Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

A great cause
Volunteer Laborer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Fun Co Workers and easy enviroment
Cons: Exhausting work
This is a real good place to be if you want to learn what a retail place offers such as walmart or publix. a lot of the same tasks apply, but Habitat for humanity is a lot calmer and much more easy going. most of their employees are volunteers.
Unpredictable, but fun and worth wild.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FlJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers and manager, and sense of accomplishment.
Cons: It can be difficult, to tell what the manegent above the individual store level is trying to do, and and lot of effort gets spent sorting out worth wild donations from trash.
Habit makes for an unpredictable work day, since you never know what or how much stuff is going to come in. Everyone is more than willing help each other when they're over runned, but we're usually under staffed. So It's a constant race to process and sell everything as fast as in comes in. But the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day make it all worth it.

My coworkers are great company and are great at the jobs. The Manager is really good about keeping everyone informed, and is easy to get along with.

I learned a lot from my time working at Habit, and I would recommend it to anyone preparing to enter the job market.
fun
member (Current Employee), collegeJune 29, 2015
This is community service. not a job. i do this through my school. We raise a lot of money to help those who need it. I glad i joined. really dont have much to say because its not a job.
Great team members
Team Leader (Former Employee), North CaroliaJune 29, 2015
I had a great time helping people when they are in need. There is nothing like some good old fashioned physical labor to get things done.
Precision is key
Volunteer (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIJune 23, 2015
Denture production is quite the process and DTI Ward knows how to proficiently execute it. Great working environment and awesome pay
Habitat for Humanity is a wonderful organization
Store Manager/Home Preservation Coordinator (Former Employee), Richland WAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great mission
Cons: no benefits
Loved it. Spent time with wonderful people working for an amazing cause. Made a difference each and everyday. Christ centered and faith based.
fun laid back work environmnet
office assiatant (Current Employee), spopkane, waJune 22, 2015
Great group of people to work for. Very accommodating to my schedule, able to learn more about office assisting though hands on experience. Friendly co-workers, casual business to work for.
Love to work with the volunteer's there.
Construction Laborer (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: None
We get volunteers from all of the country. And it is just fun to hear about how they joined americorps and how it is helping them in road of life. We learn a lot of new things like having to use nail guns which use gun powder to help drive in the nail's which is very interesting. We also have experience people who work in construction there at the site. So, if you have any question's or help with anything you people there who can help you.
It is just a great time volunteering and helping rebuild communities and seeing the finished home and say I helped build that.
A good challenge
ASSISTANT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Build someone a home
Cons: In intense heat
I helped with nailing the boards to the house
I learned how to be adaptable at short notice
My job was constantly changing so I just did whatever the workers needed me to do
Co-workers were very gruff and scruffy from being outside but over all pleasant company
Hardest part of the job was to find all the fallen nails
Best part of the job was working with others
Compliance
Compliance & Training Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 21, 2015
Pros: opportunity to utilize my education and experience, autonomy
Cons: lack of opportunity to advance
I enjoy the ability to utilize my education and experience as a compliance and training officer with this company. My position requires the management of people and time. A typical day involves assisting our affiliates with compliance issues and conducting audits. My co-workers and I work well as a team to accomplish our mission. The hardest part of the job is meeting some, but not most, deadlines. The most enjoyable part is helping our homeowners and home applicants.
A great way to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), New Haven, ConnecticutJune 18, 2015
If you are a person who likes to volunteer, Habitat is the way to go or at least in New Haven. There is so much you can learn and you're helping your community by participating and there are many awesome people to meet.
free food
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 18, 2015
we were to build homes in less than a month, and also we worked as a team together to build these homes. there wasn't a hard part about the job, except lifting, heavy lifting, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the family whom the home had been built for seeing that new home for the first time .
Fast paced and rewarding environment
volunteer (Former Employee), Prineville, ORJune 15, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: I wish I had more time to volunteer there.
I enjoyed volunteering for this organization. I learned many skills; such as, repairing furniture, stripping paint, and customer service.The management was great, and staff were supportive.
easy-going, fun environment to work in
Volunteer (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: no pay since I was only a volunteer
The typical work day for me was to organize shelves, move furniture around to make the showroom appealing, and to unload trucks or cars that had donations. I learned a lot about working together as a team and quick problem solving skills. The management was really nice and friendly. I did not think there was anything hard about the job at all, everything was doable. The most enjoyable part about the job was working with my coworkers.
Volunteered during school
Volunteer (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJune 10, 2015
A Great experience for students of related fields. And working for a great cause while learning! Lunch provided as well
Great productive team work and leadership.
Construction coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: staff lunch, great vacations, cell phone reimbursement, leadership skills
Work day's were Great for me, It was always a new day for something to be accomplished. I learned a small amount of time management, Leadership skills and training. Worked with volunteers on a day basis. Enjoyed the atmosphere of volunteers taking pleasure of a great cause. Management is superb, always staying on top of their job duties, that provided the team a working setup. Management was close to it's, Employees! After days work, I would go home and think about how to have better relationships with co-workers. Providing co-workers with energetic ideas had me going. Working with excellent co-workers had the hardest part of the job accomplished before hand. Hands Down! I loved the leadership skills I was taught, It was so eagering to learn skills and show others them.
Fun
Driver/Driver Helper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks
Cons: Long days
This was a great experience for giving back to the community and opening my eyes to the real hardships of others. One day i will return to this organization.
fun experience, you do a little of everything here. painting, cleaning organizing and building.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresno CaJune 2, 2015
keep up the good work, this habitat is helping a lot of people in need. The staff are people that are willing to give their time to help others in one way or another.
Exciting, great environment, fun co-workers
property manager (Former Employee), Worcester MassachusettsJune 1, 2015
I believe that this particular employment opportunity was beneficial, because I got to see the workings of green energy initiatives from both the bureaucratic and finical side, as well as seeing them installed, and having ideas come to fruition. The employees there were great, but as I only worked there for a summer it was difficult to gauge the entire workplace. The hardest part was that much of – more... the work is left up to the individual, meaning there is not a boss looking over one's shoulder constantly. They assign tasks and expect them to get done, as opposed to constantly monitoring one's progress. This can be both a blessing and a curse depending on the approach one takes to work in general. I would prefer to be left to work alone, however it is east to get side-tracked sometimes as well. – less
A legitimate cause helping people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJune 1, 2015
I enjoy giving back to the community, and this was an outlet to do that. Building homes from the ground up for those who need it is such a wonderful feeling! I'm glad to be a part of this organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries

Driver
$10.50 per hour

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself