Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLOctober 30, 2017
Working here gave me the oppertunity to help people and get involved in the company and communtity. I have been able to take akills learned here and use them in my everyday life.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
15 minute lunches
N/a
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2017
Worked with teams to meet goals for the company. Demonstrated strong leadership skills when it came to building homes with a team. Was able to build strong relationships and connections.
My work directives matches my set of skills
Resource Development Manager (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionOctober 27, 2017
I spent 10 years with World Vision doing mass fundraising and Habitat for Humanity hired to do just that. I was given the liberty to form my own team, which makes the job more easier and fun because I know exactly the right type of people I will be working with.
Pros
I was given a flexi-time schedule
Cons
I sometimes do work related stuff during weekends
Community Outreach at its best merges with Recycling, Reuse & Restore
Distribution & Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MT 59901October 27, 2017
When a service provides hope for family shelter and providing materials to improve existing homes, the helping atmosphere is motivational and contagious. Volunteers make up 90% of those who do the work, so having a paid position was an honor and instills a real sense of purpose even though it's low pay.

Real world issues erupted from time to time when trying to coordinate donations and having to deal with a persons idea what is acceptable materials and or furnishings (e.g. sometimes we seemed to be garbage collectors and worse was dealing how to dispose of it properly all trying not to offend anyone. Also, buyers ranged from realizing they were supporting building programs so prices were seen as fair where others thought because it had been donated they should get the items for absurdly low prices ( e.g. $300+ new bath enclosure donated by a contractor and a customer offer of $5.00 becoming irate and rude to our team)
Pros
Good will self affirming family support volunteer rock!
Cons
small minded customers, pay
Its an ok job, definitely no room to grow in a career type of way. Poorly managed place and dispatch coordinators havw little to no experince .
Driver (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 26, 2017
Habitat For Humanity is a place for people who are satisfied with a dead end job, and have no career goals. It is a stressful environment managers are completely clueless.
Benefits
Cons
Doesnt pay well for what you do.
All work for habitat for humanity was voluntary
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 26, 2017
I did volunteer work for the family’s
I worked on building new homes for low income families
Planned family events such as pinic, work seminars and workshops
Pros
To see the number of families move into their homes
Fun and Simple
Store Assistant/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 26, 2017
It was a great work place filled with endless help and joy, it was a great environment and i was never not happy while i was working there. It was a great experience.
Productive day
COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 25, 2017
Very hard work construction assisting and installing walls paint for the homes installing new kitchens, bathrooms, cabinets, sheetrocking, sanding, painting and electrical and minor plumbing
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
Hands-on and very involved volunteers at Habitat for Humanity
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 25, 2017
Habitat for Humanity is a humanitarian organisation that provides the locals with affordable household items as well as construct houses for various members of the community. I strongly recommend Habitat for Humanity especially to people who like to give back to the community.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Poor advertisement
Volunteer Job
Administrative Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 25, 2017
Volunteer Job very friendly environment where community support was the most important part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was services the community.
Pros
Volunteer enables Home purchasing opportunities
unpaid volunteer
Build houses, volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
this is volunteer work so i cannot fairly say anything about paid employees and/or their benefits. therefore these are weird questions and i do not know why i am being asked to fill all of them out
Relaxed and Casual Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 24, 2017
I loved the atmosphere at Habitat. It was very casual and not stressful. I assisted in a number of different departments and learned many new skills. My coworkers were easy to get along with as well. I was let go from this position because of budget constraints for the new fiscal year. I would not have left this job otherwise.
Excellent Mission
Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2017
It is supposed to be a Christian organization, but often does not display these characteristics because, well...people work there. It can be a wonderful place to work if you are under good supervision.
Pros
Great mission and excellent service to the communities they serve.
Cons
Poor Mgmt for some teams
Great place, no complaints
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2017
Great place to be active in the community and to help people out. Great organization! Would recommend everyone to volunteer here at least a few hours a week.
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Randolph njOctober 22, 2017
Very hands on workplace. Not very challenging ,different areas you could work for the day.The most difficult part of the job was probably working the donation area . Not hard at all...
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
No smoking
The day
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 22, 2017
The time I worked there it was very relaxed. I was just a vollunteer there so I don't know how much money was there but I could say that it was minimum wage/
Amazing place to work. Amazing People. Amazing Mission.
IT and Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 21, 2017
Highly Recommend this organization. Great environment. Skilled team of people. Very transparent about how they spend the donations received. Puts familes first!
plenty of ways to gain multiple different types of work ethic/experience!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNOctober 20, 2017
I was delighted when I was told that I was hired. The workable environment was cheerful and respected well over eighty percent of the months I was here!
Pros
Helping the community through charitable circumstances
Cons
Compensation
community service
General Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 19, 2017
I volunteered for community service for habit for humanity it was a great place to get me going and enter the work environment word with instructors there to give you the skills necessary to perform the task
i don't want to write this
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 18, 2017
typical day at Habitat for humanity was very laid back and was not rushed at all. very few customers in the retail floor. and they would work around your schedule.
Pros
got discounted furniture
Cons
wasn't paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4