COME JOIN THE HPS TEAM AND HELP US GROW
HPS Mechanical has an immediate need for a Project Manager with experience in Public Works for the City of San Diego.
SUMMARY: Provides overall management direction for plumbing, piping,and site utility projects, and develops new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans, organizes, and staffs field positions through the general superintendent.
- Establishes project profit and production objectives, policies, procedures, safety, and performance standards within the boundaries of company policies.
- Follows company job start up procedures, coordinates administrative needs with the project assistants, coordinates materials purchasing, equipment, vehicle, and tool needs with the purchasing manager.
- Initiates and maintains liaison with prime clients and architect/engineer contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitors and controls construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendents.
- Ensures that projects are built on schedule and within budget. Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures.
- Reads blueprints, plans and specifications, and reviews contracts/subcontracts for compliance with the scope of work bid. Prepares spreadsheets that detail additional costs related to change orders and price requests.
- Assists in the preparation and reviews all project submittals and O&M manuals.
- Represents the company in project meetings, assists in labor negotiations and strategy meetings, etc.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts (prepares monthly cost to complete budgets, applications for payment, approves rental equipment, expenses, purchasing invoices, etc.) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with clients.
- Participates in Management Team meetings, provides timely feedback to estimating department regarding dollars and hours bid vs. actual job costs (assists as needed with estimates).
- 10 years of Project Management Experience
- Previous Construction and Plumbing experience in a supervisory role
- 10 years of project budgeting
- Previous City of San Diego Public Works Experience
- Knowledge of The GREENBOOK, The WHITEBOOK, and City of San Diego Standard Drawings
- Construction Management degree preferred
STRONG MICROSOFT EXCEL SKILLS IS A MUST!!!
Must pass drug screen, physical, and background check. Will also need to have a current driver's license with an acceptable driving record. HPS Mechanical is an at-will company. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify. Please Fax resume to 661-617-8401.