Habasit America Employee Reviews

No place for advancement
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 30, 2017
The management does not care about the staff at the lower level. Assembly workers are treated like slaves and their is no room for growth. Salary is minimum compared to some other companies.
Great people - Team enviroment
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PAApril 2, 2017
Habasit is a growing company with many opportunities for growth for individual employees.

Habasit is the worldwide leader in the belting industry. During decades of market leadership, we have developed a broad range of superior products and services as well as a profound knowledge base and experience. Building on these strengths, we are combining our dynamic growth with a continuous extension of our offerings. Our totally customer-driven approach makes Habasit the best provider of high-quality power transmission and conveying solutions for every application.
Pros
Training opportunities, good benefits
Nice co workers
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 5, 2016
Good place to work but no growth within company. Benefits arent that good health insurance payments go from 70 dollars and over for single person. Good luck.
Being a Team Captain
Plastic Modular Team Captain (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 18, 2016
Working for Habasit America is a great day to day experience. The most exciting thing about being team captain is, motivating my team to build and get those completed belt out to be shipped in a 2 or more days advance time expand.
Manufacturing Facility
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2016
Habasit provided a rewarding and challenging experience. The work environment was pleasant and always presented new challenges to excel efficiently and productively. Duties always went beyond a typical "job description" the fast paced company aided in expanding the skills obtained during previous employment, if the company had not had cut backs I would still be employed with Habasit as each day presented opportunity for growth.
Pros
Company events for each member to grow as a team.
Cons
Company cut-backs.
Area Business Manager
Area Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2016
Habasit America is a private Swiss owned company specializing in a broad range of conveying belting and materials. As Area Business Development Manager, I implement business and marketing plans to penetrate and grow business segments while meeting financial objectives.
Pros
Industry leader
Excellent working environment
Lead Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 15, 2016
I worked for Habasit for 9, going on 10 years. Habasit was probably the best company that I have ever worked for. The environment was very laid back, management was good, small company with very few employees and all employees worked as a team. I would still be working there today, had the business not closed.
Job Responsibilities
Cutting Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 24, 2015
Measure modules with measuring tape to cut.
Cut modules to accurate size on band saw, table saw, CNC machine, or the correct cutting machine depending on the module and the cut needed.
Cut rods to fit modules correctly once inserted into belt.
Measurements converted to millimeters.
Build and assemble multiple modules into conveyor belts throughout the shift.
Make samples of conveyor belts.
Pull orders with the use of sit-down forklift and the help of the ASR.
Finishing of products by hammering rods into belts to complete it.
Shrink-wrap and label each belt individually.
Log in and out of EPI system for all work orders to keep track of the tasks’ process and to print labels.
Restock extra material into the ASR.
Help any coworkers in need and clean all work areas prior to shift end.
decent
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2015
slow days, lots of testing on some days, workers often do not help other workers, union workers, free lunches, no benefits
Made alot of friends over the many years
RECEIVING CLERK/ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 3, 2014
Learned to drive a forklift learned to operate a computer learned about bar-coding & scanning learned how to assemble many different types of plastic chain learned to cut plastic & steel rods hardest part of the job was staying on top of the rush orders
Pros
Contests, Picnics, Benefits, Insulated-air-conditioned warehouse
Cons
Not enough training for temp-workers
Low morale, robot like work, and insuficiente training
cutting area (Former Employee) –  SuwaneeApril 8, 2014
I am so happy that this was a temporary job for me otherwise I would've gone crazy. More then half of the employees can't speak English and they are the ones doing the training. My first impression was scary, no one was friendly and talkative. It seems like they can't wait for you to make mistakes so they can fire you.
However, work was easy and constant. If you like factory labor good luck with that. Never again!
Pros
easy work, good hours
Cons
isuficiente traning, poor communications, lack of English, low morale
Great Place to work
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 5, 2014
This was a great place to work with a great atmosphere. Very family friendly and always willing to help you learn new things.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Corporate was in GA
Great employees
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 10, 2014
The office building is very nice and in a good location. The company as a whole has good benefits and great hard working employees. The customer service department lacks structure and has a stressful work environment.
good place to work.
Manufacturing Tech II / QA (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Habasit America is a good place of employment. Nice co-workers, good working place.
Pros
fun work enviroment.
Cons
managerment not consistant.
Not too bad.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 27, 2013
There is a lot of work and a good environment. But, everything is changing and it is time for a good change for me too.
Stable company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GaOctober 20, 2013
A typical day is supplying customers with quotes, enter their orders, answering any inquiries they may have with the products that we supply. We are a manufacturing company in which we sell conveyor belts to distributors through out the world. The customer care group works closely with our sales team in order to bring the best service and product to the end user. Our managers work with us in order to insure that the customer receives their product on a timely bases and the quality is satisfactory. The most enjoyable part of the job is the contact with the customer. The least enjoyable is when an order does not go to the customer as planned.
Benefits
Cons
Phones do not route consistently
Very diverse, high expectations
Shipping and Receiving/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 15, 2013
Strong Company with the upmost standards for excellence. Managment very demanding but rewarding as well. Perfect situation to work in a diverse enviorment and gain knowledge.
Productive and good place to work
Belt Tech (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAApril 19, 2013
One day we had one employee on vacation and we had to finish the job we had more work then everyday.And we worked hard to finish the job. They provide with free lunch.I learned where there is a will there is a way. Smart management with good support. Co-workers they were good but don't want to work hard . The hardest part of the job was joining stiff belts like A-5. Less interference of Superior.
Pros
free food, company gifts and bonus
Cons
expensive insurance
Outstanding company to work for great co-workers
Sr. A/R and Credit Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2013
Management was out standing no micro managemant as long as you the job was done completely, never any problems .
Pros
great birthday parties
Cons
great flex time.
Totally committed to customer experience at the highest levels from all needed disciplines
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 4, 2013
Aside from numerous daily report review commitments aganst open orders etc, had total responsibility for all aspects of customer care. Typical day at work would be reviews with production on open orders and large quotes that were generated ----taking care of schedules for 16 customer care reps while insuring coverage across the US and international market areas---reacting to any customer requirement that needed special ahndling in order to turn a quote into an order or an order into a shipment.
Hardest part of job was dealing with customer reps who had family / health issues that did have an effect on their performance and helping them thru the issues at hand.
Most enjoyable part was resolving issues to customer satisfaction and "thank you for your help with our problem" no matter what it was.
Management support was very positive
Pros
great group of customer care reps
Cons
number of hours needed to commit to have all aspects of job under control