HP
2,415 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Leveraged
ITO SVC Delivery Consultant III (Current Employee), raleigh, ncJune 3, 2014
Good team work to achieve a common goal. Some educational opportunities available.
Its a great organization. Currently undergoing a major reorg. So job is not secured.
Business Analyst / Solution Architect (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2014
Its a great organization. Currently undergoing a major reorg. So job security is not great. But this should be taken care off by end of FY 2015.
Fast pace and demanding
Response Center Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
HP provides good training for your skills needed. You work with Management very much. You have a lot of customer interaction.
Fast moving and fun place to work
Lead Informatica MDM Consultant (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 2, 2014
Every day presents an opportunity to learn something new. People believe in getting things done which promotes productivity.
Management was detached any voice opinions or input was ignored.
Service Delivery Rep V (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2014
Pros: free to work tickets with out interference.
Cons: no career advancement and pay kept getting reduced.
Loved the job, my peers and interfacing with the customer. Management above me had no idea about anything I did day to day. The were paper pushers and had no technical experience at all.
Great place
IT Engineer II (Current Employee), Cyberjaya, MalaysiaJune 2, 2014
HP is great place to work. Lots of opportunities in term of career growth.
Good place to work and Friendly environment.
(HP) - Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), HoustonJune 1, 2014
Pros: nice and friendly environment
Cons: people get preferences here though they don't know any work.
Its a nice place to work because of friendly environment. If u get lucky you will get good supervisor and coordinators like me.
Flexible company
ScrumMaster\Resource Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility, many projects
Working and managing employees and working with clients. Managing and scheduling events. Attending weekly Steering Committee Meetings providing status and updates to client.
Assemble, manage, and coordinate project staff and project resource allocation. Work with Vendors and Suppliers for resource management.
Interesting mix of job duties working for number one printer manufacturer.
Trainer/Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 31, 2014
Customers called with printing or operational problems relating to their large format printers. I learned to be proficient in diagnosing and resolving customer problems. Management was responsive and supportive. Co-workers were able and dedicated. I mastered that job....it was not difficult. I enjoyed resolving printing problems and/or getting customer – more... equipment up and running as quickly as possible. – less
Good Place at the time
Research & Development Process Executioner (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 31, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: unstable
I enjoyed by job and teams I worked with while I was there. Since they have made too many changes and all of my past co-workers have lost there jobs. Stability was never the main priority for the company. We were forced to take time off, and when projects were slow fear of job security ran throughout. But it was one of the best jobs I ever had at the – more... peak. – less
Unmstabale place to work. Great people to work with,
Operation Lead Network Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: management
unable to keep management in place. Very unstalable work place
Good Place to work
Customer Program/Project Manager III (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 30, 2014
Many opportunity’s to grow your career. Many team members were located around the globe and it was a great opportunity to learn other cultures.
HP Enterprise Services
Security Operations Engineer (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 29, 2014
Cons: too many hours and no reward for commitment or investment of personal time
I liked the people and the work, unfortunately can't agree with the management. Perhaps it's just the way the Bank of America contract was managed and I'm sure some of the problems were actually because the customer was BoA. In general, great people to work with.

Invested a lot in 2011 to recreate my career with HP and ended up working 7/24 with no – more... bonus. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do when a company is losing money. – less
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2014
I enjoyed working here.
I grew and learnt a lot in a friendly envirement
Excellence work enviroment
SOMS/ERMS Mentor (Former Employee), Coalinga, CAMay 28, 2014
Working with HP was fun, They trust that you understood your job and that you would be adult enough to do it. The Respect that they displayed and the trust was outstanding.
Good diverse & global company that does have some disadvantages
IT Knowledge Management Specialist (Current Employee), USAMay 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, ability to work from home, diverse
Cons: compensation, job security, management involvement (or lack of)
The best part of the job is the ability to work from any location, including home. Since the company is a global one, most of the people I interact with on a daily basis are overseas. But we make use of email, IM, conference calls, video conference, etc to interact and communicate. That is what makes the job exciting.

Being a global company does have – more... its disadvantages. Work hours may need to shift due to timezone differences when meetings are needed. Also, when management is overseas, there is less involvement and direction at times. Mid and end of year reviews can be a challenge because those seem to be the only times when management has any communication with employees.

Like most company's, HP is looking at the bottom line. More and more work is getting moved overseas...cheaper labor equals cost savings. Therefore, job security is not high. However, if you have valuable skills, they will be utilized.

Overall, HP is a good company. It's not perfect, but my career with them has been enjoyable and I have met some amazing people along the way. – less
Federal Consulting and Services
Practice Principal / Program-Project Manager (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMay 28, 2014
Great place to work; many corporate solutions to leverage; competitive field
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no work/life balance
Fun environment with a lot of great employees. Executive management is good now, but has had some issues over the years. Job security in the hardware business is some-what non-existent, though. Quotas get higher and higher, while sales incentives seem to deteriorate.
productive and fun workplace
Technical Functional Area Leader / Developer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: not the best salary
Good company to get experience, not a place to grow but a really good place to learn about everything.
Amazing culture and company!
Sales Information Coordinator III (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 24, 2014
Pros: everything! excellent working environment, support, employee moral, wages
Cons: etw, few full-time direct hire positions available
Overall, HP is probably the best 'inbound' call-center job I've every had in the past 5 years. It was a transition from technical support to sales, although I have a background in both. The company was terrific, even though I worked for them as an ETW (employed temporary worker) through Manpower; my sub-contractor.
The training was excellent as was – more... "new product" training prior to product launches, seasonal sales, and the "cross-training" for add-on items to up-sale (such as computer security, software programs, accessories, etc). In addition, they offered the opportunity to become Certified with Microsoft and Intel.
At least once a month, employees were able to meet with various suppliers, in both a classroom setting and on a one-to-one basis, to learn about their product's background and how the product or service would benefit the customer, listen to their pitches, ask questions, and experience their products first hand.
The supervising staff (Supervisors and Managers) were the best I've ever encountered. Everyone was extremely supportive and they were always there to answer any questions or offer advice on closing a sale. The "one-on-one's" for feed-back with your supervisor were always productive and not condescending; even if you have made a mistake, it was gently pointed out and you moved forward. (like when I said "Welcome to Apple Technical Support"...ooops!)
For incentives, in addition to "spiffs," the company offered daily, weekly, and monthly contests for cash and prizes.
The employees were never 'micro-managed;" you were given a certain amount of autoimmunity to make decisions based on your own judgement to close a sale.
As if employee moral wasn't already strong, in addition to excellent wages, spiffs, bonus and contests, the company and their various suppliers sponsored catered lunches about once a month from 4 star restaurants, "Premier" movie nights for employees and a guest (before a movie was open to the public) including food court vouchers, family outings to the Zoo and the company supported several non-profit organizations and activities.
Since I was an ETW (contract worker) I didn't receive the benefit package offered to HP Direct hire employees, though I've been told it is one of the best ones out there.
Unfortunately, there were few positions available for an ETW to transfer (or to be hired) as a 'blue badge' direct hire employee.
I was sad when my 'contract' ended and was required to leave. If I am ever given the opportunity to work for this company again, I would do it in a heart beat.
HP is the BEST inbound call (sales) center I've EVER worked for! – less

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more