Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity United States Employee Reviews

NICE ENVIRONMENT LOVELY STAFF
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no pay
Habitat For Humanity was a place I volunteered at for school credits. I volunteered for 4 hours a day I had to complete 40 hours of community service hours. I helped unload and price items in the store. I also helped customers who needed assistance with finding items.
Think Twice
Manager (Current Employee), Various StoresMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good cause
Cons: pretty much any job offers more
Pay is low at this company as it is a non-profit organization, and no opportunities. Upper management seems unaware of how to run retail locations.
Lead Donation Ambassador (Former Employee), Canton, OHMarch 12, 2015
I like working at Habitat. Positive Vibes all around. Great people and we have a lot of fun doing good work. I wish the benefits and pay were higher, as the experience is wonderful.
Great company with good intentions and relaxed environment
Financial Resources - Temporary (Current Employee), Americus, GAMarch 9, 2015
Great company that does great things for the world. The environment is relaxed and the work load is busy. There is always something needed to be done, and the people there are always willing to help. They also are very welcoming.
A noble idea.
Habitat for Humanity Restore Manager (Former Employee), Portales, NMMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the opportunity to work for a truly great and noble charity organization.
Cons: people will be people, and likewise, businesses fail because of this.
A typical day at work for the Habitat for Humanity Restore involved cashing people out, store maintenance, store organization, and pickups / deliveries from those who would donate items to the store. One major thing I learned from this job is an improved sense of organization in the work place. As a store working with restored goods, and in a very low socioeconomic status area, one has to make the best of what store space and what goods that your given. Sadly, I can't say that management was the greatest at this store. There was one main store manager that came along later and proved to be an excellent manager in my last year working for this store. However, for the most part, inexperience, pettiness, and overall resentment of other people's ideas, as far as the main management for this store, got in the way of making this store truly succeed. I didn't have many co-workers; just me and my brother actually ran the store. We did what we could with what I've already stated about management. Again, the hardest part of this job was trying to do the basic job of running a store, where everyone else who was a manager above us had their own idea about how the store should be run with no compromise. However, despite all these difficulties in this job, the best parts about this job is that it allowed me to help people that, though nameless to me, probably greatly appreciated the charity. That is the part of this job that I take with me that makes me feel the best about this job; the opportunity to work for an organization that delivers charity to a world greatly in need of it.
Very detail oriented.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Americus, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: the hours were from 8am-3pm which worked out great for me.
Cons: the pay was not compatible with the economy.
As a data entry clerk you ha to be detail oriented. The company also had a quota system so, you had to keep up with the pace. The co-workers were friendly, due to the nature of the job there was little time to socialize. The clerks were allowed to listen to music with headphones of course.
Productive fun learning environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Urbana, OHMarch 7, 2015
I loved going to work and looking forward to all the new customers and clients that would shop and donate at the ReStore. The Restore was a great opportunity for me as well as a fun learning experience.
Gloucester/Mathews Habitat for Humanity
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: enjoyable people, happy and pleasant
Cons: quick books in five days was hard and not able to learn it in that short period of time.
Wonderful work environment, Excellent management personnel, great personal attention to each employee, customer, and client.
Clean work environment, excellent books of inventory and sales.
The hardest part of the job was trying to learn the entire quick books program in only five days. I really enjoyed going to work each and every day, the people were pleasant and a wonderful work environment makes it pleasurable.
Work with Passion!
Staff, Cheon-an, South Korea (Former Employee), Cheon-an South KoreaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: working with variety of people
Cons: lots of phone calls
I was working with Home partners and crew leaders when I was interning at Habitat for Humanity. I learned how to facilitate between people to people and lead them in a good way. I really enjoyed working with variety of people.
They do a great Job
Receptionist (Internship) (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMarch 5, 2015
I only volunteered, but every one was extremely nice. They took time from their own schedule to show me what I had to do. Very nice people.
Professional with management responsibilities.
Executive Director (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: provided a needed service to the community.
Cons: salary lower than for profit business.
A non-profit that provided housing for low income families. Fun and challenging. Moved from volunteer-part time accountant-to Business Manager, and then to Executive Director.
Tremendous Organization with great people
Campus Fundraising Chair (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2015
A truly great organization to work for; along with coworkers who were a pleasure to work with. Position forced me to stay on top of my responsibilities as well as organize for more funds for the chapter.
Productive- work place, always busy and fast paced
General laborer (Current Employee), Kelso, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: take your own breaks when you want.
Cons: 6 month job only. and part time only. no benefits.
Organize sections throughout store. Working here has helped my organization skills so much that I am the lead organizing coordinator. All co-workers are friendly and eager to learn and help. You have to learn to deal with the customers that no matter the willingness you go for them, sometimes there just not going to be satisfied. I feel enrichment and self gratification having been given the organization coordinator.
Great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), greensboro,ncFebruary 25, 2015
Habitat for Humanity International, generally referred to as Habitat for Humanity or simply Habitat, is an international, non-governmental, and non-profit organization, which was founded in 1976.
GREAT RESALE STORE
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no a/c in warehouse section
EASY-GOING, MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT, COWORKERS WERE FRIENDLY, WORKING IN HEAT, GETTING TO KNOW AND DEAL WITH A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hudson, NYFebruary 21, 2015
I did it while I was in High School, so we didn't go that often, but when we did go, we were talked to about how to do something. but after we were talked too. It was productive and professorial.
Review Summary
Team Lead (Former Employee), AJAX,ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good support system.
Cons: lack of time.
Started as volunteer later offered employment opportunity.

Meeting people everyday was learning experience.

Amazing to work with volunteers teaching Habitat policies & procedures helping with daily duties.

Positive attitude.
Excellent
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee), Ionia, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: stayed busy
Cons: low pay (but that's ok)
I enjoyed the work and the experience. It was very fulfilling knowing that my efforts were contributing to the help of others in need.
Busy but good work for a good purpose.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Good group purpose driven for a good cause. A large portion of the profits from the Restore goes to building homes for those that may not be able to do for themselves.
workplace was fun and interesting.
Laborer (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAFebruary 16, 2015
working for habitat for humanity can be exhausting but looking back on it, it was pretty fun for the time that i volunteered there.

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries

Customer Service Representative
$20,000 per year

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself