JOB TITLE: Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman/Service Manager
HOURS AND PAY SCHEDULE: Normal hours are 7:00AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. This position is non exempt.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is of the Journeyman skill level. Requires individual to work under the supervision of the Service Manager and Shop Foreman. Individual will receive work assignments and schedule on a daily basis. Perform assigned tasks per schedule and process all required documentation.
- Perform repairs on customer equipment as directed by the Service Manager and Shop Foreman.
- Perform Pre Delivery requirements on New Equipment.
- Perform required maintenance on Company owned equipment.
- Report and track time worked on jobs accurately.
- Complete repair orders as outlined with efficiency and accuracy.
- Diagnose and perform repairs.
- Inspect equipment to determine if additional work is required.
- Save and tag parts per factory warranty guidelines if a warranty repair.
- Create parts list for required repairs.
- Read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings.
- Notify Service Manager and Shop Foreman if additional work is required or items listed on service order are not needed.
- Notify Service Manager and Shop Foreman if repairs cannot be completed within time frame promised.
- Supervise work of apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Keep shop area and assigned work space clean.
- Keep up to date with factory training, tech tips and service bulletins.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, report any safety issues and accidents to manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: 2-5 years experience working on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems or heavy equipment maintenance experience. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment systems. Ability to identify component failures, worn or damaged parts and perform quality repairs. Must have valid class B driver’s license or ability to obtain within 120 days after hire.