HTG Molecular Diagnostics (www.htgmolecular.com) is a molecular diagnostics company based in Tucson, AZ. HTG Molecular was founded as a life sciences company in 1997 - the mission was to develop a universal molecular biology-based platform that would improve the pharmaceutical drug discovery process. This novel technology is known as qNPA. Since that time, HTG Molecular has expanded the utility of the qNPA technology into the fields of gene expression profiling, translational medicine and clinical research. Applications include the measurement of mRNA and miRNA in a variety of sample types, especially in formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue.
HTG Molecular has a large menu of array components and is continuously adding more to support CLIA labs in custom array assays. HTG Molecular is developing proprietary gene expression assays for a variety of tissue types and disease states. The company is leveraging its proprietary and patented qNPA technology that is highly advantaged in working with FFPE and other biological specimens for mRNA and miRNA expression.
We recently launched a new platform - The HTG Molecular Diagnostics EDGE system is the first fully automated instrumentation designed for research and clinical laboratories that offers extraction-free gene expression results requiring limited FFPE tissue samples.
We are looking for a Field Engineering Specialist that lives in the Boston, Philadelphia, or Washington D.C. area.
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Interfaces with Leadership on new product design to include testing, implementation, installation and support of software, instrumentation, and applications.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
- Documents and addresses customer complaints following FDA guidelines.
- Ensure field service reports are closed in a timely manner.
- Supports Sales Team on difficult to resolve technical issues.
- Facilitate, coordinate, or conduct technical training as needed.
- Give presentations to a variety of audiences.
- On-call support may be required.
Minimum Job and Qualification Requirements:
- BS in BioMedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related; combination of education and/or experience can be substituted for the degree
- Must be proficient with the design, operation, and test of electromechanical equipment
- Must be able to travel to customer sites regularly – 75%+ travel on a weekly basis.
- Experience with IVD equipment desired
- 5 years experience in an engineering support role - demonstrating troubleshooting and repair of software, electronic, mechanical, or computer devices.
- Experience with FDA regulations desired.
Indeed - 13 months ago