Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work.
Construction (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaMay 2, 2015
I loved working for Habitat. If I could do construction all year round I would definitely consider it as a career. I only worked there for the Summer but the other employees were super friendly and willing to help me learn.
Was very enriching experience
Finance/HR Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, medical and retirement benefits
Cons: No job advancements nor additional training
Very intense, long hours. The work culture was very diversified but laid back. My workers were very supportive and always willing to assist in projects when the need was urgent.

I learned about time management and interacting with associates that reported to me. The best part of working at Habitat was the relationships forged with the homeowners and joy of seeing them accomplished their dreams of home ownership.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of support from the Board Members
Fun workplace
Community Involvement (Former Employee), Germantown, TNApril 26, 2015
Greet and socializing with others. Arranging activities to entertain children while their parents participated in an adult only function.
worked with tools
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MIApril 23, 2015
really good work experience and it was great working with the people at the area. The hardest part of the job was the weather working with the building process.
Donations Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 20, 2015
- Interact with clients
- Receive donations
- Unload donation trucks
- Evaluate donations
- Provide customers with donation receipts
supervisor
Accounting Intern (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 19, 2015
1. Financial Accounting Reporting
Prepare internal and external documents for transactions
Apply Quickbooks software to record sales journal, cash receipts journal, and general journal
Do bank reconciliation in Quickbooks software
2. Internal Control Audit:
Restore’s sales and collection cycle
Designing tests of controls and substantive tests of transactions for 5 classes of transactions including sales, cash receipts, sales returns and allowances, write-off of uncollectible accounts receivable, and bad debt expense
Understand internal control
Assess planned control risk
Determined the extent of testing controls
Design tests to meet transaction related audit objectives
3. Management
Revised and updated the new 2015 Business Plan for the Habitat Restore, including forecasting revenue, expenses, net income for the end of the fiscal year
Reviewed, researched and recommended updates to policies and procedures manuals
Productive and fun place to work
Full-time Cashier (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 16, 2015
Working for a charity organization has been the best job I have ever had. I work in such a positive and happy environment that I always look forward to going to work. Everyone has the same goal and has a caring heart. My coworkers are family.
Not very productive, but a character-building experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch and site seeing
Cons: little accomplished for others, poor supervision
Although the proposed goal of this organization is very good, the actual productivity and amount that you are helping the people in need is very little. Realistically how much can a group of 15 people who have never touched a hammer in their life actually help in the span of one week? Not that much. In fact I found that because of our mistakes we actually held the site directors back. I had a great time on my habitat for humanity trip to Michigan and I did learn more about building and teamwork, but I also realized that we weren't actually doing much, which was the point of the whole trip. Although it was fun for me, I am not convinced that we actually helped out people who are trying to get a house. Also, the process of getting a house through habitat is quite selective and is also a little questionable. If you want to learn a little more about building, then it is a good opportunity to dive in and start building. There are a lot of mistakes along the way and the site directors do give you short lessons on why certain methods are better than others. However, the site directors were very busy so they were not actually supervising our work a lot of the time and a ladder fell on someone. Safety wasn't really a big concern.
LIKED WORKING FOR A NON PROFIT
Home Builder (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 14, 2015
WORKING FOR HABITAT YOU GOT TO USE YOUR SKILLS AND LEARN NEW ONES,NEVER RUSHED ALWAYS TOOK THE TIME TO DO THINGS SAFE AND RIGHT
long days with no overtime
Construction Coordinator/Warehouse manager (Current Employee), New castle CountyApril 14, 2015
my typical day at work consist of unlocking the office and warehouse, keeping track of the construction budget,setting up work for potential contractors, ordering and receiving material orders need for construction, keeping the warehouse organized and working on active construction sites when necessary. Management is goo. and co workers are friendly. the hardest part of my job is the physical tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of an organization that helps people get into there first home.
Best. Experience. Ever
Construction/Restore Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 11, 2015
Pros: The whole environment
Cons: Not for the office dwellers
Everybody was so nice, helpful, and appreciative of my time there. My managers helped me in more ways than one, ensuring that I transfer the knowledge that they shared with me to the real world. I can not stress enough how influential my time with Habitat for Humanity was for me, in spite of the hardships of living with Americorps wages. I loved the volunteers, the time spent with everyone, learning how to use the tools, driving that truck, and learning about my strengths and weaknesses in great detail.
Customer service (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 6, 2015
Was an enjoyable experience, working with good people and helping the community. The hardest part of the job was moving furniture. The hours were good.
a great life experience
Construction Site & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 6, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: no growth
it was and amazing experience helping families own their own homes and dealing with volunteers on a daily basis. company just needs to fine tuned
Doing important work in Greensboro
Director of Development (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 1, 2015
Personally rewarding to help families achieve homeownership. Faith based organization that values spiritual growth of employees.
Fun and engaging place to work, perfect job for college
Team Leader/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at Habitat for Humanity involves dealing with merchandise being donated from various people and business from the county. The donations are processed by cleaning and pricing in order to sell within the Restore. This is all done while leading teams of volunteer/community service people throughout the day. Working there has sharpened leadership and communication skills, as well as giving a unique retail experience.
Habitat for Humanity
Construction Laborer (Former Employee), Robinson, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: N/A
Every person should take Construction technology in school if you are good at it and like helping people you may have just found a career as a carpenter or construction worker. I liked building homes and doing outside projects. Its beats working in the classroom and you can do it as an adult if you wanted too. Its volunteer work if your looking for a little purpose and to be led in the right direction for a career involving carpentry work. Then I personally recommend you try this out you can't beat free training.
Great Job
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Mellow work place
Cons: None
- I scheduled appointments, greeted customers walking in the store, and was a cashier there
- I learned that making your day go by is so easy by just simply staying busy & enjoying your customers
- The management was fantastic there
- My co-workers were hard workers. Always fun to work with & be around
- There wasnt anything hard about my job there
- The most enjoyable part was taking care of the customers
Enjoyable position,
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: protocols and mission with clear visionary thrust and reaching humanity
Cons: Certain weeks Sunday was mandatory
Heart felt and creative place to be a part of this passionate team,the vision is certainly clear from supplying discounted Home goods to the development of dignity of future home owners throughout the completion of the home structure seeing the heart felt gratitude as a result of empowering individuals with a skill set to maintain their property, The most pleasant part of this staff position was meeting and developing new relations.
Good in some ways
General Manager (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIMarch 25, 2015
Great Mission, but Certain People are clueless when it comes to them knowing how to run a Retail operation, they change their tune real quick to fit there needs no matter the circumstance
productive and team work
construction, painter (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMarch 24, 2015
best volunteer job to have and learn from.amazing team work and workers as well as organization.great company to work for and with and love the fact that they give back to the communities

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries

Customer Service Representative
$20,000 per year

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself