HP Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,233 reviews matching the search
Needs to work on People skills and employee management relations
Onsite support Technician level II (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 26, 2016
Worked several hours of over time without being paid. Long hours including weekends and nights. Management was always passing projects that they should supervise to employees and wondering why they werent done. when projects were just given on the day of completion. There was no job security nor advancement even when employees went far and beyond to get the job done within time constraints. Worked for the company for over two years and never advanced when all of my employee reviews were above average. The Job culture here is to make sure the customer is happy but Not the employee.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, No work life balance, no over time pay.
Productive work place
Manager of RAD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
“Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California. It provides hardware, software and services to consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.”
Nice place to work, good people.
a typical IT place to work
I learned a lot
management is fine
co-workers are great
HPE has loads of great talent.
LEARNING SOLUTIONS OPERATIONS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 13, 2016
Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts and Project Team Members around the world and across functions is the BEST opportunity HP and HPE has given me. There are so many talented people who are working hard for the success of their teams and it is a joy to work with them and learn from them.

Watching some of these great collaborators leave through early retirement or not being close to a HPE site due to back to work policies is the hardest part of the job. It is also making career growth harder if relocation is not an option for you.
Great place to work for experienced employees who like to work hard.
Sr. Process IT Manager & QA Auditor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2016
Compensation was adequate and fair, most of management were fair, with always exclusions, working hard would get recognition. I was a manager who had the freedom to hire and prove retention and did receive bonuses for doing this. Good recognition.
Pros
Group work, Matrixed work situations, continual training, CMMI L4
High Intensity
Support Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2016
Loved working with executives within corporate environments. Proud to represent Hewlett Packard's products and services. Learned a lot in the sixteen years employed. Work was intense and work week could easily be in excess of fifty hours. Management could be difficult and changes a lot.
Pros
Working with customers and co-workers; salary was good.
Cons
stressful work environment
Great Team & Productivity
Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2016
There is no typical work day, I work at the site's IT Walk Up Help desk that services over 1500 end users, but for the most part their issues are quickly resolved and at the end of each day we're successful at keeping our clients happy and satisfied.

Management is the best, my boss is one of the best I've worked for and I have worked for some unapproachable individuals.

My co-workers couldn't be any better and we are of all different nationalities and cultures but only see one goal equally for succeeding in our work and in our family lives.

Hardest part of the job is getting here safely! Houston drivers can be complete idiots!

To conclude this I enjoy all parts of my job, there is always something different to go with the routine stuff.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No benefits and increibly extreme low wages
A lot of opportunity
Process & Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 16, 2016
HP was a great place or me to show my talents and move forward. Management seemed to know my expertise and showcase it so it was very rewarding. I moved around to different departments, each one learning more, developing my knowledge and challenging me . I enjoyed every bit of my time there.
Pros
Many opportunities
Cons
Individuals must know their limits and act accordingly
Great co-workers, below industry standard wages
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MichiganApril 5, 2016
HPE is a great company to start out with. They offer a plethora of learning opportunities and resources. They offer easy networking with co-workers worldwide. The groups often support a family style environment. They do not offer competitive salaries that keep pace with any other company. You can grow your knowledge base there, but cannot grow your budget. Job stability is also quite questionable.
Good working experience
Senior Linux/Unix System Administrator (L2) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for HP for the past 5 years. I had good experience on on the job. I enjoyed working my daily tasks, I have learned a lot on the job, Had multiple training from HP which improved my skills and knowledge. My team was nice to work with. Hardest part was the commute to work which took me 45 minutes one way.
Pros
Free trainings, Lunches, activities
Cons
Short breaks
Creative, respectful and dedicated people
Principal Scientist/Tech. Dev. for 3D printing (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 30, 2016
The legacy and culture of HP withstands the test of multiple CEOs who brought divers leadership styles and business objectives. Without question, it is a place where dedicated employees strive to sustain and create new value in the market place.

I've been very fortunate in my career at HP in that I've experienced the learning of multiple life-times. Where else could I have worked with so many industries and technologies, and interacted with such a diverse set of customers (now friends).

It is a great place to work.
Pros
Self managed. Highly trusted.
Cons
Small cubicles
Great place to work to gain experience in a large matrixed company
HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 28, 2016
There is never a typical day at work; you can always expect new challenges as the only constant is change. People are very smart and competitive and this makes a great environment to grow and develop your skills.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
The company is challenged to find its place in the market and stay competitive.
● Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
Recycling Inventory Materials Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
● Analyst of various assigned work areas, using sound independent judgment while providing guidance and direction to over 43 subordinates both written and verbal.
● Ensures a safe work environment with zero incidents or accidents while maintaining and stocking over $25,000 of materials monthly
Productive and a learning experience
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Metro CenterJune 14, 2016
My position here is very fast paced. There is no margin for error. I love it! I have learned so much while I was here and I have organized and taught a few things as well. The manager of this department is so fantastic. He gives me room to grow and do what I need to do. My co-workers and the hardest part of my job are together. This department has felt some growing pains. We had some problems who have since been removed and it made what was left of the department come together in a way it wouldn't have otherwise. I could not pick a more enjoyable part of my job. There are so many from the job task, to learning new things and the fast pace of it.
Pros
I enjoy what I do, I love the people I work for and with, I do not hate to come to work, I love the challenges every day.
Cons
Hiring process takes to long. Pay and benefits are very lacking.
Productive and fun. Had a cafateria.
PC technician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 2, 2016
Would assembled Pavilion Desktops. Would run tests after assembly and repair if needed. I learned how to build a computer from ground up. Management was great. co workers were fun. Often hangout outside of work. Hardest part was it was temp to hire. Most enjoyable was the knowledge of a big company operates.
Pros
Experience to move various positions
Cons
Temporary
Fun environment, very enjoyable associates and managers, rewards for doing a great job.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 24, 2016
Hp was a very nice place to work. Always felt safe due to the security we had to go through to get in the building. It was a very fast paced job but the people made it a breeze and a very comfortable place to be all day. Having to unload, load, pack and unpack it can be very tiring but knowing that you are getting the job done correctly gives you that motivation to keep on moving and exceeding your goals every single day. The hardest part of the job is always trying to find and fix merchandise locations. The part I like most about the job I would have to say was my coworkers and the effort they put forth to complete our and our customers expectations.
Relaxed work atmosphere
Information Technology Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2016
Relaxed work atmosphere, learned IT and IT management working with onsite technicians at all US Naval bases, assigning hands on IT work, following up with their assignments to make sure work was completed in a timely matter and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Monday to Friday work week
Cons
Hewlett Packards Work Force Reduction
Fast paced and challeging
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
Was able to work with some of the best Engineers and Technologist on account teams. Working on accounts was always demanding and fast paced, under some pretty difficult timelines.
Pros
Best engineers and technologist at the time
Cons
Very little moneys for training, and usually no time to take free training when made available.
HP Is going through some significant change in its business model
Sr.Program Manager / Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 25, 2016
HP is in the process of a recovery plan, it has made strides over the past several years and I am hopeful it will be come the company it once was.
Pros
Great work balance and lots of good experience within the ranks.
Cons
There was always a looming feel that the company would reduce its workforce.
Great co-workers, much job uncertainty
Senior Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 12, 2016
I worked with a great group of people who were professional and respectful and yet also were make the work enjoyable. This was good, as HP had been drifting for the last decade, regularly laying off people as it struggled to re-invent itself. Most of those efforts failed. As the years went by, HP gradually changed from being a company that planned for the future and always sought to make shake up the market paradigm with innovative products, to a company that seemed concerned only with the quarter-to-quarter bottom line.
No strategy or future for HP Inc.
Sr. R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2016
There is no clear strategy or long term success plans for HP Inc. after the company split at the end of 2015. Executive management is just hoping to survive long enough for some Asian company to buy out HP Inc. or pieces of HP Inc.

There is no innovation or engineering at HP. It's 100% ODM outsourced to Asia. Any remaining engineering or technical support work is moved to China. HP in the US is sales and marketing only. If you are an engineer or technical, you don't want to work for HP.
Pros
Cons
No pay raises ever, no chance for advancement, constantly cutting bdugets