Habitat’s Vision: Imagine a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat’s Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat offers hands-on experience in leadership, entrepreneurship and sales within an international non-profit organization. Habitat’s retail store, ReStore, receives donated merchandise. ReStore receives donations including home furnishings, kitchen and laundry appliances, bath fixtures, electronics, office furniture, flooring, lawn equipment, building materials and many other supplies. ReStore resells the donated merchandise to the public. The ReStore missions include: 1-Produce funding for building simple, affordable homes for responsible, deserving families living in Pitt County, 2-Expand opportunities to serve a broader base of the low-income community by providing low-cost merchandise and 3- Provide good stewardship of recyclable resources in the community.
ReStore Leader Responsibilities
- Study, become knowledgeable and share Habitat for Humanity’s mission within Pitt County. Share the Habitat spirit with merchandise donors and sales customers. Merchandise sales support Habitat’s work to build decent, affordable homes.
- Greet customers in a timely, professional, respectful and engaging manner.
- Offer customers the best possible care, merchandise quality, value and selection, building strong customer relationships and repeat donor and customer business.
- Provide honest, fair feedback to customers regarding merchandise pricing and quality.
- Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new merchandise options and invite them to upcoming Habitat events.
- Work as a team leader to ensure each customer receives the best service possible.
- Lead Habitat’s volunteers and other ReStore support personnel.
If you can reply “Yes, I can” to many of the following, you may qualify as a ReStore Leader:
- Share Habitat’s visions and mission with co-workers, customers and volunteers.
- Excel in a retail store because I have significant retail experience.
- Perform with creative, entrepreneurial confidence in a customer-oriented retail store.
- Empower Habitat’s crew to set high sales goals and deliver exceptional service daily.
- Communicate well with others, developing relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Lead diverse volunteers with initiative, responsibility and accountability.
- Become knowledgeable and manage diverse merchandising opportunities.
- Implement new sales presentations and operating procedures.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, always changing, environment.
- Independently follow-through on unique assignments daily.
- Communicate well and develop relationships with customers, coworkers and volunteers.
- Proactively and positively handle customer relationships and concerns.
- Receive merchandise donations from donors in an appreciative, helpful manner.
- Display merchandise donations in a well-organized, easy shop sales floor plan.
- Manage the sales counter in a responsible, knowledgeable and appreciative spirit.
- Drive large box truck for merchandise pick-ups in a professional, courteous manner.
- Benefits include reimbursement of healthcare expenses, employer-matched 401K savings plan and paid vacation. Habitat for Humanity of Pitt County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
Indeed - 10 months ago