Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Full-time Cashier (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 16, 2015
Working for a charity organization has been the best job I have ever had. I work in such a positive and happy environment that I always look forward to going to work. Everyone has the same goal and has a caring heart. My coworkers are family.
Not very productive, but a character-building experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch and site seeing
Cons: little accomplished for others, poor supervision
Although the proposed goal of this organization is very good, the actual productivity and amount that you are helping the people in need is very little. Realistically how much can a group of 15 people who have never touched a hammer in their life actually help in the span of one week? Not that much. In fact I found that because of our mistakes we actually held the site directors back. I had a great time on my habitat for humanity trip to Michigan and I did learn more about building and teamwork, but I also realized that we weren't actually doing much, which was the point of the whole trip. Although it was fun for me, I am not convinced that we actually helped out people who are trying to get a house. Also, the process of getting a house through habitat is quite selective and is also a little questionable. If you want to learn a little more about building, then it is a good opportunity to dive in and start building. There are a lot of mistakes along the way and the site directors do give you short lessons on why certain methods are better than others. However, the site directors were very busy so they were not actually supervising our work a lot of the time and a ladder fell on someone. Safety wasn't really a big concern.
LIKED WORKING FOR A NON PROFIT
Home Builder (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 14, 2015
WORKING FOR HABITAT YOU GOT TO USE YOUR SKILLS AND LEARN NEW ONES,NEVER RUSHED ALWAYS TOOK THE TIME TO DO THINGS SAFE AND RIGHT
long days with no overtime
Construction Coordinator/Warehouse manager (Current Employee), New castle CountyApril 14, 2015
my typical day at work consist of unlocking the office and warehouse, keeping track of the construction budget,setting up work for potential contractors, ordering and receiving material orders need for construction, keeping the warehouse organized and working on active construction sites when necessary. Management is goo. and co workers are friendly. the hardest part of my job is the physical tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of an organization that helps people get into there first home.
Best. Experience. Ever
Construction/Restore Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 11, 2015
Pros: The whole environment
Cons: Not for the office dwellers
Everybody was so nice, helpful, and appreciative of my time there. My managers helped me in more ways than one, ensuring that I transfer the knowledge that they shared with me to the real world. I can not stress enough how influential my time with Habitat for Humanity was for me, in spite of the hardships of living with Americorps wages. I loved the volunteers, the time spent with everyone, learning how to use the tools, driving that truck, and learning about my strengths and weaknesses in great detail.
Customer service (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 6, 2015
Was an enjoyable experience, working with good people and helping the community. The hardest part of the job was moving furniture. The hours were good.
a great life experience
Construction Site & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 6, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: no growth
it was and amazing experience helping families own their own homes and dealing with volunteers on a daily basis. company just needs to fine tuned
Doing important work in Greensboro
Director of Development (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 1, 2015
Personally rewarding to help families achieve homeownership. Faith based organization that values spiritual growth of employees.
Fun and engaging place to work, perfect job for college
Team Leader/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at Habitat for Humanity involves dealing with merchandise being donated from various people and business from the county. The donations are processed by cleaning and pricing in order to sell within the Restore. This is all done while leading teams of volunteer/community service people throughout the day. Working there has sharpened leadership and communication skills, as well as giving a unique retail experience.
Habitat for Humanity
Construction Laborer (Former Employee), Robinson, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: N/A
Every person should take Construction technology in school if you are good at it and like helping people you may have just found a career as a carpenter or construction worker. I liked building homes and doing outside projects. Its beats working in the classroom and you can do it as an adult if you wanted too. Its volunteer work if your looking for a little purpose and to be led in the right direction for a career involving carpentry work. Then I personally recommend you try this out you can't beat free training.
Great Job
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Mellow work place
Cons: None
- I scheduled appointments, greeted customers walking in the store, and was a cashier there
- I learned that making your day go by is so easy by just simply staying busy & enjoying your customers
- The management was fantastic there
- My co-workers were hard workers. Always fun to work with & be around
- There wasnt anything hard about my job there
- The most enjoyable part was taking care of the customers
Enjoyable position,
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: protocols and mission with clear visionary thrust and reaching humanity
Cons: Certain weeks Sunday was mandatory
Heart felt and creative place to be a part of this passionate team,the vision is certainly clear from supplying discounted Home goods to the development of dignity of future home owners throughout the completion of the home structure seeing the heart felt gratitude as a result of empowering individuals with a skill set to maintain their property, The most pleasant part of this staff position was meeting and developing new relations.
Good in some ways
General Manager (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIMarch 25, 2015
Great Mission, but Certain People are clueless when it comes to them knowing how to run a Retail operation, they change their tune real quick to fit there needs no matter the circumstance
productive and team work
construction, painter (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 24, 2015
best volunteer job to have and learn from.amazing team work and workers as well as organization.great company to work for and with and love the fact that they give back to the communities
Rewarding experience with plenty of oppotunity for team building and knowledge advancement
Project Manager - Lead Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: helping those who otherwise would not gave a chance at homeowhership
Cons: i honestly cannot think of any
The core of doing this charity work is both the knowledge of knowing your helping others that could use some help. In addition we get to learn new techniques for accomplishing tasks and get to practice those techniques firsh hand and immediately. I enjoy the team building and watching people go from uncertantiny to confidence in what the've learned and joy in the beginning of mastering a new process.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2015
Great place to volunteer, learn, and gain hands on experience.
Experience in design-built homes. Gained knowledge on cabinet milling, sub-floor installation,insulated structural homes being built.
NICE ENVIRONMENT LOVELY STAFF
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no pay
Habitat For Humanity was a place I volunteered at for school credits. I volunteered for 4 hours a day I had to complete 40 hours of community service hours. I helped unload and price items in the store. I also helped customers who needed assistance with finding items.
Think Twice
Manager (Current Employee), Various StoresMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good cause
Cons: pretty much any job offers more
Pay is low at this company as it is a non-profit organization, and no opportunities. Upper management seems unaware of how to run retail locations.
Lead Donation Ambassador (Former Employee), Canton, OHMarch 12, 2015
I like working at Habitat. Positive Vibes all around. Great people and we have a lot of fun doing good work. I wish the benefits and pay were higher, as the experience is wonderful.
Great company with good intentions and relaxed environment
Financial Resources - Temporary (Current Employee), Americus, GAMarch 9, 2015
Great company that does great things for the world. The environment is relaxed and the work load is busy. There is always something needed to be done, and the people there are always willing to help. They also are very welcoming.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries