Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Volunteer Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Volunteer Service, Great Work Environment, Great Leadership
Cons: Labor Intensive
I loved volunteering with Habitat. The work/life balance was basically a non-issue since I was able to volunteer for times that fit into that balance. It's hard to talk about compensation when volunteering because it is non-financial. I gave my time to help a family in need and that is enough compensation in itself. There will always be a need for volunteers but job security/advancement are also a non-issue. When you volunteer you are secure, but you are giving your time and whatever knowledge you possess helps you achieve more in that time. When it comes to management, every carpenter that I have worked with for Habitat has been great. They all seemed exceptionally skilled at identifying the difficulty of the work to be done and assigning the right volunteer to the job. Volunteer culture is probably the best work environment that I can think of. Everyone is there to get work done and sometimes we would have fun while doing it.
Good Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 22, 2015
Start up the day by having a team meting and get assignment for the day. Then get to work either building,painting or clean up. good experience for me it was fun and it show me a lot about team work.
great experience
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES / VOLUNTEER WORK (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: worked outside in the sun
Volunteer hours were great!
We built houses for low income people
I also installed shingles and siding for these houses
Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJuly 22, 2015
- Responsible for coordinating volunteers for Habitat for Humanity for builds/restores and ReStore warehouse positions, local advertising, and manage donations.
Was just a volunteer and had a ball
Volunteer (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Awesome workers
Cons: Not enough Volunteers
I learned a lot about this company that made is possible for ordinary people obtain a house!

My work day included helping anyone who needs help but mostly the Engagement Coordinator.

I learned a lot about marketing and behind the scene of Social Media.
Learning Experience
Delivery Driver/Volunteer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Learning heavy machinery
Cons: bad environment
This job gave me the chance to become Experienced on many types of machinery. Get established in the working environment.
New Technical Skills acquired.
Donation Processor (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: The work was strenuous at times, but overall educational.
Cons: I would have like to stayed, but with the downsizing of personal i was let go.
I was able to take from this job a new job skill in the operation of a piece of heavy equipment I have never operated before.I will be able to add this new skill to my resume and knowledge.
Volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: travelling, meeting people
Cons: no pay
OK job, reaching out to people and promoting the organization. As a volunteer obviously didn't get paid. Also did not stay for too long, two months.
great customer service
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT/STORE LEAD (Former Employee), pensacola flJuly 15, 2015
Pros: hour rate benefits
Cons: very heavy lifting
cashier,take in donates price items put on sales floor work with and meet great people.take call for donation pickups,maintain a clean work place
fulfilling place to work in.
Warehouse, customer associate (Former Employee), Riverside CAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: helping customers with their buying needs.
Cons: acute moments of inactivity.
Overall, my term at Habitat for Humanity was worthwhile. - I was kept busy loading and unloading stock and helping customers with their product questions and purchasing choices.
I learned some things about retail sales.
My co-workers were nice people and committed to the operation.
The hardest part of the job for me were the acute moments of inactivity, brought on by a lack of customers and/or lack of product to load or unload.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer become satisfied with a purchase.
Organized in a timely matter
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: hot
Volunteering at the Habitat for Humanity is a good place to be at if you're having trouble working with groups. Out of the experience I learned to have more patience since I was on my feet a lot.
Never trust anyone
Receptionist/Warehouse (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 9, 2015
Was a great job, AC and heated area untill I was moved to the corner of the metal warehouse with no AC and no heat. Once again I was reminded to NEVER TRUST ANYONE!
Productive, always something new to learn.
Apprentice for construction (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch, Smoke breaks, over-time, benefits
Cons: two days of work permitted, unreliable schedule
Contractors gather workers for a meeting to discuss the plans for the day before hand and come to a mutual agreement. Learned diverse things involving the ethics of construction. Concrete, Drywall, Electrical, Power Tools, Identifying Safety Hazards, How to work with a group of people, etc. Co-workers respected when you're on the clock or doing a job. Weather conditions made the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was constantly being productive.
Cooperative Work Environment
Construction Volunteer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaliforniaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Cooperative and friendly coworkers
Cons: None
Productive and fun work environment with complete strangers working towards helping families in need of effective and affordable housing.
Laid back
Mortgage Assistant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 2, 2015
Laid back place to work without being micromanaged. They do help people getting into a new home that is not able to afford a traditional mortgage through a bank.
A great cause
Volunteer Laborer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Fun Co Workers and easy enviroment
Cons: Exhausting work
This is a real good place to be if you want to learn what a retail place offers such as walmart or publix. a lot of the same tasks apply, but Habitat for humanity is a lot calmer and much more easy going. most of their employees are volunteers.
Unpredictable, but fun and worth wild.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FlJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers and manager, and sense of accomplishment.
Cons: It can be difficult, to tell what the manegent above the individual store level is trying to do, and and lot of effort gets spent sorting out worth wild donations from trash.
Habit makes for an unpredictable work day, since you never know what or how much stuff is going to come in. Everyone is more than willing help each other when they're over runned, but we're usually under staffed. So It's a constant race to process and sell everything as fast as in comes in. But the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day make it all worth it.

My coworkers are great company and are great at the jobs. The Manager is really good about keeping everyone informed, and is easy to get along with.

I learned a lot from my time working at Habit, and I would recommend it to anyone preparing to enter the job market.
fun
member (Current Employee), collegeJune 29, 2015
This is community service. not a job. i do this through my school. We raise a lot of money to help those who need it. I glad i joined. really dont have much to say because its not a job.
Great team members
Team Leader (Former Employee), North CaroliaJune 29, 2015
I had a great time helping people when they are in need. There is nothing like some good old fashioned physical labor to get things done.
Precision is key
Volunteer (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIJune 23, 2015
Denture production is quite the process and DTI Ward knows how to proficiently execute it. Great working environment and awesome pay

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries

Assistant Manager
$11.56 per hour

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself