Come join our world-class team evaluating, in-licensing and developing novel Chinese therapeutic product opportunities for international development.
HUYA Bioscience International is a leader in enabling and accelerating the global co-development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China. With the largest Chinese compound database covering all therapeutic areas, HUYA has emerged as the partner-of-choice for building and maximizing the value of biopharmaceutical innovation from China. HUYA is jointly headquartered in San Diego, CA, and Shanghai, PRC.
In the continued development of our biopharmaceutical product portfolio, HUYA is seeking a successful business development strategist to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be influential with outstanding negotiating skills and can quickly gain an understanding of the corporate goals and establish a strategic financial vision and plan for accomplishing them in concert with the CEO and the Executive Team.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Business Officer (CBO) will provide business development strategy and leadership to deliver strong business results. The CBO will Identify new product in-licensing, out-licensing, and partnering opportunities which align with the strategic objectives of HUYA Bioscience International. The CBO will execute on current and long-range business strategies to grow the value of the organization. The CBO works closely with the CEO and the Executive Management Team to drive strategic partnerships. .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify new product opportunities by participating in business development, clinical, and banking conferences
- Execute exploratory primary market research and analyze product sales data to gather initial insights regarding the clinical and commercial attractiveness of new product opportunities
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with HUYA team members in research, development, commercialization, finance, and legal departments
- Develop and grow a productive network of external contacts and maintain strong working relationships with industry counterparts
- Assess the pricing opportunity of new products using benchmarks, and exploratory research
- Conduct competitive intelligence to characterize the future competitive landscape for new products under evaluation
- Drive due diligence in the areas of IP, probability of technical and regulatory success, and other key factors
- Direct the activities of third parties (consultants, bankers, and other contractors) engaged to support the new product evaluation
- Prepare and present the business case based on the findings from diligence and make recommendations related to key opportunities and risks to HUYA Bioscience management
- Develop and negotiate term sheets, and identify solutions when needed to reach agreement on key deal terms
- Organize and coordinate cross-functional diligence teams and work closely with other areas of the company to complete detailed diligence
- Manage the HUYA business development database of potential new product opportunities
Education: MD, Ph.D., or MBA or equivalent experience required; science based degrees preferred.
Experience: Successful candidates must have:
- 8+ years of international strategic business development experience within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, identifying new product with in-licensing, out-licensing, and partnering opportunities
- Proven track record of success in closing deals in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Must be deeply embedded in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Ability to understand all aspects of product development and commercialization in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management, outside experts, consultants, and potential partners
- Experience in working effectively in multicultural environments
- Strong planning, organization, execution, and management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a strong orientation to effective teamwork
- Strong business acumen and analytical competence to make quality judgments regarding feasibility of new product opportunities
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a face paced environment with short timelines
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Flexible working in a fast changing environment
Overnight travel – 25%
The position is full-time and located in HUYA’s San Diego, CA headquarters.
HUYA Bioscience offers a dynamic environment and competitive compensation package. Interested candidates should submit resumes.
To learn more about HUYA Bioscience, please visit www.huyabio.com. HUYA Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.