Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,000 reviews matching the search
Fulfilling and informative place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 4, 2017
I completed a summer internship with Habitat for Humanity, working in their donations garage and it was a great work environment and I liked my co-workers as well. Learned organizational skills and customer service skills as well.
Fun workplace and a good experience
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (remodeling crew) (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJuly 2, 2017
When I first started I didn't think it would be very fun. But when I actually started learning different things about remodeling houses it started becoming more fun to volunteer. I volunteered almost every Saturday I could with my father. He is one of the construction crew managers so he's the one who taught me everything about remodeling houses. I knew nothing when I started but I learned a lot in 2 years.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working in a hot house
Great opportunity to help people
Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 2, 2017
As a secretary, I was able to help many people in need through taking physical action in my volunteer house. We literally built homes for those in need, while having a lot of fun in the process.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good organization
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2017
A very nice organization with some problems from being a large organization. Sometimes you will have to deal with unprofessional employees who are too over motivated.
Not much job sercurity
ReStore Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 1, 2017
Due to Habitat being a non-profit there is not very much job security. It all depends on the funding that is available. It was also very difficult to secure volunteers to assist with the projects.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Lack of funding
CEO and founder fired for hugging a manager
Northeastern US Regional Director (10 states) (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 1, 2017
Habitat is dependent on people showing up for builds and contributing to the cause. More houses could be provided if people just gave money to the cause, but there is something about swinging a hammer that gets the giving juices flowing.
quick paced, high labor.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2017
Good company with good core beliefs.
Worked 8-10 hours per day.
Open environment and customer friendly.
Daily interactions with customers.
Very quick paced not much room for breaks.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Strenuous
You learn everyday very great company to work for
Warehouse Associate, Warehouse dockworker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2017
Excellent company to work for. If you enjoy meeting new people and have great customer service skills then you would be a great fit for the job.......
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Short 30 minute break
Warehouse support
Marketing, warehouse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 29, 2017
This job is not to difficult but it's only a part time job. I liked all of the people I worked with and enjoyed helping the customers. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a job.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 28, 2017
I think that anyone and everyone should have first hand experience helping people. I think that this experience was very rewarding to able to see the faces of the people that we were building a home for. These opportunities are the most rewarding from my opinion.
Great place to get great work experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 28, 2017
Every day was a different work day at habitat. some days you would find yourself receiving donations from customers, doing donation pick up's from donors house's, and even running the sales floor and helping customers with things they might need help finding. Overall it was a fun work place. Employees are very friendly and great to get along with.
Pros
Great work experience
Amazing
Off Center Internship (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 27, 2017
Habitat is an amazing place to do volunteer work the people are grate and vary understanding. You get to help in many different areas around the store.
Pros
get to work with grate people
Cons
short brakes
Very fast paced, quick thinking environment
Operations and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 27, 2017
Habitat for Humanity is an amazing organization. They definitely have the right idea at heart. Unfortunately, the way that things are run are not ideal. There are too many people involved in the day to day operations. It could be a much more successful operation if volunteers were not involved in day to day operations, and paid staff had a bigger role in making major decisions.
Good Cause/Great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2017
Strong brand and mission. Habitat has leaders who understand the changing environment and makes an intentional effort to change with the industry. There needs to be a deeper focus on career pathing.
great workplace with all kinds of dedicated and friendly people
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
so many opportunities to meet so many great people when working for/with Habitat. It's truly a great environment to be in, and everyone seems to be able to be friendly and productive. great place to get starting experience in using lots of tools and doing home-maintenance related tasks. Full or part time, every weekend allows you to be around friendly volunteers, some common helpers and plenty of new ones!
Pros
free lunches on Fridays and Saturdays
Cons
lots of time being in the heat, can be tough for some.
Meet new people everyday
Volenteer (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 25, 2017
You have to try to fix the donations that come in. I learned what can not be fixed and tell people that we can not accept their donations. You get to help people with their perches and put them in their vehicles. The management is very helpful and patient with the people that volunteer. The only downside to helping at the Re-Store is walking on Cement all day kind of rough on the feet, and legs.
Pros
They provide free T-Shirts so people know you are there to help
Cons
Some things are pritty heavy.
fast paced, rewarding
Mortgage Servicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2017
processing payments, paying insurance, corresponding with homeowners, payoffs,
mortgage documents, process of mortgages
team work between management and employees
non profit building homes for low income families
Pros
seeing rewards of providing home ownership to low income families
Something everyone should try
Volunteer Sales Asso. (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 24, 2017
I've learned how to adapt to very different environments with ease, offer my services as needed, and feel the satisfaction of doing all of this; small things add up for those in need. If all people gave a day a year to volunteer their able bodies, the world would be so much better off. Knowing you helped clothe, shelter, and even feed a family, or being able to have assisted someone signing ASL or speaking a non native language that didn't think you could service them and overcoming small obstables for the great good are all motives for joining Habitat for Humanity.
Pros
New character-building experiences and rewards of giving back
Cons
N/a
Habitat for Humanity
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 23, 2017
The workplace environment was professional and courteous. I would assist volunteers with the construction of houses, painting, roofing and interior decoratiing.
Service Non-Profit
Custodial Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2017
Good place to work, nice people, loved the organization. Loved to see families blessed and moving into a new home and into a new life. Able to see a project through to the end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4