Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Excellent Organization
Direct Outreach Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Does great things for low income families and they have great organization for scheduling when your available to volunteer.
fun day in humanity
Construction Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 8, 2016
In humanity I learned to build houses and to help out the community for the the people who needed housing and to provide them with homes
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
overall good place to work
Customer service/Floor salesperson (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 13, 2016
A fast paced job preparing and pricing merchandise for resale, helping customers, etc.. The store was not climate controlled so temperature changes were a challenge and rearranging the furniture was a challenge when the place was full and the donation truck came in. I enjoyed working with the other employees and volunteers and seeing the regular customers daily.
Good energy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 28, 2016
Love the environment. The volunteer work is always good to help out others. I would do it again. It's all for a good cause. People are nice and friendly.
Pros
Good schedule
Helping Familes
Builder (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 17, 2016
Helped families build their home worked on various home projects including, painting, carpentry and basic electrical work. Installed cabinets and laid the foundation prior to the build.
Fun workplace for volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJuly 21, 2016
I had lots of fun volunteering for Habitat for humanity it was a pleasure to work with the other volunteers and with the staff members there I honestly have no complaints about it.
The restore has plenty of kind people who are willing to help customers without any problems.
Growing group!
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2016
The organization has grown and changed over the past several years, but is always working to support the families who benefit from the mission of the organization.
Volunteer
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2017
Helping restock shelves, put items on shelves, learning about Habitat for Humanity and what they do as a company for others
Collected data and History in the community of Joppa.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2016
During my tenure at Habitat for Humanity I had many tasks. I Collected data and History in the community of Joppa.
I also worked with community members to learn about and create methods and innovation in their community, and evaluated properties.
Pros
Good Work schedule
Cons
Short Internship
Habitat
Volunteer/Community Involvement (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 14, 2016
I was able to meet some amazing people while volunteering for Habitat.

I found out that some of the clothes that I donated to them go to third world countries.

I was able to greet customers as they came to help and drop off donations.
Great learning Experience while helping others!
Volunteer Worker for Habitat for Humanity (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2016
Volunteered during 2012 where I would fix up low income housing for new families to buy or rent, I've learned a lot from volunteering my time at Habitat For Humanity that really built into the career I was going for at the time!
Pros
Friendly People, Frequent Breaks, Understanding
Poorly organized
ReSTORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 15, 2016
Work environment among staff is proactive, however management leaves a lot to be desired. There is little room for job advancement, and pay does not correlate to what is expected of staff to do.
Marketing Manager, Habitat ReStore (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
Management is great to work with. The most important of the job is me being able to give back to my community. The people I work with are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Building homes.
Home Builder (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 17, 2016
Working for Habitat For Humanity was a great experience that I would recommend to anybody.
Though the work is hard and you may sometimes encounter hot heat, You're surrounded by good people who are all striving to better someone's life and at the same time their own community.
Pros
Helping Others, Bettering Community, ect.
Cons
Physically Demanding.
Avarage work place with nice people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORNovember 7, 2016
I kind of enjoyed working at Habitat For Humanity. The working atmosphere was calm and collective. It was an ok work place.
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2016
Very great place customers always lefted satisfied!! Employees always greeted customers and made sure they helped them find everything they were looking for...
It was ok
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaylord miSeptember 16, 2016
I worked in a little cube like office. I answered phones. I also did the filing. Tried to answer questions given to me or found someone who answer them
Pros
Worked like 3-4 hour a day
Cons
Not a long term job
Joy of helping others
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 16, 2016
The joy of helping those in need amongst other volunteers who had the same joy was a great feeling. It was a very organized and professional environment.
Graphic Design and Marketing
Graphic Designer; Video Producer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2016
Offered support to affiliates across the state of Wisconsin. Duties included creating content via video, graphics, web, and print. Wrote copy and created campaigns.
Blessing and humble.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 14, 2016
Going into this volunteer group I had no idea what I was getting in to! But the lead builders took the time to talk and educate every step that took place in building the house we built, every Saturday was a blessing and humble day because I was able to help build a home from the ground up and help a family get back on their feet. There really isn't quite better then being able to give your time to someone who deserves it.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
None!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4