HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,682 reviews matching the search
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  INMarch 13, 2017
Highly supportive management who believes in building talents and provide guidance and training to achieve greater results. Quarterly team meetings with higher management allowed us to share feedback about the company and reporting manager.
not good
Internal Audit, Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
I like the people I work with; average work day is 8 to 5pm; good place to work if you don't want to work hard and just collect a paycheck; don't recommend working here
Not A fun Place to Work
IT Help Desk Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 11, 2017
Job is stressful. Management is uneducated. Bunch of young folks who doesn't have a clue of their jobs. Butt kissers and will stab each others to get ahead.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Will keep your mind refreshed
Devops Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 10, 2017
Have worked for HP / Hewlett Packard Enterprise. HP/HPE have fantastic work cultures with world class practices around diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, ethics, and career advancement. Work is engaging and challenging. Employees are rewarded for exemplary performance. HP/HPE foster highly engaging work environments that foster teaming and productivity
Large mature company that seems to have lost it's way.
Global Technical Account Delivery Executive (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 10, 2017
Service delivery just wasn't in the cards for HP. After the EDS acquisition HP started to loose its identity in the market place. Slowly M&A after M&A No one knew if there were still a manufacturing organization or a service delivery tech org trying to compete with big blue.
Pros
Great place to learn about the politics of big IT business
Cons
Bad place to learn about the politics of big IT business
Large Enterprise IT house
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2017
I found many very smart people who worked hard for this company. Good teams and hard work combined for large complex IT enterprise projects. Specialization was in datacenters.
The people were great to work with
Business Process Analyst, CFS Billing OPs, Synergy (Former Employee) –  Loveland COMarch 10, 2017
HP was great to work for until new upper management stepped in and everything changed. We were treated very well and received good salary increases each year.
Pros
work place culture was good, management listened to our concerns
Cons
HP split into 2 companies
Productive and fun workplace
HP Invent (GBS) as a Senior Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Bagmane tech parkMarch 10, 2017
Flexible work timings. Learnt a lot in terms of client management and latest technology in Analytics. A common corporate culture where one can participate in various social activities and sports. Knowledge management is poor, very difficult to get the right information easily. Gives an opportunity to try this yourself and learn in the process. No limit for creative thought process.
A great company with great working environment
Research Specialist/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 9, 2017
Through HP's funded projects with Purdue, I was able to work with cost-reduction team to develop multiple approaches to evaluate and identify potential opportunities to reduce the cost of service and support of call centers. I have learned to place customer satisfaction as the core value of the service center and worked alongside with call center agents to ensure the delivery of service excellence.
Pros
A top tier company that you strive to work for, a very friendly workplace.
Cons
Not applicable
wanted to go to work
Commercial Printer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln,CAMarch 9, 2017
great place. treated like a real human being. Learned alot about fixing hewlett packard business printers, distributing parts, inventoring parts and great caring people
Pros
cafeteria, your own work station, and radio
Cons
metal detectors to exit through at the end of the day
blah
Novell Support Engineer Europe and The Americas (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 9, 2017
Typically I am called upon to help customers with existing problems or design new solutions including the plan to migration from old to new networks.

I enjoy helping customers design scalable and redundant networks.
I firmly believe in keeping network design simple, standardized and well documented.
Nerve Racking
Remote Desktop Management (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 7, 2017
Tons of turn over and new added responsibility. Walking through the door each day not knowing if you have a job or not. Will it be out sourced, will there be another merger. The job has plenty of potential and looks like a great opportunity, but with all of the upper management and poor decisions, made this a job that aged me.
Pros
The largest IT company in the world
Cons
Compensation, poor management, no accountability
Technological workplace
Electric Technician (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMarch 7, 2017
HP has a good reputation in its electronic products, one of the best company in printers and for that reason I want to be part of one of the best in the world
Pros
good payment
Cons
nothink
Little chance for advancement
Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 6, 2017
Very unfair compensation equity. Indispensable employees are blocked from moving to other positions. Some salaried employees put in minimal effort while others work long hours because they are the capable ones. Personnel with minimal technical skills are promoted.
Pros
Work hours are reasonably flexible for salaried employees.
Cons
High employee contribution to company benefits.
VERY large corporate environment
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 6, 2017
HPE is a huge company, and acts as such. Roles are very clearly defined and don't step out of your boundaries. Slow to adopt change and no longer is a company of innovation.
Pros
Good people
Cons
VERY difficult to find information internally
good people good work environment
IT Server Lab Administrator (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 4, 2017
Good people and a quick paced environment where you can grow if you'd like to put in the effort.

Not sure why I have to type this though so here's to a 20 word minimum
Call Center
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 3, 2017
Acquired knowledge regarding new products/services
Supervisors needed training, but upper management were professional.
Pros
Hewlett Packard as a company
Cons
Offshore customer service-common complaint
Working as a contractor at HP
Administrative Assistant IV - (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
I one position, I really enjoyed working as an Admini Asst. in the Procurement Department for HPE. After the split I worked at HP, Inc. and the culture was work, work, work. Even on the weekends at home I had to be on call for the 5 Directors I worked under. I had Directors in Houston as well as California. I had to be available from 7am to 9pm. The culture was quite different from when I worked at Compaq.
Pros
Given a laptop to work
Cons
Had to take laptop home to be on call 24/7 as an administrative assistant
Production Operator and Technician (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work we start from scratch to finish the product to be sold to the customer. I have learned in many areas within manufacturing. Management is more or less friendly. The culture within the work is healthy, there is companionship and work is done to achieve the goal that is to satisfy the client. The hardest part of the job is that you have to work many hours standing and not rotate people so that the work is not repetitive and in turn do not make mistakes in the workstation.
Lots of changes and opportunities (if you live far north houston)
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMarch 2, 2017
Overall, the company provides good opportunities for those willing to reach for them, but the work/life balance (especially adding the commute as a factor) is a significant struggle if you do not work for an "Americas Region" specific area and/or do not reside on the outskirts of North Houston.

The HP CEO is very dynamic and has been a nice change from before the company split into two. Upper management does appear to listen to concerns raised through annual feedback. Now that the company is smaller, things are getting accomplished much faster.

HP is currently located in Tomball, while the current address shows Houston, one street over is where Tomball starts. At one point in time, there was an option for teleworking, however there was a change and teleworking is no longer allowed. Unless you live in close proximity - the traffic and distance should be a serious consideration before applying. Unfortunately, this still shows up in searches for Houston, but please map the location before applying.

As mentioned in local newspapers, the company is moving further north of Houston, almost to the Woodlands. It is a good company and if you are able to move or live in far North Houston or if you live in the Woodlands, I would recommend. Anyone south of FM1960 that would rather not have at least 1 hour commute for the upcoming location, you might want to consider other options.

The most enjoyable part has been interfacing and collaborating with teams from all over the world. The culture has changed for the positive but remains a cubicle maze with thin barriers and
  more... lack of noise control.

For most, the day consists of a mixture of conference calls and a few face to face meetings. There are efforts to do activities and there are several programs to help employees. Most people are tied to their desk and sitting - but there is an onsite gym and walking areas ... if you can get away long enough.

I was content at the company until the teleworking option was removed company-wide. Since I do not live in NW or North Houston, the commute and enforcement back to the office became more of a negative than all the positives available. My primary reason for leaving was that working global hours and on conference calls all day there was no need to drive 60-mile commute to do conference calls and then come home to do more calls at night.
Pros
Many options for career development
Cons
Long commute times for those living in Houston proper

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.