Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

Fun and engaging place to work, perfect job for college
Team Leader/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at Habitat for Humanity involves dealing with merchandise being donated from various people and business from the county. The donations are processed by cleaning and pricing in order to sell within the Restore. This is all done while leading teams of volunteer/community service people throughout the day. Working there has sharpened leadership and communication skills, as well as giving a unique retail experience.
Habitat for Humanity
Construction Laborer (Former Employee), Robinson, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: N/A
Every person should take Construction technology in school if you are good at it and like helping people you may have just found a career as a carpenter or construction worker. I liked building homes and doing outside projects. Its beats working in the classroom and you can do it as an adult if you wanted too. Its volunteer work if your looking for a little purpose and to be led in the right direction for a career involving carpentry work. Then I personally recommend you try this out you can't beat free training.
Great Job
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Mellow work place
Cons: None
- I scheduled appointments, greeted customers walking in the store, and was a cashier there
- I learned that making your day go by is so easy by just simply staying busy & enjoying your customers
- The management was fantastic there
- My co-workers were hard workers. Always fun to work with & be around
- There wasnt anything hard about my job there
- The most enjoyable part was taking care of the customers
Enjoyable position,
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: protocols and mission with clear visionary thrust and reaching humanity
Cons: Certain weeks Sunday was mandatory
Heart felt and creative place to be a part of this passionate team,the vision is certainly clear from supplying discounted Home goods to the development of dignity of future home owners throughout the completion of the home structure seeing the heart felt gratitude as a result of empowering individuals with a skill set to maintain their property, The most pleasant part of this staff position was meeting and developing new relations.
Good in some ways
General Manager (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIMarch 25, 2015
Great Mission, but Certain People are clueless when it comes to them knowing how to run a Retail operation, they change their tune real quick to fit there needs no matter the circumstance
productive and team work
construction, painter (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 24, 2015
best volunteer job to have and learn from.amazing team work and workers as well as organization.great company to work for and with and love the fact that they give back to the communities
Rewarding experience with plenty of oppotunity for team building and knowledge advancement
Project Manager - Lead Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: helping those who otherwise would not gave a chance at homeowhership
Cons: i honestly cannot think of any
The core of doing this charity work is both the knowledge of knowing your helping others that could use some help. In addition we get to learn new techniques for accomplishing tasks and get to practice those techniques firsh hand and immediately. I enjoy the team building and watching people go from uncertantiny to confidence in what the've learned and joy in the beginning of mastering a new process.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2015
Great place to volunteer, learn, and gain hands on experience.
Experience in design-built homes. Gained knowledge on cabinet milling, sub-floor installation,insulated structural homes being built.
NICE ENVIRONMENT LOVELY STAFF
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no pay
Habitat For Humanity was a place I volunteered at for school credits. I volunteered for 4 hours a day I had to complete 40 hours of community service hours. I helped unload and price items in the store. I also helped customers who needed assistance with finding items.
Think Twice
Manager (Current Employee), Various StoresMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good cause
Cons: pretty much any job offers more
Pay is low at this company as it is a non-profit organization, and no opportunities. Upper management seems unaware of how to run retail locations.
Lead Donation Ambassador (Former Employee), Canton, OHMarch 12, 2015
I like working at Habitat. Positive Vibes all around. Great people and we have a lot of fun doing good work. I wish the benefits and pay were higher, as the experience is wonderful.
Great company with good intentions and relaxed environment
Financial Resources - Temporary (Current Employee), Americus, GAMarch 9, 2015
Great company that does great things for the world. The environment is relaxed and the work load is busy. There is always something needed to be done, and the people there are always willing to help. They also are very welcoming.
A noble idea.
Habitat for Humanity Restore Manager (Former Employee), Portales, NMMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the opportunity to work for a truly great and noble charity organization.
Cons: people will be people, and likewise, businesses fail because of this.
A typical day at work for the Habitat for Humanity Restore involved cashing people out, store maintenance, store organization, and pickups / deliveries from those who would donate items to the store. One major thing I learned from this job is an improved sense of organization in the work place. As a store working with restored goods, and in a very low socioeconomic status area, one has to make the best of what store space and what goods that your given. Sadly, I can't say that management was the greatest at this store. There was one main store manager that came along later and proved to be an excellent manager in my last year working for this store. However, for the most part, inexperience, pettiness, and overall resentment of other people's ideas, as far as the main management for this store, got in the way of making this store truly succeed. I didn't have many co-workers; just me and my brother actually ran the store. We did what we could with what I've already stated about management. Again, the hardest part of this job was trying to do the basic job of running a store, where everyone else who was a manager above us had their own idea about how the store should be run with no compromise. However, despite all these difficulties in this job, the best parts about this job is that it allowed me to help people that, though nameless to me, probably greatly appreciated the charity. That is the part of this job that I take with me that makes me feel the best about this job; the opportunity to work for an organization that delivers charity to a world greatly in need of it.
Very detail oriented.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Americus, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the hours were from 8am-3pm which worked out great for me.
Cons: the pay was not compatible with the economy.
As a data entry clerk you ha to be detail oriented. The company also had a quota system so, you had to keep up with the pace. The co-workers were friendly, due to the nature of the job there was little time to socialize. The clerks were allowed to listen to music with headphones of course.
Productive fun learning environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Urbana, OHMarch 7, 2015
I loved going to work and looking forward to all the new customers and clients that would shop and donate at the ReStore. The Restore was a great opportunity for me as well as a fun learning experience.
Gloucester/Mathews Habitat for Humanity
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: enjoyable people, happy and pleasant
Cons: quick books in five days was hard and not able to learn it in that short period of time.
Wonderful work environment, Excellent management personnel, great personal attention to each employee, customer, and client.
Clean work environment, excellent books of inventory and sales.
The hardest part of the job was trying to learn the entire quick books program in only five days. I really enjoyed going to work each and every day, the people were pleasant and a wonderful work environment makes it pleasurable.
Work with Passion!
Staff, Cheon-an, South Korea (Former Employee), Cheon-an South KoreaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: working with variety of people
Cons: lots of phone calls
I was working with Home partners and crew leaders when I was interning at Habitat for Humanity. I learned how to facilitate between people to people and lead them in a good way. I really enjoyed working with variety of people.
They do a great Job
Receptionist (Internship) (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMarch 5, 2015
I only volunteered, but every one was extremely nice. They took time from their own schedule to show me what I had to do. Very nice people.
Professional with management responsibilities.
Executive Director (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: provided a needed service to the community.
Cons: salary lower than for profit business.
A non-profit that provided housing for low income families. Fun and challenging. Moved from volunteer-part time accountant-to Business Manager, and then to Executive Director.
Tremendous Organization with great people
Campus Fundraising Chair (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2015
A truly great organization to work for; along with coworkers who were a pleasure to work with. Position forced me to stay on top of my responsibilities as well as organize for more funds for the chapter.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos