Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

The day
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 22, 2017
The time I worked there it was very relaxed. I was just a vollunteer there so I don't know how much money was there but I could say that it was minimum wage/
Amazing place to work. Amazing People. Amazing Mission.
IT and Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 21, 2017
Highly Recommend this organization. Great environment. Skilled team of people. Very transparent about how they spend the donations received. Puts familes first!
plenty of ways to gain multiple different types of work ethic/experience!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNOctober 20, 2017
I was delighted when I was told that I was hired. The workable environment was cheerful and respected well over eighty percent of the months I was here!
Pros
Helping the community through charitable circumstances
Cons
Compensation
community service
General Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 19, 2017
I volunteered for community service for habit for humanity it was a great place to get me going and enter the work environment word with instructors there to give you the skills necessary to perform the task
i don't want to write this
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 18, 2017
typical day at Habitat for humanity was very laid back and was not rushed at all. very few customers in the retail floor. and they would work around your schedule.
Pros
got discounted furniture
Cons
wasn't paid
Insecure leadership with poor business skills
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 18, 2017
Insecure management hiding behind church doors trying to save their jobs while blaming others for their poor management skills and business knowledge.
Pros
Great place to volunteer at
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2017
A fun and meaningful place to volunteer at. Employees are all great and the construction supervisors are all patient with you and teach you how to do everything they ask you to do. Good times volunteering with other people in the community.
Not a True Non-Profit Company
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
This company takes donations such as Refrigerators, stoves, etc. and charge the homebuyers for it. All these items general cost is included into the cost of the home and should not be because the items were donated. This non-profit is FOR PROFIT!
Not helping the low income families - helping filling their own pockets!
General
VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLOctober 12, 2017
Good experience in the humanitarian world. Lot of contractors, suppliers and labors are devoted to the organization. Good to see this in the construction area.
Exciting
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCOctober 11, 2017
Exciting and every changing. Always something new coming in and always a new puzzle to figure out. The team became a family working very closely together.
Excellent Part Time Job
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 10, 2017
Great for a temporary job.Good Pay for a college student, very fast paced and physically demanding. The Manager is amazing at their job and is very accommodating to needed time off.
Hard slow work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 9, 2017
Hardest part of the day is how slow time passes. I volunteered here and worked with john in the back who repaired the fans and he was very sweet and knowledgeable
Cons
small break area
liked working here
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 9, 2017
working with new volunteers everyday.explaining the same thing everything all over the next day. working with unskilled workers everyday. it is fun at times.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
the pay
Ability to interact with a wide range of people
Transporter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 9, 2017
Often would work with unpaid personnel rather they were a volunteer or a person sentenced to do community service. The manager of the Restore was often in the office doing things unrelated to the management of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers leave with a smile because they found quality materials which didn't empty their wallet.
Pros
Quick to grant needed days off
Cons
Poor management
Very quick paced
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSOctober 8, 2017
Habitat for humanity is a good work place because it gives homes to families that can't afford housing assistance but my experience was okay. I received no benefits or pay because it was through GED school but I did receive a certificate for construction as a trade before I received my GED diploma.
Pros
Helps the homeless
Cons
Quick paced
Poorly Run
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 7, 2017
Poorly run. Not really in it for people. Sounds great on paper and makes a great show. In the end it is all about politics and who you know and not about finding the most deserving family.
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Loader (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLOctober 5, 2017
I did not officially work for Habit for Humanity it was a work study through my school, but the experience there was unlike any other. The Employees at habitat are a family and the mission for the business is just phenomenal, they are single handedly taking a grip on the economy and helping people who need it the most. They have helped so many people that in just my few months there i have seen more people be helped than any other not-for-profit organization. These people are the best and anyone should be proud to say that they worked for them. I know I am!
Habitat for Humanity
volunteer in Biloxi (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 5, 2017
Volunteer housing organization building low cost homes for individuals with lower incomes. Skills required included carpentry, painting, plumbing, and drywall installation.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2017
We had a great time helping to build a house for a struggling family. Everything that was needed was provided for us, so that we could accomplish the set goals for the day.
happy, caring place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH 03060October 4, 2017
personally I enjoyed working at HFH because of the variability of opportunities. I learned a lot there; including, patience, moving heavy tvs, tables, refrigerators, etc. I learned how to use a cash register, I also learned how to cooperate and put business priorities and excelling over shenanigans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4