HP
3,453 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Learned Medical insurance
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma city, oklahomaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: learned how to understand medical insurance and how it pays or doesn't pay
Loved working for this company, learned medical insurance rules and the customer service it takes to handle in bound calls, helping insurance customers understand their policy and help them to understand why their insurance paid or billed the way it was reading on the EOB.
Great people in the computer industry
Administrative Assistant to Sales Staff (Former Employee), BellevueMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great people, good location, good products.
Cons: there was a very harsh manager, at that time, over the administrative staff. several of us left.
Good products, great people, beautiful offices in Bellevue. Was only there for a few months, left to take a position in Technology for Boeing Computer Services, which was closer to home and more salary and benefits.
Getting worse all the time
ACCOUNT BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee), RemoteMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, some good people in middle management
Cons: low salary, too much red tape- its hard to get anything done
HP pays really low compared to competitors. So, come in as high as possible if you take a job there. Raises are very low, 1-3% every year and bonuses are low too. Even when you get a promotion, it's hard to get more than 5%. Benefits are great. They used to allow telecommuting but have recently forced all WFH employees to return to an office, regardless of how far of a drive they have.
Review
account manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: working from home, company car, great salary
Cons: long hours, bad management
My day consists of working with my HP team as well as meeting with customers. Preparing and presenting presentations to customers, CEO's IT Managers, Procurement teams. My co-workers are very helpful and successful themselves. My management is not very good. The hardest part of the job would be the discipline of working from home, which happens to be the most enjoyable part of my job.
Not a friendly place to work, don't expect to be promoted
HP Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, VAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: unlimited sick leave
Cons: long work days
Does lay-offs all the time, so you will have to worry about your job. Management never communicated unless it was necessary. Salary was great.
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
There have been periods of too much focus on the immediate term - some fantastic people were lost in swathing cuts and outsourcing.
Great to work from home but some poor mangement and system quality
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: bad system reliability
The company is very disorganized. There systems are frequently breaking down. The pcs that they give to employees frequently break down. The let you work from home which is a big plus. But when working form home it is difficult to get in touch with co-workers. They put people in charge of IT with no software development experience which makes it hard for them to relate to the people they are in charge of.
Technical skills improved
Computer Room Operator/Technical Consultant II (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: management and fellow operators
Opportunity to advance. Management gave me the tools and time to improve my knowledge and skill level. Fellow operators were all willing to go the extra mile to ensure all required day to day activities were completed in a timely manner.
Best place to work.
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Its the best place ever worked in and you get a free hand on analysis and research. Balanced work and management values employees.
Fast proactive area
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: travel, meet new people
Cons: travel
Mainly a weekend job covering office supply stores and electronic retail stores. Listening to customers and applying you're HP training to sell to customers.
Great place to work. Throughly enjoyed my experience at HP and EDS
Global Program Manager (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: learning on the job
Cons: worklife balance
Great place to work. During my career with this company I was able to advance by proving my skills and abilities via old fashioned hard work. I was able to learn on the job and advance my career every 1-2 years. I had excellent mentors and wonderful colleagues.
Good Culture
Customer Engagement Advisor II (Former Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 26, 2015
Laid back culture.
Multiple jobs under one title
Fast paced
Extreme multitasking
Management is focus on positioning HP to win
Great company at developing employees in understand business on multiple levels
Culture has changed - not for the better
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Plano TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good health care/vacation package
Cons: very bad job security-bad work environment-no longer a work/life balance
This used to be a good company to work for. There once was a great work/life balance, great health benefits package and good management. Happy employees=great work production.
Sadly things have changed and no one matters. You are just a number and dedication and hard work doesn't make a difference when the company needs to cut heads. There have been too many massive layoffs that have been taking place in huge numbers over the past several years.
There are changes that happened in the company by direction of the "higher-ups". Such as: no more work/life balance, micro-managing, meetings for the sake of meetings, and more and more job cuts because many accounts are being lost due to poor direction and vision.
You no longer have job security anywhere in the company and it hangs over everyone's head daily making for a horrible and stressful work environment for employees.
The wealth of knowledge is second to none
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: work from home
Working on the assigned account was organized chaos. Everyday was a new challenge. The workload was very demanding with no room for error. Most people on the team were working between 60 and 70 hours a week just to keep the projects on schedule.
Good company, not so much for company management
Data Center Network Engineer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great people, work hard-play hard mentality.
Cons: layoffs, company doesn't seem to know where to go.
The people that I worked with were intelligent, ready to help, eager to learn. The management that I worked under were fantastic people. At times, while in Network Engineering, the pressure was intense, for as deadlines loomed closer and I was struggling to meet the demand, but nothing that I wasn't able to keep up with.
Only concern is that since the acquisition of EDS, Hewlett-Packard has been having massive layoffs. It makes for a very shaky environment. As soon as they complete their split into two separate companies, I believe that will level out.
Productive and very professional workplace.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Typical day started in the morning answering to important e-mails and then proceeding to my daily routine. I've learned different analysis tools. The management was professional and friendly. My co-workers were a pleasure to work and interact with.
NOT A SUITABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR MATURE ADULTS
WAREHOUSEMAN (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2015
OVERWORKED UNDERPAID UNDERTRAINED HIGH STRESS DUE TO INCONSIDERATE LEADS/SUPERVISORS IN THE WORK PLACE. VERY EASY JOB IF THE PROPER TRAINING WAS GIVEN HP NEEDS TO DUE A RE-EVALUATION A CLEAN SWEEP AND START OVER BEGINNING FROM THE TOP
Good overall growth prospects
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I was working for HP GLobal Delivery India Center . THis was an consulting arm of HP for solutions and services. We got to travel to Head Quarters at Cupertino and Palo Alto
proactive and productive
Computer Hardware Repair Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2015
on a day to day bases I would break down computers, troubleshoot, and repair determining if parts are available. this job is very efficient and is one that a person can master if they are continuously striving for better.
Its good
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, D.C.February 23, 2015
Great company with great benefits. But very hard to advance and the pay is a little less than fair. We talked about advancement after 6 months but then after 6 months I was told that they did not have anything else and pretty much said, We dont help pay for more certifications, so get them on your own and we can talk about advancement after

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more