Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Fun time building a house
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pontotoc, MSMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Good times around co-workers
Cons: Short breaks
Got to build a house for a family who need it. Fun time with co-workers and a great experience to have with Habitat For Humanity.
I always looked forward to work.
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: had to travel far
I stayed busy putting up donations. I learned pricing. The managers were always available for help. There was a good team of co-workers. Sorting plumbing items was hard. Lunch hour was enjoyable.
Habitant for Humanity
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, meeting new people, learning how to use power tools
Cons: none
What I love:

I loved bringing joy to peoples lives because of helping them get their live finally started.
Learning to work as a team
Learning to use power tools
Learning how to space plan outside the classroom.
volunteer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, ability to help others
Cons: tiring work
While as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, I partook in many activities in order to repair broken homes. I learned to work as a part of a team due to the teamwork we had to use in order to get the job done.
Its an organized and fun loving place to work where you learn great knowledge about construction and your teammates are like you family.
Construction Intern (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and candy. Great people.
Cons: Not a competitive pay.
Everyday work from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Check the office first then go to specific sites. Working is fun with Ameri-Core members who are recent graduates from different colleges. Management is great and always up for answering any question you have. People who work at Habitat are not only co-worker to each other but close friend and family to everybody. Lunch hour is a great time for everyone. Often higher personal sponsor lunch which is plus point.
a job that gave a great feeling
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCMay 11, 2015
It was great working with a team of people from different places but with one common goal to build a home for a family that really needed it.
Fast paced but easy to learn
Customer service/stocking (Former Employee), Cary NCMay 10, 2015
a very hands on job where you will need to know how to assemble products and stock. Coworkers are relatable and managing is efficient. A lot of lifting and organizing is involved.
Housing!
Office Volunteer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Awesome Organization
I've had the pleasure of volunteering for them in the DC office, and I am very Impressed about how they provide people and Veterans with affordable housing
Great Place to Work.
Construction (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaMay 2, 2015
I loved working for Habitat. If I could do construction all year round I would definitely consider it as a career. I only worked there for the Summer but the other employees were super friendly and willing to help me learn.
Was very enriching experience
Finance/HR Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, medical and retirement benefits
Cons: No job advancements nor additional training
Very intense, long hours. The work culture was very diversified but laid back. My workers were very supportive and always willing to assist in projects when the need was urgent.

I learned about time management and interacting with associates that reported to me. The best part of working at Habitat was the relationships forged with the homeowners and joy of seeing them accomplished their dreams of home ownership.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of support from the Board Members
Fun workplace
Community Involvement (Former Employee), Germantown, TNApril 26, 2015
Greet and socializing with others. Arranging activities to entertain children while their parents participated in an adult only function.
worked with tools
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MIApril 23, 2015
really good work experience and it was great working with the people at the area. The hardest part of the job was the weather working with the building process.
Donations Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 20, 2015
- Interact with clients
- Receive donations
- Unload donation trucks
- Evaluate donations
- Provide customers with donation receipts
supervisor
Accounting Intern (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 19, 2015
1. Financial Accounting Reporting
Prepare internal and external documents for transactions
Apply Quickbooks software to record sales journal, cash receipts journal, and general journal
Do bank reconciliation in Quickbooks software
2. Internal Control Audit:
Restore’s sales and collection cycle
Designing tests of controls and substantive tests of transactions for 5 classes of transactions including sales, cash receipts, sales returns and allowances, write-off of uncollectible accounts receivable, and bad debt expense
Understand internal control
Assess planned control risk
Determined the extent of testing controls
Design tests to meet transaction related audit objectives
3. Management
Revised and updated the new 2015 Business Plan for the Habitat Restore, including forecasting revenue, expenses, net income for the end of the fiscal year
Reviewed, researched and recommended updates to policies and procedures manuals
Productive and fun place to work
Full-time Cashier (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 16, 2015
Working for a charity organization has been the best job I have ever had. I work in such a positive and happy environment that I always look forward to going to work. Everyone has the same goal and has a caring heart. My coworkers are family.
Not very productive, but a character-building experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch and site seeing
Cons: little accomplished for others, poor supervision
Although the proposed goal of this organization is very good, the actual productivity and amount that you are helping the people in need is very little. Realistically how much can a group of 15 people who have never touched a hammer in their life actually help in the span of one week? Not that much. In fact I found that because of our mistakes we actually held the site directors back. I had a great time on my habitat for humanity trip to Michigan and I did learn more about building and teamwork, but I also realized that we weren't actually doing much, which was the point of the whole trip. Although it was fun for me, I am not convinced that we actually helped out people who are trying to get a house. Also, the process of getting a house through habitat is quite selective and is also a little questionable. If you want to learn a little more about building, then it is a good opportunity to dive in and start building. There are a lot of mistakes along the way and the site directors do give you short lessons on why certain methods are better than others. However, the site directors were very busy so they were not actually supervising our work a lot of the time and a ladder fell on someone. Safety wasn't really a big concern.
LIKED WORKING FOR A NON PROFIT
Home Builder (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 14, 2015
WORKING FOR HABITAT YOU GOT TO USE YOUR SKILLS AND LEARN NEW ONES,NEVER RUSHED ALWAYS TOOK THE TIME TO DO THINGS SAFE AND RIGHT
long days with no overtime
Construction Coordinator/Warehouse manager (Current Employee), New castle CountyApril 14, 2015
my typical day at work consist of unlocking the office and warehouse, keeping track of the construction budget,setting up work for potential contractors, ordering and receiving material orders need for construction, keeping the warehouse organized and working on active construction sites when necessary. Management is goo. and co workers are friendly. the hardest part of my job is the physical tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of an organization that helps people get into there first home.
Best. Experience. Ever
Construction/Restore Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 11, 2015
Pros: The whole environment
Cons: Not for the office dwellers
Everybody was so nice, helpful, and appreciative of my time there. My managers helped me in more ways than one, ensuring that I transfer the knowledge that they shared with me to the real world. I can not stress enough how influential my time with Habitat for Humanity was for me, in spite of the hardships of living with Americorps wages. I loved the volunteers, the time spent with everyone, learning how to use the tools, driving that truck, and learning about my strengths and weaknesses in great detail.
Customer service (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 6, 2015
Was an enjoyable experience, working with good people and helping the community. The hardest part of the job was moving furniture. The hours were good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries

$35,000 per year
$11.45 per hour

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself