Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

Welcoming environment that values those that are willing to help for the same cause.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAAugust 26, 2016
Extremely welcoming environment that helps, not only you, but the people that you will be doing the work for. I was able to help build a house for families that needed independence from a previous situation in their life and couldn't afford to purchase one on their own.
Fun, awesome environment
Customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2016
I loved working at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, I had so much fun. The supervisors, employees, and volunteers were all really friendly, supportive, and helpful.
Working Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2016
The company could be an excellent company to work for except for no rules and regulations are followed and there is a "double standard" within this organization for those in higher positions. Management needs more training on how to treat employees and how to integrate the company into being cultural friendly.
Pros
Benefits and the mission
Cons
not diverse or culturally sound, decisions are biased more so than factual and not by company bylaws and regulations.
Summer Program was GREAT
Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJAugust 19, 2016
Summer Internship Program was a good way to introduce high school students with life in the "real world". Worked full 40 hour weeks and were able to be placed in jobs that closely matched your interest. Summer Program Coordinator was excellent & really cared about us and our development as young adults.
Pros
Group Peer Meetings, Free Financial Classes, Experience, Networking
Productive and learned alot
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed my intern at Habitat for Humanity. I was able to learn how to audit reports, file things through Habitat's hard drive and work with a diverse group of people.
Loved it
Volunteer Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 14, 2016
Wonderful job love the people.very rewarding. I would do this again. I worked with AmeriCorps so I was on a contract. looking in to the Senior Corps to do something else
Pros
every thing
Habitat
Volunteer/Community Involvement (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 14, 2016
I was able to meet some amazing people while volunteering for Habitat.

I found out that some of the clothes that I donated to them go to third world countries.

I was able to greet customers as they came to help and drop off donations.
I was an intern
Sustainable Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
I was an intern, so I don't have much to say. The staff was super nice. My desk was down in the dungeon, but that was okay. I liked interning here and would work here if given the opportunity
internship
Internship Student-Doing Final project (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2016
Help people who are low income to have a house for their life and also learning of teamwork; my project was research the site and community and created idea to rebuild the Ludlow area .
It's something you'll never forget.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 31, 2016
A day as a volunteer at Habitat for Humanity is a great day, from start to finish. Starting our day we would pray as a group in the store, and as the day progressed you are approached by many wonderful people, helping them with whatever they may need. The managers and workers at Habitat are superb, everyone in the store was treated as family and the volunteers all have strong loving bonds with each other. Every Saturday Management would buy all of the volunteers lunch, and I found that sitting around the break table with everyone talking about our experiences of the day was one of the best parts of the job, the hardest part was probably leaving.
Pros
Free lunches & friendly people.
Cons
Hard labor for some volunteers, and Hot summer days.
Good Opportunity for Student's enrolled in internship program
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2016
I am thank for the opportunity to work for Habitat for Humanity while being a student ITT . However, it would be nice if company would have hiring opportunities for graduates.
Very rewarding job
Volunteer carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJuly 27, 2016
Awesome experience I was able to met many new great people and craftsmen. Very rewarding feeling being able to help out for a good cause.
Positive environment, for a good cause
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Batesville, ARJuly 27, 2016
At this job I work with the public- receiving and processing donations, recruiting and managing volunteers and occasionally run events to raise the profile of the organization within the community at large
Pros
Flexible hours, willing to work around class schedule, allows me to take initiative
Cons
retail
It was exhausting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 22, 2016
Assisting in caring for feral cats and taming them to be re-adopted was hard work. The reward was seeing that cat go home with a new family and being loved.
Fun workplace for volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJuly 21, 2016
I had lots of fun volunteering for Habitat for humanity it was a pleasure to work with the other volunteers and with the staff members there I honestly have no complaints about it.
The restore has plenty of kind people who are willing to help customers without any problems.
Productive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 18, 2016
The managers are fun and interactive people. The environment is extremely hands on and Christian oriented.
Pros
Chrstian Enviroment
Cons
Good Charity to work for, you don't go there for the money.
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 17, 2016
Good Charity to work for, you don't go there for the money. They do good work for people who deserve the help. I consider my time spent there as well spent.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Volunteer Community Service (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 16, 2016
This is a great place to work. It reminds of just how important it is to give back to your community. Its also a great way to get hands on experience.
Great Environment
Family Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
Interning at Habitat for Humanity was an awesome experience. When providing such an open-door policy environment, even interns had a voice, which was reciprocated in our work, I believe.
Excellent Organization to work for.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 14, 2016
Very rewarding working with deserving families within community. Non-profit, Christian organization that is an awesome organization to work for or volunteer.

4.4