HVAC

HVAC Employer Reviews

Working wih KBR....
MVAC Mechanic (Former Employee), Memphis.TNMarch 26, 2015
When I worked for this company, I was working in Iraq. I met, and worked with people from all over the world. It was great interacting with different cultures. It was extremely hot there, so it was very important to drink a lot of fluids.
Enjoyable learning
Laborer (Current Employee), Clinton Wisconsin areaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: outdoor work
Cons: no cons
Part time employment I did to supplement my other employment. My employer was excellent and easy to work with. Privately owned and was actually only employee.
Loved the trade not the company
Installer/Laborer (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMarch 18, 2015
Great trade to be in. really enjoyed the work, and the coworkers, the company I worked for on the other hand was unreliable and unprofessional.
Productive Workplace
Technician/Installer/Maintenance (Former Employee), Nolensville, TNMarch 11, 2015
Pros: holiday pay and bonuses
I enjoyed my experiences with Comfort Engineered Systems. It was good starting point for my career. Everyday was a new experience. The only thing I would have liked to had for opportunities.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 8, 2015
Work was routine
I learned how to use hvac gauges
Management was good
Enjoyed my co workers
Job wasnt hard
I loved waking up to go to work.
Sub contractor for bigger company like Time Warner
Service Technician/Mill Tel (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: none i can recall
Cons: see above mentioned review
Poor management, cryptic pay scales and formulas for commission based work, tools provided are sub par, expectations of employees are exceedingly high, micromanagement type culture, lo jacked vehicles and most of my co workers were either alcoholics or drug users.
Loved working in HVAC
Student (Former Employee), Alexandria, VirginiaMarch 2, 2015
I got in at 720 and worked for an hour and a half until 850. It was a course but i learned all i needed from that class i even got my EPA and OSHA certification. My classmates/ Co-workers were amazing to work with. the hardest part of the job would have to be the slow days that were boring. I loved learning though that was my favorite part about it.
Not enouoght work at times
Assistant (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: not enough work
Great boss, fun environment, but inconsistent, at times we would work very late hours, and there was no overtime or benefits.
slow and routine
Technician Specialists/Forman (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day would be showing up at 7pm and leaving at 5am. I would load and unload trucks while driving a fork lift. Then I would restock each department throughout the store.
A good place to start my career.
Installer (Former Employee), Atlanta, Ga.February 11, 2015
Pros: worked for family
Cons: worked for family
This was my fathers company where he gave me a start in the construction industry. He had good people working for him to learn from.
great place to work
Apprentice (Former Employee), Roswell, NMFebruary 5, 2015
Very family like and Christian based workforce, enjoyed the crews and the hard work everyone put in. Got doughnuts every Friday during the Safety meeting. They have a good amount of work, but it tends to be out of town, which can be hard on the family and ourselves.
Was a fantastic work environment
Laborer (Former Employee), Edwards, COFebruary 2, 2015
I was able to come in later in the day and work for however long I wanted. I would go with the guys and assist them with carrying tools then I would learn about all different kinds of refrigeration systems and the best ways to repair them. I learned about the different types of refrigerant and little trade secrets that made the job easier. My co-workers were easy to get along with and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was how refrigerators and air conditioning can freeze by having too much or not enough refrigerant, and trying to find that happy medium. I enjoyed how flexible the hours were and the people that worked there.
Clean, Organized corperation
Service Technician, Techsmart Air Conditioning (Former Employee), Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 27, 2015
I would Drive a company Vehicle to jobsite. Then I would find out from dispatcher what issues where. I then would diagnose problem with Heating/AirConditioning systems. Then If The repaires where minor I would Call supply house and get pricing and part Numbers then i would drive and pick the parts up. Then I would return and I would replace broken parts with new ones. Then I would continue that throughout the day.
Hard and rewarding, but unreliable.
Foreman (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2015
I spent 7 years working in the HVAC field and while I enjoyed the work, there were too many layoffs and I had to leave for more stable work. Most of the layoff issues were related to the economic depression so they should ease up as the economy improves.
hard working,reliable, ready and willing to learn.
Helper (Former Employee), tucumcari nmJanuary 23, 2015
working with H VAC has shown me how to be a more dependable person. a more work oriented and how much people need to count on the job you do.
love working but needed a change
Certified Technician (Former Employee), Alexandria VaJanuary 18, 2015
• Serve as Senior Technician leading installation and maintenance of air conditioning, heating, ventilation distribution equipment in commercial facilities.

• Install compressors, evaporators, motors, temperature controls, ducts and piping.

• Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot breakdowns, and repair malfunctioning HVAC systems and components; utilize measuring and testing instruments.

• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on bearings, pumps, polyphase motors, shaft alignments and fans.

• Document all maintenance/repair actions and manage equipment records.

• Routinely work overtime, weekends and holidays to ensure complete customer satisfaction.

• Participate in numerous professional development activities to update knowledge and increase service/repair capabilities.

• Train and guide newly recruited junior technicians.

• Provide non-stop tech support.
Great place to learn and advance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJanuary 17, 2015
usually work an eight hour day and will be learning something new everyday
Ready for something new.
Technician (Current Employee), Kenner, LAJanuary 15, 2015
I've been in the HVAC business for 15 years. On a daily basses I do maintenance, service, and/or installation. Dealing with residential and some light commercial systems. I am experienced in zoned, communicating, and PTAC systems also. I usually work by myself so I am self driven and con manage my time in a wise manor. I am looking for a new employer because now I am not guaranteed 40 hrs. a week and feel like I don't get paid the amount I deserve.
Challenging and engaging
Mechanics Helper, Penguin Air Conditioning (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 10, 2015
I have awesome co-workers always willing to teach me and to help me further my understanding of HVAC. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 0345 am to get to work at 0600 to work and be filthy by 0700. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Union and its benefits.
Never a dull moment
HVAC installer (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJanuary 7, 2015
Met some very intelligent people who taught me the tricks of the trades.

1 2 3 4 5