Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,001 reviews matching the search
build homes
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
building home for people that don't have make me feel so good even if it was just volunteer work it makes you a better person and a harder worker as well
Good environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 6, 2017
I cant give a great summary because I didn't actually work there it was just volunteer stuff. I can say that I enjoyed my time at habitat for humanity and would have loved a more permanent position there.
Fun
Student Volunteering Department (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 6, 2017
Habitat for humanity was fun Ive had a blast working with these people and bettering individuals lives. Building houses and meeting a lot of fun and interesting people.
Great volunteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2017
Management was all over the place, but employees were very helpful. Volunteer with them while I was in college, when I left OU I took up volunteer work in order to not be idle.
Inexperienced management
Community Outreach Director (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJune 5, 2017
Data base system needed as well as the ability to build strong lasting relationships. No structure or format has been established for a quite a few years which puts the local affiliate way behind times.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
inexperience
This was an amazing experience overall. I felt like I really got to chance to make a difference in the community.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 5, 2017
Habitat for humanity is a great place to devote your time and energy. They are really nice people with great intentions and they're very considerate and respectful.
Pros
You get free meals.
Cons
Breaks are really short.
Management, was great.
Laborer/shipping/receiving (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJune 4, 2017
Work hard, keep moving and help others. There's always things to be done. As long as you fill your days it goes by fast. From stocking receiving to shipping. Work where you feel needed and take time to enjoy every part of it.
Pros
There's always work to be done.
Cons
Working with new people all the time.
hard working environment
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 4, 2017
at habitat i was mainly their just for community services hrs i was not getting paid. i would report there every day after to school to obtain some hrs i needed to graduate out of high school
Charity work
Significant Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Spring, TexasJune 2, 2017
Typical day was to show up at the address, and start fixing the homes problems.

Learned how to use power tools.

Management helped you have fun while working very hard in the heat and rain.

Workplace culture, extremely friendly and willing to do anything to help.

Hardest part of the job was the strength and labor it took to swing hammers all day.

The most enjoyable part was seeing what we had built at the end of the day.
Pros
Charity
Privileged to work with H4H
PROJECT ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Salinas, PRJune 2, 2017
The passion that brings people to work at Habitat For Humanity really gives you the feeling that your part of an effort much greater than a 9 to 5 job.
Pros
Rewarding Spiritually
Cons
This is voluntary work so, time and millage will not be compensated

Want to know more about Habitat For Humanity?

Ask a question
Only cares about appearances
Donation Acquisition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJune 2, 2017
Only cares about appearances. They do not care at all about the ReStore employees. They find ways ways to cut the ReStore employees raises, but not the administration.
Great place!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 1, 2017
My typical day included talking to customers and making sure they got what they wanted when they came to check out or called in to see if we had something. I learned that everyone has a part in making a better community and helping those that are in need. The management was great while I worked there! The workplace culture was great as well with everyone getting along and helping each other out. The hardest part of the job was making sure all the customers were happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and learning a little bit about each one of them. Overall, it was a great place to work for.
Excellent new experience
Painter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 1, 2017
Management excellent, very well structured, the environment was very safe. The company had a lot of resources and ideas from within the company to do. I painted houses, wall's, offices, and even the concrete. Really excellent place to work and the motivation was always there. They provided me a place and to experience in volunteer work which was very excellent for my resume and fun. It was only for summer students who didn't have a place to go from college break.
Pros
housing was given, laundry and all was taken care for, the amount you earn was good to pay for food.
Cons
one side of street seem safe, the other side seem rough, pay rate low
Great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2017
Seeing others receive a home is a humbling experience. Being able to use my hands to create something for someone else is great for building a foundation for young people.
Get to help the community and people that needs help.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCMay 31, 2017
Great organization to help needy families to be able to afford a new home. Donate to your local Habitat for Hummunity. The donations go a long way to help buy needed items to build the homes. A little goes a long way. So donate your unwanted items.
Pros
Helping the Community
Cons
Dealing with bad customers.
Fun work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMay 31, 2017
Good work there was a lot of people helping out at habitat for humanity. I was very willing to help and do my part to help out and get the job done. I had a really good time volunteering there.
Pros
All around good
Cons
Very friendly place to work, you learn how to use new things.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMay 30, 2017
This is a good place to get a some experience in using tools. It's a very friendly environment, there's a lot of smiling faces and laughter that goes around.
Pros
You get hands on learning
dfgsdfghsdf
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 30, 2017
theres is not much to say. when you volunteer you volunteer to help wtih anything anyone may need. sometimes you clean sometimes you build houses. it happens
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 30, 2017
Minimal opportunity for advancement/cross training within the organization. Fair work practices. Wages are decent. Enjoyed working with coworkers and public.
As a volunteer, I enjoyed working with this organization.
Habitat for Humanity President (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAMay 28, 2017
If you don't mind getting your hands dirty and want to help underprivileged people, I would suggesting checking this organization out. They have a great mission, friendly coworkers, and a diversity of tasks to fit various skill levels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4