Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Not for profit company
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 13, 2017
There is so much to this job. Mortgage work, working with families, scheduling pick up donations, scheduling volunteers. Keeping track of community service. Resale cashiering along with office work.
Great Place to work for, positive environment..
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work, enhanced alot of my roofing skills, the hardest part of the job was being on a roof in the summer with not one cloud in the sky, lol
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagle, COJanuary 13, 2017
Working at the ReStore with nice co-workers , good boss. The inventory changes pretty much daily , so it's so fun to see different donations coming up ,
Productive and fun work place with an awesome cause!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 12, 2017
My duties at work included but not limited to assisting Operations Manager on a daily basis with pricing,merchandising,and volunteer management. Also cash handling on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
must be able to lift 75 pounds or more daily
This was a fun place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 12, 2017
This was a fun place to work. I enjoyed helping and talking with the customers. The employees all worked as a team. We enjoyed helping one another.
Pros
We worked at a team
Cons
Good Health Insurance
It was a great environment
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 11, 2017
Doing this volunteer work really helped me in many ways. I learned how to work on Habitat for Humanity houses. I learned that not everyone has a roof over their head. The lady in charge was a teacher at my high school as well. She always made things more enjoyable and more entertaining. She was a great lady to be in charge.
Pros
Great homemade dishes and meeting new people
Cons
It was hard work
hostile work place
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LaJanuary 11, 2017
The board president governs everything the Executive Director does as well as tell other staff member what to do going over the ED's head and showing disrespect.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
Terrible board of directors
Wonderful management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJanuary 11, 2017
A great place to work and with so few employees its more like a family. Nothing is to timely so it makes for a laid back job. I was hired through the states work first program
Productive and friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 10, 2017
I was an intern at the Habitat for Humanity for one semester during my junior year campaign. I learned a lot about community outreach and the importance of a society in which people work together to help each other succeed. My co-workers were excellent. They welcomed me with open arms and showed me exactly how to do everything. They never left me alone and confused.
Fun work environment
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2017
I only did volunteer work. However it was a valuable learning experience and it afforded me the opportunity to connect with the community.
Fun and Family oriented
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Habitat for Humanity is a fun place to work. Everything that is done is for a good cause whether if you volunteered or are employed there. The hardest part of this job is working with heavy materials such as mattresses or furniture.
Pros
As many breaks as needed, flexible hours
Awesome work place and great people
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 5, 2017
My days wouldn't go by without somebody saying thank you or being nice. Id have maybe one person come in upset or not having a good day but by the time they left that store they couldn't be happier. I learned that if you treat people with respect you will get that same respect back. My co-workers were so nice i had not one porblem with anybody. I don't really think i had a bad day everyday was a good day. The most enjoyable part of that job was being everybodys friend and making new ones everyday
Pros
Wonderful people, great work place
Rewarding work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 3, 2017
I was only a part-time volunteer here, but I still managed to meet some of the greatest people I know in that short time. Habitat for Humanity does some great work, and the Harrisburg location, while in a cold warehouse (wear gloves), is no exception.
Awesome
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MODecember 26, 2016
Awesome, I loved working for them. Great company but only a part time position. Awesome helpinglow income families build houses! Everyone should volunteer and help them out.
Fun activities after work, playing different types of games.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 21, 2016
This was a great experience for me going down to Louisiana Lafayette and being part of something so amazing. I did this volunteer work for a few months and I enjoyed every moment of it, and without doubt I will do it again.
Pros
Was a fun job working as a volunteer.
Cons
Zero cons
Habitat For Humanity is a great place to work at. The employees are great, and the customers are wonderful.
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CADecember 21, 2016
I worked for Habitat For Humanity for 2 years , my experience there was one never to forget. Co-workers are great people. Their programs they have are outstanding for the low income families. The volunteers are awesome.
Pros
There is a great feeling in seeing a family building and receiving a home.
Cons
It's hard work but It's also good work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 19, 2016
A typical day is like going there and helping customers out when they need the help. We also help the customers load and unload the things that they buy from us.
I enjoyed working here . Positive people
Stocking and Pricing (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with new faces. The manager and assistant mana was very generous . Everyone laughed and joked around most of all we got the job done .
Pros
You could put something to the side if wanted it instead of putting it on display
Cons
Summer time it was pretty hot in the back
Multi-faceted job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GADecember 13, 2016
A day at Habitat for Humanity is never the same. There is always something new to do. I attended meetings as well as piloted many projects within the community. I took on various tasks, and I used a system called Keystone to key in data for "in-kind" donations and to maintain a network database of donations and volunteers.
Pros
free lunches, something new all the time
Cons
limited pay due to being a non-profit organization
Bait and Switch job postings
Warehouse Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2016
They hired me to be their stock and receiving guy, but on my first day they made me a furniture mover (picking up large item donations on their truck). They still got after me for not keeping up with the job I hired applied for, even though I never got to do it. Then one day I show up for work and they already had termination papers wrote up. No warning or chance to improve, just one day fired.
Pros
Not minimum wage
Cons
Management does not value employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4