Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Awesome
Internship (Former Employee) –  ReceptionistAugust 19, 2015
I enjoy doing my Internship there because it was a difference atmosphere was awesome. The people there were friendly, very helpful. These were my responsibilities in the office filing, answering the phone, faxing, making copy of important papers, using different office machine such as stamp printer, copy machine, fax machine, computer and scanner.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 19, 2015
Working here was a pleasure. I had no problems in management or the way in which things were done. It was always good being around positive people and learning everyday.
Pros
interaction with people
Cons
short breaks, part-time work
Very Porductive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia,WaAugust 18, 2015
Managed a crew of ten on a day to day operations had monthly set sales goals and donation goals. Training and supervising new volunteers.Pricing and stocking new and used items on sales floor.
fulfilling experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2015
while I helped build houses for low-income families through the habitat for humanity foundation I learned many skills. I not only saw how much hard work went into building just one house, but the impact it made on the people's lives who were able to live in that house. It felt amazing to give back to people in need. It was initially hard to learn all the tasks that needed to be completed but working with a positive group that understood the importance of the work was truly incredible.
Pros
Learning new skills and seeing positive outcomes
Cons
the locations were sometimes far away
Thriving construction and refurbushing company
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2015
Exciting growing company that helps all demographics in home refurbishing and remodeling and environmentally friendly in reconstruction.
Nice place for Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 12, 2015
As a volunteer it was an enjoyable place to be. The people were friendly, the customers were happy with their experience, the breaks were enjoyable, drink and food was provided.
Pros
Good break schedules and time limits, friendly staff
Good people to work with
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed working with the store personnel on a day to day basis. The company has a good reputation of helping people get into their own homes and provides guidance on assisting with building aspects.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Need to know construction
Volunteer Work
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Ayer, MAAugust 11, 2015
I worked for Habitat for Humanity for about a week finishing a concrete basement floor. Habitat for Humanity is a great company that helps builds houses for low income families.
best time of my life
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 9, 2015
loved working with them. help to build a new house for the homeless. knocked down walls and painted it was a great experiance
Productive and great mission
Manager (Current Employee) –  MoorsevilleAugust 6, 2015
Maximize square footage of building
take in donations and clean and price
Management is great
Hardest part of job is creating space and using the space to make the biggest profit
It's a rewarding company to work for knowing you can make a difference
Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 28, 2015
My time at Habitat for humanity was a rewarding experience. I have met many great people and it was a positive experience to say the least.
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 23, 2015
I loved volunteering with Habitat. The work/life balance was basically a non-issue since I was able to volunteer for times that fit into that balance. It's hard to talk about compensation when volunteering because it is non-financial. I gave my time to help a family in need and that is enough compensation in itself. There will always be a need for volunteers but job security/advancement are also a non-issue. When you volunteer you are secure, but you are giving your time and whatever knowledge you possess helps you achieve more in that time. When it comes to management, every carpenter that I have worked with for Habitat has been great. They all seemed exceptionally skilled at identifying the difficulty of the work to be done and assigning the right volunteer to the job. Volunteer culture is probably the best work environment that I can think of. Everyone is there to get work done and sometimes we would have fun while doing it.
Pros
Volunteer Service, Great Work Environment, Great Leadership
Cons
Labor Intensive
Good Experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 22, 2015
Start up the day by having a team meting and get assignment for the day. Then get to work either building,painting or clean up. good experience for me it was fun and it show me a lot about team work.
great experience
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES / VOLUNTEER WORK (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
Volunteer hours were great!
We built houses for low income people
I also installed shingles and siding for these houses
Pros
free lunch
Cons
worked outside in the sun
Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 22, 2015
- Responsible for coordinating volunteers for Habitat for Humanity for builds/restores and ReStore warehouse positions, local advertising, and manage donations.
Was just a volunteer and had a ball
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 21, 2015
I learned a lot about this company that made is possible for ordinary people obtain a house!

My work day included helping anyone who needs help but mostly the Engagement Coordinator.

I learned a lot about marketing and behind the scene of Social Media.
Pros
Awesome workers
Cons
Not enough Volunteers
Learning Experience
Delivery Driver/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 20, 2015
This job gave me the chance to become Experienced on many types of machinery. Get established in the working environment.
Pros
Learning heavy machinery
Cons
bad environment
New Technical Skills acquired.
Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 20, 2015
I was able to take from this job a new job skill in the operation of a piece of heavy equipment I have never operated before.I will be able to add this new skill to my resume and knowledge.
Pros
The work was strenuous at times, but overall educational.
Cons
I would have like to stayed, but with the downsizing of personal i was let go.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 20, 2015
I volunteered to help build houses for the needy. I was able to het involved with laying sod, painting and construction work.
Pros
helping others and learning
Cons
no pay
Volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 15, 2015
OK job, reaching out to people and promoting the organization. As a volunteer obviously didn't get paid. Also did not stay for too long, two months.
Pros
travelling, meeting people
Cons
no pay

4.4