Habit OPCO Employee Reviews in United States

Management Team Abusive to Staff and Patients
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 4, 2015
The clients are wonderful to work with. It is an honor to be able to try to assist people get back on track. This, however, is overshadowed by the abusive so-called management team. Productivity is the number one priority- not the clients. Management bullies individual staff. Games are played by management by telling you one thing and then retracting in a very demeaning self-righteous way. This clinic should not be open. The clients are suffering and fall through the cracks due to not enough staff nor any sort of leadership. Look at the turnover!!!!
Pros
Co-workers were great.
Cons
No focus on the individual person but on reports, reports and more reports. Productivity is number one priority.
Wonderful place to work
Dosing Nurse at Substance Use Treatment Facility (Former Employee) –  South Yarmouth, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Habit Opco is a very professionally operated Substance Use Treatment Facility.
I found all staff to be kind, caring, helpful and always professional.
During and even after my training everyone was always willing to answer any questions I had.
I very much enjoyed talking with the patients and giving them encouragement.
Outpatient Substance Abuse Program
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 24, 2014
Habit OPCO offers needed substance abuse services to its customers. However, with a strong focus on producing contact hours and with so many regulations, there is little time to focus on advancing one's career. The profit sharing program is a great way to bump one's salary, but there is no discernible training or talent grooming efforts made by the company. There is a great deal of tension due to the serious nature of the work and not a lot of ways to blow off steam. The work can be rewarding but one has to be able to handle disappointment and unexpected problems from the customer base as part of their process of recovery.
Pros
profit sharing, work schedule
Cons
lack of advancement options, negative office culture, disorganized corporate offices
Enjoyed working there but felt overworked and under appreciated
Substance Abuse Counselor/ Art Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MANovember 6, 2014
I really enjoyed my co-workers and my clients. I hated that CRC bought out our company and took away certain benefits and caused many amazing clinicians to leave. This in turn caused the remaining clinicians to have huge case loads and made it difficult to enjoy the work I was trying to accomplish with my clients.
Pros
fun lunches with coworkers, longterm client care, incentives if work was completed
Cons
reduced benefits, really high case-loads
Rewarding work
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  South Yarmouth, MAMay 21, 2014
Providing substance abuse counseling and support to patients on methadone maintenance is one of the most rewarding work experiences I have ever had and I love my job. The biggest challenge is staying healthy and balanced and rolling with resistance when patients are just not ready to change. My company was recently acquired by a much larger company based in CA and owned by a leverage buyout firm and I have lost the sense of job security and the benefits package that I had when I was first hired.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
shrinking benefits with increasing demands
Horrible corporate culture
FT Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Awful benefits. Awful HR. No support. A corporate monolith with money as their only interest. A sad example of healthcare.
Cons
horrible benefits and poor treatment of employees
good morning hours
clinician (Current Employee) –  lynn, maNovember 8, 2012
Good place to work for, but I have heard that different locations vary greatly, as far as management, rules and policies. There is a potential to earn decent money if u are lucky enough to have a decent caseload. Benefits are good but cost a great deal of money. Good launching pad for a career but not much room for advancement, not that you would want to there anyway. Great for people just starting out their careers, work a few years and move on.
Pros
morning hours, no weekends
Cons
very early mornings, no career advancement
Great work enviroment.
Driver/Security (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 28, 2015
Short and simple early morning shift. Clients bring excitement to the job daily which makes everyday a little different.
Pros
Early end days
Cons
Not enough hours
very productive, busy and up beat
Senior Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 10, 2013
It's a very busy place, you never get bored. I have learned so much and couldn't have asked for a better place to work for.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, and bad pay
Clinic dedicated to the recovery of patients dealing with addiction
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAOctober 23, 2012
Challenging place to work, but the benefits of watching people heal are very rewarding.
Not a good place to work
Clinician/Methadone Clinic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 17, 2013
Clients are not happy with the new management at Habit Opco. Clients report that management does NOT care about them and are disrespectful to them. Staff and clients are aware of how disrespectful management is to everyone. Management is also unethical in how they manage the clinic. NOT a good place to work.
Pros
only to try and help the clients
Cons
don't get a lunch, have to work late & don't get paid for it, disrespected by mgmt, very low pay
Wonderful place to work for those who are passionate about helping people.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 20, 2013
Best workplace ever with wonderful people!! I learned a lot working here. The Management team was staffed with knowledgable people from different walks of life that brought different experiences to the board.
Pros
always busy, never a dull moment
Cons
limited break opportunity
Substance abuse and emotional health counseling
Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg MAOctober 22, 2014
On a daily basis i run both and indivudal and group counseling to address substance abuse and emotional health. I develop and review treatment plans and coordinate services outside and inside the agency for the cleint.
An excelent Methadone treatment program
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 4, 2012
Started to work very early in the morning, providing early services to workers. Assisting patients in a variety of needs icluding housing, education and health.

Providing services in the complete spectrum from diagnose, treatment plan and therapy.
Pros
good benefit package
Strange place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTAugust 8, 2014
I learned a lot about the treatment life. Interesting place to work