3,647 reviews

HP United States Employee Reviews

A lot of opportunities for personal study and imporvement
Consultant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2015
Pros: knowlegde base very strong.you can develop yourself through training opportunities.
Cons: No jo b security for mid to junior level staff.
Job security depends on services HP manage for clients.I was on a 5 year managed services account and when the account was lost my job was no longer secure.The company has lost of very good staff.struggling at the moment it seems.
HP
Channel Partner Engagement Management Advisor (Current Employee), Conway, ARApril 16, 2015
It is a great company and place to work. Laid back, flexible hours, salary is okay. There is opportunity for growth and training to move up in the company or move into a different position.
Fast working
Chassis Assembler (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: team, lunch
Cons: pay, coworkers
clock in and go to our assembly team lines. we put together products with computers and tools needed. anything that did not work at the end of production goes to the repair team. we troubleshoot and fix it.
Great Place to Work
Technical Solutions Representative (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMApril 16, 2015
Pros: Treatment, Helpfulness, Flexibility, Cleanliness, Professionalism
Cons: Pay could be a little better
HP treats you like a human being/adult and allows you the autonomy to make big decisions on your own. There is always help and/or resources available to you if you get lost or are stuck on an issue. They understand things in life come up, so they really work with you on your schedule, so long as you're honest.
Fun Job
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tomball, TXApril 16, 2015
I love doing the receptionist work being able to assist all of the employees with there paperwork was great, also the hours was very good.
Days at HP
Sr. Event Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 15, 2015
Prepared customer events from managing calendars to invoices and evaluation reports. Learned to work with various people and businesses. Supporting few different sales team by hosting their pre-sales events, shared and built good friendship with my colleagues even most of them lives in different States. Multi-tasking and time management was especially important since I had to manage many different events at the same time and worked long and unpredictable hours due to characteristics of the job. Love learning different parts of the business and working with everyone, help me grow tremendously.
Good Company
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 15, 2015
Good Company to work for have great leaders and good training, but job security is a concern at this point in time. Cost cutting is taken high priority.
Good company at one time, but policies interfere with valuing employees
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New YorkApril 15, 2015
Pros: Mid level management is very good
Cons: Senior level management is very poor
Used to be a wonderful environment for employees, who felt truly valued. Now it's simply a numbers game for HP. Elimination of thousands of positions, including teleworkers. Just an excuse to cut costs.
Excellent work environment - very challenging
Manager, Ethics Intake & Remediation (Current Employee), Puerto RicoApril 14, 2015
Pros: A lot of opportunity to learn
Cons: Geographically Dispersed Team with little face to face interaction
HP is all about innovation, rapid changes, breakthrough advances in technology and also about good people working hard to deliver the optimum results. We operate in 170 countries in all three regions and are a true virtual and global team. I am an Engineer by education, an HR professional by experience and for the last 8 years I have worked with the Legal organization. I enjoy working with Attorneys who value my knowledge and insights as an HR professional. The hardest part of my job is that I am not able to interact in person with my colleagues as we are geographically dispersed.
Good
Datacenter Engineer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 14, 2015
Cons: The proper training of what you support isn't in place, But your held responsible for what you haven't been taught.
The upper-middle management could stand to be in the trenches more and deal with the politics less. Employees with years of experience are being let go to hire someone at about the same salary. This is not a winning proposition long-term.
HP
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation, holiday pay and scheduled hours
Cons: Limited Advancement
My department at HP is in the medical claims processing call center. I am a licenced pharmacy technician but currently specialize in provider enrollment and member services. Standard M-F 8:30-5:00 workday taking up to 100 incoming calls daily to assist members and providers with healthcare coverage.
a demoralizing culture of chaos
Marketing Manager, (Former Employee), Houston, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no management
Very little innovation combined with situational ethics. If you do not document everything you do someone else will surely take credit for it. To actually do anything requires getting approval from all kinds of people who have nothing to do with the finished product. It is hard to imagine a more dysfunctional place on earth. there is so little money invested in R&D the products are repackaged each year with minor improvements. The minor improvements come from business partners who also provide the same technology to HP's competition. There is no room for advancement unless you are part of the old crowd in Houston where the cult of cronies climb on top of the work pile just as it works to completion. This way they can look like they are doing something.
The IT department finally has email working after 4 years of torture. The other 1200 projects that the IT department want to deploy will have to be prioritized. The myth about what a great place HP is is not the truth. It may have been true but it is not the truth now. There are still some very smart people working there. Just not in management.
Great culture, great place to work
Sales Architect (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Keeping up with changing technology
Where else can you get paid to learn about new technology! Great managers, fun environment. Patrick is a wonderful manager as are all the other managers.
friendly
Audit Technician / Production Control (Current Employee), Andover, MAApril 13, 2015
Pros: i learn alot on a it field
Cons: no promotions
i work with computer parts such as motherboards,cpus,power supply i responsible to put them together and make sure they work fine .i send emails to technicians and let them know if the computer parts are ok or not , i also supervises 3 other co-worker and tell them what they need to do and if they need any help with computer information i help,i also do inspection on computer part making sure that the part are in good conditions
i have learn a lot in computer hardware from the mother board to the cables ,the hardest part is the heavi lilting sometime but i dont have a problem with it,the most enjoy part is when the company reward us with free lunch or send us home early.
Difficult culture right now.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: everything else.
HP is in distress. They are laying people off right and left in preparation for the company split. Not many people are feeling confident about the position they currently hold.
Great Job
Desktop Support Technician/Remote Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Top technology company to explore and grow career. Hard working and dedicated people. Flexible work arrangements possible. Working closely with clients to understand their business needs.
Amazing team work and coordination
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAApril 9, 2015
Worked along side the DPW for the conversion of the (Medicaid Statistical Information System) MSIS to the new Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (T-MSIS) in Pennsylvania.
It is what you make it
Technical Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIApril 9, 2015
Pros: do have events people are nice
Cons: no incentives not much advancement
normal 8 hour work days
did learn a lot with Microsoft office
management is ok have its days
co workers are great
not really an hard part of the day
Productive, good people to work with
PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, diversity, possibility of telecommuting
Cons: Major layoffs, turmoil within the company, uncertainty of your future
My job role was very diversified which kept each day interesting. I learned many new functions and had the opportunity to take a lot of training provided by HP to further my skill set.

Our team was one of the most rewarding parts of this job and I would love to have the chance to work with any of them again.

I did not like the culture of being managed by someone across the country who had no personal knowledge of your daily work life or skills. This does not seem to be a good way to manage your work force.
No budget plan and no plan in general
E-Team SharePoint Contractor (Former Employee), Tomball, TXApril 8, 2015
They did not have a budget plan for their project. The team was scattered across the globe and can not get anything done. While working there, they misspelled my name and I tried calling support and could not get anything done.

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more

HP Salaries