Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,000 reviews matching the search
It is a good volunteer organization.
Board Member (Current Employee) –  Batesville, ARJuly 20, 2017
It is a good place to get involved in your local community. However there is a little bit of a time commitment that ifor you are not ready to give can cause issues.
Giving Back
Americorps Construction Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2017
As an Americorps Construction crew leader i was able to give back to a struggling community within the low income market. Helping create the piece of mind for the future home buyers is a wonderful experince
Great Place to Work
Construction Crew Leader (Americorps) (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 18, 2017
A wonderful place to work. The construction aspect is hard work, but rewarding and fun. You get to meet lots of great volunteers and partner families with great stories to tell.
Pros
Great volunteers
best work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 18, 2017
the restore is the best place to work or shop for what u need or to make a few friends. anyone can help custumers as best as they can and get appreciated for ur time and efforts to the cause.
Busy Retail Store. Under staffed to achieve set goals.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 18, 2017
Busy retail environment. Constant change as items come in and get purchased quickly. Big turn over of stock and have different items all the time.

Only 2 stores in Ventura County, Oxnard and Simi, so the budget is very low. We, at the store, are under a lot of pressure to achieve goals that we don't have the man hours or payroll to achieve, which affects the minimum paid workers' willingness to be "involved" in reached said goals.
Pros
Working for a Non Profit is prideful.
Cons
Low budget, under staffed, no HR dept, no air cond., upper mngmnt constantly changes direction.
When new management came all went bad
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2017
It doesn't matter how good you are or how much money you make the store/company if they are threatened by your work ethics they will remove that threat.
Pros
I am Awesome, i learned a lot, and still want to help others decide what is best for their situation.
Cons
Evil people do evil things
Very Productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 14, 2017
Most enjoyable part of volunteering was seeing the face filled with joy of the veterans you help build a home for. It was an amazing feeling helping those people in need.
great place to work with
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2017
I was only a volunteer there helping to build houses along side the company i worked for an it was great . very positive team always helping each other and working together
volunteer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95350July 11, 2017
Habitat for Humanity is all around wonderful, Most people there are there because they want to be. Its a great resource for individuals that need to do community service hours and the staff is friendly.
Pros
helping people in various ways
Habitat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 11, 2017
It was summer work as a student. The work place was dirty. Half of the people there didn't care or didn't know what they were doing. There was no benefits, no pay.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
A fun place to learn about hardware store
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 10, 2017
Habitat is an awesome place to learn how to work different operations of a hardware store. From pricing items to helping out customers find something they like and helping them put their items in their vehicle.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
customer has an attitude
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 9, 2017
good benefits Fun place to work management is fair fast work place day goes by fast pay is decent no overtime trackers on trucks but overall good place to work
Volunteer
Part Time Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2017
I only do this as a volunteer. I have never actually worked for this company. I do love volunteering with them though.I have never had a bad experience with them.
Pros
Great place to volunteer with
Good Organization
Work Supervisor-Volunteer (Former Employee) –  ARJuly 7, 2017
-Nice work culture
-Interesting people
-Hard working organization
-Organized
-They balance the work day well so that everyone is over worked
-Teach the culture of the country
it was a good experience to work for habitat for humanity
Volunteer work as part of my training (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJuly 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be described as a good day in the construction industry and you are able to get experience out of a full days work. I learned that u can do something nice and not have to be paid for the work you did. The management was good and I learned a lot from the management team there.
Great volunteer opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 7, 2017
I had a great time volunteering. This was a volunteer opportunity given to college freshmen and I took it. I made a lot of friends and was able to help a great organization. I also picked a slug up off of a piece of wood because everyone else was scared to touch it. I was proud of myself.
Great Organization
Corporate Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2017
HFHI has a great culture and is an organization of morals. The management team is supportive yet there are not many lateral moves in certain departments.
Good introduction to employment
Customer Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 6, 2017
The work was simple enough, but provided physical and mental challenges that could be solved either alone or with a team. I recommend this position to anyone looking for a place to start.
Non-Profit Organization
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAJuly 6, 2017
They function from volunteers working and hire a few people. They build homes for low income families that have gone through some major life set back. They partner with many other community programs and organizations.
Kind-Hearted Organization
Captain and Founder (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 5, 2017
Management may not get back to you well
Limited volunteer opportunities you're a minor
Wonderful experiences in volunteering
Make a difference in community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4