Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

My only complaint
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2017
No one appreciates you there. You can work so hard and be so loyal, but it just doesn't matter. At the end of the day to them your just disposable. so I quit
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
lack of Appretiation
Fast paced store
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 9, 2017
When customers really started flowing in, the work place was never dull or boring. You always have something to do. Fellow workers were helpful and there was a good emphasis on teamwork at the store.
Good
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ontonagon, MINovember 8, 2017
I never worked for habitat for humanity as an employee. It was my pleasure to assist in raising funds to build a home. They appear to do great work and offer a very relevant service to individuals and the community as a whole. Other than this I do not feel qualified to off a relevant evaluation.
Worker
Helper (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2017
I helped unload and load the merchandise to the warehouse. also when i had the opportunity to help and build the houses that we voluntered. i mostly had keep the warehouse organized.
Prison enviroment
Wood Finisher & Cabinet Builder (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IANovember 8, 2017
Sorry I love the job that was given to me but I don't wish anyone to go to prison just to get this job and the kind of skills that was taught to me.
Learned to work with my hands, communication, and quality of workmanship.
Pros
The eagerness to get to work everyday
Cons
The location of said job
driver / pick up
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 8, 2017
get work order for the day ,do inspection on the truck before we go out on are first run , what I like was meeting new people and my coworker and doing my job
Pros
don't remember any
Cons
no health care
It was good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 7, 2017
I really liked Habitat For Humanity. I would recommend it to everyone that I know. They showed me a lot about construction. I also liked the fact of helping other people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No pay
good mgt
Director, Purchasing & Corporate Travel (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2017
good mgt people cared and worked together team environment very small organization so its tough to get work done timely but it does get done. worthwhile cause
Fun organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 4, 2017
You are always doing something and helping out the community. You are never not busy and you make new friends and meet new people along the way. Organization doesnt disappoint.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Interactive with the community
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Hanapēpē, HINovember 2, 2017
During my days, I would sort through donations and put them out on the floor. My manager was very helpful when I had questions and I loved meeting new people. The workplace has a positive environment that gives much needed aid to the community.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Procurement Manager/ Warehouse/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 1, 2017
Seeing the families get their own home and fill it with hope and the joy their kids have calling something their home is beyond words. Great organization.
fun.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 31, 2017
Helping to unload donated house items from the vehicles, cashiered, making sure items with old price tags are replaced with new ones, going up and down the aisles making sure they are clean and neat.
Pros
Meeting new faces everyday
Cons
long day without no work
Enjoyable but lacking in benefits and promotions
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 31, 2017
I held the same position for three years and did not receive a raise, nor a promotion, but my work load consistently increased. The company also did not provide benefits, which I wish they had. My schedule included working every Saturday for those three years, so ultimately, it was not a long term job, but in terms of working with wonderful volunteers and giving back to the community, it was a great place to work.
Pros
Volunteers are inspirational and the company gives back to the community
Cons
lack of benefits and difficult schedule
Educational and interesting
Core Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2017
As a core volunteer I worked on one house from beginning to end. I was often asked to supervise the volunteers in the construction and participated in the construction.
Pros
fulfilling, great workout
Cons
long days
Productive and fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 31, 2017
Its an amazing place to work/volunteer at, everyone there is friendly

A typical day is to just keep the flow moving, clean items, price them and find a place on the sales floor for the customers.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLOctober 30, 2017
Working here gave me the oppertunity to help people and get involved in the company and communtity. I have been able to take akills learned here and use them in my everyday life.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
15 minute lunches
N/a
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2017
Worked with teams to meet goals for the company. Demonstrated strong leadership skills when it came to building homes with a team. Was able to build strong relationships and connections.
My work directives matches my set of skills
Resource Development Manager (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionOctober 27, 2017
I spent 10 years with World Vision doing mass fundraising and Habitat for Humanity hired to do just that. I was given the liberty to form my own team, which makes the job more easier and fun because I know exactly the right type of people I will be working with.
Pros
I was given a flexi-time schedule
Cons
I sometimes do work related stuff during weekends
Community Outreach at its best merges with Recycling, Reuse & Restore
Distribution & Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MT 59901October 27, 2017
When a service provides hope for family shelter and providing materials to improve existing homes, the helping atmosphere is motivational and contagious. Volunteers make up 90% of those who do the work, so having a paid position was an honor and instills a real sense of purpose even though it's low pay.

Real world issues erupted from time to time when trying to coordinate donations and having to deal with a persons idea what is acceptable materials and or furnishings (e.g. sometimes we seemed to be garbage collectors and worse was dealing how to dispose of it properly all trying not to offend anyone. Also, buyers ranged from realizing they were supporting building programs so prices were seen as fair where others thought because it had been donated they should get the items for absurdly low prices ( e.g. $300+ new bath enclosure donated by a contractor and a customer offer of $5.00 becoming irate and rude to our team)
Pros
Good will self affirming family support volunteer rock!
Cons
small minded customers, pay
Its an ok job, definitely no room to grow in a career type of way. Poorly managed place and dispatch coordinators havw little to no experince .
Driver (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 26, 2017
Habitat For Humanity is a place for people who are satisfied with a dead end job, and have no career goals. It is a stressful environment managers are completely clueless.
Benefits
Cons
Doesnt pay well for what you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3