Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Exciting, great environment, fun co-workers
property manager (Former Employee), Worcester MassachusettsJune 1, 2015
I believe that this particular employment opportunity was beneficial, because I got to see the workings of green energy initiatives from both the bureaucratic and finical side, as well as seeing them installed, and having ideas come to fruition. The employees there were great, but as I only worked there for a summer it was difficult to gauge the entire workplace. The hardest part was that much of the work is left up to the individual, meaning there is not a boss looking over one's shoulder constantly. They assign tasks and expect them to get done, as opposed to constantly monitoring one's progress. This can be both a blessing and a curse depending on the approach one takes to work in general. I would prefer to be left to work alone, however it is east to get side-tracked sometimes as well.
A legitimate cause helping people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJune 1, 2015
I enjoy giving back to the community, and this was an outlet to do that. Building homes from the ground up for those who need it is such a wonderful feeling! I'm glad to be a part of this organization.
Amazing staff, as well as a high speed working environment.
Construction Crew Leader (Current Employee), High PointMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great mission
Cons: Not enough pay
On an average day as the Construction Crew Leader at Habitat i am responsible for leading, teaching, and keeping safe a group of volunteers through a residential build. We generally work from 7:30- 4 and have an amazing staff with great spirit and hard work ethic. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the volunteers moving when we are trying to work on some of the more tedious parts of the build that they have no experience in. The most rewarding part of the job is when we dedicate the house to the family that will be living in it and we see what all out hard work is actually doing and how it impacts the families lives
Special Events Volunteer
Volunteer, Special Events (Current Employee), Prescott, AZMay 27, 2015
While volunteering, I get to participate with an organization that I truly believe it... helping others. I assist in special events and every year at the Toolbelts and Tuxedos.
summary
Store Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAMay 27, 2015
A typical day is taking donation, helping customers, pricing items. The management is not so bad one manger is better than the other;Co-workers are nice to interact with. The hardest part of the day is when trying to carry heavy furniture up and down as well very rude customers.
great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMay 27, 2015
learnt a lot about how to build a house

learnt how to work with people

enjoyed making people's lives easier

volunteer job
Fun time building a house
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pontotoc, MSMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Good times around co-workers
Cons: Short breaks
Got to build a house for a family who need it. Fun time with co-workers and a great experience to have with Habitat For Humanity.
I always looked forward to work.
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: had to travel far
I stayed busy putting up donations. I learned pricing. The managers were always available for help. There was a good team of co-workers. Sorting plumbing items was hard. Lunch hour was enjoyable.
Habitant for Humanity
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, meeting new people, learning how to use power tools
Cons: none
What I love:

I loved bringing joy to peoples lives because of helping them get their live finally started.
Learning to work as a team
Learning to use power tools
Learning how to space plan outside the classroom.
volunteer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, ability to help others
Cons: tiring work
While as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, I partook in many activities in order to repair broken homes. I learned to work as a part of a team due to the teamwork we had to use in order to get the job done.
Its an organized and fun loving place to work where you learn great knowledge about construction and your teammates are like you family.
Construction Intern (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and candy. Great people.
Cons: Not a competitive pay.
Everyday work from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Check the office first then go to specific sites. Working is fun with Ameri-Core members who are recent graduates from different colleges. Management is great and always up for answering any question you have. People who work at Habitat are not only co-worker to each other but close friend and family to everybody. Lunch hour is a great time for everyone. Often higher personal sponsor lunch which is plus point.
a job that gave a great feeling
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCMay 11, 2015
It was great working with a team of people from different places but with one common goal to build a home for a family that really needed it.
Fast paced but easy to learn
Customer service/stocking (Former Employee), Cary NCMay 10, 2015
a very hands on job where you will need to know how to assemble products and stock. Coworkers are relatable and managing is efficient. A lot of lifting and organizing is involved.
Housing!
Office Volunteer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Awesome Organization
I've had the pleasure of volunteering for them in the DC office, and I am very Impressed about how they provide people and Veterans with affordable housing
Great Place to Work.
Construction (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaMay 2, 2015
I loved working for Habitat. If I could do construction all year round I would definitely consider it as a career. I only worked there for the Summer but the other employees were super friendly and willing to help me learn.
Was very enriching experience
Finance/HR Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, medical and retirement benefits
Cons: No job advancements nor additional training
Very intense, long hours. The work culture was very diversified but laid back. My workers were very supportive and always willing to assist in projects when the need was urgent.

I learned about time management and interacting with associates that reported to me. The best part of working at Habitat was the relationships forged with the homeowners and joy of seeing them accomplished their dreams of home ownership.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of support from the Board Members
Fun workplace
Community Involvement (Former Employee), Germantown, TNApril 26, 2015
Greet and socializing with others. Arranging activities to entertain children while their parents participated in an adult only function.
worked with tools
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MIApril 23, 2015
really good work experience and it was great working with the people at the area. The hardest part of the job was the weather working with the building process.
Donations Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 20, 2015
- Interact with clients
- Receive donations
- Unload donation trucks
- Evaluate donations
- Provide customers with donation receipts
supervisor
Accounting Intern (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 19, 2015
1. Financial Accounting Reporting
Prepare internal and external documents for transactions
Apply Quickbooks software to record sales journal, cash receipts journal, and general journal
Do bank reconciliation in Quickbooks software
2. Internal Control Audit:
Restore’s sales and collection cycle
Designing tests of controls and substantive tests of transactions for 5 classes of transactions including sales, cash receipts, sales returns and allowances, write-off of uncollectible accounts receivable, and bad debt expense
Understand internal control
Assess planned control risk
Determined the extent of testing controls
Design tests to meet transaction related audit objectives
3. Management
Revised and updated the new 2015 Business Plan for the Habitat Restore, including forecasting revenue, expenses, net income for the end of the fiscal year
Reviewed, researched and recommended updates to policies and procedures manuals

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries

Store Manager
$45,000 per year

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself