Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Very Productive and Helping Others
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 31, 2016
Daily work is normally always busy. People coming in to make purchases on furniture and other materials, they need constant assistance. Coworkers as well as volunteers are very reliable and do their best to help others out. While there, it helped me improve my social skills when talking to people in a calm manner while helping them.
Pros
The joy of helping others
Cons
Need to always be careful in the back
Productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with the other volunteers and helping build houses. We did a lot of fundraising events at my college. I would definitely volunteer for this organization again when I have more time to do so.
Pros
They brought the equipment
Cons
Short breaks
Difficult
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 25, 2016
Habitat for Humanity itself is a great program however the management that is currently there is toxic to any one looking to get a foot in the non profit sector. There is no communication and micromanaging is a serious issue.
Exciting and engaging
Construction Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2016
Able to learn many skills while having fun at the same time. Friendly coworkers and managers alike. Everyone feels like family.
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2016
Very great place customers always lefted satisfied!! Employees always greeted customers and made sure they helped them find everything they were looking for...
Great place for learning!
Corporate & Foundations Relations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2016
Opportunities to learn are in abundance. Great employees and no micromanaging! Great downtown location makes it easy to commute in a variety of ways. The CEO is very involved and the senior leadership team is not far removed.
Fun environment and fast paced work
Construction Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 20, 2016
On an average day I would delegate work to groups of volunteers varing in size from 2 people to 40 people with little to no construction experience. I gain interpersonal skills, construction experience, and expanded my knowledge on budgeting.
Great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 17, 2016
I volunteered for a summer. Everything was run well. People there were willing to help. I had a lot of fun helping and working with other volunteers over the summer.
Pros
Fun, good management, nice people
Helping Familes
Builder (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 17, 2016
Helped families build their home worked on various home projects including, painting, carpentry and basic electrical work. Installed cabinets and laid the foundation prior to the build.
Joy of helping others
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 16, 2016
The joy of helping those in need amongst other volunteers who had the same joy was a great feeling. It was a very organized and professional environment.
Growing group!
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2016
The organization has grown and changed over the past several years, but is always working to support the families who benefit from the mission of the organization.
A place where I got to do great things.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 14, 2016
Habitat for Humanity really helped me find my humanitarian side. It helped me understand that there is more than just business and has really shaped my philanthropy. I enjoy the opportunity to help other and I'm very thankful for Habitat for Humanity to give me a platform so that I may do that.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 8, 2016
I come into work make coffee. I start off with cleaning the furniture and the straitening it up so it looks professional. I help customers find item they are looking for or help them at the cashier counter. I then race to the back if there is a delivery at the door. I help to unload then clean the donation.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no benefits
very help to people in the community
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 30, 2016
Great company to work at helps people in the community and always gives back. The staff is very good with making everyone feel welcome it really feel more like a family and not like a work place a very lovely place to work at I hope to join them again one day
Habitat for Humanity Restore
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLSeptember 28, 2016
North Port's first manager was very controlling, the manager and HR of Venice were not pleased to see the North Port store running the way they had wanted it to. The bosses sent their assistant manager to collaborate with another coworker and I on remodeling the entire store. After a 3 month period of accepting and refusing good verses bad conditioned donations we finished fixing everything. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. Sofas, sleeper sofas, love seats, recliners, ottomans, side and coffee tables, entertainment centers, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, dryers, washers, and miscellaneous donations were all part of the heavy lifting. Our newest manager was a very well prepped, sweet woman. I have learned how to wire appliances, tie down fragile furniture, and even use many tools.
Pros
Nice people, shared pizzas, wonderful learning environment.
Cons
Healthcare.
It was ok
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaylord miSeptember 16, 2016
I worked in a little cube like office. I answered phones. I also did the filing. Tried to answer questions given to me or found someone who answer them
Pros
Worked like 3-4 hour a day
Cons
Not a long term job
Poorly organized
ReSTORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 15, 2016
Work environment among staff is proactive, however management leaves a lot to be desired. There is little room for job advancement, and pay does not correlate to what is expected of staff to do.
Great purpose
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 14, 2016
They do great things there but can have better processes for things. They work hard there and try to make sure that they are pricing things reasonable to help others in need.
Pros
Good place to work if you enjoy helping people.
Cons
Can be more organized.
Good workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTSeptember 8, 2016
First thing I have to mention is that neither the manager (Brian LaTour) nor the assistant manager (Rachel Lambert) still works there, so the management comments are a little outdated.

Despite working hard there, I never got dehydrated because I got a lot of breaks and the refrigerator was full of bottled water.

The management was great there. They made sure I was hydrated and didn't work me too hard.

After a time, the manager got a good handle on my abilities and would cue up several different jobs which I would remember all of then execute.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, Good management, No application (builds work experience without having to apply)
Cons
Volunteer (no pay)
Marketing Manager, Habitat ReStore (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Management is great to work with. The most important of the job is me being able to give back to my community. The people I work with are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4