Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to gain knowledge and experience.
Multi-task Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelton, WAMarch 9, 2016
With my time working there I met so many great minds, all with their own story of how they ended up contributing to the community as their small step in saving the world, our habitat. A great place I plan to stay in touch with for most likely the rest of my life.
Pros
Free lunch, on-the-job training, networking, welcoming work place.
Cons
Volunteer work doesn't pay bills...
A very rewarding workplace.
Youth Construction Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 3, 2016
Was a wonderfull place to work. the youth construct tainer position was very rewarding and it was a joy the see the youth progress througout the program.
Pros
spiritualy rewarding.
Cons
NA
Having fun working with other people.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 2, 2016
My typical day at work is talking to my co-workers, and knowing what to pick up at a customer house. My co-workers are fun to be around and we always get the job done. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our customers feel satisfied.
Pros
Meeting new customers
Cons
Short breaks
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 29, 2016
the sales team is friendly and helpful, customers are usually a pleasure to help and very informative, the facility is amazing, and its a great place to have a lot of fun while also learning a lot of new skills at the same time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no pay "volunteer"
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 29, 2016
a typical day i would come in 9AM and Leave at 6PM We Helped stock shelves, Mopped and swept floors, moved forniture in and out of the store and unload the Habitat for humanity trucks.
Great place to volunteer
Active volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
This organization is very active. They do alot of work in many cities and their volunteer events are always fun. It gives you a great sense of pride, by you knowing you are helping someone build a home for their family.
A Fun Way to Make A Difference in Your Community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity has made me into the well-rounded woman that I am today. With both the hard work in fundraising and house builds, I loved every minute because I knew I was making a difference in my community.
Always Something new
Head Driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 19, 2016
Fast pace, better be in shape. Everyday is a new thing. A really good job for those who like to be on their feet, lifting and moving and sorting. Feel good about keeping useful building materials out of the land-fills while at the same time helping out the community you live in.
An incredible mission serving Austin
Interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Austin's progressive not for profit organization which is at the very core of affordable housing for those who would not otherwise be in a position to own a home.
Pros
An incredible mission to serve the community
Cons
We cant do enough
A fast paced environment
clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 16, 2016
A typical work day consisted of running the register, customer service, loading and unloading donations and cleaning donated items to be placed on the floor for sale.
Pros
Friendly management and volunteers
Cons
Sometimes you end up running the store alone
IF you love what you do you realy dont work a day
Construction Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2016
Laborer/ Carpentry/ Carpenter/ Training, working along side Habitat For Humanity, carpentry, working on houses/ doing construction work on houses/ working on homes foundations/ Laying concrete for homes/ using hammer and nail to sandwich two by four and wooden poles together, building homes for the homeless
Pros
Helping good peopl find homes
Cons
not enough time in a day i loved my job
The money goes towards a great place
Receiving coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Pine, ORFebruary 10, 2016
This was a volunteer position and all the people there are great to work with and highly recommend doing business there as well as shopping there.
Engaging & Hands-On Construction Site, working with volunteers
Construction & Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2016
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to the mission of rebuilding New Orleans, and I am honored to have worked alongside such great men and women.

I led teams of volunteers thru all building cycles of a single-floor dwelling. Participated and led a team for a "blitz build" for "Build A Thon", where all NOAHH staff worked 11 days on to build 10 houses in 10 days, with the direct help of over 500 HFH staffers (2 teams, worked for 5 days each).
Pros
Community, learn comprehensive construction process, transferable skills
Cons
Low pay (Americorps based program)
productive day in the office
Leasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2016
i had been a leasing clerk for about 4yrs i enjoyed working with elderly people and the young adults even though they can give you a hard time sometimes but over all it was a pleasant company to be with
A great place to do rewarding work
Donation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Richmond, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Knowing that I am able to help the public is its own reward. Everyday we have wonderful people come into the store and able to get Home Improvement Item that are in good condition at a discounted rate.
Pros
helping others
Great non-profit work
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I think the Habitat for Humanity organization is wonderful, I totally support them. I am still a volunteer for them. I just needed a job that pays more money and has benafits.
Great Experiance
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time and experience with this company, although I had to make the choice to move on and leave company because the hours were not conducive to time I needed to balance my family life style.
Pros
Great cause
Cons
Hours
Volunteer Position
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 28, 2016
This was a volunteer experience while attending school at East Carolina University, in Greenville, NC, as the recipient of East Carolina Maynard Scholarship.
Best place I've ever worked
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAJanuary 27, 2016
This was the best place I have ever worked. They do a lot of good in the community for people. I got to go on a retreat with them, it was wonderful. I got laid off but I took so much with me including friendships. I did a lot of filing, uploading documents, scanning & making copies. Basic office skills were performed.
Pros
Got to do fun things as a group and work together
Fun Workspace
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 27, 2016
It was really fun to work here.My co-workers were awesome.The management was amazing and really nice. I learned about leadership skills and how to react with others and customers. The hardest part was trying to figure out what to do when there was nobody coming in the store. The most enjoyable thing I liked was when I went on break I got ice cream and cookies.

4.4