Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,000 reviews matching the search
Great
ReStore Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 21, 2017
Great place to work, work life balance is good. People care for each other. The ReStore is a fast pace environment. The cause of Habitat for Humanity is unbelievable.
Pros
great hours, good people, help people.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 21, 2017
This was excellent experience and very rewarding to actually assist in wiring a house through school for people in need. and do what I actually I have studied for.
Very fun Place to work
Construction Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 21, 2017
Habitat for humanity makes sure all of there clients and employees are very knowledgeable on how to build a home. The work crew was very knowledgeable and helpful. The connections you get to make can last a lifetime and help you get further in your career
Volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 19, 2017
Had the opportunity to work with this company and great group of people. What they do for people is so amazing and a blessing. The workers have so much care and passion of helping people build their forever home.
fun place to work
Family Selection Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2017
able to help clients that would not normally get to purchase their own home, training them what is needed to keep up with homeowners what it takes to have your own home
easy going work place with great children to work with
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 19, 2017
I worked with Habitat for Humanity through my college federal work study program. The job was easy going , just wish there were more work hours allowed.
Unorganized
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAJune 18, 2017
My time working at Habitat was tough. They were always short of workers and depended on the ones there like myself to pick up the slack and do whatever needed to be done. It was exhausting. Management was terrible. Most had never managed people or projects before and were winging it. The upside is that you get to really make a difference in someone's life. That was incredibly rewarding!
One of the best times of my life
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIJune 17, 2017
I worked with habitat for humanity in New Orleans on flood relief and building houses in 2012 and I had a blast. I worked on houses in Marquette Michigan in the summer of 2013 before I decided to move there permanently.
Pros
Great work experience and i worked with fantastic peoplr
Cons
No cons
Engaging Workplace with customers and employees
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 16, 2017
A typical day was working with customers, volunteers, and employees.
I managed to learn a lot about retail and customer service.
Hardest part of the job was the weather because when it is raining we have to stay inside if it rains too much and if it was sunny then it was to hot to stay outside.
Pros
Close to restaurants
Cons
Weather and customers trying to bargain on processed items
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering for Habitat of Humanity. The people were very kind and patient when teaching how to help. They are very organized and knowledgeable.
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Tester (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 15, 2017
A great place to work, team oriented, great with flexible work schedule, great people to work with. Able to work hard and room for moving up. The bosses are very understandable
Fun place to work at
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  3455 E Flamingo RdJune 15, 2017
Habitat for humanity is a great place to work at when you're young and cant get a job without experience. I started to work there in 2015 as a volunteer and volunteer still. The people at work are very nice, they taught how to use tools sho me the nowledge when items are rotten from th inside and disposed those rotten items properly.
Pros
Great People
Cons
N/a
Amicable work environment
recruited/volunteer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 13, 2017
The staff was incredibly warm and welcoming. There was a dope guitar upstairs in the Alpharetta location as well as nifty reading material. As a draftswoman, noting the glass work tables that were available (2) was a wonderful inspiration for future endeavours. I was able to get my official hours logged quickly and professional, so that was a great plus (for those who need to pay attention to hourly requirements)!
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
no small Restore shirt sizes
Community Service Volunteer
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 12, 2017
I only did volunteer service here so I don't know about compensation or anything similar to that. It was a good place to work and meet other people that wanted to do good as well.
I did my externship for school with Habitat For Humanity
Construction Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJune 12, 2017
This was another rewarding opportunity for me. At school we were required to work an externship in order to graduate. I chose Habitat for mine. I had the opportunity to help build a home for first time home buyers with lower incomes. It made me feel real good to know I was a part of helping a family get away from renting and get into being home owners.
Pros
I got to work with some dynamite people
Cons
It's hard work, and I don't like dry wall sanding, very dirty.
Fun workplace.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJune 9, 2017
I absolutely loved my job. I learned the smartest way to pick up and move heavy items. The management was very calm and easy to work with. Definitely one of a kind workplace. The hardest part was pacing items on the floor and the most enjoyable part was riding on the truck.
Pros
Heavy lifting.
Cons
Making space on the floor.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 9, 2017
Assisted Habitat Humanity in home building. Provided lunches for volunteers and made sure all necessary tools were provided to ensure a successful job.
was a very different experience but thrilling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 9, 2017
- great
- how to build a house how every detail is very important to have a great home
- was very educating understanding when teaching a group of different learning abilities
Volunteer construction work.
Volunteer Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJJune 8, 2017
This was a spring break service that I went on in 2016. We repaired a broken roof for a low-income family. We also constructed a ramp for a physically disabled veteran in a wheelchair. We also built a new roof for a new Habitat for Humanity office located in Carneys Point, NJ. I met and got close to a good group of people during this service trip.
build homes
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
building home for people that don't have make me feel so good even if it was just volunteer work it makes you a better person and a harder worker as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4