HSBC
2,640 reviews

HSBC Employee Reviews

Excellent first job and exposure to the world of business
Senior New Account Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: good work atmosphere
I enjoyed working @ HSBC while attending college. Learned a lot about banking as a teller and new account representative. My workers and management were wonderful to work with.
Contest monthly
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYMay 19, 2015
Working at HSBC/Beneficial was a rewarding position. You were recognized for you hard work. Calling clients for personal loans and mortgages. Collecting monthly payments. Opening new and resolving any issues customers would have with there loans
Money money money
Customer Service and Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Tigard, ORMay 17, 2015
They were focused only on the money. No regard for it's customers nor it's employees. Just get the money. Just collect the dollars.
Productive enviorment
DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: Income
Cons: long days
A typical day is spent making out bound calls, closing loans, and taking applications. Learned a great deal, Management was effective, co-workers were great to work with, hardest part was the long days, enjoyable part was the bonus checks
Good life-work balance with a terrible culture
AML Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Culture, Management
Compensation and life-work balance are good. However, the culture of the company and management are horrible. Was forced to look for another position mainly based on the culture and people relations.
worked for the company for 24 years
Administrative Loan Adjuster (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 12, 2015
When i left HSBC I was a loan adjustor doing back end collections.
I worked many different positions at the customer service, payment processing, data entry. I am fimillar with many of the bank laws
Decent company, lots of strife.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 12, 2015
People in different departments play petty politics when you ask for help, often trying to impress you with the fact that they have access to systems you don't, and make it extremely difficult to get your job done. Most employees do not speak English. Benefits are decent though.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILMay 10, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits and pay
Cons: Selling products after servicing each call.
The managers and reps are very nice and friendly. Willing to help. It was highly motivated environment. Only downfall is working weekends and selling products after servicing each call.
productive
Sr. PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
A joke.
Any (Former Employee), Depew, NYMay 7, 2015
HSBC Depew Is/was a straight up joke. Managers don't care about their employees. They would rather make/take personal calls during work hours than actually help one of their employees. Job hours started off great, but then with very short notice were changed. They treat their horrible offshore team like kings and their onshore team like peasants. Good riddance.
Daily team prizes
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Lunches
Cons: Closing of the company
company meetings with upper management lots and lots of new employee training. The job could be stressful but its collections so
we made it fun.
Learning experience that will stay with me.
Credit Default Management Specialist (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILMay 4, 2015
Negotiated payment arrangements to cure accounts.Learned how to excel and reach my goal. Management had new monthly training..Alwasys had a open door policy.
Great environment and motivational
Mortgage Services Specialist Adjustor (Current Employee), Brandon, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Not meeting goals
It is challengeable which makes it interesting while putting customers always first.
It is an every day learning experience due to the new financial reforms .
Management always willing to go the extra mile.
Coworkers always looking out for helping each other. Good cohesion and team work.
The hardest part is learning and adopting the new government mandated law and regulations.
Meeting our daily, weekly, and monthly goals are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Profissional with a high sense of customer service
Business and Operational Risk & Controls Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Profissionalism, high sense of customer service, cooperation from and regards to internal clients.
Cons: It's a global company, so the different time zones can be a problem sometime.
This is a very professional, world class company that is a leader in its segment. It is very enjoyable to work in a place where with such a high sense of customer service. In my line of work no two days are alike and that is just fine with me.
Productive and fun place to work for
Correspondence CS Representative (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILMay 1, 2015
Pros: great incentive program for employees
I loved working for HSBC the pay was excellent, although my job was shipped overseas I would work for this company again with no hesitation.
Collections
Adjustor/Collector (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 30, 2015
• Handle and reviewed collection activities of 30 to 210 days delinquent accounts, prior to charge off for adherence to Bank policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance of laws and regulations are adhered according to HSBC policy.
• Counsel customers verbally and in writing in effort to collect, to bring past due accounts current to prevent charge off.

The calls were tough; but once you got into your flow, things got easier.

Co- workers were fun and nice to get along with.
Productive Fast Paced Environment
Relationship Officer (Current Employee), 452 5th Ave NY, NY 10018April 29, 2015
Excellent Banking Organization that cares about their finances, well controlled Compliance environment in order to justify clients
great place
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: demanding to meet goals
Great place to start if you looking to get into banking. Managers are willing to teach you and make it possible for you to succeed.
Good place to start a career in the banking industry.
International Banking Officer (Former Employee), Paris, La DefenseApril 24, 2015
Very challenging as I had to meet deadlines to open business and private accounts while following red tape and banking requirements varying from country to country.
Enjoyed interacting with customers and selling our products and services.
A stepping stone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Co-Op City, NYApril 24, 2015
HSBC was a stepping stone in my life and career. It was great being a member; I got a long very well with my peers and management was excellent. I enjoyed coming to work every day at HSBC because every day I learned something new.

1 2 3 4 5

About HSBC

HSBC Bank Canada is a banking and financial services company. It has three segments: Personal Financial Services, Commercial Banking – Read more

HSBC Salaries