The Staff Accountant is responsible for recording, classifying and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Overall responsibility includes general ledger transactions and reconciliations, job cost accounts payable, mortgage entries and back up to cash receipts, administrative accounts payable and payroll.
o Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
o Bank reconciliations
o Prepare and enter journal entries
o Prepare supporting documentation for audits and interact with auditors as needed
o Create general ledger accounts and maintain integrity of chart of accounts
o Maintain schedules
o Maintain fixed assets ledger for both book and tax purposes
o Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
o Maintain and file accounting records
- Job Cost Accounts Payable
o Update and maintain job site spreadsheet
o Pay utility bills and homeowner's association dues
o Process "manual" checks as requested
o Call to order homeowner final utility billings when closing are scheduled
o Create monthly delinquency reporting
o Prepare home closing paperwork and general ledger entries as needed and directed
o Non job cost accounts payable, Payroll, Cash Receipts, Accounts Receivable, Mortgage Escrow Reimbursements
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited institution is required. Candidate must have at least two years relevant experience. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with Great Plains accounting software preferred. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Business Acumen: Displays broad understanding of business practices and policy as well as company-specific processes and product offerings.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information, and achieve results.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates strong commitment to internal and external customers; serves and satisfies their needs; holds self-accountable for quality outcomes.
- Professionalism: Exhibits a courteous, conscientious and generally businesslike manner in the workplace; adheres to a level of ethical, legal and moral conduct in one's field in order to gain and maintain the trust of others; maintains effectiveness in the face of stress.
- Results Driven & Goal Setting: Focuses personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives by defining appropriate goals, working toward achieving goals, articulating vision and stepping for achievement.
- Attention to Detail: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Continuous Learning: Demonstrates eagerness to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively.
- Decision Making: Obtains information and identifies key issues and implications to make informed and objective decisions.
- Innovation: Develops new insights into situations and applies different and novel solutions to make improvements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Develops and maintains effective relationships with others; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations in an open, friendly, and professional manner; shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness.
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking: Analyzes the problem using critical thinking and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Process Management: Plans and administers the activities necessary to achieve a high level of performance in a process and organizing resources and identifying opportunities for improving quality
Application deadline: Thursday, January 10, 2013.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to HR Sr Associate via one of the following methods:
Mail: 3001 4th St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3391051
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities and veterans highly encouraged to apply.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, Human...