Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Neighborhood Revitalization Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2017
I only volunteer on Saturdays, but would like full time work with Habitat for Humanity, I enjoy working and helping people have a happy life in a new home.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
permanent positions are difficult to achieve
Volunteer Position
Build Site Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 9, 2017
It was alright. A bit disorganized if you ask me. I assisted with the ReStore and it seemed like they didn't quite know where to put me. Everything was very disorganized actually.
Pros
Easy Volunteer Work
Cons
Short Breaks
volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2017
this was a volunteer job thru the Tulane Universtiy. it was pretty cool that we got to help the community some. we where at the City Park stadium for this particular day painting and other things
Laid back and relaxed
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDDecember 7, 2017
Friendly management and a relaxed office atmosphere, with some hardware and software troubleshooting. Overall nice, and always willing to help, in alignment with their company's driving force.
ehhh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2017
a typical day at habitat depends on which location you are at. some days i worked at the hardware store, others the furniture. Sometimes i even went out in the truck to pick up donations.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Do not work here
Truck Driver (Temp Job) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2017
Do not work @ Charleston Habitat for Humanity. Very poor management. They treat truck drivers like dirt. Fire you for nothing. Management shows favoritism. Store is failing miserably, they cannot keep drivers. AVOID working here. A complete disaster.
Pros
salary
Cons
very poor management, overworked, management shows favoritism, very rude manager etc. etc. many cons
volunteer
MEMBER OF THE HABITAT (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZDecember 5, 2017
Helped build five homes in the area. It was a great experience and had a wonderful time helping others. It wasn't anything hard abut the work we did. We would just show up and start building a house.
Pros
watching a person get the keys to their home
Cons
over all it was a bad experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 4, 2017
they overcharged customers on merchandise sold in the store. they stab each other in the back when not necessary. the management there are mean spirited.
Pros
I was only a volunteer so I did not have to get involved in the corrupt politics as much.
Cons
People that work there are mean spirited even to the volunteers.
very minimal staff to do lots of different jobs, not enough volunteers
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNDecember 3, 2017
very stressful but i learned a lot. will miss the people i work with. not as many volunteers as company needed to run smoothly. job was subject to change as you assist in many different roles
Pros
good vacation plan when you could use it.
Cons
no benefits or wage increases
no words
Volunteer Coordinator/Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 29, 2017
Current lower management store management needs some work... I see a high turn over rate because of this. It is a good company to get you to the next unless you know people, I learned a lot and learned a lot of leadership skills. Warehouse supervisor rocks
Pros
Great vacation hrs
Cons
high turn over rate
Variety of work experiences.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 29, 2017
Very small organization with little chance to advance. Good for 1-3 years of nonprofit experience but not for a career. Management is in transition. The most difficult part of the job was performing a technical job in a non-technical organization.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Work can be overloaded at times.
great place all around
Volunteer Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 28, 2017
great place all around and I would recommend this as a great place to volunteer for anyone who likes to do this kind of work. I loved it and would do it again anyday
no advancement opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 26, 2017
great place to expand my experiences and meet new people I could help. My dream was to go into the construction side of the organization but was never given any consideration.
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
new opportunities don't exsit if you are a minority
was a good place to work if you were able to do heavy lifting in a shipping dock setting
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 22, 2017
I liked the job. The people working there were mostly friendly and easy to get along with. The customers were always fun to work with and help find what they were looking for. All in all i would work there again if ever offered.
Pros
was a really friendly environment to work in.
Cons
heavy lifting, not really a con though if you can handle it.
Good Cause light wallet
ReStore Associate and Donation Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 22, 2017
They require a lot of hard work from you for pennies on the dollar. You're going to sweat and stress. Hope you don't get hurt either because they still expect you to keep up with expectations. They might make houses affordable andmake it possible for some to get a home, but if you're working for them don't expect a place of your own.
Pros
Good cause
Cons
Redundant work low pay
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 22, 2017
Habitat for Humanity is a great place to work it pays well it’s a physically demanding job so you stay active and you do get a decent bit of downtime here and there. My only issue with Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake is that the management plays favorites. Other than that the rest of the staff is amazing it’s a great place to work I highly recommend it for anyone .
Best job ever
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2017
I made sure all my store managers had what they needed to take care of the stores and the customers. I learned how to run multiple stores as well as training 4 store managers at the same time. The work place was always a place you want to be around. I enjoyed everyday i was there.
Pros
Everyday was a great experience
Cons
job ended
Loved working in the mortgage business
Receptionist - Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2017
I love working in the mortgage got to understand and learn about mortgage payments far as buying a home.Habitat for humanity helps people purchase their first time homes.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
free lunches
It was a very pleasant experience helping others in need.
Restore Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 14, 2017
On any given day one could in turn help somebody who was in great need of saving money because they were in hard times and that was beneficial to being a worker there. In addition, the donors were very polite and very gracious with their donations and that is one of the biggest parts of the mechanics of the whole organization.
Pros
Great people
Friendly people, relaxed environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 13, 2017
I would recommend working at Habitat for Humanity as either a volunteer or an employee. It was a fantastic place even though I only worked there for 5 hours during the weekend as well as the fact that I enjoyed it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3