Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

Habitat for Humanity
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 1, 2016
this job is a fun welcoming and friendly place to work at. they care about others and do for others like its nothing. I'd recommend this job to everyone.
working at habitat
Asst. Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2016
this job most definitely pushes one to the limits of customer service. in all areas of the field of management i love this job.
Bad experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 25, 2016
I dont enjoy be there. Really bad management. Poor treat for the employee. Any security in the building. Bad organization about task you have to do.
Pros
Any
Productive place with Ambitions for others
Mentor Program (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 23, 2016
Enjoy be able to help others who are in need is the biggest completion someone can have in life and thats what Habitat for Humanity was all about.
Productive non-profit
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 22, 2016
The Habitat for Humanity non-profit provides housing for those in need, and free lunch on the weekends. A typical day at work includes being provided necessary equipment, meeting with employees on site, and leaving when the supervisors decide to do so.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
supervisors stare*
Habitat for Humanity of Wilson County
Social Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 21, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to learn Habitat for Humanity's entire process from beginning to end. I met lots of wonderful people while maintaining the volunteer registry and while being on the job site actually watching the magic happen. I loved being able to be a part of it all. I participated in an unpaid internship at this company, and enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
fun and for a good cause
Construction Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Paula, CAMarch 19, 2016
It's a safe and friendly work environment. It is well equipped and has very good licensed workers. Their volunteers are always very kind and are supervised by professionals.
Giving Back to the Community
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 15, 2016
Count in register then start ringing people. Answer phones and deal with customer service also schedule pickups. Stay very busy day goes by quickly.
Pros
Very Flexible and Great group of Employees
Cons
Waiting for a job opening
Wonderful mission compromised by dysfunctionality.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 10, 2016
Wonderful work happening here. It could be so much better if senior management was better at communicating and didn't waffle on so many issues. Not a whole lot of listening going on. If you're committed to the mission, you might be able to look past the short comings and find your place here.
A great place to gain knowledge and experience.
Multi-task Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelton, WAMarch 9, 2016
With my time working there I met so many great minds, all with their own story of how they ended up contributing to the community as their small step in saving the world, our habitat. A great place I plan to stay in touch with for most likely the rest of my life.
Pros
Free lunch, on-the-job training, networking, welcoming work place.
Cons
Volunteer work doesn't pay bills...
A very rewarding workplace.
Youth Construction Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 3, 2016
Was a wonderfull place to work. the youth construct tainer position was very rewarding and it was a joy the see the youth progress througout the program.
Pros
spiritualy rewarding.
Cons
NA
Having fun working with other people.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 2, 2016
My typical day at work is talking to my co-workers, and knowing what to pick up at a customer house. My co-workers are fun to be around and we always get the job done. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our customers feel satisfied.
Pros
Meeting new customers
Cons
Short breaks
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 29, 2016
the sales team is friendly and helpful, customers are usually a pleasure to help and very informative, the facility is amazing, and its a great place to have a lot of fun while also learning a lot of new skills at the same time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no pay "volunteer"
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 29, 2016
a typical day i would come in 9AM and Leave at 6PM We Helped stock shelves, Mopped and swept floors, moved forniture in and out of the store and unload the Habitat for humanity trucks.
Great place to volunteer
Active volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
This organization is very active. They do alot of work in many cities and their volunteer events are always fun. It gives you a great sense of pride, by you knowing you are helping someone build a home for their family.
A Fun Way to Make A Difference in Your Community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity has made me into the well-rounded woman that I am today. With both the hard work in fundraising and house builds, I loved every minute because I knew I was making a difference in my community.
Always Something new
Head Driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 19, 2016
Fast pace, better be in shape. Everyday is a new thing. A really good job for those who like to be on their feet, lifting and moving and sorting. Feel good about keeping useful building materials out of the land-fills while at the same time helping out the community you live in.
An incredible mission serving Austin
Interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Austin's progressive not for profit organization which is at the very core of affordable housing for those who would not otherwise be in a position to own a home.
Pros
An incredible mission to serve the community
Cons
We cant do enough
A fast paced environment
clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 16, 2016
A typical work day consisted of running the register, customer service, loading and unloading donations and cleaning donated items to be placed on the floor for sale.
Pros
Friendly management and volunteers
Cons
Sometimes you end up running the store alone
IF you love what you do you realy dont work a day
Construction Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2016
Laborer/ Carpentry/ Carpenter/ Training, working along side Habitat For Humanity, carpentry, working on houses/ doing construction work on houses/ working on homes foundations/ Laying concrete for homes/ using hammer and nail to sandwich two by four and wooden poles together, building homes for the homeless
Pros
Helping good peopl find homes
Cons
not enough time in a day i loved my job

4.4