HP Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Nice work culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
As a product based company it allows employee to share thoughts, open communication and focus on end objective. company do not believe in macro management
Productive, evolving work place
End Sales User Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 31, 2017
Working for HP was exciting and very informational. It was a laid back environment and usually very noisy due to the fact that many people were on the phone trying to make a sale. It was challenging at times when various people on my team sent me work to be done simultaneously. However they were usually very understanding if the work was returned to them later than they had anticipated. Overall HP was a great company to work for and I would highly recommend it to someone looking to go into sales.
Temp position
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 31, 2017
develop SOA stacks for Oracle EID global systems for VM systems and global customer access gateways. coordinated with numerous vendors and contractors.
Not worth it
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
If you want to be hacked to pieces you can work for this company. Its a dying dinosaur with little to offer. its a total waste of time. Stay away from this company only reason to work here is last resort.
High stress but nothing one could not handle
Project Manager/Lead (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171August 30, 2017
Fast paced and frequent change to schedule, requirements, etc. But kept it interesting. Good bonuses at times. Had fantastic management until last one.
Pros
Good compensation, benefits and fast paced work
Cons
Restructuring contributing to great uncertainties about future especially, if you were senior in time with company.
Senior Marketing Web Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 30, 2017
Hewlett Packard was a great place to work. It was a very trusting and respectful environment. The company provided celebrations both on and offsite that were fun and rewarding.
Pros
Stress Free
Cons
Job losses due to constant reorganizing
No work-life balance - low pay, no raises
SR PROJ/PROG MNGR - Tech software system implem. (Current Employee) –  Williston, VTAugust 30, 2017
I've been with HP/HPE/DXC for almost 5 years now. The layoffs have been consistent my entire tenure. Every day more work is required from the rest of the employees who still have healthcare knowledge. There is no real program/resource management by upper management to allow the success of new business. The people you work with are great, including the global delivery folks, but there is just not enough knowledge to go around. 12 hour + days are the norm. The new company just got rid of our guaranteed vacation for 'unlimited' vacation that has a lot of restrictions and requires specific approvals. Very sad to see people leaving every month. The last 2 I know of didn't even have another job to move to. They were just fed up. There is no work-life balance. Very sad. No raises for the past 3-5 years and bonuses are $2K or less for the top 1%. Promises of promotions and raises are dished out but never followed through.
Pros
co-workers are good people
Cons
no work-life balance, low pay, no raises, low if any bonus.
Hp hpe
Inside Storage Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAAugust 29, 2017
Excellent company to work at, I was there 15 years. After the company split I was downsized, but overall a great place to work. I enjoyed my team and managers, and the mostly home office environment with some in office as well and family friendly.
Pros
Mostly Home Office
Cons
After the split we were required to do more office time, where the only benefit was a very nice cafeteria, and meeting some people, but did not add to my actual job which was all on the phone with customers.
Innovative enjoyable workplace
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 29, 2017
Manage executive customer relationships and develop additional opportunities for incremental growth within the Information Technology Services and Business line groups.

Analysis Clients strategic direction and business needs and map to create demand for servers, storage, networking, software and services solutions enterprise wide.

Utilized industry knowledge to customize business solutions to effectively advance customer’s objectives.
Coordinate a team of business line resources to expand product and services penetration. Team includes management, product sales specialists, system engineers and external partners responsible for a broad array of Hewlett Packard’s products and services.

Working at HP you are learning every day as technology evolves.

I had a strong leader that lead the Global Accounts Group

The culture was good but with all the many changes HP has gone through over the past 5-7 years you did not know what groups or business line would last.

The best part of my job was working with the customers
Pros
Good pay, life balance and benefits
Cons
All the rounds of workforce reduction
Company on the decline
Global Account Programme Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon tyneAugust 29, 2017
since the merge with CSC, HPE has been in decline. more redundancies and a lack of vision or direction.
real shame as i enjoyed working here, i cannot see them turning it around and will be the 4th or 5th placed service provider behind Accenture and the Indian pure plays
Productive, but hard tasked driven work place
Transition Manager (Former Employee) –  West CountryAugust 29, 2017
Lots of restructuring nowadays, but in the time I was there it was a solid dependable working environment. I felt appreciated and always tried harder as a result.
Pros
Appreciated
Cons
It changed due to economic pressure, its not as good now
Not a pleasant job experience
Sr. Customer Support Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 28, 2017
Not working in normal HP environment. Working for Enterprise division in client's space.California Dept. of Correction and Rehabilitation. Disorganized implementation of software. Very poor treatment of support team. Job title/function changed 3 times in 5 Yrs. This occurred without any employee notification or input.
Workplace Culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 28, 2017
I am a "people person" and have always enjoyed meeting and working with the various individuals within the company. During my tenor at HP, I had the pleasure of working in various departments holding responsibility for different tasks/jobs, and building a wealth of knowledge in the field, however, as time progressed, the culture of HP changed (as expected over time), but did not change (in my opinion) for the better. What began as an 'inclusive' culture ended as a 'coat throat' culture with every man for himself. I also did not see room for growth anymore.
Productive/Clean work environments
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2017
A day at work was very productive, steady work pace and a calm, peaceful and relaxed working environment. The management there was very good, everyone was on one accord. The most enjoyable part of the job was installing the electronic devices.
I loved the team i was on
Trainer, Consultant, Wrote Courseware (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILAugust 26, 2017
I could not have ask for better team members than what I had. Best job I've ever had. And I was able to work from home. That was a huge plus but I would have liked to go in to an office occasionally.
Good place to work.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 26, 2017
I left HP prior to the most recent restructuring of the company into two halves (HPE and HPI). During my tenure, it was a great company with great reputation for innovative management.
Difficult client, but we all pulled together as a team
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2017
A place to learn a lot. Every day busy, stress environment but the days went fast. The culture was changing with each account manager. Hardest part of job was the client consistently changing the scope of work. I learned so much in terms of technical language I have a new comfort level.
Pros
Team enviornment
Cons
Lot of stress
Good work life balance and reasonable management
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
This used to be a great place to work, with a pension, 6% matching 401k, attractive stock purchase plan, etc... Revenues have tapered off over the last several years, and so have some of the benefits, but overall still a decent place to work.
Pros
Work Life Flexibility
Cons
A lot of non-revenue generating positions moving to Mexico and overseas
great work environment nice and calm
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2017
i would get out of school and head here to take apart computers and laptops. people would think we where the guys to make the computer but must of the times all we did was trash them or just repair them,
Pros
nice pay for the work we did
A great place to learn
Procurement Engineer, Business Critical Systems (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 25, 2017
HP is definitely a company that communicates well. I made a career change going to HP and learned much from my colleges as well as the suppliers to HP. Very organized, goal oriented, and customer focused company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval