Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

Habitat for Humanity
Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJune 21, 2016
Working for the Habitat for Humanity organization was a challenge that I enjoyed immensely. The group of administrators that ran our chapter worked well together to create new ideas,and plans. We spent months developing from the ground up, a complete neighborhood of homes for a group of low income families. Starting with obtaining the land from the city, to the selection process of the families, then the 'build' of each home with all the families working together. It was an honor to be a part of this organization.
Blessing and humble.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 14, 2016
Going into this volunteer group I had no idea what I was getting in to! But the lead builders took the time to talk and educate every step that took place in building the house we built, every Saturday was a blessing and humble day because I was able to help build a home from the ground up and help a family get back on their feet. There really isn't quite better then being able to give your time to someone who deserves it.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
None!
overall good place to work
Customer service/Floor salesperson (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 13, 2016
A fast paced job preparing and pricing merchandise for resale, helping customers, etc.. The store was not climate controlled so temperature changes were a challenge and rearranging the furniture was a challenge when the place was full and the donation truck came in. I enjoyed working with the other employees and volunteers and seeing the regular customers daily.
Good experience with frustrated costumers
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2016
The idea of selling one's belongings that they no longer want is a work of genius. The way revenue is generated and spent is done expertly. I strongly approve the work being done by this company. I feel as though my interactions with people improved as well. Costumers would often come in trying to bargain as hard as they could. I feel this grew my skills in dealing with costumers that were not receiving the deals they imagined, but come to an acceptable compromise.
Pros
Thirty minute lunch break
Cons
Heavy lifting
It was a fun place to learn many things
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 6, 2016
I learned everything from cement to dry wall. When I started working with Habitat I knew nothing of construction. My school partnered with them so we could learn and become certified in many trades. I'm happy that I got this opportunity. My bosses are wonderful to work with and they have taught me more than just skills of the trade and we had fun doing it. The only bad thing I can think of is working in with the elements but if you dressed properly it wasn't bad over all.
Pros
learning skills of different trades
Habitat for Humanity of Wilson County
Social Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 21, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to learn Habitat for Humanity's entire process from beginning to end. I met lots of wonderful people while maintaining the volunteer registry and while being on the job site actually watching the magic happen. I loved being able to be a part of it all. I participated in an unpaid internship at this company, and enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Too many to list
I loved it!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAMay 27, 2016
I loved working here. It was challenging. Sometimes we were on a construction site and others we were setting up big events for fundraising. It was rewarding because you helped families find homes and were heavily involved in community interest.
Pros
Help the community, great co-workers and personal support.
Cons
Small staff meant extra work loads
Building homes.
Home Builder (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 17, 2016
Working for Habitat For Humanity was a great experience that I would recommend to anybody.
Though the work is hard and you may sometimes encounter hot heat, You're surrounded by good people who are all striving to better someone's life and at the same time their own community.
Pros
Helping Others, Bettering Community, ect.
Cons
Physically Demanding.
Great learning Experience while helping others!
Volunteer Worker for Habitat for Humanity (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2016
Volunteered during 2012 where I would fix up low income housing for new families to buy or rent, I've learned a lot from volunteering my time at Habitat For Humanity that really built into the career I was going for at the time!
Pros
Friendly People, Frequent Breaks, Understanding
A great place to gain knowledge and experience.
Multi-task Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelton, WAMarch 9, 2016
With my time working there I met so many great minds, all with their own story of how they ended up contributing to the community as their small step in saving the world, our habitat. A great place I plan to stay in touch with for most likely the rest of my life.
Pros
Free lunch, on-the-job training, networking, welcoming work place.
Cons
Volunteer work doesn't pay bills...
Engaging & Hands-On Construction Site, working with volunteers
Construction & Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2016
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to the mission of rebuilding New Orleans, and I am honored to have worked alongside such great men and women.

I led teams of volunteers thru all building cycles of a single-floor dwelling. Participated and led a team for a "blitz build" for "Build A Thon", where all NOAHH staff worked 11 days on to build 10 houses in 10 days, with the direct help of over 500 HFH staffers (2 teams, worked for 5 days each).
Pros
Community, learn comprehensive construction process, transferable skills
Cons
Low pay (Americorps based program)
IF you love what you do you realy dont work a day
Construction Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2016
Laborer/ Carpentry/ Carpenter/ Training, working along side Habitat For Humanity, carpentry, working on houses/ doing construction work on houses/ working on homes foundations/ Laying concrete for homes/ using hammer and nail to sandwich two by four and wooden poles together, building homes for the homeless
Pros
Helping good peopl find homes
Cons
not enough time in a day i loved my job
Productive group with a good cause that works towards goals
Vice president (Former Employee) –  Worcester Academy, Worcester, MAJune 8, 2016
When I joined Habitat for Humanity I did not know exactly what I was doing. However, I learned skills such as working as part of a team and a larger cause that would benefit communities rather than individuals. I learned how to be assertive, and how to problem solve. It was quite social, and the people were genuine and kind. There were big projects such as building houses, but also small projects such as building community gardens, landscaping, and fundraisers. Working on job sites was the best part of the job because of the visible progression of things and because of the group effort. Surprisingly, the only hard parts of the job were organizing groups of volunteers for the site jobs and sometimes the physical labor. Otherwise, Habitat for Humanity was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Helping communities, Good people, Learn new skills (construction, finance)
Cons
More of a volunteer job
I Loved the people,I Loved the work and answering the phones
Receptionist Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with everyone at Habitat For Humanity and doing the work it was a wonderful learning from all of them . Habitat for Humanity is a great and warm place to work and learn.I Loved answering phones, collecting mail and doing other office skills. As a intern I learned excel and other things that will help me to go forward into the workforce. Thank you Habitat For Humanity for a great place for me to be and the love you shared with me and others.
Pros
Hardworking people who try to help others
Cons
They were not hiring
hard work low pay
Porter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 20, 2016
7.25 to 7.61 is not enough to unload trucks moving door sinks windows matress etc they have you workin like you get paid the world i quit because i was being belittled by management by complaing and laughing at me in my face about raises or a differnt postion i would never get workin there eveyday its the same slave routine with attitude from lazy store mangers that dont do anything while you assit customers with heavy items out the store and intake in the back i work for 2 yrs almost 3 but i reached my breaking point in 2015 n walked out
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Low pay for hard work
Hard work for good people, bad managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAApril 2, 2016
the majority of the job was moving large furniture around the building. customers are usually good people and most of the employees are too. Hope any of you dont get such godawful managers though.
Pros
knowing you are helping the community, simple
Cons
laborus, unfriendly management
Wonderful mission compromised by dysfunctionality.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 10, 2016
Wonderful work happening here. It could be so much better if senior management was better at communicating and didn't waffle on so many issues. Not a whole lot of listening going on. If you're committed to the mission, you might be able to look past the short comings and find your place here.
Interesting and fast-paced
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 22, 2016
On a typical day you begin by stocking, pricing, or cleaning items and throughout the day you sort through deliveries and help customers find everything they need and answer any questions they have. I learned how to manage my time and become confident in my work.
Productive non-profit
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 22, 2016
The Habitat for Humanity non-profit provides housing for those in need, and free lunch on the weekends. A typical day at work includes being provided necessary equipment, meeting with employees on site, and leaving when the supervisors decide to do so.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
supervisors stare*
Could be a fun place to work depending on if there was a ride by from higher management.
Sales Associate/ Intern Manager (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJanuary 12, 2016
I never hated going into work. It wasn't the work that was stressful it was the time frame you had to get everything done in. There was never enough time for the management work to get done because the manager was having to be a cashier for a couple of as each day as well. And if the systems went down on anything you had to wait for them to get up & running to get the work done. Or had to start over which would take more time out of your day which gave you no home life. Circle Is not that bad but could be more family orientated
Pros
Good pay good insurance
Cons
VERY Stressful

4.4