Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

The money goes towards a great place
Receiving coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Pine, ORFebruary 10, 2016
This was a volunteer position and all the people there are great to work with and highly recommend doing business there as well as shopping there.
Engaging & Hands-On Construction Site, working with volunteers
Construction & Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2016
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to the mission of rebuilding New Orleans, and I am honored to have worked alongside such great men and women.

I led teams of volunteers thru all building cycles of a single-floor dwelling. Participated and led a team for a "blitz build" for "Build A Thon", where all NOAHH staff worked 11 days on to build 10 houses in 10 days, with the direct help of over 500 HFH staffers (2 teams, worked for 5 days each).
Pros
Community, learn comprehensive construction process, transferable skills
Cons
Low pay (Americorps based program)
productive day in the office
Leasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2016
i had been a leasing clerk for about 4yrs i enjoyed working with elderly people and the young adults even though they can give you a hard time sometimes but over all it was a pleasant company to be with
A great place to do rewarding work
Donation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Richmond, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Knowing that I am able to help the public is its own reward. Everyday we have wonderful people come into the store and able to get Home Improvement Item that are in good condition at a discounted rate.
Pros
helping others
Great non-profit work
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I think the Habitat for Humanity organization is wonderful, I totally support them. I am still a volunteer for them. I just needed a job that pays more money and has benafits.
Great Experiance
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time and experience with this company, although I had to make the choice to move on and leave company because the hours were not conducive to time I needed to balance my family life style.
Pros
Great cause
Cons
Hours
Volunteer Position
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 28, 2016
This was a volunteer experience while attending school at East Carolina University, in Greenville, NC, as the recipient of East Carolina Maynard Scholarship.
Best place I've ever worked
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAJanuary 27, 2016
This was the best place I have ever worked. They do a lot of good in the community for people. I got to go on a retreat with them, it was wonderful. I got laid off but I took so much with me including friendships. I did a lot of filing, uploading documents, scanning & making copies. Basic office skills were performed.
Pros
Got to do fun things as a group and work together
Fun Workspace
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 27, 2016
It was really fun to work here.My co-workers were awesome.The management was amazing and really nice. I learned about leadership skills and how to react with others and customers. The hardest part was trying to figure out what to do when there was nobody coming in the store. The most enjoyable thing I liked was when I went on break I got ice cream and cookies.
ReStore event
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 26, 2016
I participated in ReStore event, which was an event hosted to aid the victims of natural disasters. The non-profit organization had displayed all the necessities to recover from a natural disaster. I helped by directing and setting up the items in corresponding locations and aiding victims in their needs.
Pros
Helping victims of natural disaesters

Want to know more about Habitat For Humanity?

Ask a question
I Loved the people,I Loved the work and answering the phones
Receptionist Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with everyone at Habitat For Humanity and doing the work it was a wonderful learning from all of them . Habitat for Humanity is a great and warm place to work and learn.I Loved answering phones, collecting mail and doing other office skills. As a intern I learned excel and other things that will help me to go forward into the workforce. Thank you Habitat For Humanity for a great place for me to be and the love you shared with me and others.
Pros
Hardworking people who try to help others
Cons
They were not hiring
Great atmosphere
Sales Floor Associate/ Casher (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 24, 2016
It is a great place to work, you do allot of heavy lifting and moving of furniture. Fellow employees and managers are easy to work with.
hard work low pay
Porter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 20, 2016
7.25 to 7.61 is not enough to unload trucks moving door sinks windows matress etc they have you workin like you get paid the world i quit because i was being belittled by management by complaing and laughing at me in my face about raises or a differnt postion i would never get workin there eveyday its the same slave routine with attitude from lazy store mangers that dont do anything while you assit customers with heavy items out the store and intake in the back i work for 2 yrs almost 3 but i reached my breaking point in 2015 n walked out
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Low pay for hard work
great co-workers
week internship (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORJanuary 19, 2016
they provide a great work envirment it was fun to go and volunteer there im sad I couldn't go there anymore after I graduted from angell job corps
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short breaks
Fun experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 15, 2016
I only did this as a volunteer job. I did not make any money.
I helped build a house for a less fortunate and deserving family.

Frankly this portion of this assessment is bothersome. I am just trying to get a job, why does it matter what experiences I had somewhere else? All of this is irrelevant to being hired. The experience was great and I have nothing else to say about it.
not your average job by far
DeConstruction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 15, 2016
Thought it was a great opportunity in the beginning, really felt like I was aiding the community. Good organization overall, wrong people in some positions.
I really enjoyed this job.
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewton, ALJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day was getting furniture from warehouse after sales or to load to customers. I learned so much about sales and also how to be a leader. The hardest part was having to put my 2 week notice in due to having to relocate with my son.
very nice
Donation / Cashier /Clerical (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Enjoy the experience of being the office and working in the restore fast paced at time really enjoy working with great people
Could be a fun place to work depending on if there was a ride by from higher management.
Sales Associate/ Intern Manager (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJanuary 12, 2016
I never hated going into work. It wasn't the work that was stressful it was the time frame you had to get everything done in. There was never enough time for the management work to get done because the manager was having to be a cashier for a couple of as each day as well. And if the systems went down on anything you had to wait for them to get up & running to get the work done. Or had to start over which would take more time out of your day which gave you no home life. Circle Is not that bad but could be more family orientated
Pros
Good pay good insurance
Cons
VERY Stressful
Lively and dynamic job culture
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2016
It feels good to be part of a team that is able to help save the environment through re-purposing materials and then using the money generated from sales to give to the community.

4.4