Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,115 reviews matching the search
Habitat for Humanity Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Great work, friendly environment, great supervisors, great co workers, a lot to learn, a lot taught. You learn a lot within this company because of what is taught
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
slowed paced
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MISeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at habitat for humanity restore was straighten the shelves and reorganize the sales floor and then clean up the new/ used product that was donated to the restore and then place it out on the floor or shelves
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate and Processor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 21, 2017
Working at the Habitat for Humanity was gave me valuable experience. I had to deal with people from different temperaments. It gave me experiences for any future jobs.
Fast pace, ever-changing atmosphere
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2017
A typical day at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore involves receiving donations directly from people that come to our store or from our trucks that pick-up items from donors' homes. We assess, price, and display donated items in the store. We get a continuous flow of merchandise, and items are never exactly the same. We have to learn about the home goods, tools, kitchen and bathroom appliances, lighting, and flooring on our own. I have learned the value of the various items that have been donated to our store. I have learned how to produce quick solutions to problems.
The behavior and tendencies of management is often inconsistent, but I understand that human beings are imperfect.
The culture that I believe management wants to promote is familial and close-knit, and in many cases, that is the way we function. Most of us work very well together as a team, and try to encourage and support one another.
The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency in the direction management leads, the physicality of the job itself - being active non-stop and working in a warehouse store, and being a woman at a job that involves heavy lifting and customers show sexism toward my capabilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the proceeds of what we sell goes directly toward helping people in my community. Despite the frustrations, I know that Habitat for Humanity is ultimately providing great assistance to locals, and I am proud to be a part of that.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy to request time off, considerate of emergencies that arise, easy going atmosphere, good company with a good mission
Cons
Warehouse that has no AC or Heat, physical strain, short breaks, no paid time off, no health benefits, low income
Great Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 20, 2017
Great work site leaders, lots of fun while helping the community. I learned many useful techniques and skills of construction that I can apply to my own personal ventures in the future.
Pros
Learn building skills
Cons
Weather
fun
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Creek, NJSeptember 20, 2017
it was a great place to work because I know that the furniture we were picking up and selling was going to a good cause. for low income housing it was cool
Fun environment
DONATION RECEIVING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORSeptember 19, 2017
The people here are very friendly, it's relaxed never too stressful. The majority of the people here are elders, occasionally there are younger volunteers.
fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hoquiam, WASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed going through boxes of stuff and cleaning items and pricing and putting out to be sold..It was like Christmas everyday.. And I only got to clean items and put out for sale.
Pros
helped me get community service done
Cons
Not hiring its volunteer work
Smoove and nice place to work.
Warehouse Assistant / Retail Restore (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 19, 2017
As a warehouse assistant I help bring merchandise from warehouse to restore to be cleaned, priced and ready to be sold. And as a retail restore assistant (Saturday) I help assist customers (customer service) by helping sell different products also help customers load product into vehicles.
Pros
great work scheldule
Cons
not enough hours in a week
Construction
Construction (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Was a great place to work. Employees were all treated like family. It was a fast paced yet fun environment where everything got done and laughter was a constant when working.

Want to know more about Habitat For Humanity?

Ask a question
very fun place to experience new things
Sales Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
it was a fun job out going, smart employees, nice customers,very clean.....if i can work there again i will love to go back...Seeking stable and long term employment in a company where I can grow professionally and further enhance my skills, knowledge and experience. To achieve my goals for my future.
Pros
own lunches, .
Cons
1 hour breaks
Meet alot of new people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I was a volunteer and I learned a lot it was a great experience. I was during the Christmas season get rid of a lot of face trees reasonably priced was nice.. the hardest part was I worked I the warehouse so it was hot and trying to mop that floor was not easy.
Fun and friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 18, 2017
Volunteering at Habitat for Humanity was a very eye-opening and fun, hands-on, experience. Working with my hands is a very fun thing for me to do, so being able to do that for a few days and help the community was a very touching experience.
Steady work for big hearted people.
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day includes examining milestones of the previous days, improving on process and formulating ways to move forward.
I have learned a new trade in framing, and contracting.
Management is hit and miss constantly.
More work than one person can tackle in a day.
Deadlines are the most difficult, when dealing with circumstances beyond our control.
Completing a house to present to a family, so they may start a new chapter of their life.
Pros
Seeing families earn the chance to live in better conditions than prior states.
Cons
Ever changing management that feels they need to micromanage.
Good people
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 14, 2017
It was a job to further my education. The people were caring and very hard working. It was a pleasure to be a part of that team. What was especially nice is that the people would go out of their way on a daily basis to assist those who are less fortunate.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits
Easy Temporary Construction
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 14, 2017
The job was a temporary job but they had long term positions. I was still going to school at the time but they worked with my schedule and the work wasnt hard or bad.
Pros
Lunch breaks, etc
Cons
Working in different weather climates.
Great place bad manager
Warehouse manager/ construction supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, INSeptember 13, 2017
Great organization bad management, if this issue was fixed it would be a dream job outside of no insurance.Working every weekend does get a little old but its worrth it to help other.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Managment
Wonderful Organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 13, 2017
I am proud to be an recipient and volunteer for this organization. They really help family's and continue to provide creative support for the good of the community and humanity.
Pros
Great Builds.
Rewarding job with surprisingly good pay and benefits
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Working for Habitat was extremely rewarding. You can make a difference in the community while having fun and making new friends with the volunteers. Working with volunteers can be a different and sometimes challenging roll. Overall I would recommend Habitat for anyone looking for a temporary job that they would enjoy and make decent money.
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Americus, GASeptember 13, 2017
Well this position was pleasant but yet not to stressful which required me to clean assigned building which I worked with partner sometimes and alone.
Pros
Free dinners and good people
Cons
short rest time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4