Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

Hard working and flexible schedule
Donations Ambassador, Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 24, 2015
As an employee at habitat I was usually one of the first people to show up for work. A typical day consisted of preparing and organizing the warehouse before the store opened, followed by getting the truck ready, cleaned and set-up. A majority of the day was dedicated to driving around to scheduled pick-up appointments. Management were great-full of my efforts and great work ethic and dependability. The hardest part of the job, was repetitively lifting heavy items. Most enjoyable part, was the flexibility in scheduling.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Sometimes not getting a lunch break.
Giving back to the community
Pre Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed the time I spent with Habitat for Humanity; being able to be apart of a positive aspect of the community was a great feeling.
Difficult Work Load
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, PADecember 12, 2015
I loved this job. I was able to learn many things about furniture and history. I also learned about Habitat for Humanity and how it was run. I could not however, keep up with the physical demands of the job. I was expected to move heavy furniture by myself and ended up slipping a disc.
Habitat for Humanity
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 1, 2016
this job is a fun welcoming and friendly place to work at. they care about others and do for others like its nothing. I'd recommend this job to everyone.
secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 27, 2016
I filed legal documents, distributed mail, billed clients, answered phones, made appointments along with any and all other miscellaneous work.
learning experience
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay AreaOctober 24, 2015
People can gain more knowledge into their professional careers and meet other people that have a interest in the non profit secto. Nevertheless, individuals get first hand experience in building homes or apartments for communities. If you are into the Housing Market or Banks it is a good place to see how projects are funded.
Pros
insight to working with banks and government agencies
Cons
volunteer
I was a volunteer. The other volunteers and employees were very helpful and friendly.
Lead Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 28, 2015
I really liked the fact that every the job was a little different. It was very satisfying volunteering for a non profit organization.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no health benefits
Great non-profit work
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I think the Habitat for Humanity organization is wonderful, I totally support them. I am still a volunteer for them. I just needed a job that pays more money and has benafits.
more pay
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77029April 7, 2016
the best part was working with volunteers and networking, also seeing new home owners get there first house was nice it truly was a blessing.
working at habitat
Asst. Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2016
this job most definitely pushes one to the limits of customer service. in all areas of the field of management i love this job.
Bad experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 25, 2016
I dont enjoy be there. Really bad management. Poor treat for the employee. Any security in the building. Bad organization about task you have to do.
Pros
Any
Great Organization with a Great Mission
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2015
The staff is there for the people, not driven by bottom line dollar amount. You see the results of the work that is being done.
Pros
Making an Impact on People Lives, Building Communities, Building Families
Cons
Never enough resources to address the needs
loved the job didn't like some of things that happen there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDDecember 20, 2015
I love to work hard and I want everyone to work hard but the manager didn't work very hard and caused a lot of problems and would push it off on her workers
Pros
loved the people
Cons
the management
The money goes towards a great place
Receiving coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Pine, ORFebruary 10, 2016
This was a volunteer position and all the people there are great to work with and highly recommend doing business there as well as shopping there.
Rochester MN Habitat ReStore
ReStore Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 5, 2015
Was a decent place to work for most of the time I was there. The manager is ok, has lots of good ideas. Difficult to find volunteers, which means she had to do a lot of the labor at times. This caused a lot of friction. The driver (picked up donations) is a lot more fun. The culture when I left was decent, except for lack of volunteers on some shifts. I've heard from others that have been there since that it isn't as much fun to volunteer there as before. Hardest part of my job was getting volunteers for Saturday afternoons in the summer. Most enjoyable was working with the volunteers, driver, and customers.
Lively and dynamic job culture
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2016
It feels good to be part of a team that is able to help save the environment through re-purposing materials and then using the money generated from sales to give to the community.
not your average job by far
DeConstruction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 15, 2016
Thought it was a great opportunity in the beginning, really felt like I was aiding the community. Good organization overall, wrong people in some positions.
Inconsistent workplace practices and policies
development officer (Current Employee) –  atlantaOctober 17, 2015
Good experience for an entry level front line fundraiser. I would only recommend this organization for young professionals starting out in frontline fundraising. Not an organization for seasoning experience fundraisers.
Pros
worldwide brand
Cons
workplace inequity and lack of consistency
Volunteer Position
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 28, 2016
This was a volunteer experience while attending school at East Carolina University, in Greenville, NC, as the recipient of East Carolina Maynard Scholarship.
fun place
Donations Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 9, 2015
It always feels good to help those less fortunate than you are. Not only are you helping someone find furniture but your helping someone get rid of their old furniture, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
benefits
Cons
pay-rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4