Habitat Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
ReStore Associate (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 16, 2017
Days went by fast, work with different people everyday, and most of all everyday is different! Management can be a bit of a pain at times when it comes to trusting their employees.
Pros
Lots of work experience
Cons
No job advancement
Review of Habitat Co.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of collecting rent from tenants, assisting new tenants with a lease, and security for the entire complex. The hardest part about that job was finding a deceased tenant in his apartment, and notifying his family members.
Pros
Tenants were very friendly.
Cons
Management did not care about the employees
The customers are fun and enjoying
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 4, 2017
The work is hard for the low pay, but it is a non-profit and our purpose it so build houses. You don't go to work for a non-profit for the pay, you go for the experience and the knowledge of knowing you are helping others.
Each ReStore is ran by a board of directors and so each experience is different!
Great opportunity to meet new people.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 1, 2017
Volunteering at Habitat for Humanity allowed me to become more connected with the community as well as the individuals involved in making all of the projects and funds possible. This organization, encourages residents of the community to donate any and all goods to be used for resale. The funds gathered from the selling of donated items, is then used to fund housing construction projects for less fortunate families in need. Labor for these projects are almost always contributed by local volunteers and in many cases members of the family that have been awarded the house by Habitat.

This organization opened my eyes to how much of an impact that can be made with a help from everyone. I feel that Habitat for Humanity
Pros
Worked around school schedual
Cons
none to note
Great experience
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OR 97128February 16, 2017
A days work there was not to hard, not to easy. I learned about how important Habitat for Humanity was to the world, and how good it felt to work in a non-profit. The management was superb and really friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is pretty much everything. Sure it's hard at times, but that is part of the fun when you work in a great environment.
Cons
Very relaxed but productive workplace
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Tennessee) (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 2, 2017
A group of students from my school went down to Tennessee to help a habitat for humanity project. We helped build parts of several different houses for families in need.
The job was fun and a new experience
JANITORAL WORKER / MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work was getting up every morning at 8:00 going to Wentworth Gardens management office. Cleaning around the neighborhood, homes, hallways etc. The management in all we're really good people. The co-workers we're more than fun to work with. The hardest part? I would say there was no hard part. They gave us nothing we couldn't handle. The most enjoyable part about the job, was the job itself. It was a great experience.
Fast paced work environment
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 14, 2016
Manage a team of 25-35 employees
1255 units covering two properties
Two assistant Community Managers
Six Leasing Agents
Large maintenance team
Fantastic experience
Full Stack Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2016
Habitat is a civic app built in collaboration with the City of Santa Monica providing a wide range of tools to the residents looking for affordable and stable housing. The application has a user account management portal, a variety of geo location and map search features and tenant focus features enabling quick and easy communications with landlords. I found the experience fantastic and the culture forward thinking.
Awesome employer with lots advancements
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis MOAugust 24, 2016
I think the Habitat Company is a awesome place to work. Work hard and there's a chance for growth within the company and its cool also if you will be looking to relocate in the future. Great benefits
Interesting place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 15, 2016
Very physical work but enjoyable, the only part I didn't like was the amount of down time. Sometimes there just wasn't much to do, otherwise the people and customers were very friendly and fun to work with.
It was a great place to work when i first started. There a was different CEO and upper management was different. They cared about the staff.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Work load too much with not enough staff onsite. I asked for years for more help and when things weren't right I was on the line for everything even though I did what I could do with what I had. I eventually quit due to the stress.
Pros
Great beneftis
Cons
Salary, work load, not enough staff on site, upper management not realistic about onsite goals
Great atmosphere and good people to work with
customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  colonial Dr OrlandoJanuary 21, 2016
It was a great job enjoyed doing customer service for the clients that came in the store. I feel they are a great service to our community.
Productive calm work place with nice people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2015
At work we have a routine and we know what needs to be done and how to execute it. My co-workers are team players.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers. There aren't many of us so we stick together.
Pros
Flexible schedules, most weekends off
Cons
Short breaks, no grace periods
good place to work
STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2015
Come into work starting off with a positive attitude get involved with the community and the shoppers excellent work place with a nice size fun break room
Pros
long break
Cons
healthcare
non profit organization helping community for good hope
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2015
long time well set up non profit community organization who is helping qualified people to own home. good job well organized I am doing volunteers work love it.
Pretty decent
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisSeptember 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not at all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Relaxed workplace
Head Lifeguard / Lifeguard Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Management was really nice and helpful, as were my co-workers. My typical day consisted of maintaining the cleanliness, chemical balance, and safety of the pool area. I learned how to effectively train and manage a group of fellow lifeguards.
Its rewarding when you can watch a house dedication.The family has done so much to get their home.
Restore Associate (Current Employee) –  303 S. Lee Street Kingland, GA 31548July 22, 2015
A typical day consists of getting the store ready for opening and closing. Counting the till money bag to make certain we have the same amount we ended with at close. We open all doors to the public at 9am, from there we do what is necessary to assist customers, load the purchases, process donations and get then priced and out to the public
Make copies of hold, sold and other signs as needed, We explain any programs are coming, As well as sales and mark downs.
Processing donations is a large part of most days.
Pros
helping people acheve their drean
Cons
the heat and the cold
Work includes moving of furniture/building materials as needed
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua New HampshireJune 22, 2015
I help unload the donation truck, work with various volunteers to clean and move furniture to sales floor. The hardest part of the job is the loading/unloading of appliances/furniture by myself. The business is managed by a volunteer board of directors with very little retail experience. I do enjoy working on the floor with customers but am not fond of the fact that the volunteers can come and go as they please with no real schedule of if and when they will be there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2