Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

GREAT RESALE STORE
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no a/c in warehouse section
EASY-GOING, MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT, COWORKERS WERE FRIENDLY, WORKING IN HEAT, GETTING TO KNOW AND DEAL WITH A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hudson, NYFebruary 21, 2015
I did it while I was in High School, so we didn't go that often, but when we did go, we were talked to about how to do something. but after we were talked too. It was productive and professorial.
Review Summary
Team Lead (Former Employee), AJAX,ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good support system.
Cons: lack of time.
Started as volunteer later offered employment opportunity.

Meeting people everyday was learning experience.

Amazing to work with volunteers teaching Habitat policies & procedures helping with daily duties.

Positive attitude.
Excellent
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee), Ionia, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: stayed busy
Cons: low pay (but that's ok)
I enjoyed the work and the experience. It was very fulfilling knowing that my efforts were contributing to the help of others in need.
Busy but good work for a good purpose.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Good group purpose driven for a good cause. A large portion of the profits from the Restore goes to building homes for those that may not be able to do for themselves.
workplace was fun and interesting.
Laborer (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAFebruary 16, 2015
working for habitat for humanity can be exhausting but looking back on it, it was pretty fun for the time that i volunteered there.
Fun
CARPENTER (Former Employee), Wilmington,DEFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: education on building homes
Typical work day:Exciting
Learned: Flooring,Drywall,Installation,Framing
Management:Excellent
Co-workers:Excellent
Hardest Part:Weather
Enjoyable Part:people emotions when houses was finish
Great Learning Experience
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Berthoud, COFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: limited benefits
I enjoy the opportunity to contribute and give back to the community with a great organization. I stay busy coordinating logistics for large durable household goods to help resale through a local store front. This is a positive work environment that offers great learning experiences.
Amazing Experience
Construction Trainee (Former Employee), Harvey, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: being able to be apart of something to positive! helping someone in need.
I was in a program where they had us rehabilitate a low- income resident! A typical day was doing electrical wiring, installing circuit breakers, circuit boxes, and light switches! We also completed siding projects such as roofing and garages. the most hardest part of the job was getting the exact measurements to everything! The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finishing project and seeing the look on the family faces when the house was finally finished!
Encouraging and stable workplace with positive people
Sales and Maintenance Associate (Former Employee), Hoquiam, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great environment/people
Cons: cold warehouse
Habitat For Humanity allowed me learn/build a couple skills. Such as no error painting and organization. They're very helpful with those that are struggling and the less fortunate. They're also fun to work with and they give good direction with ease. Great branch and great experience! The cold warehouse is my only con.
i loved working one on one with my mom and her projects
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: i love my mom to pieces
Cons: not one
i loved working with my mom shes my definition of superwoman supermom shes everything a kid like me could ask for she saved me she made me she believed in me when i didnt believe in myself.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: luch break
I worked as a volunteer on a typical work day I will help the employees with tasks that need to be done, I learned to paint for the first time it was fun painting used furniture..management were nice and outgoing people made sure I was doing my job right to their standards..the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy furniture but the other employees helped.. I enjoyed working with others and having a chance to help a popular company that job was real fun.
Volunteer Work
Construction (Former Employee), Athens, TNJanuary 26, 2015
I had fun on the job site and learned a lot about how a house is put together. I would happily get back into it if time permits.
Fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 23, 2015
I was only a volunteer there but they had a solid staff and volunteer circle going on. Management was great , friendly and helpfull.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours
Habitat is been very good to me and I hate to leave but I just can't get enough hours
laid off
AmeriCorps/Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Robbins, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: helping other
Cons: moving from job sites in the middle of the day
enjoying helping low income families get homes built, and making sure homes we worked on was up to the standard for the community
Good place to work for.
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2015
My typical work day would go by fast depending on the flow of customers that came in. I learned more about flooring and the different types of tile. The most thing I enjoyed was meeting all different types of people on the daily.
was very fun and the work environment was awsome!
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Summerville, SCJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of building houses, and doing fundraisers. We also did things for the community as need like, build things for the elderly and handicapped.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Maple Shade, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Volunteering my time at habitat showed me how important non-profits really are, not only for the community, but for the environment as well. They allowed me to rearrange the display room, which ultimately saved floor space and made it easier for customers to shop. I volunteered during a 3 month span and plan on donating more of my time for their amazing cause.
Wonderful management and loyal customers
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at work at Marathon consisted of opening or closing the store. Keeping the store clean and organized was a great deal throughout the day. Waiting and talking with customers was wonderful and always a new learning experience. The management was great, they always helped employees achieve whatever it is they needed to do. The co-workers always had positive attitudes and was always very friendly and courteous. The hardest part of the job was leaving it due to new owners taking over. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos