Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,036 reviews matching the search
Working for habitat for humanity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIAugust 21, 2017
This is a busy work place that takes volunteer from MI Works & other places. Their mission is great & sell things cheap. Plus they have a food van that comes by for lunch. The people are great, but the pay is not there.
Fun experience
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 21, 2017
Worked in with the Habitat for Humanity Club at Ohio University for one year. It was very well organized, as well as efficient and productive. Our team traveled to Kentucky to help a family build there home, and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
great organization
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 18, 2017
I interned with habitat my last semester in college .Was the best learning experience of my life . habitat is a great org. and always willing to help the less fortunite
work good helping people that need Was good place to work Hated they moved
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAAugust 18, 2017
I liked working there I liked the people I worked with .We helped people that needed help with improving there homes and it cost less when they came to our store.
Pros
I liked helping others
Cons
Did away with my job
i enjoyed working there .
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 17, 2017
it was a good place to work the manager was alright as long as you did everything his way or no way. didnt get payed by the mile it was an hourly job it was a very relaxed place to work until things didnt go the way the boss wanted them to go like sales were down or we had the merchandize to long on the floor
productive work area
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 17, 2017
Move heavy objects, clean, help customers great management, greet people with a smile and helping others was my favorite part and enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Great people, great atmosphere, breaks
Cons
short breaks
Fake enviroment
Truck Driver / Donation Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 17, 2017
New management was its downfall he talks down to his employees. He totally disrespects the volunteers. Not to mention does not know how to handle customers or price merchandise
Wondeful experience with hard workers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILAugust 16, 2017
I participated in Habitat For Humanity with my Nursing school classmates. We helped do the ground work for a home. Put up the basement walls and poured concrete.
Pros
I met a lot of great people
Cons
We were working outside in cold, rainy weather conditions
Volunteer work
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAAugust 15, 2017
I had fun learning how to build homes in Daly City. They were very friendly staffed and all the crew members got along. It made me feel very good knowing that I was building homes for people who were homeless. It made me feel great.
Productive and creative workplace
Assistant Project Manager/Gardener (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of completed the daily tasks that were assigned. I learned how to execute administrative tasks and work on a team. The management is great and the workplace culture is productive and creative. The hardest part of the job were the daily challenges we faced. With teamwork and creative problem solving we were able to find solutions for these challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was being trusted to work individually and working together as a team.
Great Opportunity
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLAugust 15, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work for. I highly recommend this company to anyone to work for. They love their employees and you have a balanced work and home environment.
low stress enivorment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 13, 2017
Co-workers are easy going. The hardest part of the job is moving heavier merchandise and storing nails. Very individualize set up. Always have something to do.
Fun to work with the other employees
Cashier/Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 12, 2017
The store receives donations on a daily basis, the team works together to choose what is in acceptable condition and what is not. we unload from the dock and id anyone requires help someone is always available.
a very good experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 11, 2017
the house we built was for a family of 5 living in puerto rico, they had had a bad storm a few months prior to my arrival and had no place to go. The company i worked for heard this and deiced to sponsor the build
Pros
free hotel, free food, had crazy fun
Cons
hot
good starting job
Third Key Cashier, sorter and pricer (Former Employee) –  floridaAugust 11, 2017
Good starting job. good company and great charity.Gives back to the community in many ways. Re purpose many items. A great place to discover hidden treasures.
fun work place
Worker/Builder (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 8, 2017
I loved volunteering, great people, diverse population of peers, learning new skills was wonderful. Will do it again. I will definitely tell everyone to experience Habitat for Humanity. You will walk away very humble and appreciative of what you have.
Friendly people, helpful, and open to all
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Fremont, NEAugust 7, 2017
Volunteering here was simple. You had to show up, and help organize, sell, or move things. At times you were able to help build or work on the houses if you were getting one from them.
I learned from Habitat for Humanity that deep down, everybody in the community truly cares about each other, not for what they have, where they come from, or who they are, but for how they treat each other. I l absolutely love it.
I wouldn't say there is a hard part to working here. You just have to do what you are assigned and there s no messing up.
The most enjoyable part of being there was definitely the staff, and the people that had come in to check out what the store had to sell.
Pros
Free lunch, low prices on items
Cons
Great mission, good hearted people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2017
Surely experiences will vary across the country but my experience was great. I worked with fine people, we built several multi-unit buildings, and achieved social change.
Habitat was also a volunteer position
Worker (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 7, 2017
I was a home owner who had to complete a certain amount of sweat equity hours. Habitat for humanity allowed me the opportunity to help with the reconstruction of my families new house. I learned skills that I use to this day.
Pros
The ability to learn skills that you will have for a lifetime.
Cons
This is a strickly volunteer position.
Building relationships with donors.
Donor Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2017
Contacting current and potential donors. Going to donors location to review what they have to donate to the ReStore. Great people to work with with a great mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4