HP
3,135 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

A great place to work with lot of growth opportunities
IT Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 12, 2014
Responsible for the successful operations of IT systems and applications which support $265M annual revenue in the Educational Services and Resource Management area. These worldwide application are managed by my team of project managers, solution architects, developers.
Great Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
Great place to work the work environment was very professional but fun at the same time. I learned alot of different that furthered my career there. The management team was a non micro managing team but they wanted the job done and correctly.
A nice place to work. A good learning experience...
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: lots of ot. location: the closest job i've ever had !
Cons: continuos lay-offs. favoritism.
A good run of 4 1/2 years...! Always busy, always learning something new. Doing a lot of different jobs besides Quality Auditing, such as Computer Rack Assembly and Repair as needed. Before I knew, I 've become a very good Assembler...!
Was a GREAT temp job!
Field Service Representative / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoDecember 10, 2014
Pros: new project
Cons: temporary position was too short
This project was part of the Y2K project. The work was diverse, the management were involved and the work environment was comfortable. It was a very good job.
A truly awful and unprofessional place to work
Mobility Developer (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, work from home (sometimes)
Cons: management, work expectations, advancement
- Political atmosphere makes getting even simple tasks done.
- Have 4-5 bosses that your report to and each will ask for regular status reports.
- Thrown to clients with no support, you are responsible for everything.
- You will take the blame for anything that goes wrong on a project you are assigned to.
- Wildly inconsistent standards across different – more... groups, some groups have 0 accountability, or receive special favoritism. – less
Productive & manufacturing
Colorado Materials Engineer (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsDecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
*worked with other engineers
*worked with manufacturing line
*Open door policy
*Great co-workers
Large company, very granular roles
Financial Reporting Engagement and Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2014
Large company, very granular roles. Culture is great in high growth periods, much more tense when business is declining. Long history, mostly nice offices world wide with good amenities.
Long on fun, short on pay
TCIII (Current Employee), Work from HomeDecember 9, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: pay
Great people to work with, great place, poor pay.

Additionally there current go forward plan is questionable at best, but I hope nothing but the best for them
Simm's
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Newark, DEDecember 8, 2014
Simm's is an ok company to work for. I would recommend this employer to others as it a reputable place to work. I have worked for this employer for 5 years and I have no major complaints thus far. Simm is a leader in Collection. Many people that work at Simm's stay there for a long while.
HP needs better call center management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 7, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Really fun people to work with, poor management. Agents really had each other's backs when working with scheduling, training was fun, very educational. Extremely poor management.
Great company
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 7, 2014
Enjoyed it while it lasted. Its a busy place to work, good pay, good benefits. micro managed but that was fair.
Great team to work with
Technical Solutions Consultant IV (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 6, 2014
Wonderful customer focused team
great product
very focused on the customer and their successes
Never a dull moment
Lots of freedom to learn new products
work force reduction
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMDecember 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits. great co-workers
Cons: poor management
Poor management...3 managers in 2 years.
A new software program was required to use to perform our job. This program had many flaws. My computer was not able to support this system. It took months for a computer upgrade.
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 4, 2014
This part of my journey was a big step for me. I had been with the company for many years and I changed my job to the IT Help desk. I loved this job I had been there since I was 19 and everyone was like family. On a day to day basis with this job I worked on desktop computers, laptops, telephones, mailing machine and printers. Hated to be laid off after – more... so many years but that business. – less
Member Technical Staff
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Excellent Company to work and learn parallely
Excellent Company to work and learn parallely..
Many opportunities
ALLIANCE DIRECTOR CLOUD SALES (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2014
If flexibility is in your blood, you will succeed at HP. After 5 years and 8 managers, things are constantly changing. There is nothing boring about this company.
Changing Environment
Strategic Commodity Manager - ASIC/ASSPs (Former Employee), Andover, MADecember 2, 2014
Due to continued cost pressures and resulting downsizing and constant reorganizing, HP is not an optimal employee for purchasing professionals. The companies focus is resourcing these types of responsibilities to Asia and other low cost geographies.

Despite these facts, I did enjoy my 38+ years with the company.
need to be very flexible
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 1, 2014
The hardest part of my job is balancing work load. I have learned a lot from co-workers. They have taught how to see the bigger picture when looking at a problem that I am having to solve. We work very well together to execute any task that lies ahead of us. My typical work day involves managing SLA's, customer stats, and personnel issues.
aways great carreer development and place to grow
Services Category Manager HP PPS ( Indigo) (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
Both companies Kodak and HP has been a Management, Leadership, Business, Financial, Operation and Logistic/planning (among other fundamentals) school for me as well as a tremendous opportunities to execute and deliver results to the Business, while developing teams, professionals, individuals and building up as part of small and big teams, innovating, – more... with a deep will to win, being accountable, passionate for our customers and always interacting with the personal and company values, wich coincide, reason why I have been working for many years for the companies, specially wth HP.

The hardest part of job is to lead on a high speed growing Business with limited resources, and multitasking on a big region as is Latin America; in other hand it contribute to the most enjoyable part of my job, which is to create and make things happen when the challenge is big. – less
Mixed Opportunities at HP
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon, VADecember 1, 2014
Success at HP depends on your location - go to Houston if you want a career path or job security.

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more