Habit OPCO

Habit OPCO Employer Reviews

Slow days, lots of interaction with people.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: worked in morning only so home early, accrued vacation time every day.
Cons: early morning start time, must be willing to be confrontational.
Learned the basics of being in security. Spent days on my feet and moving around. Made sure the clients were following the rules when they were on the property. Spent most of my time outside. Also had to perform some janitorial duties.
Enjoyed working there but felt overworked and under appreciated
Substance Abuse Counselor/ Art Therapist (Former Employee), Lynn, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: fun lunches with coworkers, longterm client care, incentives if work was completed
Cons: reduced benefits, really high case-loads
I really enjoyed my co-workers and my clients. I hated that CRC bought out our company and took away certain benefits and caused many amazing clinicians to leave. This in turn caused the remaining clinicians to have huge case loads and made it difficult to enjoy the work I was trying to accomplish with my clients.
Substance abuse and emotional health counseling
Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee), Fitchburg MAOctober 22, 2014
On a daily basis i run both and indivudal and group counseling to address substance abuse and emotional health. I develop and review treatment plans and coordinate services outside and inside the agency for the cleint.
sTRANGE PLACE TO WORK
Security Officer (Former Employee), Brattleboro, VTAugust 8, 2014
I learned a lot about the treatment life. Interesting place to work
Rewarding work
Clinician II (Current Employee), South Yarmouth, MAMay 21, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: shrinking benefits with increasing demands
Providing substance abuse counseling and support to patients on methadone maintenance is one of the most rewarding work experiences I have ever had and I love my job. The biggest challenge is staying healthy and balanced and rolling with resistance when patients are just not ready to change. My company was recently acquired by a much larger company based in CA and owned by a leverage buyout firm and I have lost the sense of job security and the benefits package that I had when I was first hired.
Outpatient Substance Abuse Program
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Lowell, MAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, work schedule
Cons: lack of advancement options, negative office culture, disorganized corporate offices
Habit OPCO offers needed substance abuse services to its customers. However, with a strong focus on producing contact hours and with so many regulations, there is little time to focus on advancing one's career. The profit sharing program is a great way to bump one's salary, but there is no discernible training or talent grooming efforts made by the company. There is a great deal of tension due to the serious nature of the work and not a lot of ways to blow off steam. The work can be rewarding but one has to be able to handle disappointment and unexpected problems from the customer base as part of their process of recovery.
Not a good place to work
Clinician/Methadone Clinic (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: only to try and help the clients
Cons: don't get a lunch, have to work late & don't get paid for it, disrespected by mgmt, very low pay
Clients are not happy with the new management at Habit Opco. Clients report that management does NOT care about them and are disrespectful to them. Staff and clients are aware of how disrespectful management is to everyone. Management is also unethical in how they manage the clinic. NOT a good place to work.
very productive, busy and up beat
Senior Office Associate (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, and bad pay
It's a very busy place, you never get bored. I have learned so much and couldn't have asked for a better place to work for.
Wonderful place to work for those who are passionate about helping people.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 20, 2013
Pros: always busy, never a dull moment
Cons: limited break opportunity
Best workplace ever with wonderful people!! I learned a lot working here. The Management team was staffed with knowledgable people from different walks of life that brought different experiences to the board.
good morning hours
clinician (Current Employee), lynn, maNovember 8, 2012
Pros: morning hours, no weekends
Cons: very early mornings, no career advancement
Good place to work for, but I have heard that different locations vary greatly, as far as management, rules and policies. There is a potential to earn decent money if u are lucky enough to have a decent caseload. Benefits are good but cost a great deal of money. Good launching pad for a career but not much room for advancement, not that you would want to there anyway. Great for people just starting out their careers, work a few years and move on.
Clinic dedicated to the recovery of patients dealing with addiction
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lynn, MAOctober 23, 2012
Challenging place to work, but the benefits of watching people heal are very rewarding.
Review
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 10, 2012
An outpatient treatment center for substance abuse, where recovery is a day to day challenge for patients and staff alike.
An excelent Methadone treatment program
Clinician (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJune 4, 2012
Pros: good benefit package
Started to work very early in the morning, providing early services to workers. Assisting patients in a variety of needs icluding housing, education and health.

Providing services in the complete spectrum from diagnose, treatment plan and therapy.