Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

fun laid back work environmnet
office assiatant (Current Employee), spopkane, waJune 22, 2015
Great group of people to work for. Very accommodating to my schedule, able to learn more about office assisting though hands on experience. Friendly co-workers, casual business to work for.
Love to work with the volunteer's there.
Construction Laborer (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: None
We get volunteers from all of the country. And it is just fun to hear about how they joined americorps and how it is helping them in road of life. We learn a lot of new things like having to use nail guns which use gun powder to help drive in the nail's which is very interesting. We also have experience people who work in construction there at the site. So, if you have any question's or help with anything you people there who can help you.
It is just a great time volunteering and helping rebuild communities and seeing the finished home and say I helped build that.
A good challenge
ASSISTANT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Build someone a home
Cons: In intense heat
I helped with nailing the boards to the house
I learned how to be adaptable at short notice
My job was constantly changing so I just did whatever the workers needed me to do
Co-workers were very gruff and scruffy from being outside but over all pleasant company
Hardest part of the job was to find all the fallen nails
Best part of the job was working with others
Compliance
Compliance & Training Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 21, 2015
Pros: opportunity to utilize my education and experience, autonomy
Cons: lack of opportunity to advance
I enjoy the ability to utilize my education and experience as a compliance and training officer with this company. My position requires the management of people and time. A typical day involves assisting our affiliates with compliance issues and conducting audits. My co-workers and I work well as a team to accomplish our mission. The hardest part of the job is meeting some, but not most, deadlines. The most enjoyable part is helping our homeowners and home applicants.
A great way to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), New Haven, ConnecticutJune 18, 2015
If you are a person who likes to volunteer, Habitat is the way to go or at least in New Haven. There is so much you can learn and you're helping your community by participating and there are many awesome people to meet.
free food
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 18, 2015
we were to build homes in less than a month, and also we worked as a team together to build these homes. there wasn't a hard part about the job, except lifting, heavy lifting, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the family whom the home had been built for seeing that new home for the first time .
Fast paced and rewarding environment
volunteer (Former Employee), Prineville, ORJune 15, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: I wish I had more time to volunteer there.
I enjoyed volunteering for this organization. I learned many skills; such as, repairing furniture, stripping paint, and customer service.The management was great, and staff were supportive.
easy-going, fun environment to work in
Volunteer (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: no pay since I was only a volunteer
The typical work day for me was to organize shelves, move furniture around to make the showroom appealing, and to unload trucks or cars that had donations. I learned a lot about working together as a team and quick problem solving skills. The management was really nice and friendly. I did not think there was anything hard about the job at all, everything was doable. The most enjoyable part about the job was working with my coworkers.
Volunteered during school
Volunteer (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJune 10, 2015
A Great experience for students of related fields. And working for a great cause while learning! Lunch provided as well
Great productive team work and leadership.
Construction coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: staff lunch, great vacations, cell phone reimbursement, leadership skills
Work day's were Great for me, It was always a new day for something to be accomplished. I learned a small amount of time management, Leadership skills and training. Worked with volunteers on a day basis. Enjoyed the atmosphere of volunteers taking pleasure of a great cause. Management is superb, always staying on top of their job duties, that provided the team a working setup. Management was close to it's, Employees! After days work, I would go home and think about how to have better relationships with co-workers. Providing co-workers with energetic ideas had me going. Working with excellent co-workers had the hardest part of the job accomplished before hand. Hands Down! I loved the leadership skills I was taught, It was so eagering to learn skills and show others them.
Fun
Driver/Driver Helper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks
Cons: Long days
This was a great experience for giving back to the community and opening my eyes to the real hardships of others. One day i will return to this organization.
fun experience, you do a little of everything here. painting, cleaning organizing and building.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresno CaJune 2, 2015
keep up the good work, this habitat is helping a lot of people in need. The staff are people that are willing to give their time to help others in one way or another.
Exciting, great environment, fun co-workers
property manager (Former Employee), Worcester MassachusettsJune 1, 2015
I believe that this particular employment opportunity was beneficial, because I got to see the workings of green energy initiatives from both the bureaucratic and finical side, as well as seeing them installed, and having ideas come to fruition. The employees there were great, but as I only worked there for a summer it was difficult to gauge the entire workplace. The hardest part was that much of the work is left up to the individual, meaning there is not a boss looking over one's shoulder constantly. They assign tasks and expect them to get done, as opposed to constantly monitoring one's progress. This can be both a blessing and a curse depending on the approach one takes to work in general. I would prefer to be left to work alone, however it is east to get side-tracked sometimes as well.
A legitimate cause helping people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJune 1, 2015
I enjoy giving back to the community, and this was an outlet to do that. Building homes from the ground up for those who need it is such a wonderful feeling! I'm glad to be a part of this organization.
Amazing staff, as well as a high speed working environment.
Construction Crew Leader (Current Employee), High PointMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great mission
Cons: Not enough pay
On an average day as the Construction Crew Leader at Habitat i am responsible for leading, teaching, and keeping safe a group of volunteers through a residential build. We generally work from 7:30- 4 and have an amazing staff with great spirit and hard work ethic. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the volunteers moving when we are trying to work on some of the more tedious parts of the build that they have no experience in. The most rewarding part of the job is when we dedicate the house to the family that will be living in it and we see what all out hard work is actually doing and how it impacts the families lives
Special Events Volunteer
Volunteer, Special Events (Current Employee), Prescott, AZMay 27, 2015
While volunteering, I get to participate with an organization that I truly believe it... helping others. I assist in special events and every year at the Toolbelts and Tuxedos.
summary
Store Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAMay 27, 2015
A typical day is taking donation, helping customers, pricing items. The management is not so bad one manger is better than the other;Co-workers are nice to interact with. The hardest part of the day is when trying to carry heavy furniture up and down as well very rude customers.
great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMay 27, 2015
learnt a lot about how to build a house

learnt how to work with people

enjoyed making people's lives easier

volunteer job
Fun time building a house
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pontotoc, MSMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Good times around co-workers
Cons: Short breaks
Got to build a house for a family who need it. Fun time with co-workers and a great experience to have with Habitat For Humanity.
I always looked forward to work.
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: had to travel far
I stayed busy putting up donations. I learned pricing. The managers were always available for help. There was a good team of co-workers. Sorting plumbing items was hard. Lunch hour was enjoyable.