Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chalfont, PAApril 14, 2014
Moved furniture around the ReStore, Assembled furniture, helped customers move heavy objects to their vehicles. Helped break down and throw away junk. This job required a good amount of physical strength and often became quite tiring which I was able to overcome because I felt obligated to help and I do not slack off. I liked the people who worked their – more... and had plenty of interesting conversations with customers as well as workers. Overall, this was a fun enjoyable experience and I enjoyed the physical activity. – less
Good place!
FLOOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Hayden, IdahoApril 13, 2014
Pros: good mangement, fun people
Cons: no room for advancement, summer program.
Not really room for advancement from the other employees I had saw. Set schedule, awesome under standing management. Good place! Worked here for a summer program and enjoyed it. Some of the other employees who had gotten paid were pretty lazy.
job
Retail Sales associate (Former Employee), Vineland, NJApril 10, 2014
• Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
• Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
• Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
• Answer questions – more... regarding the store and its merchandise.
• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
• Greet customers entering establishments.
• Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies. – less
A worthy cause...
Business Development Committee (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 6, 2014
Pros: it makes you feel good.
Cons: it is very time consuming.
This is an organization to be proud of... They are currently helping veterans who need houses. Grant writing involves a lot of time, editing and research, but is worth it. The people here are behind this cause.
Working to help those in need
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 3, 2014
Pros: helping families in need, working with a great team
Cons: weather changes
I loved everything about volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. Everyone enjoyed working in teams, plus, it was for a good cause; building houses for families in need. There was nothing hard about it.
Great program
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Marshall, MOApril 1, 2014
Though disorganized and difficult to communicate with this program is wonderful. No where else can one help with their home and create connections with such a hard working bunch of people.
Nice place to meet people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Clemens, MIMarch 28, 2014
I was a volunteer for a few months thru Michigan's Work First Program. The hardest part of the job was not having anything to do most days. I learned file keeping, multiline phone operation and categorizing.
productive and good to give back to the community
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch and beverages
Cons: only work certain hours
Working with Habitat for Humanity is good for many reasons. Giving your time to those in need of shelter, giving them a warm feeling in their heart that they have a home. Working with the crew their I learned a few things. They were all nice and inviting when I first started and there's nothing I could complain about. Everyone that volunteers their – more... time to this community is incredible. Some even work full time on top of volunteer, that's amazing. – less
Fun job
Volunteer Builder (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMarch 26, 2014
Very hot outdoors and scheduled times to build but overall it was nice
Great help to the community
Volunteer Carpenter (Former Employee), Tacoma, WA\March 26, 2014
Great experience, professional training and an overall good feeling helping those families truly in need of an affordable home.
A remarkable company
AmeriCorps National Member (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 26, 2014
Habitat for Humanity has done so much for families and the community. Habitat's Neighborhod Revitalization Initiative is doing so much for the community such as making neighborhoods look better by clean up efforts and also partnering with different organizations.
fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee), oshkosh, WIMarch 26, 2014
i enjoyed working for this company. I had lots of fun, i actually volunteered there but if i got paid a wage i would of loved to stay and work for them
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Dover, DEMarch 24, 2014
Day starts out with unloading and pricing said things. Working with customers. Great environment.
Very great place to work
Sales Rep/Customer Service (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 24, 2014
I love the people there and it is a great chance to volunteer my time to help others.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaMarch 24, 2014
I encourage others to do the same. The lives touched and appreciation you receive is awesome.
Great before merger with larger, failing affiliate.
Construction Operations Manager (Former Employee), Valley wide.March 19, 2014
Really don't wish to elaborate negatively in writing.
Can do so if truly needed at interview.
Productive and good life experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 17, 2014
Pros: teaches me important life lessons, friendly people, laid back, beneficial, lunch break
Cons: finding work, keeping busy, dusty/dirty environment, organization outside
A typical day volunteering at the Restore consists of of cleaning all of the furniture, decorations, and appliances being sold and donated. After I thoroughly clean the merchandise I then go through the isles and organize anything that is out of order and alphabetize CD's, tapes, and records and just make sure everything is in the right place. What – more... I've learned from volunteering here is that organization and presentation is key, if you keep the store and merchandise in order and in good condition it's easier to sell and easier for the customers to find. The co-workers and other individuals volunteering along with me are very helpful, I find that we don't so much work together we work more independently. The hardest part of this volunteering job is finding work to keep busy, the work that I am given or find to do gets done quickly and efficiently. Even though finding work to keep busy throughout my four hours of volunteering is hard, the most enjoyable part of volunteering here is the experience working with customers and learning how important it is to pay attention to detail and organization. The other enjoyable part of my job as a volunteer is knowing that I'm helping out the co-workers of the store and the people who are donating their goods. – less
Very Good organization
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Cinnaminson, NJMarch 17, 2014
Pros: rewarding work, good friends and strong organization
Cons: low pay
Habitat for Humanity is an outstanding organization that provides
an excellent opportunity to do good for the community . It gives a very good feeling to see the product of your labor years in to the future.
I learned many new things while helping others!
Volunteer (Current Employee), Gardena, CAMarch 15, 2014
I would recommend volunteering with Habitat. I plan to continue volunteering with them.
i had fun working with others and as a team memeber
Volunteer (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: i got free food
Cons: when i had breaks i drink cold water and ate pizza it was good
i learn how to do construction such as connecting walls hammering nails into wood to build section of a house. and also warehouse,assisting with inventory, sweeping, dusting and helping ReStore customers. building homes, stocking items, organized, and packaged office room supplies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos