HP
3,121 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Involved ecommerce web application development
Order Management & CIS (Former Employee), AustinNovember 6, 2014
It is proprietary ecommerce web application used sell HP printers and laptops for big corporates. Used Spring IOC ,JSON,Restful web services, SOAP web services Junit and spring jdbc template for perisistance layer.
Cube Farm, not the best work environment
EDI Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: task oriented
Cons: job security
OK to work but not the ideal environment. No visible upward mobility for me.
Customer Advocate for Infomercial stuff
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Boise IDNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free wi fi, free gym, cool co workers
Cons: the job sucked
I may off been to old for that type of work. But it was basically low wages and getting yelled out 8 hours a day. Perfect job for an 18 year old not somebody in their 30s.
fun job
Test Technician (Current Employee), Wilmington, MANovember 4, 2014
Job requires to set factory default and clear customer data in equipment.
Throw innovation under the bus
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), houston, txNovember 4, 2014
Everything is now focused on getting rid of the PC business as quickly as possible and simply branding someone else's product with an HP logo.
Professional work place
Information System Security Office Support (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2014
Great company to work for, aside from the HP sites not working at our customer site I enjoyed working under this company.
TEMS Product Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 4, 2014
• Extensive knowledge of telecom contracts, products, services, inventory and invoices.
• Inventory Management
• Analyze / Audit the detailed monthly fixed wire-line/land-line and fiber-optic data lines detail records and related costs to verify that we are being charged correct rates; to determine if we should select a more cost effective plan, and – more... communicate concerns to managers.
• Experience with Local Exchange Company (LEC) major account support including: large telecommunications company billing systems and support procedures; telecommunications service codes and how/which services work together; major billing system conversion platforms; and web-based account management tools such as billing structures and hierarchies.
• Disciplined with various detail expense examinations of the elements or structure of telecommunications expenses, cost savings projects and contract requirements. – less
Excellent workplace
Hyperscale Manufacturing Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, excellent benefits, bonuses, 401k
Respectful and priority oriented work environment.
Excellent and transparent management with good benefits and collaborative employees.
Meeting deadlines and executing flawlessly was the most rewarding part of working at HP.
Good first job out of college
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee), Conway ArNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: no organization, process changes daily, most parts of the job are out of your control
For a first job out of college the pay and benefits are pretty good.
Progressive company dedicated to doing the right thing in the right way to achieve results
PMO Leader Sales IT (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: fair compensation and employee treatment in general is good.
Cons: management not aligned, general direction of the company fluctuates, business group alignment lacking
Managed various initiatives ensuring project plans are accurately defined, resources are aligned and executive management is adequately informed of progress.
Good Place To Grow
LEAD IT HELP DESK ENGINEER (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 4, 2014
HP is a good place to grow your skills, and to network yourself. Those are the two, of the three (pay), main advantages to working at HP.
Had not so good experience
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 3, 2014
Most of the work is done through remote, not much to learn. Not much challenge in the job. The work is monotonous.
bad leadership, company too big...
Software Engineer (Current Employee), MANovember 3, 2014
Pros: free snacks, workers very nice and funny
Cons: less people = work harder... no new hires unless india who do not have the expertise
The worker is just a number, not a person. The company is too big and listens to the next VP claiming the next 'big idea' then leaves the company with golden parachute, as the workers suffered. They continue to offshore jobs to India with poor quality individuals Focus on product lines get lost and no one to take control. A mega size ship with no Captain.
Company is failing
Software Developer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: company is failing
Poorly defined objectives. Bad attitude. No development tools.
Good place to start
Senior Product Support Engineer (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJNovember 1, 2014
Product support for Records Management software.
Can be an instable place to work with so many people. Was laid off with 40,000 other people in a workforce reduction.
Very fun place to work if you are a young Tech
Desktop Support Specialists (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2014
I would definitely recommend HP to my certified friends and family to work.
Stable Environment
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 30, 2014
Spent a considerable amount of career w/ HP and it was largely in part due to the culture and compassion of the culture. While it wasn't EDS, it remains one of my favorite cultures to reference.
NA
Project Manager/Developer/Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2014
I am not willing to particiapte in desicrating this company. Very high turn over ratio. I am still employed with this company so I am thankful that I have a check coming in.
Innovative company with talented employees and uncompromising integrity
Communications Manager III (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great salary and benefits package, career path for individual contributors.
Cons: long hours and layoffs as the industry continues to change.
Dynamic environment with lots of variety and new challenges.
Great product but leadership is weak.
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2014
Pros: freedom to make my own schedule.
Cons: no job security.
As a Enterprise Account Manager, I gained extensive experience in C-Level relationship building, Enterprise Account management, Solution Selling, Product Marketing, Pipeline Management and Supply Chain Processes. My co-workers and I were extremely cohesive with the handling of our accounts. The hardest part of my job was telling my customer that they – more... cant get their product because HP has it back-ordered. The most rewarding part of my job was solving business needs for my customers. – less

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more