Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

some what disorginised
volunteer (Former Employee), portland, orAugust 28, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: unorginised
I was a volunteer for Habitat For Humanity the summer of 2013 in Portland. volunteers were to manage them self's, cueing some conflict for others who took the work more seriously then the others. the training was on the site.
Productive and fun work environment pushing with a goal for a meaningful cause.
retail sales associate (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, COAugust 27, 2015
My typical day at work as a volunteer, group up and discuss the departments and tasks that need attention that day. Individual, pairing up, and or teaming up. I learned with dedicaton and accountability, I was awarded a Professional Internship and was appointed project management. Making recycled things to display for sale, watching co-workers creativity.
Great place to serve your community!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Assisting community, great staff
Cons: Time can go by slow at times
Habitat for Humanity is a fun place to work knowing that you are helping the community. They have a great staff and everyone works together. The store receives donations of furniture and other fixtures at an affordable price. A great alternative to Home Depot or Lowe's.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: helping customer
Cons: heavy lifing
it was a volunteer position to help families afford inexpensive housing. It included helping customers, sorting, organizing as well as lifting heavy objects; however, it was rewarding at the end of the day.
Productive and a great environment
Donation Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: health care, flexible
Cons: none
company where you learn a lot about home building supplies, leadership oriented and have the opportunity to work with large companies..
Great Organization
Family Service Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis INAugust 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working with prospective homeowners. Helping them with homeownerhip responsibilities, such as budgeting, home maintance, insurance & mortgages
Awesome
Internship (Former Employee), ReceptionistAugust 19, 2015
I enjoy doing my Internship there because it was a difference atmosphere was awesome. The people there were friendly, very helpful. These were my responsibilities in the office filing, answering the phone, faxing, making copy of important papers, using different office machine such as stamp printer, copy machine, fax machine, computer and scanner.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Fort Pierce, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: interaction with people
Cons: short breaks, part-time work
Working here was a pleasure. I had no problems in management or the way in which things were done. It was always good being around positive people and learning everyday.
Very Porductive
Store Manager (Former Employee), Olympia,WaAugust 18, 2015
Managed a crew of ten on a day to day operations had monthly set sales goals and donation goals. Training and supervising new volunteers.Pricing and stocking new and used items on sales floor.
fulfilling experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Learning new skills and seeing positive outcomes
Cons: the locations were sometimes far away
while I helped build houses for low-income families through the habitat for humanity foundation I learned many skills. I not only saw how much hard work went into building just one house, but the impact it made on the people's lives who were able to live in that house. It felt amazing to give back to people in need. It was initially hard to learn all the tasks that needed to be completed but working with a positive group that understood the importance of the work was truly incredible.
Thriving construction and refurbushing company
Volunteer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2015
Exciting growing company that helps all demographics in home refurbishing and remodeling and environmentally friendly in reconstruction.
Nice place for Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good break schedules and time limits, friendly staff
As a volunteer it was an enjoyable place to be. The people were friendly, the customers were happy with their experience, the breaks were enjoyable, drink and food was provided.
Good people to work with
Store Assistant (Former Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Need to know construction
I enjoyed working with the store personnel on a day to day basis. The company has a good reputation of helping people get into their own homes and provides guidance on assisting with building aspects.
Volunteer Work
Cement Finisher (Former Employee), Ayer, MAAugust 11, 2015
I worked for Habitat for Humanity for about a week finishing a concrete basement floor. Habitat for Humanity is a great company that helps builds houses for low income families.
best time of my life
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 9, 2015
loved working with them. help to build a new house for the homeless. knocked down walls and painted it was a great experiance
Productive and great mission
Manager (Current Employee), MoorsevilleAugust 6, 2015
Maximize square footage of building
take in donations and clean and price
Management is great
Hardest part of job is creating space and using the space to make the biggest profit
GREAT
Volunteer (Former Employee), MILLEDGEVILLE,GAJuly 30, 2015
great job good fun atmosphere
freedom
have to stick to protocol and follow rules closely
loved it
hardest part was adjusting to military
It's a rewarding company to work for knowing you can make a difference
Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHJuly 28, 2015
My time at Habitat for humanity was a rewarding experience. I have met many great people and it was a positive experience to say the least.
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Volunteer Service, Great Work Environment, Great Leadership
Cons: Labor Intensive
I loved volunteering with Habitat. The work/life balance was basically a non-issue since I was able to volunteer for times that fit into that balance. It's hard to talk about compensation when volunteering because it is non-financial. I gave my time to help a family in need and that is enough compensation in itself. There will always be a need for volunteers but job security/advancement are also a non-issue. When you volunteer you are secure, but you are giving your time and whatever knowledge you possess helps you achieve more in that time. When it comes to management, every carpenter that I have worked with for Habitat has been great. They all seemed exceptionally skilled at identifying the difficulty of the work to be done and assigning the right volunteer to the job. Volunteer culture is probably the best work environment that I can think of. Everyone is there to get work done and sometimes we would have fun while doing it.
Good Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 22, 2015
Start up the day by having a team meting and get assignment for the day. Then get to work either building,painting or clean up. good experience for me it was fun and it show me a lot about team work.