HP

4.1K reviews

HP Employee Reviews

good place to work
TIBCO Architect & PM (IT) (Current Employee), houstonJuly 27, 2015
good place to work and also gained good knowledge over the subject. It has been 2 years and looking for a change. Willing to work in different work environment
To many re-orgs
Several Positions (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: In Houston
Cons: Poor Management
The company is in constant state of flux. No clear direction. Too many changes ALL the time. Very unstable environment.
Pruductive Place For Work
(ISO), Repair & Maintenance Technician IV (Former Employee), Puerto RicoJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good Benefis
A nice place to work, whit professional people excellent management. A technician job where I do a lot of different function such as PM, PDM, (TPM) and technical fixes and repair.
Red tape and frustration
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 27, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: bad organization
needs better defined hiring and training processes. for a large company this is really poor and un-implemented. I cannot stress managment and staff relationship enough.
Good company to work for.
3LS RPOS Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good culture and great people.
Cons: Lots of red tape regarding customer support, long processes.
HP is a big business with lots of employees all over the world. The culture is one of many different cultures wrapped into one. There are cubicles everywhere even for the managers.

I was most impressed with the software delivery system and their hands off IT approach to system migrations during the split of the company. My migration went smooth like butter.

Overall HP is an excellent business with lots of great people and provide good products with fair to good support for their products.
Okay place to work but now no job security
Repair Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime
Cons: Layoffs, favoritism
I went into Hp with no experience in computers and now i have 5 years in Building, testing and repairing servers. Management is horrible it seems like they dont care about the blue collar employees that actually Manufacture the servers but only the upstairs people. Now the company is splitting in 2 different companies and estimated layoff is 10,000 so no job security. I like the work that i do but i would rather do it somewhere else.
Loved working for HP
Presales Storage Consultant (Former Employee), Chesterbrook, PAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benifits
Cons: Salaries were not in line with their competitors
Very good company, they went through a very dark period trying to make the merger work. Fortunately I left just before the merger.
Company in Transition
Senior Information Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Website and frequent account meetings
Cons: Lack of direction, focus
I was only at HP for two years. After the EDS acquisition it was clear that HP (the printer company) was not prepared to run a software organization, hence the company split to become HP and HPE. HPE is still working on defining who they are, or want to be.
Productive and fun place to work.
IP Vend Team Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Luncheon with management, and leading the team
Cons: The company would always make constant changes and relocate the departments.
My typical day was normally divided into two categories, Personal assignments and team direction. On a personal level, I would check emails and priortize my day according to escalations. Follow up on emails after resolving any issues. Process and deliver team progress reports to management. As team lead I would organize and conduct meetings thanking the team for their efforts, and ensuring the team is working with effectiveness and efficiency on their assigned task. We would resume with a question and answer session for any issues with clients, staff, or co-workers, and find resolution.

As team lead I learned, time management is essential, not only my goals and duties have to be met, it's equally important the team is functioning effectively.

Sometime with co-workers you have to make concessions to meet their needs.

The hardest part of my job was was requesting a team member to be let go.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with management to implement new ideas and receiving input from the team regarding how to keep the team motivated.
Hard working People who are Dedicated to Make it Happen!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 23, 2015
Great place to work at where you are an individual and where management is supportive in your career choices. Great team members to work with who strive to go the extra mile to make it happen. Everyone is dedicated and really cares about their jobs here!
HP was a fun place to work
RDL Solutions Test Engineer (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, decant pay, New products to learn from.
Cons: Terrible benefits, Constant layoffs all year
You may have work when coming in that day or may not. When there is work your very busy, Some good people to work with. The job can be hard to do because of the way tests have been written when trying to interpreting them. Poorly written. Its nice to be able to have a company that is flexible where needed.
Job security is almost non exsistening
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Old HP made for a great work environment
Cons: Job Security, Environment, Micromanaged
Can't say much regarding HP when they WFR over 500 employees and months later hire 200 more. Very pro management structure and absolutely on the job training for their task at hand. You job can become a career but you'll experience or suffer through a series of ups and downs of emotional job security. Wouldn't work here again!
Very family friendly business
Engagement Customer Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 22, 2015
All desk work. managed projects. Worked closely with sales. Projections and completions of orders in a timely manner. management was not very friendly but they did their job. Coworkers are very friendly. Hardest part of the job is sitting for 8 hours of the day. Most enjoyable part of the job is completing on time.
Large company
Lead Claims Healthcare Consultant Business Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Long work hours
HP is a large corporate structure that does not allow for growth. Long hours little recognition, management does not provide direction to employees.
HP is an above average company to work for
Senior SAP Basis Consultant (Former Employee), englewood cliffs NJJuly 21, 2015
Pros: good job
Cons: lack of training budget
HP compensation is above average. Work environment is about average. Work location is at the client site. HP plans to offshore the support resources which could impact the quality of the work
No direction.
Senior Service Delivery Representative (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 21, 2015
Pros: good healthcare; loved working with my peers.
Cons: No management direction
Not there long enough actually for a good review. I was brought over with the rest of the Citi division, doing what I did at Citi, and most of those duties were gradually removed until I was let go, along with many others, due to a change in business requirements.
Great Workplace
Customer Access Management Representative (Current Employee), Rio Rancho NMJuly 21, 2015
I love working here. HP takes care of their employees tremendously. They offer excellent benefits. They offer a good amount of paid time off and Vacation. They even give you 10 days per year of back up care for your children or elderly parents
good company to grow
Production Associate for HP Servers (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
A very decent and peaceful work environment. We do our job perfectly and every day get appreciation for the job we do, and no harrassment
Loved My Clients, My Peers and My Immediate Managers
Program/Project Manager IV (Former Employee), Home BasedJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Professional Environment with Established Processes That Generally Worked
Cons: Sinking Ship; Non-competitive Pay, No Cell Phone or Internet Reimbursement, though required for my job
I joined HP to support a multi-year Network Outsourcing deal, first as a contractor, then a year later, worked for HP directly. When I joined HP, I took at 40% pay hit for the same work I'd been doing as a contractor, but as an employee I did receive benefits and paid vacation. I REALLY liked my HP direct Manager and my 2nd line Manager; had very little contact with those above that level. My peers were also seasoned professionals. Many had come from EDS and were verbal about how the company/their job experience had taken a dive after EDS was acquired by HP, but not having had the EDS experience, I was generally quite happy at HP. That said, I trained a LOT of overseas people to replace me, as HP tried to lower their resources costs (this was very expensive in the end!). My main complaint with HP was the feeling of being on a sinking ship, given the announcement of future job cuts in the US. Also, the CEO seemed to be unnecessarily vocal in the political sphere - I received monthly email asking me to support a conservative cause or donate to a PAC fund, yet as an employee, I had signed a required doc saying I would not use my company PC, time or efforts to support political activity... Anyway, it was a good gig for several years, until the contract was lost to a lower-cost provider.
Productive and fun work place
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 20, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. It was a great exprinence simply because i learned new things that i can use within my new work field as a medical biller.
Headquarters