Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

Productive learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCJune 25, 2016
I was able to see different homeowners and soon-to-be homeowners go though the application process. Input community hours for volunteers.
Interesting and fast-paced
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 22, 2016
On a typical day you begin by stocking, pricing, or cleaning items and throughout the day you sort through deliveries and help customers find everything they need and answer any questions they have. I learned how to manage my time and become confident in my work.
Great learning Experience while helping others!
Volunteer Worker for Habitat for Humanity (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2016
Volunteered during 2012 where I would fix up low income housing for new families to buy or rent, I've learned a lot from volunteering my time at Habitat For Humanity that really built into the career I was going for at the time!
Pros
Friendly People, Frequent Breaks, Understanding
Habitat for Humanity
Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJune 21, 2016
Working for the Habitat for Humanity organization was a challenge that I enjoyed immensely. The group of administrators that ran our chapter worked well together to create new ideas,and plans. We spent months developing from the ground up, a complete neighborhood of homes for a group of low income families. Starting with obtaining the land from the city, to the selection process of the families, then the 'build' of each home with all the families working together. It was an honor to be a part of this organization.
Building homes.
Home Builder (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 17, 2016
Working for Habitat For Humanity was a great experience that I would recommend to anybody.
Though the work is hard and you may sometimes encounter hot heat, You're surrounded by good people who are all striving to better someone's life and at the same time their own community.
Pros
Helping Others, Bettering Community, ect.
Cons
Physically Demanding.
Fufilling, and helpful work.
Non-profit Organization - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJune 16, 2016
The organization is by far one of the most fantastic and helpful charities to be apart of. With amazing staff and volunteers all searching to help others in need.
Pros
Helping people
Productive and Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2016
You organized the store and priced donations; you help assemble furniture and guide customers to what they want. The place is quiet, however busy and the coworkers are very friendly. There's always work that needs to be done but its not impossible tasks.
overall good place to work
Customer service/Floor salesperson (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 13, 2016
A fast paced job preparing and pricing merchandise for resale, helping customers, etc.. The store was not climate controlled so temperature changes were a challenge and rearranging the furniture was a challenge when the place was full and the donation truck came in. I enjoyed working with the other employees and volunteers and seeing the regular customers daily.
Productive group with a good cause that works towards goals
Vice president (Former Employee) –  Worcester Academy, Worcester, MAJune 8, 2016
When I joined Habitat for Humanity I did not know exactly what I was doing. However, I learned skills such as working as part of a team and a larger cause that would benefit communities rather than individuals. I learned how to be assertive, and how to problem solve. It was quite social, and the people were genuine and kind. There were big projects such as building houses, but also small projects such as building community gardens, landscaping, and fundraisers. Working on job sites was the best part of the job because of the visible progression of things and because of the group effort. Surprisingly, the only hard parts of the job were organizing groups of volunteers for the site jobs and sometimes the physical labor. Otherwise, Habitat for Humanity was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Helping communities, Good people, Learn new skills (construction, finance)
Cons
More of a volunteer job
While working with this company knowing it was for a good case I enjoyed it.
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed working and helping out the city of Georgetown with such out going group of people. If I could I'd take part in volunteering with this company again
Great mission!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 6, 2016
Loved the mission of helping families into affordable non-poverty housing through the sales of new and used donated merchandise.
It is nice to feel your working for a cause.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
short staffed and lack of management support
productive and fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAMay 30, 2016
Its was busy when I was working there they had a lot of neat thing to buy although the space for are items weren't really big
I loved it!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAMay 27, 2016
I loved working here. It was challenging. Sometimes we were on a construction site and others we were setting up big events for fundraising. It was rewarding because you helped families find homes and were heavily involved in community interest.
Pros
Help the community, great co-workers and personal support.
Cons
Small staff meant extra work loads
great but forever to advance
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 23, 2016
maintain the back donations and load for customers to their cars. organize the store floors. assist with donation pickups on truck.
Pros
great people
Cons
slow with advancement
Volunteer work
Volunteering for Habitat (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2016
I love going out to help Habitat for Humanity. All the volunteers and workers on site are always helpful and collaborate together.
Pros
Helping families achieve affordable housing
Productive and fun workplace while building a home
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 14, 2016
It was a fun learning experience getting to build a house with my teammates. It helped me gain skills for later on in my life like communications skills and teamwork skills.
Blessing and humble.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 14, 2016
Going into this volunteer group I had no idea what I was getting in to! But the lead builders took the time to talk and educate every step that took place in building the house we built, every Saturday was a blessing and humble day because I was able to help build a home from the ground up and help a family get back on their feet. There really isn't quite better then being able to give your time to someone who deserves it.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
None!
volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2016
Time spent at habitat for humanity was all volunteer work, but the environment was enjoyable with friendly staff. The work was sow paced which was not preferred for me.
Fun environment to work at
Volunteer Food Provider (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 11, 2016
I was in charge of calling different restaurants in Bloomington and local markets and get donations for our weekend volunteers who would build our houses.
It was a volunteer job to clean up a beach
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLMay 3, 2016
Our goal was to walk a 7 mile beach and pick up any trash items we saw. We were successful in picking up approximately 1.5 tons of trash collectively

4.4