HP
2,417 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Great team to work with
CAMPAIGN ANALYST/MARKET ANALYST (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no job security
Very Supportive team members. A great learning experience. Still a star-up culture in the projects that helped me get involved in various aspects of work, learn and excel.
Challenging but very rewarding
Co-ordinator Assembly Line (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: bonuses sometimes for overtime
Cons: coming to work for overtime and there is no work and they send you home.
HP is a very challenging job I learned quite a bit while there a typical day is going in taking a roll call making sure associates have what they need to get started. hardest part of the job is dealing with different attitudes especially those of upper management they were not very helpful in a lot of areas where there were issues to be resolved you – more... had to basically find out information on your own they were always too busy I should say some of the manager. I enjoyed the job because it made you be more responsible it made you more focused and more self motivated you cant wait on others to handle your job you had to jump in there and go for what you know. – less
Great Company To Work For
Executive Support/Asset Mgmt/Site Support Group (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJune 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long days
HP was able to grow my skill set as an individual and as a team player.
Excellent experience.
Senior Software Engineering Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FL Los Angeles, CA Houston, TXJune 12, 2014
Basically the same as can be read on the review for Cardtech. Similar job and experiences.
Good people, good company - too bad about the lay offs
Global Release Test Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: good culture, good people
Cons: lay offs
HP is a good place to work if you don't mind working at a very large, global company. HP is process-heavy which is to be expected at a giant tech company, and given it's size, that's not a bad thing.

The management with which I came into contact (Director & VP level) was good and I think that the executive management is doing a good job to turn the – more... company's fortunes around.

The people with whom I worked were excellent. They were good, smart people who worked hard. Learning the large and, at times, convoluted corporate structure was not easy.

My only "complaints" are that HP's benefits are not excellent. They're not bad, just average. I also wish that members of virtual teams were given the flexibility to work at home some days. Given the price of gasoline and the company's emphasis on environmental responsibility, it doesn't make sense to require all employees to commute to work every day only to talk on the phone to people who are located in different cities, states and countries. Some flexibility in that area would, I think, improve employee morale.

Overall, I recommend HP as a place to work. The culture is good, the people are good and I honestly believe that executive management is working hard to turn the company around. – less
My work day
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYJune 11, 2014
* I work regular 8 hour day, I give 150% to the job that I do.
* I believe that no day should ever go by without learning one thing new each day. Without doing this it is like you did the day without progressing forward.
* I appreciate management that allows you to do your job and work through your abilities but be there to provide guidance and assistance – more... when needed. To give praise when you do a good job but at the same time show you areas of weakness so that you can learn and grow from them.
* My co-workers appreciate my knowledge and willingness to learn what I don't know. To give assistance when ever I am asked to help.
* I enjoy learning new things all the time. – less
Productive and informative place to work.
Field Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 11, 2014
This company fostered an atmosphere of intellectual growth and collaboration for all its technicians.
Enjoyed the work environment but location was not for me
ITO Consultant II - Applications Support (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2014
The job and people were wonderful. However I am a Carolina girl who couldn't handle the snow.
Perfect job for a recent graduate!
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Conway, ARJune 10, 2014
Pros: great entry level company, fun atmosphere, awesome networking
Cons: management was underqualified
A typical day at work involved signing into a VoIP phone system, logging on to your company issued laptop and making outbound calls all day. We had multiple conference calls a week, team meetings and discussions about the direction of the company from a high level. I learned how to be a successful sales rep when given very little information about the – more... customer, little to no direction and little experience. The hardest part about the job was learning from management who did not know much about the job themselves or what they were doing in their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself. The atmosphere was very nice, the people were young, aspiring and motivated to work everyday. It was a great place to build your net-work and your net-worth! – less
HP
Pre-Sales Solution Architect (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2014
I loved working with all the new technology. The benefits where great.Very flexible schedules and great managers.
Exciting culture with very bright people
Solution Consultant, HP (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAJune 10, 2014
A typical day includes careful study of Request for Proposal (RFP) content supplied by existing HP Clients or potential New Logos, lively discussion with teammates, the design and pricing of the best standard portfolio or custom solution for the Client.
Excellent Place to Work and a top management.
QA lead/Manager (Current Employee), Houston,TXJune 9, 2014
Excellent Place to work in Houston,TX
Great location.
Great atmosphere & very congenial team.
Excellent management & coworkers.
Every contractor has to be ready, since layoffs are likely to happen in every company at any time, even if it is a perm job.
HP Enterprise Services
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJune 9, 2014
Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) & Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Design, Development and maintenance of various applications in variety of subsystems like Provider Data Maintenance, Member, Managed Care, Third Party Liability, BuyIn, and Financial Subsystems. Designed various interfaces like Provider Enrollment, – more... Electronic ADO, and Member Enrollment. I was involved in performing several Change Orders and Defects in MMIS and New HIPAA 5010 Implementation. – less
Learning and a fun place of work
Financial Associate (Current Employee), HP- BangaloreJune 7, 2014
Learning and a fun place of work

Vendor Data Management (Procure to Pay Process)
Accounts Payable Department

Friendly , young Team, manger, and team lead.

Convincing few strict customers is the hardest part, managing work during high volumes .
Correspondence editor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 6, 2014
I worked correspondence edit daily to adjust loan balances and errors before loan consolidations were processed. I also worked loan summary reports.
Hewlett Packard
Assembler (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
We always had a lot of orders that we needed to take for the day. We had to learn how to time manage while doing our work accurately. Before shipping everything had to be tested for our customers.
Good company to work for..
Sales Force Dot Com Admin/shared services (Current Employee), Guadalajara, JALJune 5, 2014
Pros: ..
Cons: ...
This is a great company to work for I am leaving because of personal matters not because I got laid off or nothing of that kind.
great place to learn and to meet people that really matter.
Okay company
IT Developer/Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
Good company to start out career. Job uncertainty is high right now. Morale is down dude to layoffs and company transition to turn around.
Talented but under appreciated workers
QA Team Lead (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 3, 2014
Great name, horrible leadership.

Worked here for over 8 years and still contracting.
HP Enterprise Services is a great company to work for
Services Information Developer III (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJune 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay, challenging work, opportunities for travel, good management
Cons: complex management structures, 300k employees is hard to manage
I really enjoyed working for HP. They expected a lot out of the Specialist-level employees but that made it all the more interesting.

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more