Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

Fun experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 15, 2016
I only did this as a volunteer job. I did not make any money.
I helped build a house for a less fortunate and deserving family.

Frankly this portion of this assessment is bothersome. I am just trying to get a job, why does it matter what experiences I had somewhere else? All of this is irrelevant to being hired. The experience was great and I have nothing else to say about it.
A very productive work place with fun people to be around.
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 27, 2015
A typical work day for Habitat for Humanity would consist of, me and other workers unloading, and loading household items, for either delivery, or renovation to put on the sales floor. What i learned was to communicate with my co-workers to get a couch that wouldn't fit into a car, to fit in the car. The management was pretty good. The managers had it under control, and organized pretty much all day everyday. My co-workers were extremely easy to talk to, and to get along with. The hardest part of the job would have to probably be, lifting a 100 pound item by your self that you couldn't get a good grip on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a bunch of nice people, and helping people restore their furniture.
Highschool EFE program
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 6, 2016
I participated in a construction management education for employment class when I was in high school it was a good experience and I would recommend people interested in construction management or construction to participate.
Productive and fun workplace while building a home
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 14, 2016
It was a fun learning experience getting to build a house with my teammates. It helped me gain skills for later on in my life like communications skills and teamwork skills.
Great Environment
Family Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
Interning at Habitat for Humanity was an awesome experience. When providing such an open-door policy environment, even interns had a voice, which was reciprocated in our work, I believe.
Always Something new
Head Driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 19, 2016
Fast pace, better be in shape. Everyday is a new thing. A really good job for those who like to be on their feet, lifting and moving and sorting. Feel good about keeping useful building materials out of the land-fills while at the same time helping out the community you live in.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 29, 2016
the sales team is friendly and helpful, customers are usually a pleasure to help and very informative, the facility is amazing, and its a great place to have a lot of fun while also learning a lot of new skills at the same time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no pay "volunteer"
Giving Back to the Community
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 15, 2016
Count in register then start ringing people. Answer phones and deal with customer service also schedule pickups. Stay very busy day goes by quickly.
Pros
Very Flexible and Great group of Employees
Cons
Waiting for a job opening
An incredible mission serving Austin
Interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Austin's progressive not for profit organization which is at the very core of affordable housing for those who would not otherwise be in a position to own a home.
Pros
An incredible mission to serve the community
Cons
We cant do enough
Excellent Organization to work for.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 14, 2016
Very rewarding working with deserving families within community. Non-profit, Christian organization that is an awesome organization to work for or volunteer.
A Fun Way to Make A Difference in Your Community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity has made me into the well-rounded woman that I am today. With both the hard work in fundraising and house builds, I loved every minute because I knew I was making a difference in my community.
Volunteer work
Volunteering for Habitat (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2016
I love going out to help Habitat for Humanity. All the volunteers and workers on site are always helpful and collaborate together.
Pros
Helping families achieve affordable housing
Community Service, Interaction, and Knowledge
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 15, 2015
Here at Habitat For Humanity my job was to simply give to others and be unselfish and it taught me to be exactly that. I learned that some aren't as fortunate as others and that when you give its always rewarded. There were no cons while I was here and meant to give it 5 stars all the way down.
Pros
Interaction, Learning new things, Knowledge, and helping others
great but forever to advance
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 23, 2016
maintain the back donations and load for customers to their cars. organize the store floors. assist with donation pickups on truck.
Pros
great people
Cons
slow with advancement
Volunteered
Filing Clerk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 12, 2016
Volunteered- there was no need for benefits, balancing between work and my personal life, did not provide job security seeing that this was a volunteer opportunity, etc.
A fast paced environment
clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 16, 2016
A typical work day consisted of running the register, customer service, loading and unloading donations and cleaning donated items to be placed on the floor for sale.
Pros
Friendly management and volunteers
Cons
Sometimes you end up running the store alone
Amazing
Team Member (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 13, 2016
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity changed my life. It was the best experience. Helping people is something that more people should do because the world is so much bigger than us.
Everyone is helpful and full of energy.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 12, 2016
We all went as group with school. We were the Interact Club and went to make a difference. We had many things to do and I believe something hard was the digging because it left me sore.
Fun environment to work at
Volunteer Food Provider (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 11, 2016
I was in charge of calling different restaurants in Bloomington and local markets and get donations for our weekend volunteers who would build our houses.
Great place to volunteer
Active volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
This organization is very active. They do alot of work in many cities and their volunteer events are always fun. It gives you a great sense of pride, by you knowing you are helping someone build a home for their family.

4.4