HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,694 reviews matching the search
Large company atmosphere
QA Automation Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 30, 2017
HP had a good work/life balance with time off for unexpected problems and rare cases where working overtime was required. Their benefits were equal to others of their size, although slowly being eaten away. Job security was always a concern. Advancement required moving to another group. The management was questionable as some seemed to be unqualified. Job culture was standard Agile scrum.
Great place
TECHNICAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 30, 2017
I worked under enterprise services until the company split. Management was great and always looked to help out. The only bad thing is the lack of training or willing to pay for certifications
Better than the call center
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 30, 2017
More casual environment but they never stopped adding things to your duties that weren't part of the original contract. Never once do they offer to increase your pay for all the extra tasks expected regularly of you. They also tell you they will move you up when the position opens but never do. When you start to ask why, they fire you without warning.
Working Enviroment
Linux System Administrator/DevOps (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2017
You get to meet alot of smart people that will help accelerate your learning curve. When you come with what you expect that their are people who will introduce you to more proprietary cooler technologies
Executive leadership doesn't care about employees
Project Manager/Team Lead/Migration Lead/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 29, 2017
From the top leadership does not care about employees based in the USA. They are constantly letting American workers go so they can utilize lower-cost employees in other countries.

Salaries are very low and pay increases are nearly non-existent. I have never received a raise and I don't really know anyone who has in recent years.

The health benefits were very good until this past year, when rates were almost doubled.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home on occasion.
Cons
To many to mention, no job security, low pay, no raises, etc.
Great Place To Be Employed
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
I currently support two V.Ps as well as four Directors and their whole teams. In all I support around 20 people. The environment is face paced and very educational. I am thankful for the experience and knowledge that I have received while I have been employed here.
Pros
One of the largest tech firms in the world
Cons
Contract
productive
Process Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMarch 28, 2017
worked from 10 to 6 am. night shift good to work in even though we had a boss it felt as if we had freedom to listen to music and in so doing we worked better in this shift. we produced more then the other shifts. The management was very cool and the atmosphere was professional and hip. i cant say there was a hard part of the job cause there wasn't it was always fun being able to work the machines and partners to keep production going.
Pros
night shift was fun, every friday one coworker would bring food coworkers of their area
Cons
temporary job
Fulfilling work with not much opportunity for career or compensation growth
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MiramarMarch 28, 2017
Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits. Limited opportunity for advancement. The employees are great to work with, and management is very accessible.
Pros
Opportunity to work from home.
Cons
Limited raises, promotions
Low pay for the position
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
Not a bad company to work for. Some issues may be that anytime any organization gets so large it begins to adopt excessive amounts of policy and procedures which sometimes becomes to redundant causing twice the amount of work.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
SLA's are unreasonable
Job
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
By far the worst job ever! I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. The managers are all about favoritism and if your a minority goodluck because they will layoff in a heartbeat.
Team excellent and environment also
Manual Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis USAMarch 27, 2017
Amazing experience in all aspects .My team was united and supportive.We had excellent productivity and no doubt about it I miss the most.I had wonderful job in my hands to grow my career.
Nothing Special
Sales Architect (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with the job but sometimes sales quotas can be a bit high. The call volume is a little high also and training materials can be some what missing which makes you learn on the fly.
Lost touch with customers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 27, 2017
You are responsible to work issues with minimal support from management which stand behind products and major issues. They have lost the focus of a company; customer satisfaction. There has been a year over year decline in employee moral.
Pros
Co-workers are very helpful
Cons
Work life balance non-existant.
Good Company
Relationship Account Manager, PSG Midmarket (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 26, 2017
HP is great to work for due to perks... benefits are great, along with the amenities depending on which location you are at. The downfall to working for such a large company was the continued realignments and reorgs of departments. Job security was never good.
Mature to decling business
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 26, 2017
Lots of ad hoc type work and good people to work with. Can be a grind with long days and sometimes weekends. Overall a good place with lots of challenging work.
Great company
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  MOUMarch 26, 2017
Solid company with some great innovation. There are a lot of very talented people working there and many of VITRIA solutions are outstanding.

Cons

I was part of the Sales organization and there were too many reorgs and changes. We would be held to deliverables with no acknowledgement of the disruption of the reorgs to meeting those deliverables. The sales plan wasn't very good.
assembley
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
assembly
line was different fast paced and steady. you have to stay focused in order to get the jib done and you are on your feet long periods of time in one spot
Good experience working for a matrix organization
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
I was lucky to get a good manager. I think your experience is dependent upon who you report to. Great cafeteria and good benefits.
Interns get to participate in fun programs like picnics, bbq, happy hours, etc.
Easy to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2017
The Job doesn't have VTO and PTO
The job is easy but the people are hard to work with. And some of the workers are considered lazy.
But overall I like the hours
Working Environment
Asset Retrieval Coordinator/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
I am busy from the time I begin work in the morning until I leave in the evening. I normally work through my lunch to ensure additional responsibilities are taken care of. The work place culture is very professional. The most difficult part of my job is retrieving the equipment from those who possess it. I enjoy my working with my co-workers most of us have been here for a least 5 years or more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.