Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

overall it pays my bills
Senior Store Associate (Current Employee), Farmington, MIJune 12, 2014
busy
i've learned how to be a manager
management her is great
could be better
receiving
the fact that we build homes for families
good voluntary experience
garbage holder (Former Employee), gunpowder,MDJune 9, 2014
The objective was to go into the woods and pick up trash and clean the neighborhood.
Volunteering
Administration - Scheduler (Current Employee), Richmond, KYJune 6, 2014
working at the habitat restore isn't a job but a volunteer opportunity, yes granted i am here to help myself but I'm also here to help the less fortunate.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIJune 4, 2014
Pros: good heart and soul
Cons: it gets hot
This was a purely volunteer thing for me and I got to help build my moms house which was such an incredible experience. The people that run habit for humanity really put their heart and soul into it and its so incredible to build from the ground up.
Great Co-workers
Donation Pick-up Driver (Current Employee), San Carlos, CAJune 3, 2014
I drive the company‚Äôs 16 foot truck to donors homes to pick up appliances, furniture, and building supplies that are being donated to our store. I interact with donors and make sure that donating to Habitat for Humanity is a great experience for them. The employees are all friendly and hard working at the restore. The heavy lifting can be taxing on – more... your body but it is great to contribute to a positive organization. – less
What i did.
I volunteer each Tuesday as an assistant (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOJune 2, 2014
Worked on houses. Put up walls. Put up windows. Modified areas with saws. Cut wood. Put siding on a house. installed doors, and installed the general things like a dishwasher, fridge. ect.
Fun, creative workplace for interesting marketing ideas
Marketing Committee (Former Employee), Bloomington, IndianaJune 2, 2014
Pros: enjoyed making a lot of new friends within the marketing committee
Cons: we did not get paid because it was merely volunteer work
Typical day for the committee was to meet once a week for brainstorming

I have learned how to be selfless and to give back to the community

Management was well led by Marketing Committee Manager

Co-workers were all students who attended IU Bloomington

Hardest part of the job was to brainstorm

Most enjoyable part of the job was to create an advertisement – more... that succeeded – less
Warehouse and Retail work
ReStore Warehouse and Floor Manager (Former Employee), Woodstock ILJune 1, 2014
Pros: good premise
Cons: days too long not enough paid help
I typically worked from 8:00 am until 6:30 pm. I managed the volunteer workers and had to balance the need to get the work done with the fact that a volunteer does not get paid to do the job, hence I ended up doing a lot of the work myself. Hardest part of the job was the long days. Most enjoyable was helping raise money for deserving families. I am – more... contractually not able to comment about the management. – less
Overall a good experience
Dock worker (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 28, 2014
I strongly enjoyed working with the people there and learned alot during that time period. I learned more advanced organizational and product placement skills than I had at any other point. I also gained the ability to deal with customers who could be increasingly disrespectful and at points would even attempt to steal from the company.
Enjoyed working with customers
Customer Service/Cashier/ Delivery Clerk (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMay 27, 2014
I enjoy working with the public and I enjoyed driving the company truck
Nice job experience
Assistant Manager, Delivery/Cashier (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 27, 2014
Pros: great pay, off weekends
Cons: n/a
I was able to learn about invoices and inventory. I also was taught how to move and load a truck properly. Great job for starters.
Fun energetic place to work, lots of teamwork and customer interaction.
Key hold manager - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 21, 2014
The day begins by cleaning and organizing in effort for the daily operations to run smooth and efficiently. All employees collaborate together to make sure we are working on the goals for the day. The day consists of setting up donations for pick up or drop off, getting them cleaned, priced and ready for the sales floor. I enjoy helping customers most – more... of all, but to be part of a team who makes the community a better place is also very rewarding. The management is outstanding with a sense of company pride and responsibility for the good of team members as well as the patrons. All of my co-workers had something unique to bring to the table, which is great to share and learn from. – less
Light family feel
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CaliforniaMay 20, 2014
Involved as outside help in order to help implement their marketing plan for their event.
Great Experience
Volunteer Construction Worker (Former Employee), Starkville, MSMay 19, 2014
Good place to get some experience, you will get to try your hand in a lot of areas you are familiar and unfamiliar with.
Good team of associates
Store Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte NCMay 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: lack of autonomy
Habitat is a good organization. They were voted one the best places to work for in Charlotte this year.
Fulfilling experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMay 19, 2014
Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity consisted of constructing a duplex on various weekends. The atmosphere was fairly relaxed and volunteers were encouraged to have fun. The job became difficult as sometimes the management was not well organized. Overall it was a great experience to provide a house for a well deserving family.
hard work but a great life experiance
Volenteer (Former Employee), New OrleansMay 13, 2014
I went down to New Orleans the summer of 2010. It was a huge eye opener about how much damage was cause and how much still is being rebuilt. It was a great experiacne I leanred a lot and it is something I hope to do again.
good office environment
Office Assistant/Clerk (Former Employee), Lockland, OHMay 13, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: just part of my training
using word document letters/excel spreadsheets to log volunteer hours-send out company letters/ answering phones and setting up meeting dates
Great Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Trenton, NJMay 8, 2014
Pros: learninng new things, working with people and helping people
Cons: short breaks
it was fun I learned alot of new things about healthy envionments and how to be a safe and clean community . we did alot of building and things of nature of course i was volunterring with my school at the time so we would go out every day and help do things it was honestly one of the greatest experiences of my life
good
Volunteer (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAMay 4, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Habitat for Humanity is a non for profit organization that helps to provide homes for people who would not otherwise be able to afford a home. It makes the American dream come true for these people.
I enjoy volunteering my time to help this cause. I help in the Resale store, do pickups, and work as needed in this cause.

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos