Habitat for Humanity Kansas City is the seventh oldest affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI). As part of an international movement, we strive to provide hope and opportunity for hard-working families seeking a safe, welcoming home as a foundation for their success. We accomplish this by bringing people together from all walks of life to work in transforming neighborhoods and communities. By building and renovating homes, family structures can stabilize and began to actually plan for their future and reflect on their dreams. Our partnership with God and people, fuels our hope that every person can live and grow into all which is intended for them. Our affiliate is full of dedicated, hard-working staff, focused on fulfilling our mission. We are a fun-loving group with passionate volunteers and supporters. The affiliate has completed 265 homes in the urban core of Jackson County and boasts two highly acclaimed ReStores.
Position Tasks and Duties
1. Represents Habitat ReStore in a professional manner when dealing with donors, fellow staff members, and the general public.
2. Communicates effectively with donors and coworkers to ensure the efficient operation of collections; plans daily route and coordinates as necessary.
3. Responsibly operates various straight trucks; follows all applicable traffic and motor carrier laws.
4. Conducts on site screening on all donated items, refusing unacceptable items and providing referrals where possible.
5. Loads and secures from damage donated materials from around the Greater Kansas City area, honoring the schedule and arrangements made with donors; unloads those materials in coordination with the receiving supervisor.
6. Completes and submits receipts and reports as directed.
7. Performs preventative maintenance and upkeep on ReStore vehicles and equipment.
8. Provides field supervision to any staff members assigned to the position.
9. Serves as warehouse associate when all collections duties are fulfilled for the day, under the supervision of the receiving supervisor.
10. Encourages volunteer program success by contributing to a positive, supportive atmosphere and encouraging volunteer engagement.
1. Two years professional driving experience, preferably box truck.
2. Valid class E Missouri drivers’ license (or Kansas equivalent) with clean driving record, DOT medical certification, and ability to pass pre-employment physical.
3. Ability to efficiently navigate the Greater KC area and plan an efficient route.
4. Must have basic auto mechanic and basic computer skills.
5. Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to perform a physically-demanding job on a daily basis, regularly lifting at least 70 lbs.
6. Exercise good judgment and work ethic whether on site or in the field.
7. Neat appearance with good customer relations skills.
8. High school graduate or equivalent and at least 21 years of age.
9. Familiarity with building materials a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
1. $12/hour – 40 hours per week
2. Employer paid health, dental, vision & life insurance – Flexible Spending Account and supplemental insurance available
3. Paid vacation and holidays
Applications are available at both ReStore locations or via the web: www.restorekc.org
To submit application via email, please visit the website for instructions.
Mail/drop off application to:
Attn: Human Resources
Habitat for Humanity Kansas City
1423 E. Linwood Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64109
No calls please.