Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

Customers to come into a store happy and leave happy.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLNovember 5, 2015
I met a lot of people at Habitat for Humanity and it's amazing what our company does for people who are in need of a good home of supplies. Whatever the customers need, we will help out with their needs and wants. The volunteers are so helpful and they make the job more comfortable. My manager is the coolest and caring person that I had ever met in my life. He cares about his volunteers and employees. The hardest part of my job is how the customers don't know the real meaning of Habitat.
productive
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 31, 2015
Good place to work filled with great co workers and other staff. Been there for almost 5 years and have enjoyed all of it. over all good place to work and shop.
Tremendous organization
Community Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 26, 2015
Habitat is a tremendous organization to work for and boasts a great group of dedicated employees. Pensacola Habitat has served more that 1,200 people in the counties it serves and exhibits a dedication to offer affordable housing to low-income residents in Pensacola.
Volunteer Build Day
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 25, 2015
The experience was pretty fun and it was nice to see the person whose house we were building at the build site. We worked on putting in shingles and drywall.
Hard working and flexible schedule
Donations Ambassador, Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 24, 2015
As an employee at habitat I was usually one of the first people to show up for work. A typical day consisted of preparing and organizing the warehouse before the store opened, followed by getting the truck ready, cleaned and set-up. A majority of the day was dedicated to driving around to scheduled pick-up appointments. Management were great-full of my efforts and great work ethic and dependability. The hardest part of the job, was repetitively lifting heavy items. Most enjoyable part, was the flexibility in scheduling.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Sometimes not getting a lunch break.
learning experience
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay AreaOctober 24, 2015
People can gain more knowledge into their professional careers and meet other people that have a interest in the non profit secto. Nevertheless, individuals get first hand experience in building homes or apartments for communities. If you are into the Housing Market or Banks it is a good place to see how projects are funded.
Pros
insight to working with banks and government agencies
Cons
volunteer
Material Handler/Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, OrOctober 23, 2015
I have worked here for about 5 years as both a volunteer and a paid employee. There is always something new to do everyday. The people who work and volunteer there are great.
Great place to work.
Truck Assistant/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 23, 2015
Everything about Habitat for Humanity is good. All the employees kept a positive attitude. Even the community service people we're happy to help. Most restores I've been in, have been a positive experience.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life.
Cons
Never enough time in a day.
great learning experience
Volunteered Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 22, 2015
I had to employ all the skills I learned from my NCCER training and use it in the real world working environment. I really enjoyed doing my 250 hour mandatory hands on experience.
The job site
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 21, 2015
Habitat is a great organization that had great benefits of meeting amazing people throughout the job and knowing your helping people out!
Pros
People you meet, time off
Cons
They close at 5
nice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 19, 2015
nice, very nice. I very much enjoyed my time with Habitat for Humanity, and would highly recommend taking a position with this company for anyone who feels as if they want to make a meaningful contribution.
Pros
Nice people, positive atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent workplace practices and policies
development officer (Current Employee) –  atlantaOctober 17, 2015
Good experience for an entry level front line fundraiser. I would only recommend this organization for young professionals starting out in frontline fundraising. Not an organization for seasoning experience fundraisers.
Pros
worldwide brand
Cons
workplace inequity and lack of consistency
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2015
organized, except when you sign up for work and something gets cancelled without explanation.
I love working with the company.
Feels good to volunteer.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 16, 2015
I like to volunteer for the people that have less than me even though I myself am homeless. I only worked there for one day so I don't have much to say.
It was a good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 12, 2015
The people are friendly and it was a great learning experience. I like the fact that it was a thrift store ad that i always interacted with different people all the time.
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
Hard floors
Great place to work!
Communications Coordinator/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 12, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no overtime
Good management, hard work but fulfilling, flexible hours
Restore Associate (Current Employee) –  Newbury, OHOctober 9, 2015
Good management, hard work but fulfilling, flexible hours.
It is a good place to work but you need to be a hard worker to succeed.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 7, 2015
It was a very educational experience , me and my other volunteers experience first hand the process of building a home. At the end of every shift you would always leave feeling great knowing your hard work is for the upcoming house owners.
Fun and rewarding volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OROctober 6, 2015
Learned how to build various parts of a house while working in small groups consisting of both experienced contractors and inexperienced volunteers. It was a really fun working with these people for the sole purpose of building a home for someone who needed it.
Pros
outdoors, choose your own hours
Cons
hard labor
great charity
charity work (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2015
This is a great place to help out the community. An amazing charity however this is not a job. One of my fav. charities. Great experience.

4.4