HP
3,559 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Productive for the most part. Company not fun to work for.
Administrative Clerk 1 (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIMarch 19, 2015
Pros: potluck lunches on occasion
Cons: salary.
Working among co-workers was enjoyable. Everything else wasn't
a good experience.I processed documents and the documents would get scanned. QC would then be performed. I enjoyed working alongside my co-workers immensely.
Productive and stable environment
Technical solutions rep (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: 3rd shift
Typical day was constant calls in queue. I learned how to multi-task lead, and work closely with co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was encountering challenging situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was being re-warded for my accomplishments.
Meet people all around the world.
Software Program Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
Go over issues with vendors and our offshore team. Make sure our products get delivered with minimal to no issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my products being used by millions of people around the world.
short term, quarterly growth numbers are all that matters
Project Manager (Current Employee), SoutheastMarch 19, 2015
Pros: not sure there are many at the moment
Cons: non-competitive salary and too much upper mgmt
instead of maximizing service revenues, cutting cost despite long term impact to clients. Whereas there will likely be a boost to the overall stock value, the ability to serve the real needs of the company and the talent by which to sustain market share, will be greatly diminished.
big company but bad place to work ..
Logistics / IT Operations Support Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 19, 2015
big company but bad place to work if you are a contractor you are treated like second -class citizen.the regular get all the first class .
Worked there during an "Outsourcing Initiative".
Support Specialist V (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
Interesting company. Learned lots about transition, and differences between leadership styles. Co-workers were diverse across regions. The hardest part was moving from a legacy corporate style to the new style under the outsourcing project. The people from both sides of the initiative were great to work with.
Good Company
Customer Engineer (Team Lead) (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 18, 2015
Cons: poor salaries
very number driven, very low salaries work about 12 hours a day covering about 300 plus miles a day

Coworkers are great,

the hardest part of the job is taking care of a family on a salary that people made in the early 90's
Monitoring Manager / System Administrator / Training Professional
Tools Monitoring Manager (Current Employee), Pontiac, Mi.March 16, 2015
Highly-talented, independently-motivated Server System Administrator with a successful track record in deployment and creation of server monitoring and availability solutions to meet unique customer requirements. Proven ability to communicate complex technical information to high level business clients as well as technical support personnel and product end-users. Demonstrated success in navigating multi-faceted technical environments. Possessing of outstanding ability in the rapid understanding and implementation of new applications as well as the management of multiple projects concurrently. Vetted for Government Security clearance.
Excellent work ethic, strong teams
Developer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 16, 2015
Pros: work ethic; strong team building.
HP took over EDS around 2010. My interactions did not significantly change when HP took over. Our teams were're successful before and after HP.
Worst job I ever had.
Tax Analyst II (Former Employee), Plano TXMarch 16, 2015
Regular corporate enviroment only amplified. Management never knows how the real product is acheived. No appreciation for a job well done, but exceptional attention paid to political correctness.
Remote Job
Migration/UAT/Integration Lead/Consultant (Current Employee), Remote work from homeMarch 16, 2015
This was a remote job to work from Home.
It's good to work from home, you don't need to start running around to get to the work on Time, specially when living in New York where traffic situation is worst.
We use to have an early morning management meeting and also remote doesn't mean we were far away from each team member, its like just a click away.
The project used MS Lync to communicate, it's a very powerful tool, we can ping, call and present at the same time.
High integrity. Very colleagial
Global Pricing Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good work life balance. traditionally allowed remote work.
Cons: older workers not welcome.
There are many good people in HP. The company is in transition as the CEO tries to make the company younger. I do not see HP as a good place for workers older than 40.
HP is a great company to work with.
Global Process Design and Capability Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, CaliforniaMarch 14, 2015
Pros: Work from home office, Benefits
Cons: Long work days, early and late night work requirements often
HP is a wonderful company to be employed with. Due to company organization restructuring I was impacted in the changes. I worked for HP as a contractor from May 1999 until they hired me full time in March of 2000. I had the benefit of the opportunity to work from home full time allowing me a healthy work life balance.
Customer-Focused - unbalanced
Project Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2015
Co-workers are difficult, with some exceptions.
The company is currently reducing its workforce.
Typical day - working remotely, planning software delivery, maintaining planning documentation and tools.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the difficult people.

The most enjoyable part is developing and achieving improved results.
Everyone worked together as a team
LINE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2015
The supervisor was a really great man helped out when needed and he was a former NBL pitcher. My coworkers were great and there was no hard part about the job everything came easy, i enjoy learning all about computer servers building the assembling them, testing them, inspecting, packaging, shipping and receiving. I got to learn just about every position in that building and a couple in others. A very versatile job
Fun place to work
Physical Security (Former Employee), Chamberburg, PAMarch 12, 2015
Perform Physical Security Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI), Certification Accreditation (C&A’s) and Site Assistance Visits (SAV’s) for various government and military sites to provide an overall, multi-disciplined assessment of the security posture of the organization including the elements of Personnel security, INFOSEC, Physical security, Industrial security, Counterintelligence, security in-depth and overall security management
Fun, Productive and freedom to grow
Project Manager Intern, New Product Introduction (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2015
Great work culture and environment. I had the freedom to put forward my ideas, develop, test and implement them. My particular role involved both desk job and running and coordinating with the actual production line.
Productive Workplace
Day Associate (Current Employee), Henrico, VAMarch 11, 2015
Everybody at the workplace is friendly and know how to treat and listen to one another. The hardest part about eh job is standing for long periods of time.
Very large company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: get lost in the crowd
Plenty of room to move around in this company. Lots of people to meet. Good pay. Large training programs. Learn a lot working here.
good company to work for
Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee), Suitland, MDMarch 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers are pleasant
Cons: the pay.
This position is contract base so there is very little chance for advancement. The pay is low for the amount and complexity of work that is required.

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more

HP Salaries