Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,090 reviews matching the search
Construction
Construction (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Was a great place to work. Employees were all treated like family. It was a fast paced yet fun environment where everything got done and laughter was a constant when working.
very fun place to experience new things
Sales Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
it was a fun job out going, smart employees, nice customers,very clean.....if i can work there again i will love to go back...Seeking stable and long term employment in a company where I can grow professionally and further enhance my skills, knowledge and experience. To achieve my goals for my future.
Pros
own lunches, .
Cons
1 hour breaks
Meet alot of new people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I was a volunteer and I learned a lot it was a great experience. I was during the Christmas season get rid of a lot of face trees reasonably priced was nice.. the hardest part was I worked I the warehouse so it was hot and trying to mop that floor was not easy.
Fun and friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 18, 2017
Volunteering at Habitat for Humanity was a very eye-opening and fun, hands-on, experience. Working with my hands is a very fun thing for me to do, so being able to do that for a few days and help the community was a very touching experience.
Steady work for big hearted people.
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day includes examining milestones of the previous days, improving on process and formulating ways to move forward.
I have learned a new trade in framing, and contracting.
Management is hit and miss constantly.
More work than one person can tackle in a day.
Deadlines are the most difficult, when dealing with circumstances beyond our control.
Completing a house to present to a family, so they may start a new chapter of their life.
Pros
Seeing families earn the chance to live in better conditions than prior states.
Cons
Ever changing management that feels they need to micromanage.
Good people
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 14, 2017
It was a job to further my education. The people were caring and very hard working. It was a pleasure to be a part of that team. What was especially nice is that the people would go out of their way on a daily basis to assist those who are less fortunate.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits
Easy Temporary Construction
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 14, 2017
The job was a temporary job but they had long term positions. I was still going to school at the time but they worked with my schedule and the work wasnt hard or bad.
Pros
Lunch breaks, etc
Cons
Working in different weather climates.
Great place bad manager
Warehouse manager/ construction supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, INSeptember 13, 2017
Great organization bad management, if this issue was fixed it would be a dream job outside of no insurance.Working every weekend does get a little old but its worrth it to help other.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Managment
Wonderful Organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 13, 2017
I am proud to be an recipient and volunteer for this organization. They really help family's and continue to provide creative support for the good of the community and humanity.
Pros
Great Builds.
Rewarding job with surprisingly good pay and benefits
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Working for Habitat was extremely rewarding. You can make a difference in the community while having fun and making new friends with the volunteers. Working with volunteers can be a different and sometimes challenging roll. Overall I would recommend Habitat for anyone looking for a temporary job that they would enjoy and make decent money.
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Americus, GASeptember 13, 2017
Well this position was pleasant but yet not to stressful which required me to clean assigned building which I worked with partner sometimes and alone.
Pros
Free dinners and good people
Cons
short rest time
Garbage Company
Warehouse / Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89102September 12, 2017
No advancement and management lies to your face. Refuses to hire help and overworks employees forcing them to quit. And when you don't quit they find a reason to fire you. When you approach management with safety issues they refuse to fix the problem. Employees are allowed to smoke around propane tanks.
Pros
you are allowed to roll over vacation time
Cons
everything else
Enjoyable to help those in need!
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Exceptional life experience involved in a humbling environment! Enjoyed working with the volunteers who seemed to just keep coming. Making a difference in so many lives was very rewarding.
Interning with Habitat was a great experience
Construction Leadership Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 12, 2017
I was a Construction Leadership Intern with Habitat for Humanity in San Francisco, and it was a great experience! Unpaid internship. It's all about learning a new construction skill, and then teaching it to new volunteers. I enjoyed the work, and felt like I grew as an individual from the leadership role. Being volunteers working for a good cause, everyone is friendly and supportive.
very professional work place
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 11, 2017
My time with Habitat was amazing everyone was very professional and worked together team work was a big thing for Habitat.I learned a lot like how to b a great leader,work with, others,and how to conduct myself in a professional manor.
Pros
builds character
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 11, 2017
Helping people is the main goal. I was able to volunteer to help others build their homes. Fast paced environment at times but worth it. The main goal was all about helping others that needed it
It was an interesting place to work
Donations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 7, 2017
It was a very confusing place to work as the donations manager was very competitive with the store manager and I was given inconsistent information which made it hard to know what they wanted.
Pros
Volunteer were great and I loved working for this non profit. I was proud to work for this place.
Cons
Confusion and inconsistent information was given to me
Great place to work and be with a team
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
I would come in and everyone was so nice and helpful. I learned how to work with a team and create and implement strategies in order to successfully build new homes. The hardest part of the job was the hours but ending was quite rewarding. The most enjoyable part was definitely the people I got to work with.
Pros
Great volunteer experience, had lunch breaks.
Cons
I enjoyed volunteering for MAHFH.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GeorgiaSeptember 7, 2017
Macon Area Habitat for Humanity was a neat place to volunteer, because I got the opportunity to meet many new, interesting and really nice people. Great place to volunteer!!
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Temporary/Volunteer Position
Good way to begin a career in construction. Left feeling under-appreciated.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 7, 2017
Very positive/friendly work environment.

The work is quite fast-paced, leaving much to be desired in the form of structured tutelage.

There are very few paid positions within Habitat for Humanity. Do not expect that hard work and dedication will be met with gainful employment.
Pros
positive work environment/attitude, lunch provided occasionally
Cons
working in extreme cold or heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4