Habitat Employee Reviews

Ran by an out of state management company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
The work environment is very stressful some of the staff should not be in the field. Not a good reputation for understanding of staff, a lot of turn around and work conditions were unexceptionable.
Great Stepping Stone
Sales Assistant/Showroom Organization (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
Everyone was angry all the time. The owner made us stay until 10 pm at times. I did advance quickly due to the company being small. The sales rep I worked for vouched for me and really helped me learn and advance. Overall served to be a great stepping stone. It was my first corporate job so it served me well.
Pros
quick advancement
Cons
went out of business
good place to work
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 21, 2017
Good owners, rewarding work. compensation is not that great but good job security. I would go back if I wanted to pursue that profession still. Talking with Co-workers were always the highlight of the day. Good Crew
Productive and Competitive Work Environment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2017
It is always new rules and procedures introduced and that have to be applied. The management needs to ensure that they provide enough training when introducing new ideas or procedures
Great Company Culture
Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
Everyone in the office is very friendly and genuinely cares about each other's personal lives. Whenever there is good news within the office, an email thread is shared, congratulating and thanking the employees. Very personal. Room for growth if there is interest.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer helper (Former Employee) –  Harbor Springs, MIOctober 30, 2017
I was a volunteer but still had fun helping out. I enjoyed going around and picking up stuff at peoples places or businesses. I enjoyed being able to work even though i was under 18.
Pros
hands on work
Cons
to far from home
Great place to learn new skills!
Intern (Former Employee) –  DelawareOctober 9, 2017
Wonderful way to advance your career and expand upon areas that you may have had an interest in. Great people and good team that all put in the work where there is a need.
This was a voluteer assignment
Habitat for Humanity International Volunteer (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 4, 2017
The concept of building homes for the underprivileged is a great idea especially with the new owners putting in sweat equity into their homes there should be more of this.
Pros
It is good for people to do volunteer work.
Cons
Sometimes people were just standing around
great
build houses (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 2, 2017
the job was a productive job i enjoy going to on a daily basis and open free job understanding co workers and managers that worked with me in areas i didnt understand and i better my skills
Oerfect opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 20, 2017
Helped open a whole lot of doors to siccess. Helped me get the experience to become a productive part of society. I felt habitat gave me a second chance at making a difference in my community.
Overview of a Day at Habitat
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMarch 18, 2017
First thing in the morning, we start of by checking all message left from the night before. We make sure each and every customer questions are concern has been addressed. Secondly, we check all of the items sold from the day before are tag and ready to be picked up by the customer. Third, we count the drawers of the cashier registers. Forth, we clean bathrooms, and take out trash. Wipe down counters and straighten up items place on the counters. At 10 am, we then open store and begin our day.
Great learning experience
ReStore Associate (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 16, 2017
Days went by fast, work with different people everyday, and most of all everyday is different! Management can be a bit of a pain at times when it comes to trusting their employees.
Pros
Lots of work experience
Cons
No job advancement
Review of Habitat Co.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of collecting rent from tenants, assisting new tenants with a lease, and security for the entire complex. The hardest part about that job was finding a deceased tenant in his apartment, and notifying his family members.
Pros
Tenants were very friendly.
Cons
Management did not care about the employees
The customers are fun and enjoying
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 4, 2017
The work is hard for the low pay, but it is a non-profit and our purpose it so build houses. You don't go to work for a non-profit for the pay, you go for the experience and the knowledge of knowing you are helping others.
Each ReStore is ran by a board of directors and so each experience is different!
Great opportunity to meet new people.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 1, 2017
Volunteering at Habitat for Humanity allowed me to become more connected with the community as well as the individuals involved in making all of the projects and funds possible. This organization, encourages residents of the community to donate any and all goods to be used for resale. The funds gathered from the selling of donated items, is then used to fund housing construction projects for less fortunate families in need. Labor for these projects are almost always contributed by local volunteers and in many cases members of the family that have been awarded the house by Habitat.

This organization opened my eyes to how much of an impact that can be made with a help from everyone. I feel that Habitat for Humanity
Pros
Worked around school schedual
Cons
none to note
Great experience
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OR 97128February 16, 2017
A days work there was not to hard, not to easy. I learned about how important Habitat for Humanity was to the world, and how good it felt to work in a non-profit. The management was superb and really friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is pretty much everything. Sure it's hard at times, but that is part of the fun when you work in a great environment.
Cons
Very relaxed but productive workplace
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Tennessee) (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 2, 2017
A group of students from my school went down to Tennessee to help a habitat for humanity project. We helped build parts of several different houses for families in need.
The job was fun and a new experience
JANITORAL WORKER / MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work was getting up every morning at 8:00 going to Wentworth Gardens management office. Cleaning around the neighborhood, homes, hallways etc. The management in all we're really good people. The co-workers we're more than fun to work with. The hardest part? I would say there was no hard part. They gave us nothing we couldn't handle. The most enjoyable part about the job, was the job itself. It was a great experience.
Fast paced work environment
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 14, 2016
Manage a team of 25-35 employees
1255 units covering two properties
Two assistant Community Managers
Six Leasing Agents
Large maintenance team
Fantastic experience
Full Stack Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2016
Habitat is a civic app built in collaboration with the City of Santa Monica providing a wide range of tools to the residents looking for affordable and stable housing. The application has a user account management portal, a variety of geo location and map search features and tenant focus features enabling quick and easy communications with landlords. I found the experience fantastic and the culture forward thinking.