Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employer Reviews

i worked there for 3 months
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 13, 2015
i got up at 8 i went there till 4 i had worked five hours i had learned alot of cool things i learned how to hang a fan from the ceiling the hardest was when your tired and you have to pull off one more hour
Well intentioned organization
Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Their mission is admirable, but could do so much more if restructured. Local affiliates vary drastically from location to location. Overall, organization is well respected, but needs to improve.
I loved working there but I need a job that pays.
Volunteering, Habitat For Humanity (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work. You get to meet some very interesting people and see some very interesting things. However, I was only volunteering and I am looking for a paying job in which there is opportunity for advancement. It was always a very bury workplace and I enjoyed the bustle of working in a busy place.
fun, learning expirence
Secretary, Receptionist (Former Employee), Okeechobee, FLJanuary 7, 2015
•Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
•Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
•Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
•Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks.
•Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
•Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
•Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
•Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
•Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
pull permits
contact contractors
schedule drop off of supplies
Schedule volunteers
•Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
•Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services.
•Plan and direct development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder perceptions of an organization's accomplishments and agenda.
•Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups. – more...
•Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stockholders' reports.
•Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public and with employees.
•Confer with production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements and promotions.
•Confer with other managers to identify trends and key group interests and concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
•Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product and service awareness and to promote goodwill.
•Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals. – less
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: i gained hands on experience such as framing, installaing windows & doors, roofing, waterproofing, installing siding, painting, and tiling.
Cons: n/a
I work with Habitat for Humanity in Mobile, AL after I graduated from Auburn University in August of 2014. I was a volunteer. I did this primarily to gain more carpentry experience in the construction field. It was also a great way to give back to my community.
Very Productive, Fun place to work at
Construction Labor (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: helping a family in need
It was nice to go and work on a house to help a family in need, the workers were great and hard working management was exceptionally great. The hardest part of the job is that there was no hard part it was great. The most enjoyable part was showing family their new home for the first time and to see the tears of joy on their faces.
Various Projects Working at Present.
Construction Supervisor & Restore Assistant (Current Employee), 1531 National Ave., Helena, MT 59601December 31, 2014
Pros: opportunity to help others...
Cons: not enough time in the day...
Working with customers
Setting up displays
Working with volunteers
Answering questions on building procedures
Pricing
hmmm
Warehouse Manager/Construction assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 28, 2014
It is not a very good place for anyone with morals. They do not adhere to the safety regulations and have not been ethically following the laws in correlation to running a nonprofit.
Nice And Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 26, 2014
My experience with Habitat for Humanity was indeed a great one . I worked hand in hand with volunteers to stock up donated products and then price them. I really got the chance to talk with the other co-workers while working. The staff also proved to be very resourceful people. Anytime I needed help on the job, they were there to help. This place was worth the time and energy.
fun fun fun
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Big Rapids, MIDecember 26, 2014
Pros: loved working with my friends
Cons: i moved out of the country
Love working with all my friends in my country. Every day newest forms of information I was learning at the job. Lot of communication skills and fun environment to work.
habitat for humanity
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCDecember 20, 2014
I only volunteered for this company but i support anything and everything they are for, or about,.
productive and interesting
Stocker / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 14, 2014
All the co-workers were hard working
I learned how to work as a team here
You never know what were going to get donated so its always fun
Lifting heavy stuff was the hard part
but satisfying the customer and the business made my day.
Disappointment
Volunteer/ Store Lead (Former Employee), Groveland, FLDecember 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people in community
Cons: management
Unethical behavior. Management unwilling to correct unethical behavior.
Productive and helpful place to be apart of
Volunteer/Registry Clerk (Current Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2014
Pros: helping those in need
Cons: management is very bias group.. they do not always give credit when due.
Very laid back facility
learned how to compile records and organize those particular records.
learned how to register future volunteer information onto the habitat for humanity website.
management has very positive attitudes and willingness to get the job done
co-workers had very positive attitudes and willingness to get the job done
there was not a hard day working. I adapted well to the information given to me to get the job done/
most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I was helping families in need of a home and helping people be apart of the giving process to those in need of a home.
great workers and comfortable place
Stocker (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 4, 2014
This was such a great experience to volunteer and work with your community.
Good environment working in the store
Volunteer (Current Employee), Champaign, ILNovember 28, 2014
Pros: self management
Cons: no training, no coaching to new hired
A lot of contact with the community
Good people with smile
Good environment with self management
Community focus
Enjoyed working there very much
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 26, 2014
Very good work place with very friendly peapole.Got hands on exsperiance learning how to roof with tile.
Good Group of People Helping a Common Cause
Volunteer (Current Employee), Weymouth, MANovember 25, 2014
Great experience working with this group. Emails are sent out requesting volunteers and if you are available you can sign up to volunteer on that day. Lunch is sometimes provided depending on the day. Fun experience and atmosphere.
A career that allows flexibility, creativiity and recruitment.
Director (Current Employee), Louisa, VaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: i'm my own boss
Cons: no board support, no benefits and no financial compensation.
A typical day at Habitat involves meeting potential families and enrolling then in the First Time Home Buyer's Workshops. Explaining Habitat for Humanity is a non profit agency that helps low income families purchase their first home.

Time management is very important to; because, I also recruit volunteers and costumers for Meals On Wheels. Habitat For Humanity Board has allocated for the position of director 40 hours a month.

I am a solo team player that report monthly to the Board for Habitat.

The hardest part of my employment is NOT enough hours in the day.

The most enjoyable part of my position is meeting new prospective volunteers, costumers, potential partner families and people in the community.
volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee), worc massNovember 23, 2014
this was volunteer work it was great not sure why i have to write a review on it, i would love to do it again.ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc c c c cc c c c c c c c

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos