Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

It's hard work but It's also good work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 19, 2016
A typical day is like going there and helping customers out when they need the help. We also help the customers load and unload the things that they buy from us.
I enjoyed working here . Positive people
Stocking and Pricing (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with new faces. The manager and assistant mana was very generous . Everyone laughed and joked around most of all we got the job done .
Pros
You could put something to the side if wanted it instead of putting it on display
Cons
Summer time it was pretty hot in the back
Multi-faceted job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GADecember 13, 2016
A day at Habitat for Humanity is never the same. There is always something new to do. I attended meetings as well as piloted many projects within the community. I took on various tasks, and I used a system called Keystone to key in data for "in-kind" donations and to maintain a network database of donations and volunteers.
Pros
free lunches, something new all the time
Cons
limited pay due to being a non-profit organization
Bait and Switch job postings
Warehouse Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2016
They hired me to be their stock and receiving guy, but on my first day they made me a furniture mover (picking up large item donations on their truck). They still got after me for not keeping up with the job I hired applied for, even though I never got to do it. Then one day I show up for work and they already had termination papers wrote up. No warning or chance to improve, just one day fired.
Pros
Not minimum wage
Cons
Management does not value employees
Lovely helping the community
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 4, 2016
Really enjoyed my time at habitat for humanity as it has been a lot of time put in to organize the store and when some one asks you "this is what I need" and you know where to find it feels great. Could of had better gloves. Ha. Liked the crew and the management. If paid more I'd go back=).
Pros
Breaks (California)
Cons
Barked at for beeing underdog. Tough to deal with. I look for positive critiques.
Volunteer
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 1, 2016
I volunteered for a few years, cleaned up parks, painted tables, answered phones,cleaned bathrooms, filed paperwork. Also helped tear down homes and rebuild from the ground up. Loved the freedom the people were friendly , always had a good time, learned lots, gained people skills.
Pros
Provides water and snacks
Great team work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 30, 2016
We all enjoyed helping people with their gift wrapping and making it easier on the customers. A typical day would be spent greeting people and wrapping their gifts so that the loved ones they were bought for didn't see what was bought for them.
Great organization
Donations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 29, 2016
Great organization doing great things for communities around the world. The company is great to work for - they provide great benefits and going to work is fun, I can even bring my dog on occasion.
The only downside is that the pay is not the best and due to executive positions being paid by grant job security and advancement is limited.
Good energy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 28, 2016
Love the environment. The volunteer work is always good to help out others. I would do it again. It's all for a good cause. People are nice and friendly.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Productive and active workplace also fun
Retail Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 26, 2016
They have dozens of military volunteers that come in and help out twice a week. They were really a big help. They accept donations from all over and refurbish the items and sell them to customers. The money that is raised off of the donations goes into a fund to build a nice home for a low income family.
Pros
free lunch, free snacks, free water, 70% off discount and hold tags for items.
Cons
part time could not exceed 30hours
Fun place to work at
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Branch, MI 48661November 20, 2016
Very friendly, very productive. Very rewarding to give back to the community. Met various groups of people, it was interesting to become a tiny part of each and everyone's lives by giving what I can.
Great mission and culture
Corporate Partnership Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2016
The organization is making a huge impact on affordable housing and shelter around the world. Its employees are dedicated to its mission and principles. However, the familial culture is not necessary conducive to professional development.
Pros
Laid back culture, compensation is competitive for NGO headquarters
Cons
limited career growth
Great work environment
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2016
Great company to be employed by or even to go and volunteer at. This organization helps make peoples life's and futures better.
Pros
Free lunches on build days!
Cons
Work long hours during peak build season
Not What it Appears
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
A very siloed organization. A severe lack of communication from the top down. There is a lack of trust and respect from the highest level. This non-profit does not live by it's mission.
fun day in humanity
Construction Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 8, 2016
In humanity I learned to build houses and to help out the community for the the people who needed housing and to provide them with homes
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Avarage work place with nice people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORNovember 7, 2016
I kind of enjoyed working at Habitat For Humanity. The working atmosphere was calm and collective. It was an ok work place.
Hard workers who enjoy completing their assigned tasks
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 7, 2016
A great place to work with employees who are very hard working and are only satisfied with perfection. They value great customer satisfaction over everything else along with making sure the job is done correctly.
Good program for low income families
Front Desk Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 3, 2016
I enjoy meeting people who come into Habitat to purchase merchandise. The work environment is family oriented we all help out at the restore. I have learned to work on square and being a cashier. Worked with volunteers. The hardest part of the job is the distance I have moved since working at Habitat,
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
need knowledge on pricing mechandise
Working with other who value continuing to serve
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 3, 2016
Many of the folks that I volunteer with are retired and appreciate the volunteers hours it takes to sustain a community due to lack of funding and resources. I have worked in the Restore and on site and both areas are well-needed and helpful for the overall goal of the area; enriching lives.
Great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAOctober 31, 2016
Very friendly and great place to volunteer. Volunteers can support ReStore staff by assisting customers, stocking shelves, and creating displays. We also need volunteers to help accept donations and go with our drivers on donation pick-ups.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4