Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Lovely helping the community
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 4, 2016
Really enjoyed my time at habitat for humanity as it has been a lot of time put in to organize the store and when some one asks you "this is what I need" and you know where to find it feels great. Could of had better gloves. Ha. Liked the crew and the management. If paid more I'd go back=).
Pros
Breaks (California)
Cons
Barked at for beeing underdog. Tough to deal with. I look for positive critiques.
Volunteer
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 1, 2016
I volunteered for a few years, cleaned up parks, painted tables, answered phones,cleaned bathrooms, filed paperwork. Also helped tear down homes and rebuild from the ground up. Loved the freedom the people were friendly , always had a good time, learned lots, gained people skills.
Pros
Provides water and snacks
Great team work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 30, 2016
We all enjoyed helping people with their gift wrapping and making it easier on the customers. A typical day would be spent greeting people and wrapping their gifts so that the loved ones they were bought for didn't see what was bought for them.
Great organization
Donations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 29, 2016
Great organization doing great things for communities around the world. The company is great to work for - they provide great benefits and going to work is fun, I can even bring my dog on occasion.
The only downside is that the pay is not the best and due to executive positions being paid by grant job security and advancement is limited.
Good energy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 28, 2016
Love the environment. The volunteer work is always good to help out others. I would do it again. It's all for a good cause. People are nice and friendly.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Productive and active workplace also fun
Retail Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 26, 2016
They have dozens of military volunteers that come in and help out twice a week. They were really a big help. They accept donations from all over and refurbish the items and sell them to customers. The money that is raised off of the donations goes into a fund to build a nice home for a low income family.
Pros
free lunch, free snacks, free water, 70% off discount and hold tags for items.
Cons
part time could not exceed 30hours
executive director very difficult to work for
ReStore Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 25, 2016
work with volunteers is wonderful, executive director does not allow you to manage your team than gives bad review when its time for a raise, tells you yes to everything and then says it was never said
Pros
wonderful volunteers
Cons
lack of benefits
Fun place to work at
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Branch, MI 48661November 20, 2016
Very friendly, very productive. Very rewarding to give back to the community. Met various groups of people, it was interesting to become a tiny part of each and everyone's lives by giving what I can.
Great mission and culture
Corporate Partnership Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2016
The organization is making a huge impact on affordable housing and shelter around the world. Its employees are dedicated to its mission and principles. However, the familial culture is not necessary conducive to professional development.
Pros
Laid back culture, compensation is competitive for NGO headquarters
Cons
limited career growth
Great work environment
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2016
Great company to be employed by or even to go and volunteer at. This organization helps make peoples life's and futures better.
Pros
Free lunches on build days!
Cons
Work long hours during peak build season
Not What it Appears
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
A very siloed organization. A severe lack of communication from the top down. There is a lack of trust and respect from the highest level. This non-profit does not live by it's mission.
fun day in humanity
Construction Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 8, 2016
In humanity I learned to build houses and to help out the community for the the people who needed housing and to provide them with homes
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Avarage work place with nice people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORNovember 7, 2016
I kind of enjoyed working at Habitat For Humanity. The working atmosphere was calm and collective. It was an ok work place.
Hard workers who enjoy completing their assigned tasks
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 7, 2016
A great place to work with employees who are very hard working and are only satisfied with perfection. They value great customer satisfaction over everything else along with making sure the job is done correctly.
Good program for low income families
Front Desk Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 3, 2016
I enjoy meeting people who come into Habitat to purchase merchandise. The work environment is family oriented we all help out at the restore. I have learned to work on square and being a cashier. Worked with volunteers. The hardest part of the job is the distance I have moved since working at Habitat,
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
need knowledge on pricing mechandise
Working with other who value continuing to serve
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 3, 2016
Many of the folks that I volunteer with are retired and appreciate the volunteers hours it takes to sustain a community due to lack of funding and resources. I have worked in the Restore and on site and both areas are well-needed and helpful for the overall goal of the area; enriching lives.
Great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAOctober 31, 2016
Very friendly and great place to volunteer. Volunteers can support ReStore staff by assisting customers, stocking shelves, and creating displays. We also need volunteers to help accept donations and go with our drivers on donation pick-ups.
Very Productive and Helping Others
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 31, 2016
Daily work is normally always busy. People coming in to make purchases on furniture and other materials, they need constant assistance. Coworkers as well as volunteers are very reliable and do their best to help others out. While there, it helped me improve my social skills when talking to people in a calm manner while helping them.
Pros
The joy of helping others
Cons
Need to always be careful in the back
Productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with the other volunteers and helping build houses. We did a lot of fundraising events at my college. I would definitely volunteer for this organization again when I have more time to do so.
Pros
They brought the equipment
Cons
Short breaks
Difficult
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 25, 2016
Habitat for Humanity itself is a great program however the management that is currently there is toxic to any one looking to get a foot in the non profit sector. There is no communication and micromanaging is a serious issue.