Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Productive fun learning environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Urbana, OHMarch 7, 2015
I loved going to work and looking forward to all the new customers and clients that would shop and donate at the ReStore. The Restore was a great opportunity for me as well as a fun learning experience.
Gloucester/Mathews Habitat for Humanity
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: enjoyable people, happy and pleasant
Cons: quick books in five days was hard and not able to learn it in that short period of time.
Wonderful work environment, Excellent management personnel, great personal attention to each employee, customer, and client.
Clean work environment, excellent books of inventory and sales.
The hardest part of the job was trying to learn the entire quick books program in only five days. I really enjoyed going to work each and every day, the people were pleasant and a wonderful work environment makes it pleasurable.
Work with Passion!
Staff, Cheon-an, South Korea (Former Employee), Cheon-an South KoreaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: working with variety of people
Cons: lots of phone calls
I was working with Home partners and crew leaders when I was interning at Habitat for Humanity. I learned how to facilitate between people to people and lead them in a good way. I really enjoyed working with variety of people.
They do a great Job
Receptionist (Internship) (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMarch 5, 2015
I only volunteered, but every one was extremely nice. They took time from their own schedule to show me what I had to do. Very nice people.
Professional with management responsibilities.
Executive Director (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: provided a needed service to the community.
Cons: salary lower than for profit business.
A non-profit that provided housing for low income families. Fun and challenging. Moved from volunteer-part time accountant-to Business Manager, and then to Executive Director.
Tremendous Organization with great people
Campus Fundraising Chair (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2015
A truly great organization to work for; along with coworkers who were a pleasure to work with. Position forced me to stay on top of my responsibilities as well as organize for more funds for the chapter.
Productive- work place, always busy and fast paced
General laborer (Current Employee), Kelso, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: take your own breaks when you want.
Cons: 6 month job only. and part time only. no benefits.
Organize sections throughout store. Working here has helped my organization skills so much that I am the lead organizing coordinator. All co-workers are friendly and eager to learn and help. You have to learn to deal with the customers that no matter the willingness you go for them, sometimes there just not going to be satisfied. I feel enrichment and self gratification having been given the organization coordinator.
Great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), greensboro,ncFebruary 25, 2015
Habitat for Humanity International, generally referred to as Habitat for Humanity or simply Habitat, is an international, non-governmental, and non-profit organization, which was founded in 1976.
GREAT RESALE STORE
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no a/c in warehouse section
EASY-GOING, MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT, COWORKERS WERE FRIENDLY, WORKING IN HEAT, GETTING TO KNOW AND DEAL WITH A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hudson, NYFebruary 21, 2015
I did it while I was in High School, so we didn't go that often, but when we did go, we were talked to about how to do something. but after we were talked too. It was productive and professorial.
Review Summary
Team Lead (Former Employee), AJAX,ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good support system.
Cons: lack of time.
Started as volunteer later offered employment opportunity.

Meeting people everyday was learning experience.

Amazing to work with volunteers teaching Habitat policies & procedures helping with daily duties.

Positive attitude.
Excellent
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee), Ionia, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: stayed busy
Cons: low pay (but that's ok)
I enjoyed the work and the experience. It was very fulfilling knowing that my efforts were contributing to the help of others in need.
Busy but good work for a good purpose.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Good group purpose driven for a good cause. A large portion of the profits from the Restore goes to building homes for those that may not be able to do for themselves.
workplace was fun and interesting.
Laborer (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAFebruary 16, 2015
working for habitat for humanity can be exhausting but looking back on it, it was pretty fun for the time that i volunteered there.
Fun
CARPENTER (Former Employee), Wilmington,DEFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: education on building homes
Typical work day:Exciting
Learned: Flooring,Drywall,Installation,Framing
Management:Excellent
Co-workers:Excellent
Hardest Part:Weather
Enjoyable Part:people emotions when houses was finish
Great Learning Experience
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Berthoud, COFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: limited benefits
I enjoy the opportunity to contribute and give back to the community with a great organization. I stay busy coordinating logistics for large durable household goods to help resale through a local store front. This is a positive work environment that offers great learning experiences.
Amazing Experience
Construction Trainee (Former Employee), Harvey, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: being able to be apart of something to positive! helping someone in need.
I was in a program where they had us rehabilitate a low- income resident! A typical day was doing electrical wiring, installing circuit breakers, circuit boxes, and light switches! We also completed siding projects such as roofing and garages. the most hardest part of the job was getting the exact measurements to everything! The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finishing project and seeing the look on the family faces when the house was finally finished!
Encouraging and stable workplace with positive people
Sales and Maintenance Associate (Former Employee), Hoquiam, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great environment/people
Cons: cold warehouse
Habitat For Humanity allowed me learn/build a couple skills. Such as no error painting and organization. They're very helpful with those that are struggling and the less fortunate. They're also fun to work with and they give good direction with ease. Great branch and great experience! The cold warehouse is my only con.
i loved working one on one with my mom and her projects
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: i love my mom to pieces
Cons: not one
i loved working with my mom shes my definition of superwoman supermom shes everything a kid like me could ask for she saved me she made me she believed in me when i didnt believe in myself.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: luch break
I worked as a volunteer on a typical work day I will help the employees with tasks that need to be done, I learned to paint for the first time it was fun painting used furniture..management were nice and outgoing people made sure I was doing my job right to their standards..the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy furniture but the other employees helped.. I enjoyed working with others and having a chance to help a popular company that job was real fun.

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Salaries

Driver
$10.50 per hour

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself