Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Volunteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2017
I wasn't paid for my services. I was a volunteer for a short period of time.It was a great overall experience. I would recommend everyone at some point to volunteer to help build home for people in need.
Fun building projects and a down to earth Work and crew
Comunity Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2017
Building houses for the poor was a new experience that I really enjoyed. The part I like best is getting to climb the houses and hammer in nails into different parts of the house, meeting the architect and seeing how a house is built from blue prints to finishing. Being in a work environment that is diverse in both field and experiences, I got to meet a lot of interesting people (college students, veterans, and people passionate in helping the community.
Pros
Free lunches, Diverse Culture, Different Locations, Great People
i stocked and organized shelves and cleaned
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDApril 18, 2017
I stocked and organized shelves, cleaned, and received and cleaned donated goods. I learned many skills applicable to jobs in the maintenance and cleaning type of work.
Pros
Nice people and good enviornment to work in
Cons
People work well together, unlike many places I have seen, bickering is very common in the workplace but at habbitat its relaxing and people just work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 18, 2017
Its just something to do. I feel bored so I can do that at least. I learned how to tag items before stocking them on a shelf, but other wise all the work i did was pretty familiar.
Hard, rewarding work
GROUP WORKER (Former Employee) –  Posnan, PolandApril 18, 2017
We were tasked with helping a family construct their new house made completely out of recycled and renewable resources. We made bricks for the walls and helped construct the roof of the house.
This is a volunteer job. I don't make money, just meet with the campus chapter to schedule events.
Member (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 16, 2017
Being a part of Habitat for Humanity has taught me how to work with others, and gave me an insight on how to help others out in life. I enjoy being a part of the campus chapter.
Pros
Friends, food
Cons
Slightly time consuming (not bad)
Non-Profit
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 14, 2017
I was very grateful for the time I was able to volunteer my time with this great organization. I was not paid but rather donated my time to help the community.
Productive Work Place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2017
A typical day at work consist of Helping and giving back to the community. I have learned how to be appreciative of my blessings and also how to give build homes.
Pros
Community Service, Giving back
Cons
No Pay
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 13, 2017
I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore three days per week. I swept, cleaned, and kept the area tidy for customers. I worked on a class project and helped customers carry items out of the store.
A very good place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Struthers, OHApril 12, 2017
My personal experience there was very good. Everyone I worked with was very nice and easy to get along with. The management was very understanding of your needs and wants. The customers made my job very fun. There was a large diversity of people that shopped there which challenged me but I loved every minute of it.
Great place to work ,fast paced busy work
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 12, 2017
Great place to work excepted donations from people to sale in restore to raise money to build houses for people in need ,I drove a 16 ft box truck to locations and would pick up donations from them .
Fun experience
Volunteer Service for Habitat for Humanity (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2017
I volunteered with a friend; I plan on volunteering more often in the future. It was very satisfying to be able to help others as well as learn how to use different tools.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Sore limbs the next day
Truly rewarding experience
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 10, 2017
A typical day was long and busy, many overtime days and days of obstacles were routine. The most fulfilling and gratifying job I every had. Being a part of changing the life of a family is nothing less than humbling. Truly felt I was making a difference one family at a time..
Pros
Changing lives for the better
Cons
Working with the families of Grand rapids building houses
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2017
It was one of the best moments of my life watching the faces of the kids as they saw their new homes something I Will never forget we helps with a lot of projects many of them I worked on and gain experience from them
Pros
Fast learner, listener, leadership, stay focused
Cons
Glasses
it was a fun work place i had a great time working.
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 6, 2017
It was a good experience working with them. I learned a few things also. Habitat for Humanity is a good place to do volunteer work to gain skill in different types of trades/
Pros
good learning
Cons
not long enough breaks
Great place to volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 6, 2017
They do a lot of good work for people, great volunteer experience, and it is great for helping the local community. I learned how to organize the logistics of the re-store and worked as a volunteer. The management really care about other people and it is a great environment to work in.
Pros
Great volunteer experience
Cons
No pay
great place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 5, 2017
worked there for a summer learning new things about truck that I never new boss was very helpful and was a pleasure to work with and to work for, go back for sure
package meals, cutting up vegetables, and putting away supplies.
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 5, 2017
When I arrived I had to pack up meals for meals on wheels, put away supplies, and dispersal of garbage. The hardest part of the job was putting three meal in a bag in a short time .the best time I had there was learning how to prep food.
Pros
Learning new things.
Cons
Trying to get meals into bags in a short amount of time.
nice co-workers and regular costmers.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 4, 2017
A typical day would be filled with moving one thing to another place to make room for future materials. Some days we would all be needed to move huge furniture that would take a lot of effort.
Pros
people helped you when you needed help
Cons
heavy funiture to move
Volunteer work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2017
I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity and it was a good challenging work environment. Great people with great opportunities. Would volunteer again. Fun place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4