Habitat

Habitat Employee Reviews

Productive and Rewarding place to work...
Pricing Clerk (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts to employee purchases, All employees and volunteers have good Christian work ethics.
Cons: None
I started out learning how the "Re-Store" prices the items they receive through donations. By the 3rd week, I was receiving praise from my mentor, the manager of the store and all of the supervisors and dispatch personnel as to how fast I learned the routine and how I price the items such that they are reasonably priced to be appealing to the customers and therefore move the merchandise quickly to make room for more merchandise to be placed on the showroom floor for sale. Sales have increased $1000.00 to $2000.00 daily since I have started in the pricing position.
Little hippie shop run by hippies
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Exton, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: low stress position, even at christmas your sanity comes first.
Cons: in a mall, windowless, no advancement.
Seriously great people, and a perfect job for any student. I wholeheartedly look back with fondness, even though PA minimum wage is a joke.
The Introvert's Favorite Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Gettysburg PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: everything. would work there again
Cons: nothing.
At this store, all employees are trained to handle the store independently. That means I was all by myself for the entire shift, handling customers and the store. Multi tasking is definitely key there, but it was great. If it wasn't seasonal, I would still be working there.
Habitat For Humanity
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2014
This was a volunteer project I participated in which taught me leadership and teamwork. It was a great experience.
Volunteer Work
VOLUNTEER COMMUNITY SERVICE (Former Employee), Norman, OklahomaSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: helping others
A positive environment, everyone there was volunteering their time for others.
-There wasn't anything hard about this activity, always enjoyed.
-Best part of this activity, helping others.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: ability to help others
Cons: not having all resources
assist in building homes with other volunteers, and learning different skills though assisting with various projects.
Intern construction worker for St.louis career center
Intern construction worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2014
Pros: hands on training, internship, helped out the community
Cons: sweltering heat, lack of help from other construction groups
Laying foundations and doing grunt work as well as working on roofs for habitat homes in the greater North St. Louis Jeffery Vander Lou neighborhood. I worked with 10 other men as an intern learning the basics of construction as well as manual labor. Hardest part of the job was probably the amount of time we spent at the job site each and every day about 5-6 days a week. Most enjoyable part was the lives we helped change by our contributions put into establishing the building and remodeling of some of those North St. Louis homes.
Model of excellence
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: helping people in need
Cons: n/a
Habitat For Humanity is a awesome program/organization that provides brand new homes, and/or home repairs for families in need. While I didn't earn any wages working with the company I highly enjoyed helping people help themselves. I felt/feel very blessed & fortunate to be able to possess a skill that can fix & possibly forever change people's lives. One situation in particular involved me working on the home of a single father with three children. The condition of his attic/crawl space was so dire that you could look through gaps in the ceiling & see the roof. I can only imagine how brutal his winters & summers could've been. After I completed my task I was able to guarantee that his home will feel more like Spring time all year around, & that means the world to me. On another job I assisted a construction crew who was building a roof deck on a home for paralyzed child who was homeless before H.F.H stepped in. The world deserves more companies like Habitat For Humanity.
Decent place to work and good people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good opportunity for leadership
Cons: less than great management at times
My job is based on taking care of the clothing boutique, so my typical day consisted of sorting donations, deciding what was good enough to put on the racks, steaming clothes, cleaning shoes, and organizing the store in a way that pleased customers. I learned a lot on how to manage myself, because oftentimes management could not give me a direct answer of how they wanted me to handle something. The hardest part of the job is the monotony of the same routine, and dealing with very rude and careless customers. The best part of the job is that by handling the boutique by myself, I got to make most of the decisions about how I wanted to handle things.
Exciting work environment
CHIEF ENGINEER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2014
Good company to work with and gave me a good opportunity to advance in my courier.
A day in the life of Habitat
Humanity Restore Volunteer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: lunch-time, volunteer help, time spent with management
Cons: volunteer help can be overwhelming and a mess
A typical day at Habitat would include working with various fun people, including management, and also meeting lots of new wonderful people. During a Habitat day you might venture out to do pick-ups where you would load up donations and transport them back to the store to be processed. The items get cleaned, priced and set nicely out on the floor. During the process you can multitask and talk to customers and co-workers. The most difficult part of the job is the heavy lifting of furniture and appliances. But we use team work to get the job done. And I would have to say the most important part of the day is the wonderful and enjoyable experience of making a difference in just one persons life, if not more.
Exciting and interesting place to meet and make a variety of new friends.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2013
Pros: bonuses and overtime. nice neighborhood. plenty of restaurants.
Cons: from my personal experience and observations, unfortunately no apparent, complete team unity and true creed.
A typical day for me started by checking the lobbies, office and laundry rooms for damage and unauthorized entry or use. Check the trash rooms and outdoor grounds. Prepare apartments for move-ins and check for work orders. I learned that the majority of the tenants are friendly and appreciative when greeted, including outside vendors. Management staff are often very complimentary and respectful when they recognize a job well done. Working with my co-workers was not much a team effort. There appeared to have been individual and segregated groups. After excessive numerous observations I never really felt a total honest and complete team was possible due to behind the scenes unethical behaviors. The hardest part was not being a union worker and openly being treated as expendable. Being ridiculed by certain co-workers was somewhat of a draw back, especially when done openly with no recourse. Another hard part was the ignorance and disrespect by certain staff when informing them of my prior experience as a former Marine Corp soldier with Military Police background. Their rude, obnoxious behavior and laughter would question their validity of being a true Loyal American, let alone confirm their mental state of ability. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my work after completion and the effort applied. I also enjoyed the expressions and resentment by some, of a job well done by myself and with pride ( priceless ). Overall working for this company was a true and rewarding experience with an exception or two. I look forward to and would enjoy returning to this organization anytime, whether in the near or distant future. Honestly.
Great job
Manger (Former Employee), Reading, PANovember 10, 2013
I opened and closed. I ordered stock put it out.I hired and fired. I also cleaned was a cashier
Habitat for me
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Randolph, NJ 07869October 7, 2013
Pros: the atmosphere was pleasant and the workers was friendly.
Cons: ?
I liked the purpose of habitat and what they represent, The one who started this company had a vision. Hope the vision never get lost in the politics. The women and men I work with was mostly volunteers, and they all had different stories, but all in all they were nice people to work with. The managers, I basically liked and I did not mind working for them.
Relaxed Workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee), North Wales, PAMay 29, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: compensation
My typical work day is busy. I come into the store. I need to straighten out the store and make sure everything is well organized. I check the sales that my other coworkers did the night before. The most enjoyable about my job is working with customers. I'm a very friendly and outgoing so I love talking to people. So I spend my whole time working talking to my customers and build relationships. They love to come back. I've learned more about customer service. My manager is understanding and work hard. She's easy to get along with. My coworkers are great. They work as hard as I do and we will consider us as team members
Small fun store
Key Holder (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PAMay 6, 2013
Pros: access to one of a kind collectibles, small store, carefree atmosphere
Cons: no room to improve, no benefits
Relieving co-worker of their shift. Learned to count down registers. management would leave a list of duties to get done. This job was a very easy job and nothing would be considered hard. The most enjoyable thing would be the customer who frequent the odd store.
awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAFebruary 19, 2013
Great place to work friendly environment great co workers easy going days
I wish I could've worked there permanately
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: working hard and familiarizing myself with customer service in a retail setting
Cons: occasional hot summer days
The people there are bright and kind and very encouraging and it was my ideal job because even though it's not so much fast pace heavy lifting was involved when ever I was there and I got chances to provide customer service so Habitat for Humanity in my opinion really got me wanting to be a hard worker.
My History with Habitat
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: enough time to finish the job that was given to me.
Cons: short breaks
*A typical day at work would be, Sign in, Price items, Load And unload the truck that comes everyday.
*I learned how to talk to costumers and how I should price items.
*My co-workers were friendly. They helped me out when I needed help.
*The hardest part of the job was unloading the scrap at the scrap yard.
*The most enjoyable part was talking to costumers. I had a fun time with that.
Good Company - Suspect Management
Superintendent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: bad, unprofessional property managers
A great company but the managers are not loyal or trustworthy. If you are not a brown-noser, this company may not be the right one for you.