Habey USA, a leading industrial and embedded PC manufacturer, is seeking an experienced embedded computer system engineer in Los Angeles area. Embedded Computer System Engineer is responsible for supporting the R&D, project management and production teams in the development of primarily x86 compatible computer products and software solutions, researching technical solutions for OEM/ODM projects, supporting product development activities and developing engineering documentations for proof of concept, pre-production computer platforms. The ideal candidate should possess good verbal and written skills, be proficient in technical knowledge, skills and implement the skills to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This is a full-time position.
1. Support R&D, project management and production teams in the development and support of new computing platform hardware and software solutions
2. Build x86 compatible computer and AIO systems from the component level to completed assembly
3. Integrate additional hardware devices, add-on cards, touch panels, etc to proof of concept and pre-production computer systems
4. Install and functional test computing platform operating systems, including Windows, Linux and other Microsoft Embedded OS
5. Execute system functional and validation tests
6. Troubleshoot computer hardware and operating system software configurations and resolve technical issues
7. Develop production test configuration, packaging design and support certification tests
8. Develop engineering documentation in the form of work instructions and engineering notes to allow pre-production and production systems to be accurately reproduced and comply with quality system
9. Support product design and development activities to prepare computing platforms for production release.
10. Work with engineering project plans to guide objectives, task scheduling and job deliverable.
11. Support production team for engineering related issues of production released platforms
12. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for customers of related products
- Associate of Science degree required
- Bachelors degree in science, engineering, computer science, or equivalent preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional or Linux certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Three years experience in the area of computer hardware, software and operating system.
- Ability to interpret complex technical documentations
1. Salary is determined based on past experience
2. Benefits include health insurance and paid vacation
3. Work hours are from 8:30 to 5:30pm Mon-Fri