Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in United States

ReStore event
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 26, 2016
I participated in ReStore event, which was an event hosted to aid the victims of natural disasters. The non-profit organization had displayed all the necessities to recover from a natural disaster. I helped by directing and setting up the items in corresponding locations and aiding victims in their needs.
Pros
Helping victims of natural disaesters
I Loved the people,I Loved the work and answering the phones
Receptionist Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with everyone at Habitat For Humanity and doing the work it was a wonderful learning from all of them . Habitat for Humanity is a great and warm place to work and learn.I Loved answering phones, collecting mail and doing other office skills. As a intern I learned excel and other things that will help me to go forward into the workforce. Thank you Habitat For Humanity for a great place for me to be and the love you shared with me and others.
Pros
Hardworking people who try to help others
Cons
They were not hiring
Great atmosphere
Sales Floor Associate/ Casher (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 24, 2016
It is a great place to work, you do allot of heavy lifting and moving of furniture. Fellow employees and managers are easy to work with.
hard work low pay
Porter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 20, 2016
7.25 to 7.61 is not enough to unload trucks moving door sinks windows matress etc they have you workin like you get paid the world i quit because i was being belittled by management by complaing and laughing at me in my face about raises or a differnt postion i would never get workin there eveyday its the same slave routine with attitude from lazy store mangers that dont do anything while you assit customers with heavy items out the store and intake in the back i work for 2 yrs almost 3 but i reached my breaking point in 2015 n walked out
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Low pay for hard work
great co-workers
week internship (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORJanuary 19, 2016
they provide a great work envirment it was fun to go and volunteer there im sad I couldn't go there anymore after I graduted from angell job corps
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short breaks
Fun experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 15, 2016
I only did this as a volunteer job. I did not make any money.
I helped build a house for a less fortunate and deserving family.

Frankly this portion of this assessment is bothersome. I am just trying to get a job, why does it matter what experiences I had somewhere else? All of this is irrelevant to being hired. The experience was great and I have nothing else to say about it.
not your average job by far
DeConstruction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 15, 2016
Thought it was a great opportunity in the beginning, really felt like I was aiding the community. Good organization overall, wrong people in some positions.
I really enjoyed this job.
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewton, ALJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day was getting furniture from warehouse after sales or to load to customers. I learned so much about sales and also how to be a leader. The hardest part was having to put my 2 week notice in due to having to relocate with my son.
very nice
Donation / Cashier /Clerical (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Enjoy the experience of being the office and working in the restore fast paced at time really enjoy working with great people
Could be a fun place to work depending on if there was a ride by from higher management.
Sales Associate/ Intern Manager (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJanuary 12, 2016
I never hated going into work. It wasn't the work that was stressful it was the time frame you had to get everything done in. There was never enough time for the management work to get done because the manager was having to be a cashier for a couple of as each day as well. And if the systems went down on anything you had to wait for them to get up & running to get the work done. Or had to start over which would take more time out of your day which gave you no home life. Circle Is not that bad but could be more family orientated
Pros
Good pay good insurance
Cons
VERY Stressful
Lively and dynamic job culture
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2016
It feels good to be part of a team that is able to help save the environment through re-purposing materials and then using the money generated from sales to give to the community.
fun
Laborer/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 4, 2016
had fun volunteering here, everyone was pretty up beat and seemed to be enjoying giving back to the community.definitely going to be volunteering there again
I was a volunteer. The other volunteers and employees were very helpful and friendly.
Lead Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 28, 2015
I really liked the fact that every the job was a little different. It was very satisfying volunteering for a non profit organization.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no health benefits
A very productive work place with fun people to be around.
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 27, 2015
A typical work day for Habitat for Humanity would consist of, me and other workers unloading, and loading household items, for either delivery, or renovation to put on the sales floor. What i learned was to communicate with my co-workers to get a couch that wouldn't fit into a car, to fit in the car. The management was pretty good. The managers had it under control, and organized pretty much all day everyday. My co-workers were extremely easy to talk to, and to get along with. The hardest part of the job would have to probably be, lifting a 100 pound item by your self that you couldn't get a good grip on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a bunch of nice people, and helping people restore their furniture.
It was a great oportunity to be able to work there.
Price donated items for display on sales floor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 21, 2015
great people, and I loved helping the customers. We had a lot of fun taking in donations and cleaning/fixing them if need be.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
nothing
loved the job didn't like some of things that happen there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDDecember 20, 2015
I love to work hard and I want everyone to work hard but the manager didn't work very hard and caused a lot of problems and would push it off on her workers
Pros
loved the people
Cons
the management
Community Service, Interaction, and Knowledge
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 15, 2015
Here at Habitat For Humanity my job was to simply give to others and be unselfish and it taught me to be exactly that. I learned that some aren't as fortunate as others and that when you give its always rewarded. There were no cons while I was here and meant to give it 5 stars all the way down.
Pros
Interaction, Learning new things, Knowledge, and helping others
Quiet environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 12, 2015
Good place to work. Because of the accounting arena, there was not much communication. I was allowed to work independently.
Pros
Allowed to work independently
Cons
No much communication
Difficult Work Load
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, PADecember 12, 2015
I loved this job. I was able to learn many things about furniture and history. I also learned about Habitat for Humanity and how it was run. I could not however, keep up with the physical demands of the job. I was expected to move heavy furniture by myself and ended up slipping a disc.
very productive
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 11, 2015
I had a great time. they were very productive and kept me on my toes. it was fun and rewarding. it made me feel good because I was able to be a part of something.
Pros
sportsmanship and hardwork.
Cons
alot of cleaning up to do but worth it.

4.4