Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

A career that allows flexibility, creativiity and recruitment.
Director (Current Employee), Louisa, VaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: i'm my own boss
Cons: no board support, no benefits and no financial compensation.
A typical day at Habitat involves meeting potential families and enrolling then in the First Time Home Buyer's Workshops. Explaining Habitat for Humanity is a non profit agency that helps low income families purchase their first home.

Time management is very important to; because, I also recruit volunteers and costumers for Meals On Wheels. Habitat – more... For Humanity Board has allocated for the position of director 40 hours a month.

I am a solo team player that report monthly to the Board for Habitat.

The hardest part of my employment is NOT enough hours in the day.

The most enjoyable part of my position is meeting new prospective volunteers, costumers, potential partner families and people in the community. – less
Happy People
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 22, 2014
Habitat for Humanity (Restore) is a great organization. Management is tops. From the CEO down to the store manager. Helpful, understanding people who will help you in many different ways. Habitat for Humanity is a Christian based organization whose whole purpose is to help low income people find decent safe affordable housing. They accomplish this with – more... a passion! They build homes as well as remodel existing structures. What I loved about Habitat is that every Thursday morning we had staff meetings that gave you an overview of the entire organization.

I am thankful to have been a part of Habitat for Humanity. – less
Working with Habitat was a great experience
General Manager (Former Employee), Pittsboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Working with Habitat for Humanity was a great experience for me. I am regretful that my job was eliminated during the organizational restructuring.
volunteer
Volunteer, Gulf Port, MS (Former Employee), Gulf Port MSNovember 17, 2014
Everyone seems to enjoy it here and has the right balance between fun and productivity. great experience would recommend it to anyone
Productive and Fun Workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 14, 2014
Great nonprofit home improvement store with reasonable prices.
Volunteer
US Department of State Summer Clerical Internship (Former Employee), Highland, MDNovember 12, 2014
I was a volunteer and didn't work here. It's a great organization though.
Non profit company with a lot of potential
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Huron, MINovember 12, 2014
Great staff to work with. A lot of donations came in that were great to resell.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2014
Only volunteered, but gained skill. Loved to help with different things
great job!
Coordinator (Former Employee), Kingsland, GANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great hours, made a difference
Cons: temporary
Loved this job. made a difference in the office, the clients and the work through the company. Since temporary and non-profit, funding did not allow me to continue.
got stuff in whenever anyone donated something
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee), Baraboo, WINovember 5, 2014
you could always learn new things at habitat for humanity got to meet new people daily and everyone was just very happy and outgoing hardest part of the job was when we had to lift couch's up onto kiosk for display
Rewarding work enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
Working for habitat for humanity is a rewarding work environment and a great way to give back to the community.
Productive and fun place to work.
Driver (Former Employee), Warrensville, OHNovember 3, 2014
Pros: meet important people, the money raised from donations go for a good cause.
Cons: that they were seasonal and are ran of funding.
The work load for Habitat for Humanity was moderate. Picking up donations and polishing them up for resale was the daily job duties. My co-worker and management for employers were very professional and courteous.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 3, 2014
This was just a volunteer job that I had done in college. I went in and helped reset the displays that they had and helped them sell rain catchers.
Productive and problem-focus oriented working attitude
Lean Six Sigma Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 30, 2014
It is very good company to work, Top level management also closely work with each individual, team work builds up here
Fun workplace
Service Ambassador (Former Employee), Glenwood Springs, COOctober 30, 2014
Habitat For humanity is a great place to work, you learn something new everyday. The management would need a little adjustment; however, its overall a great work place. The people just working there are incredible, the attitudes are always positive. It is indeed a great workplace. There is not many benefits available to you.
fun work place
DONATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee), South CarolinaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: provided breakfest
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is pretty slow and hot. what I learn is how to have good communication skills. my manager was cool and laid back. some co-workers would work others wouldn't. the hardest part of the job was moving furniture out of customers houses. the most enjoyable part of the job was everybody always had a good attitude even on a rainy day.
Great Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Colville, WAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: helping the community
Cons: hard to advance
very friendly and great for the community. The workers are all happy and are ready every day to meet and greet you with a smile.
A great experience
Volunteered as a Site Host for the Dallas (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2014
This was just a volunteer fair that I attended for a team building experience. It was such a great opportunity to be involved in.
Productive workplace
Family Partner Program Director (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 22, 2014
Pros: employee benefits are great
Cons: turnover of executive directors
I regret leaving Habitat-NYC because I experience great training, growth and opportunity to produce as an employee there.
Slow Paced
Volunteer as an Office Assistant (Former Employee), Easton, MDOctober 22, 2014
Very slow paced not a lot to do. Very organized and direct. Management was very easy going very interesting place to work

1 2 3 4 5

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos