Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Found 1,001 reviews matching the search
Productive and hard working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 27, 2017
A typical day at work was very smooth because I would arrive at 8:30am and it is usually slow in the morning so at that time I would just organize appliances and do a little cleaning. Then in the noon customers would bring in donations so me and the team members would help unloading and loading their belongings that they are getting rid of. We would do a little polishing and fixing then we would resell them for a lower price. Talking to the customers was always great because you meet a lot of different types and I really enjoy that. I learned to communicate more and work with others.
Its great part
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
Its a good place to work. They were pretty flexible. Management was ok but there were times where it felt like they look down on you, not appreciated.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Cant advance
productive and enjoyable community service
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 26, 2017
Through volunteering for habitat for humanity I have learned a great deal about leadership and team work. The most enjoyable part of volunteering with habitat for humanity has been the connections I have made with so many of the volunteers and those that it helped support.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
injured while volunteering
Excellent
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 26, 2017
Habitat for Humanity is a wonderful place to help out the community by helping build homes for those who need it. This volunteer experience helped me with realizing the amount of need in the community
Great work experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 26, 2017
Hired quickly and adapted well to my co-workers. Fast advancement and learned something new everyday. Employment came with benefits and some education re compensation.
Great Mission
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 25, 2017
Was amazing experience to work with people in my community with the common goal of helping the less fortunate out. Very well organized project that allowed us to really enjoy the experience.
Pros
Allows people to give back to the community
Cons
Good place for people who are transitioning in the workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, INMay 25, 2017
Great mission and purpose. Management is very lax and inconsistent. No benefits at all. Worked over a year, our new store was extremely successful yet none of us received any kind of a raise. New manager took over and the atmosphere of the store took a dramatic turn downwards. I was very happy to find another position.
good
Member of Haitian Student Organization (HSO) (Current Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLMay 25, 2017
It is great place to work at, it does feel good serving others. it brings joys into someone hear, knowing that you're making a difference. I plan on continuing, because I really believe the only way to receive is by giving.
Fun, but low paying
Habitat for Humanity administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 24, 2017
I loved working for such a great cause and I just wish I could have been paid better so I could have stayed longer. It felt like a lot of us really had great intentions.
Habitat was a good place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Intrim Manager (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLMay 24, 2017
I worked for this company for almost 5 years and i never got any respect from customers nor the higher ups. When management was not there i was good enough to run the store as a manager, but i was never good enough to become the manager. Before leaving the company I was in training to become the manager. Then a new person became the director of the store and decided i was'nt good enough.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
No respect for employees
Work Environment
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 24, 2017
I really enjoyed the atmosphere that the entire crew provided. They were very welcoming and always wanted to get me involved with the activities. I plan on returning and volunteering more of my time.
good learning experience
Laborer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 23, 2017
had fun working with the contractors. They showed me how to work the ins and outs of building of a house. The culture was what I expected as in the type of work hard but fun.
Pros
get to learn and use the info. to my daily life
Cons
not being able to get my hands on everything.
Stressful fast paced work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHMay 22, 2017
See resume for details of daily operations. Things change daily and you must be fluid and flexible to be able to deal with a retail based environment.
Busy, fun place to work, and manage
Sales floor manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMay 21, 2017
I would open and close the store, daily reports and deposits, i would run the whole store, cash register and credit card machine, and look after all the costumers.
Productive and Fun
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. My supervisors and other employees of the staff were all welcoming and kind, and also very instructive allowing me to become attuned to the job quickly.
Pleasant work place, great people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 20, 2017
I enjoyed meeting new people, the work environment, and all the new skills I learned was definitely a plus. If I had a chance to work there again I would.
Enjoyable
Volunteer Organization (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time at habitat for humanity,but It was very slow work.I can remember on quite a few occasions that many workers had little if anything to do.
Pros
fun, laid back
Cons
little to no work at times.
soooo much fun and great memories
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 19, 2017
Honestly, it was such a fun experience. Everyone is so nice and sweet, you meet new people, while helping out people. If you love being outside and you like helping people in your community or out of your community, then you will love volunteering with them.
Productive and fun workplace
Processor - STOCKER - ORGANIZER (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 19, 2017
Finding out what needs to be done. Today for
Example pricing abunch of decortive yard poles in
Lawn & garden. Using a pricing gun I started at 10:20.
My shieft was suppose to be done by 12:oo, but I
Stayed until I was finished pricing the yard poles &
That was at 2:50.
I learned how to use a pricing gun the right way.
The management and co workers are swell
People to be around and work with.
Habitat for humanity is a donation or new items
That come in. The money goes for building homes
For families in need.
The most enjoyable part is being around the
Customers that come into the restore
Pros
Wants in a while their are freebees in the breakroom
Cons
Not any perks for volunteers
Amazing experience
AmeriCorps Member (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 19, 2017
My job was with the volunteer program called AmeriCorps, its a fun and a good way to learn hands-on skills. Typical day is 8 hours Tuesday to Saturday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4