Habit OPCO Employee Reviews

Going down the drain
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MADecember 7, 2017
This company has been bought out 3 times in the 7 years that I worked there. Each time it got out the benefits and moral went down everytime. We lost great staff and replaced them with horrible staff due to cheapness from new owners causing a downhill effect on client care and company culture and moral.
Pros
Cons
everything
When company was Habit Opco IT WAS GREAT...
MAT Clinician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 31, 2017
The company changed hands a few times and it was not a good place to work after that due to many changes. Cut time off, overworked, underpaid, no advancement.
Pros
Habit Opco
Cons
New company take over.
Habit OPCO was a nice place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTSeptember 25, 2017
I would probably still be there if the company had not been sold. When it was sold my job responsibilities increased and compensation decreased. I was no longer working for people whom I knew personally and admired.
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Amboy, NJAugust 13, 2017
The staff was great. And I loved working with the clients. I had no problems working there. I even had time to eat my lunch which is a big problem I have at most jobs.
Pros
Great
Cons
Hours
The company needs help
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAAugust 1, 2017
Since being bought out multiple times in the last few years the company has gone way down hill. The bottom line seems to be about money and while I understand that to an extent being a for profit company, it is still a treatment center and should operate as such with the clients best interest in mind. Management likes to sweep things under the rug and will only address things after they explode and then give empty promises about how they will deal with issues in the future. Staff are allowed to act however they want and there is little to no consequence creating a very poor work culture. Clinicians have not been appreciated and we lost several great people who were then replaced with staff getting paid more money with little to no substance abuse experience who do not know how to work with the population. It's very disappointing to sit back and watch how this affects the clients.
Pros
great hours, great clients
Cons
poor benefits, poor pay, poor management
Horrible -don't work here !
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2017
Management was a joke, they only care about profit. They don't care about the employees or the patients. No type of structure. Management changes constantly and yet the company still fails to acknowledge that the problem
Is the management.
Pros
7-3 schedule
Bad place to work for
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 1, 2017
This is not a good company to work for. The pay is horrible for the amount of work you do and they get rid of all the good counselors. If you do work there, work 2 years to get your LADC and get out. Just use them because that's what they'll do to you.
ok place to work
Registered Nurse Manager- MMTP (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 26, 2017
typical day 6a-1:30p. busy place to work managing 600 patients on a daily. Making certain patients are moving in and out efficiently, providing patient care along with managing the nurses and patient medication.
Cons
pay is below minimum
Transparent management and collective group
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Habit OPCO is a great place to work if you are patient centered, compassionate and understanding of the disease of substance addiction. I recommend it to anyone who is invested in making a difference in the lives of others.
Pros
Flexible schedule, ability for commission, ability to work with patient's and see progress or lack thereof.
Cons
Patient's are expected to attend their appointments, but can easily avoid you.
My supervisor is amazing, wonderful company to work for.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MADecember 28, 2016
Everyday around 950 clients would come in to get their dose of methadone and have counseling or group therapy. I learned how to do oral drug screens for our clients and do security on weekends. Management and co-workers were amazing and awesome people to get to know. The worse part about the job was when a client would pass away due to their drug use. The best part is when we would get new clients and you could see some of them change their life for the better. I also loved when you were told how you helped clients get through the toughest and hardest part in their life. The job was very rewarding watching some clients first starting at Habit OPCO not looking or doing good and over the next few months they're doing a lot better. They are getting clean and sober, getting their family back in their lives, fixing up some legal issues, they are looking a lot healthier etc. Just knowing I was a part of some of their lives in a positive way is a wonderful feeling.
Pros
Helping people of a daily basis is the best feeling.
Cons
I had to leave the company due to the pay and benefits.
Horrible turnover rate
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2016
Absolutely no structure, extremely low pay for work they put on you. No management to staff communication. Everyone there either complains, lies to others or ends up leaving. Most higher ups stigmatize pts not try to help. They have worst nursing staff right now ive ever seen.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, story telling and no support
Over worker Over looked and Under paid
Substance Abuse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2016
If you have to work here get your experience and go. Don't expect support from management, qualified proper supervision or perks. The benefits and compensation are awful. It's so bad that you have to supply your own stationery or scavenge from empty offices. There is no proper orientation you basically thrown in to the frying pan. Bottom line with corporate is patient retention. The employee turnover rate is bad average stay is 1-2 years those with experience. Make sure to have your own resources and expect a extremely heavy caseload. The hardest part of the job is knowing that patient care isnt a priority.
Pros
Getting off work at 3pm
Cons
compensation, benefits, holiday, time off and no room for advancement
This is by far the worst company you can work for professionally . Management is inappropriate and treat employees bad
Primary Clinican (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAAugust 19, 2016
There were many times management would verbally abuse counselors in front of clients and even abused the clients. Supervisor harassing counselors and hiring their friends to work for them. Management would lie with documentation and let counselor hang out with client after work. Counselors are friends with clients also on Facebook. Overall if there was new management it may be a better place to work. Almost everyone has quit in the last few months . A total of five counselors within two months .
Wonderful place to work
Dosing Nurse at Substance Use Treatment Facility (Former Employee) –  South Yarmouth, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Habit Opco is a very professionally operated Substance Use Treatment Facility.
I found all staff to be kind, caring, helpful and always professional.
During and even after my training everyone was always willing to answer any questions I had.
I very much enjoyed talking with the patients and giving them encouragement.
Management Team Abusive to Staff and Patients
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 4, 2015
The clients are wonderful to work with. It is an honor to be able to try to assist people get back on track. This, however, is overshadowed by the abusive so-called management team. Productivity is the number one priority- not the clients. Management bullies individual staff. Games are played by management by telling you one thing and then retracting in a very demeaning self-righteous way. This clinic should not be open. The clients are suffering and fall through the cracks due to not enough staff nor any sort of leadership. Look at the turnover!!!!
Pros
Co-workers were great.
Cons
No focus on the individual person but on reports, reports and more reports. Productivity is number one priority.
Great work enviroment.
Driver/Security (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 28, 2015
Short and simple early morning shift. Clients bring excitement to the job daily which makes everyday a little different.
Pros
Early end days
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible corporate culture
FT Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Awful benefits. Awful HR. No support. A corporate monolith with money as their only interest. A sad example of healthcare.
Pros
Cons
horrible benefits and poor treatment of employees
Slow days, lots of interaction with people.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 22, 2015
Learned the basics of being in security. Spent days on my feet and moving around. Made sure the clients were following the rules when they were on the property. Spent most of my time outside. Also had to perform some janitorial duties.
Pros
Worked in morning only so home early, accrued vacation time every day.
Cons
Early morning start time, must be willing to be confrontational.
Enjoyed working there but felt overworked and under appreciated
Substance Abuse Counselor/ Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MANovember 6, 2014
I really enjoyed my co-workers and my clients. I hated that CRC bought out our company and took away certain benefits and caused many amazing clinicians to leave. This in turn caused the remaining clinicians to have huge case loads and made it difficult to enjoy the work I was trying to accomplish with my clients.
Pros
Fun lunches with coworkers, longterm client care, incentives if work was completed
Cons
reduced benefits, really high case-loads
Substance abuse and emotional health counseling
Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg MAOctober 22, 2014
On a daily basis i run both and indivudal and group counseling to address substance abuse and emotional health. I develop and review treatment plans and coordinate services outside and inside the agency for the cleint.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habit OPCO. Our community is ready to answer.