Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

It was ok
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaylord miSeptember 16, 2016
I worked in a little cube like office. I answered phones. I also did the filing. Tried to answer questions given to me or found someone who answer them
Pros
Worked like 3-4 hour a day
Cons
Not a long term job
Poorly organized
ReSTORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 15, 2016
Work environment among staff is proactive, however management leaves a lot to be desired. There is little room for job advancement, and pay does not correlate to what is expected of staff to do.
Great purpose
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 14, 2016
They do great things there but can have better processes for things. They work hard there and try to make sure that they are pricing things reasonable to help others in need.
Pros
Good place to work if you enjoy helping people.
Cons
Can be more organized.
Good workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTSeptember 8, 2016
First thing I have to mention is that neither the manager (Brian LaTour) nor the assistant manager (Rachel Lambert) still works there, so the management comments are a little outdated.

Despite working hard there, I never got dehydrated because I got a lot of breaks and the refrigerator was full of bottled water.

The management was great there. They made sure I was hydrated and didn't work me too hard.

After a time, the manager got a good handle on my abilities and would cue up several different jobs which I would remember all of then execute.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, Good management, No application (builds work experience without having to apply)
Cons
Volunteer (no pay)
Marketing Manager, Habitat ReStore (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Management is great to work with. The most important of the job is me being able to give back to my community. The people I work with are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Great but no advancement
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 7, 2016
There are a million and one great things about working here, but if you're not looking to advance your career and instead are okay with staying in your position for more than 5-10 years then here is a place to be!
Pros
They stick to 40 hours
Cons
No advancement, room for growth, compensation and benefits.
Fun and family work environment
Vice-President of Retail Operations (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2016
Great work/life balance. You can feel the immediate benefits of working for this non-profit organization. Our mission is to build affordable housing for low-income families.
Pros
work/life balance --- family culture
Graphic Design and Marketing
Graphic Designer; Video Producer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2016
Offered support to affiliates across the state of Wisconsin. Duties included creating content via video, graphics, web, and print. Wrote copy and created campaigns.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCAugust 28, 2016
Folding clothes was a typical day for me. I Liked that fact that I stayed busy everyday. Very unorganized and unprofessional one of the things that I hate.
Pros
stay busy
Cons
not enough hours
Welcoming environment that values those that are willing to help for the same cause.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAAugust 26, 2016
Extremely welcoming environment that helps, not only you, but the people that you will be doing the work for. I was able to help build a house for families that needed independence from a previous situation in their life and couldn't afford to purchase one on their own.
Wonderful Place to Volunteer.
Administrative assistant duties (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 26, 2016
A very rewarding place to volunteer. Habitat for Humanity does an excellent job for the community.

My typical day is data entry and filing.

I learned that a simple application process, can lead to the hopes and dreams for a family.

The management teams are friendly and yet, professional.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is to assist in their annual events.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No cons.
Fun, awesome environment
Customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2016
I loved working at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, I had so much fun. The supervisors, employees, and volunteers were all really friendly, supportive, and helpful.
Working Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2016
The company could be an excellent company to work for except for no rules and regulations are followed and there is a "double standard" within this organization for those in higher positions. Management needs more training on how to treat employees and how to integrate the company into being cultural friendly.
Pros
Benefits and the mission
Cons
not diverse or culturally sound, decisions are biased more so than factual and not by company bylaws and regulations.
Summer Program was GREAT
Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJAugust 19, 2016
Summer Internship Program was a good way to introduce high school students with life in the "real world". Worked full 40 hour weeks and were able to be placed in jobs that closely matched your interest. Summer Program Coordinator was excellent & really cared about us and our development as young adults.
Pros
Group Peer Meetings, Free Financial Classes, Experience, Networking
Productive and learned alot
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed my intern at Habitat for Humanity. I was able to learn how to audit reports, file things through Habitat's hard drive and work with a diverse group of people.
Loved it
Volunteer Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 14, 2016
Wonderful job love the people.very rewarding. I would do this again. I worked with AmeriCorps so I was on a contract. looking in to the Senior Corps to do something else
Pros
every thing
Habitat
Volunteer/Community Involvement (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 14, 2016
I was able to meet some amazing people while volunteering for Habitat.

I found out that some of the clothes that I donated to them go to third world countries.

I was able to greet customers as they came to help and drop off donations.
I was an intern
Sustainable Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
I was an intern, so I don't have much to say. The staff was super nice. My desk was down in the dungeon, but that was okay. I liked interning here and would work here if given the opportunity
internship
Internship Student-Doing Final project (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2016
Help people who are low income to have a house for their life and also learning of teamwork; my project was research the site and community and created idea to rebuild the Ludlow area .
It's something you'll never forget.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 31, 2016
A day as a volunteer at Habitat for Humanity is a great day, from start to finish. Starting our day we would pray as a group in the store, and as the day progressed you are approached by many wonderful people, helping them with whatever they may need. The managers and workers at Habitat are superb, everyone in the store was treated as family and the volunteers all have strong loving bonds with each other. Every Saturday Management would buy all of the volunteers lunch, and I found that sitting around the break table with everyone talking about our experiences of the day was one of the best parts of the job, the hardest part was probably leaving.
Pros
Free lunches & friendly people.
Cons
Hard labor for some volunteers, and Hot summer days.

4.4