Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Family Partner Program Director (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 22, 2014
Pros: employee benefits are great
Cons: turnover of executive directors
I regret leaving Habitat-NYC because I experience great training, growth and opportunity to produce as an employee there.
Slow Paced
Volunteer as an Office Assistant (Former Employee), Easton, MDOctober 22, 2014
Very slow paced not a lot to do. Very organized and direct. Management was very easy going very interesting place to work
A great place to work and volunteer for a great cause.
Volunteer, Julia's Cafe and Books (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2014
Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity in Julia's Cafe & Books is a rewarding, fulfilling experience where the proceeds go to a great cause of building homes for those in need who in turn pay it back to build more homes for others.
HAd fun volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Minot, NDOctober 17, 2014
I had fun actually going to a job site and building. It was a good experience and helped others who had no homes.
great coworkers horrible management
Customer service and Sales (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, great coworkers
Cons: management is very condescending and put others before employees
Management is not very confident to most procedures. There is diffidently an us and them dynamic between salary and hourly employees. Two set of rules for most employees. Great pay and coworkers are fun.
Helping others
Database Specialist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: budget cuts
Giving back to the community, Helping built homes. Community services
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), phoenixOctober 3, 2014
Working here show people still out there helping people in need.
poroductive
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: no advancements
assisting customers, inventory, donations, cleaning, stocking, cashier
Great and helpful working enviroment
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ashwabenon , Wisconsin, USASeptember 29, 2014
I helped the store volunteer as a greeter and stocker. People were so nice there the employees, costumers, and the volunteers. It was a great volunteer experience.
No Two Days Are Ever The Same
ReStore Manager (Current Employee), Mankato, MNSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at the ReStore involves an always changing staff that manages to do great things despite the fact that we can't predict what will be happening in 20 minutes.

Since I love random tasks, it's a great fit for me. I have enjoyed many of the volunteers and other staff I've worked with and many of our customers & donors.

Most rewarding for – more... me has been seeing the final results of mywork. Not only do I know I make a great impact on our environment (we've kept nearly 900 TONS) of building materials out of landfills, but I also know that I've helped change many, many lives for the better. – less
Willamette West Habitat for Humanity
AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORSeptember 29, 2014
This affiliate was great to work at. The affiliate was just starting to go when I finished this position. I enjoyed the area and the team I worked with.
Great establishment
Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, WASeptember 27, 2014
this was the best place iv ever worked management was extremely nice.i leaned how to work a pallet jack learned correct work ethic and clean work place management co workers were amazing compleatly organized and efficient team work. the most difficult part of the job was figuring out break periods.
light work, some heavy lifting, and friendly work invirement
Customer Service (Former Employee), Marysville, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpfull workers
Cons: poor structure
I would help customers with their donations, with finding and moving there store bought merchandise. loading and unloading company tucks. Slow days I tested and cleaned donations getting them floor ready. Then I would stock the floor with the floor ready items. Also I would sanitize/clean floors, shelves, warehouse, bathroom, windows and floor items.

Managenment – more... was great very helpfull and informative. My co-workers were very friendly, professional, having great team and work ethics.

The hardest part of my job is the slow time. Because I like to stay busy. The more steady work I do the faster the workday will go.

I most enjoyed the friendy work environment and staying busy working with my hands. – less
I was pleased with work
Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new customers daily
Cons: pay rate wasnt that great.
It was stable income. It gave a lot of interaction with people experience
productive and fun .
Construction Worker (Former Employee), Monroe, LASeptember 19, 2014
• Clean tables.
• Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
• Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
• Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
• Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove empty bottles and trash.
• Perform serving, – more... cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, such as cafeterias or dining rooms, to facilitate customer service.
• Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
• Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
• Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
• Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from kitchens or supply departments to serving counters.
• Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance. – less
Great1
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Loved it. The other employees were great to work in. It is a very peaceful and quiet enviroment to work in. I also learned new things while I was there.
not the best pay scale
Temporary Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 11, 2014
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work – more... and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. – less
Great Company
Volunteer (Former Employee), Mableton, GASeptember 11, 2014
Built House For Widow, Who Had Just Lost Her Husband And Job. So We Built Her A House And Everything Was Paid Up For An Entire Year.
Great learning experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Los Banos, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free food, amazing feeling
Cons: lifting heavy things.
While I volunteered at 'Habitat For Humanity' I realized it doesn't take much to help others. A simple lift or a paintbrush to the wall is all it takes to help someone. It's a great experience for young people, actually everyone, working together to get something done, it brings the whole community together. I learned a lot from volunteering here. the – more... best part is the feeling after you've helped someone, not for the money but because you wanted too. – less
Great place for interns
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great environment, great people, and great organization.
Cons: none really
I was a marketing intern with the homestore in Orangeburg. It was a great experience that allowed me to help a good organization become more efficient.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos