Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

Fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 23, 2015
I was only a volunteer there but they had a solid staff and volunteer circle going on. Management was great , friendly and helpfull.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours
Habitat is been very good to me and I hate to leave but I just can't get enough hours
laid off
AmeriCorps/Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Robbins, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: helping other
Cons: moving from job sites in the middle of the day
enjoying helping low income families get homes built, and making sure homes we worked on was up to the standard for the community
Good place to work for.
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2015
My typical work day would go by fast depending on the flow of customers that came in. I learned more about flooring and the different types of tile. The most thing I enjoyed was meeting all different types of people on the daily.
was very fun and the work environment was awsome!
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Summerville, SCJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of building houses, and doing fundraisers. We also did things for the community as need like, build things for the elderly and handicapped.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Maple Shade, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Volunteering my time at habitat showed me how important non-profits really are, not only for the community, but for the environment as well. They allowed me to rearrange the display room, which ultimately saved floor space and made it easier for customers to shop. I volunteered during a 3 month span and plan on donating more of my time for their amazing cause.
Wonderful management and loyal customers
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at work at Marathon consisted of opening or closing the store. Keeping the store clean and organized was a great deal throughout the day. Waiting and talking with customers was wonderful and always a new learning experience. The management was great, they always helped employees achieve whatever it is they needed to do. The co-workers always had positive attitudes and was always very friendly and courteous. The hardest part of the job was leaving it due to new owners taking over. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
i worked there for 3 months
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 13, 2015
i got up at 8 i went there till 4 i had worked five hours i had learned alot of cool things i learned how to hang a fan from the ceiling the hardest was when your tired and you have to pull off one more hour
Well intentioned organization
Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Their mission is admirable, but could do so much more if restructured. Local affiliates vary drastically from location to location. Overall, organization is well respected, but needs to improve.
I loved working there but I need a job that pays.
Volunteering, Habitat For Humanity (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work. You get to meet some very interesting people and see some very interesting things. However, I was only volunteering and I am looking for a paying job in which there is opportunity for advancement. It was always a very bury workplace and I enjoyed the bustle of working in a busy place.
fun, learning expirence
Secretary, Receptionist (Former Employee), Okeechobee, FLJanuary 7, 2015
•Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
•Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
•Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
•Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks.
•Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
•Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
•Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
•Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
•Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
pull permits
contact contractors
schedule drop off of supplies
Schedule volunteers
•Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
•Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services.
•Plan and direct development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder perceptions of an organization's accomplishments and agenda.
•Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups. – more...
•Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stockholders' reports.
•Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public and with employees.
•Confer with production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements and promotions.
•Confer with other managers to identify trends and key group interests and concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
•Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product and service awareness and to promote goodwill.
•Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals. – less
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: i gained hands on experience such as framing, installaing windows & doors, roofing, waterproofing, installing siding, painting, and tiling.
Cons: n/a
I work with Habitat for Humanity in Mobile, AL after I graduated from Auburn University in August of 2014. I was a volunteer. I did this primarily to gain more carpentry experience in the construction field. It was also a great way to give back to my community.
Very Productive, Fun place to work at
Construction Labor (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: helping a family in need
It was nice to go and work on a house to help a family in need, the workers were great and hard working management was exceptionally great. The hardest part of the job is that there was no hard part it was great. The most enjoyable part was showing family their new home for the first time and to see the tears of joy on their faces.
Various Projects Working at Present.
Construction Supervisor & Restore Assistant (Current Employee), 1531 National Ave., Helena, MT 59601December 31, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help others...
Cons: not enough time in the day...
Working with customers
Setting up displays
Working with volunteers
Answering questions on building procedures
Pricing
hmmm
Warehouse Manager/Construction assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 28, 2014
It is not a very good place for anyone with morals. They do not adhere to the safety regulations and have not been ethically following the laws in correlation to running a nonprofit.
Nice And Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 26, 2014
My experience with Habitat for Humanity was indeed a great one . I worked hand in hand with volunteers to stock up donated products and then price them. I really got the chance to talk with the other co-workers while working. The staff also proved to be very resourceful people. Anytime I needed help on the job, they were there to help. This place was worth the time and energy.
fun fun fun
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Big Rapids, MIDecember 26, 2014
Pros: loved working with my friends
Cons: i moved out of the country
Love working with all my friends in my country. Every day newest forms of information I was learning at the job. Lot of communication skills and fun environment to work.
habitat for humanity
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCDecember 20, 2014
I only volunteered for this company but i support anything and everything they are for, or about,.
productive and interesting
Stocker / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 14, 2014
All the co-workers were hard working
I learned how to work as a team here
You never know what were going to get donated so its always fun
Lifting heavy stuff was the hard part
but satisfying the customer and the business made my day.
Disappointment
Volunteer/ Store Lead (Former Employee), Groveland, FLDecember 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people in community
Cons: management
Unethical behavior. Management unwilling to correct unethical behavior.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos