HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 2,061 reviews matching the search
Very diverse company
Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brandon flSeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work for however they chose to shut down my site. They truly believe in diversity and work/life balance. Excellent PTO program and other benefits.
Subordinations (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Working at HSBC was a great place to work. My thoughts & opinions were valued. There were many online / classroom classes that I could register for to improve myself and grow. Our managers took the initiative to talk to us & find out what our goals were & helped us to achieve them.
Pros
great benefits, time off, hours, relaxed atmosphere, kind of like a family environment
Cons
lower pay
can be fun but ver challenging
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Can be different, especially if changes are made. Hard to compete with other banks, limited footprint and offices tend not to work in tune with each other.
Pros
very convinient especially if going to school
Cons
short breaks, very slow pace
Great Company
Senior Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2017
Enjoyed working environment and pay was on par with job requirements. Excellent bonus scale. Management was responsive to needs. Changes were implemented at a steady pace.
fun and exciting workplace with cafeteria and gym
Collection specialist (Former Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 20, 2017
i loved the job very much.i didn't want to quit but i got really sick and had too.
we had paid time off which i loved
We also got rewarded in a lot of ways for a job well done
we had company get togethers and played games and did other interesting things
Cons
a break if we needed it even though it wasn't our break time
stay away
Test Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 20, 2017
you never know what will happen next. no commitment to the US. Most work is offshore and they are looking to offshore even more. Managers leave something to be desired, they stab you in the back.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
stress, managers, upper management ignorance
Very detailed to clients and productive enviroment
GLCM Client Service Officer-AVP (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 19, 2017
The clients were not divided evenly on the team. The managers were never avaiable to assistance. Worked as a team with no micro management from the Management Team.
Mortgages
Loan Servicing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I loved working for HSBC. Unfortunately, the line of business that I worked for was closed and it caused a massive layoff. I will miss the people I worked with. My only issue is that the management had a direct influence on your advancement in the company. And training was close to no existent.
fast paced
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Managed income and outgoing shipment of money. Supervised 4 tellers, processed withdrawals, deposits, & credit card payments. The environment was a very fast paced work placed.
Pros
Meeting new clients
Cons
There is no cons
Nothing to say
QAC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
I originally worked for Beneficial. HSBC purchased the company then closed all the finance office putting hundreds of people out of work.
I enjoyed what I did as a QACS.
na
AML Test Analyst, Testing Team Lead & Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Nice company to work. New technologies are introduced. Job security is little less these days. Work culture is maintained good. Overall HSBC is good place to work.
A hard days work -
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2017
My typical day at work was to answer the many demanding requests. Most consisted of fallout from poor processes and management of systems. When you spoke up about change, there was little flexibility.

In the end, the IT jobs in the US are being moved to India.
Productive, and fun place to work for, and always giving you recognition.
Fraud Rep/CSR III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2017
Helping people with their accounts. Making payments, doing balance transfers, assisting with credit limit increases. Taking escalated calls. Taking and Fraud and Investigating the account as well. Helped trained new members of the HSBC Family with any questions, and or concerns.
Pros
Great Place to work for. Flexible.
Cons
Was bought out by Capital ONE.
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Very stressful environment. There is a lot of pressure to make sales at all times. They are not flexible and give you little training assistance. Will not recommend.
Challenging place to work
Global Risk Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Demanding and rewarding place to work. New things always occurring which involved working as a Team. Management watch your back and provided guidance.
Excellent Place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Saranac Lake, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Was a great place to work. I had amazing co-workers and boss. I learned alot in the short time that I was there and took my knowledge to my next job.
good place
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 14, 2017
the most challenging work environment, can project yourself can shar e things, wonderful workplace, excellent management, hectic work hours too much production
Pros
challenging
Cons
timings
It was a good Experience working in the Bank
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2017
It was a good Experience working in the financial industry. The Network Team was just amazing always supporting and helping each other. The manager was our stress buster.
Great company
ICC Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 13, 2017
This was a very competitive company also friendly but you had to be a hard worker to be able to meet your monthly goals and meet the basic standard of the job to be successful.
Pros
Monthly lunches
Cons
Hour lunches
They use you and lose you
Sr. Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 13, 2017
This company (bank) treats their employees like tools. They will drop you as soon as it becomes convenient for them. Their goal is to off shore every job so they can pay lower salaries and avoid contributing to healthcare. They seem to dislike Americans since even in the US they hire people from mostly different cultures. They are constantly downsizing and you never knew when your turn would come up. It was a very stressful way to have to work. Management does not show any appreciation for their employees. Upper management is absolutely clueless as to what is going on. If they approach you, run as fast as you can in the other direction. I wouldn't even recommend this employer to someone I disliked.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, Upper management is clueless, Middle management is afraid to speak up for their employees, overwork due to layoffs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.