POSITION TITLE: Regional Field Service Technician
SERVICE GROUP: Service
REPORTS TO: Director of Service Operations
LOCATION: Indiana or Illinois Based
This position outline is a record of the essential functions of the listed job. The position outline provides the employee, Management, Human Resources, applicants, and other agencies with a clear understanding of the job, where it fits in the organization, and the skill and work requirements in relation to other jobs. Jobs are always changing to some degree and the existence of the approved position outline is not intended to limit normal change and growth.
HydroWorx is a young, dynamic company focused on health, wellness and fitness through innovative aquatic therapy products. HydroWorx has been voted one of the top “Best Places to Work in PA” for five years running. Your elite skill-set will earn you and your family fully-paid, top-tier medical insurance. The company has a strong reputation for exceptional customer service after the sale. Positions within the Service Department including the Regional Field Technician have an integral role in the company’s ability to deliver on its promise to get a customer up and running within 24 hours. The Regional Field Technician position is primarily responsible for performing all preventative maintenance and emergency service to support the company’s 24-hour service response commitment. The Regional Field Technician is also cross trained to install the company’s line of pools with underwater treadmills. Position entails direct customer contact and ability to handle schedule changes due to emergency service requests.
Commercial Mechanical Maintenance:
- Troubleshoots and repairs heavy Industrial equipment with a work history involving gear boxes, belt and chain driven systems, sprocket and pulley alignment adjustments, drive motors etc.
- Installs, services, repairs and dismantles all equipment, using hand and power tools
- Inspects equipment to determine need for repairs and foresee difficulties. Checks equipment by sight, sound, or measurements and tests with instruments to determine amount of wear, lubrication and broken parts.
- Diagnoses mechanical failures or faulty operation of equipment. Consults drawings and specifications and determines procedure to be used for repairs.
- Utilizes the service of overhead cranes, jacks, wedges, rope and chain blocks, etc. for lifting heavy parts. Operates cranes, man lifts and mobile equipment as required.
- Repairs or replaces worn or broken parts using all hand tools common to all trades. Resets, tightens, and adjusts parts which have loosened or moved out of adjustment.
- Installs or assists in the installation of new equipment. Makes adjustments, tests and places new equipment in proper condition for operation.
- Fills out form reports pertaining to inspection and repair of equipment
Experience repairing, installing and maintaining electrical equipment and wiring including:
- Electrical control systems
- Trouble shooting circuits, relays
- Reading blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine layout of water supply, waste, and venting systems
- Installing, repairing and maintaining domestic, commercial, and industrial plumbing fixtures and systems. PVC materials.
- Locating and marking positions for pipe connections, passage holes, and fixtures in walls and floors
- Measuring, cutting, bending, and threading pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Testing pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Commercial / Residential HVAC
- Candidates should have at least 2 years’ experience with industrial mechanical equipment operation, maintenance and trouble-shooting which includes Air Handlers, Pumps, Vacuum Systems, Chillers, Oil Free Air Compressors, Boilers, Cooling Towers and exhaust systems.
- Certification for refrigerant recovery (EPA Universal Certification)
- Comprehension of Psychometric charts, airflow principles, refrigeration cycle, Hydronic principles, heat transfer, vacuum pumps, compressors and other industrial mechanical system components.
- Ability to perform mechanical maintenance.
- Safely use and understand all hand tools, power tools, and test equipment including air/water test and balance tools, portable flow meters, shaft alignment tools, etc. related to the HVAC industry.
- Work from maintenance schedules, blueprints, diagrams, sketches, code ordinances, verbal/ written directions.
- Can demonstrate a past job history that required significant travel / 40+ weeks out of the year or clearly demonstrate why they could handle this level of travel. Travel requires typically being away from home Monday – Friday and weekend work is not uncommon.
- Must be able to pass background and drug test.
- Must have a Permanent Right to Work.
- Strengths in submitting required paperwork / completing system check documents
- Work history that required a use of basic computer skills and current available technology
DEMANDS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position consists primarily of manual labor including lifting up to 75 pounds and standing for long periods of time.
The work environment is fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented, requiring a strong ability to produce under pressure, multi-task and prioritize work-related tasks. HydroWorx is a small company with a lean operation, requiring the candidate to work independently with little supervision.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Candidate will manage all work flow independent of any direct supervision.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
Position has no direct reports and reports directly to Director of Service Operations.
Indeed - 20 months ago