of the management coterie, you will get an opportunity to advance or else you are relegated to tasks which will not help you advance. Politics between teams plays a big role. Such a large number of temp H1 holders, without much of ability are inserted in the company that, including for some lower to middle management positions, that their inability to appreciate and retain talent, has made working at HP a joke. Quite often these temp workers tend to bring in their relatives and friends in the company through political means, irrespective of their abilities, and hence the employees who really can contribute get pushed out.
This company's culture has been completed turned upside down, by people who have very little talent and feed lies to upper management. so the upper management is pretty much has no real idea as to what is happening in the company.
it is a good place to work
Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 15, 2016
good place to work,nice people to work with.It was a quite and mellow workplace with good tools.there is also an option to work from home.
good
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2016
company is good. nothing to complain.work life balance. more benefits given. there is a lot of restructuring happen then and there
Great Team & Productivity
Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2016
There is no typical work day, I work at the site's IT Walk Up Help desk that services over 1500 end users, but for the most part their issues are quickly resolved and at the end of each day we're successful at keeping our clients happy and satisfied.

Management is the best, my boss is one of the best I've worked for and I have worked for some unapproachable individuals.

My co-workers couldn't be any better and we are of all different nationalities and cultures but only see one goal equally for succeeding in our work and in our family lives.

Hardest part of the job is getting here safely! Houston drivers can be complete idiots!

To conclude this I enjoy all parts of my job, there is always something different to go with the routine stuff.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No benefits and increibly extreme low wages
Good Company, Great treatment to the employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 11, 2016
Organized company. I learn a lot in there. The management is good and the co-workers too. They are team player. The most enjoyable part of the job was a peaceful enviroment.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
The company closed in many areas
Casual dress code, flexible work schedule, cafeteria with many choices, gym, walking trails, clubs, etc
Compass Field Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 10, 2016
The great part of working for HP Enterprise are the people, flexible work schedules, casual atmosphere. The challenge is the ongoing workforce reductions which has reduced morale leaving employee's feeling discouraged. There is no loyalty to employee's. You can work hard, be a committed and valuable employee with year after year exceptional reviews and be gone with a blink of an eye....very sad.
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMay 9, 2016
With HP I had the opportunity to advance my learning because they offered a Learning Center with various types of training.