Come join our world-class team evaluating, in-licensing and developing novel Chinese therapeutic
product opportunities for international development.
HUYA Bioscience International is a leader in enabling and accelerating the global co-development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China. With the largest Chinese compound database covering all therapeutic areas, HUYA has emerged as the partner-of-choice for building and maximizing the value of biopharmaceutical innovation from China. HUYA is jointly headquartered in San Diego, CA, and Shanghai, PRC.
In the continued development of our biopharmaceutical product portfolio, HUYA is seeking a self motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment to take an active role as an Assistant Controller. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for multiple accounting areas that include overseeing payroll, accounts receivables, accounts payables, monthly journal entries, international subsidiary accounting, and a variety of other accounting projects.
Primary Responsibilities,(duties include but are not limited to):
- Pay vendors via wire payments/transfers
- Update cash position on a daily basis
- Manage spend on a monthly basis
- Complete bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Oversee Accounts Payable function
- Manage all accounting files
- Review China monthly journal entries
- Manage income tax documentation and support files
- Work with the banks on confirmation letters, Line of Credit, account management,
- Process and manage the payroll function
The successful candidate requires:
- BA in Accounting, or equivalent experience; a CPA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of financial accounting experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Excellent written/verbal English communication skills
- Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese fluently is preferred
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced and highly team-oriented environment.
- Works independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office applications, with superior Excel skills
- Ability to supervise the accounting staff and handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as part of multiple teams
- Flexibility to manage priorities in an environment of frequent change
- Comprehensive understanding of typical financial statements
- Ability to understand and perform complex accounting analysis for multiple accounting areas
- Ability to identify risks associated with multiple accounting areas
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Great Plains, and various internet applications
- Ability to travel when needed
- Ability to sit for long periods of time using a computer, or in meetings
The position is full-time and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYA’s Del Mar, CA headquarters. Interested candidates should submit resumes.
To learn more about HUYA Bioscience, please visit www.huyabio.com. HUYA Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.